Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
Since the deadline for the "introductory rates" has passed, what are the new rates going to be? As of now on the website, I don't see anything that's different.
I second this. I guess I live in a cave and didn't see the original posts about this club. I'm interested, but before I drive out there I'd like to know what the rates are.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:57 PM

I briefly saw the new pricing when I was there Saturday for the Grand Opening and it looks like the initial is going up by $50 and the monthly by $10.
Old 02-23-2015, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Fiend View Post
I briefly saw the new pricing when I was there Saturday for the Grand Opening and it looks like the initial is going up by $50 and the monthly by $10.
Ew. For $10 more, that would cause me to think twice as the whole "shoot twice a month and you're saving" thing doesn't save as much; possibly a few bucks. Maybe if it was offset with more guest passes, it would be more enticing.
Old 02-23-2015, 1:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
The gunsmith Chad did a great job on my old Smith 586. Also it was the cheapest I could find in the area. I am about to drop off another pistol for cerakote later this week.
did he blast the pistol down to the metal or add the cerakote to the original coating?
Old 02-23-2015, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
did he blast the pistol down to the metal or add the cerakote to the original coating?
Blasted it smooth then coated/baked it.
I have had some other work done there, PM me if you want to know more
Old 02-24-2015, 9:09 AM

Default Sac Gun Club

This is an absolutely awesome place. Everyone is very friendly and extremely professional. I became a member and have no regrets and use my membership to the fullest. Love this place. I am constantly bring new friends and one has also become a member.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:11 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!
Are shirts still available? I didn't know about this when I was in.
Old 02-24-2015, 2:20 PM

I was at the Club last Friday afternoon. To my delight, fully half the shooters there were women and girls. One group of four women came in about 6 pm to shoot handguns together. Several couples were there too.

And I had the extreme pleasure of watching a dad teach his 6 year old daughter how to shoot a rifle. It was an air rifle, child size, but ya know, she was hitting the target 2 times out of three. At 6 ! Everyone in the room was applauding.

Dads, bring your kid, boys or girls, teach them to shoot. But only bring one child per adult, you really have to control them tightly to keep them safe at the range.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 02-25-2015, 8:37 PM

Default High end gun club

We joined this club just before the grand opening. I love it. I've taken my older .22 in for repair, and purchased a lower for my AR, and spoken with several of the guys at the counters. Very cool. I have been to other gun stores where the sales guys are condescending, and it's a real turn off. This place is just a great gun store and range. I find the sales guys knowledgeable, and friendly. I'll certainly be exercising my guns here as often as possible.

Quote:
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

Old 02-26-2015, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakhaus View Post
DontTaseMeBro - When I was in there 3 weeks ago using a guest pass and doing a transfer we were told they were by the hour and the transfer was only good once. They are either changing their policies fast and furious or there is disinformation within the staff.

Well, hello, that wasn't there before!
I would really like some clarification as well. I was in there to do a PPT, private party transfer, between myself and another member and was charged $35. When questioned, I was told the $35 fee is mandated per california (25 for dros and 10 for ffl) and that the membership benefit was for receiving a firearm online.

I was expecting to have the $10 waived, but apparently that is no longer the policy. It had had already taken over 45 minutes for the process and I had to get some range time in before a competition the next day, so I didn't want to push it further.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
I would really like some clarification as well. I was in there to do a PPT, private party transfer, between myself and another member and was charged $35. When questioned, I was told the $35 fee is mandated per california (25 for dros and 10 for ffl) and that the membership benefit was for receiving a firearm online.

I was expecting to have the $10 waived, but apparently that is no longer the policy. It had had already taken over 45 minutes for the process and I had to get some range time in before a competition the next day, so I didn't want to push it further.

You've misunderstood. SGC has never waived the $10 FFL fee for PPT, it has always been $35 for PPT. The fee was only waived for FFL to FFL transfers i.e. the $50 FFL fee. If you purchase a firearm from SGC, you are only charged the $25 DROS fee. The $25 DROS fee is a CA fee and is charged for all firearms transfers.

As previously stated, the waived FFL fee for FFL to FFL transfers have been limited to 1 per member per year. I cannot confirm if this will change or how it will change as it is out of my control.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal
Old 02-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
You've misunderstood. SGC has never waived the $10 FFL fee for PPT, it has always been $35 for PPT. The fee was only waived for FFL to FFL transfers i.e. the $50 FFL fee. If you purchase a firearm from SGC, you are only charged the $25 DROS fee. The $25 DROS fee is a CA fee and is charged for all firearms transfers.

As previously stated, the waived FFL fee for FFL to FFL transfers have been limited to 1 per member per year. I cannot confirm if this will change or how it will change as it is out of my control.
Ok, thanks. I guess I did get mixed up.

Sorry for being slow, but that $50 FFL to FFL transfer fee is for you to receive something from like an online order, but ONLY if you don't have that item for sale. Then we'd just be charged $25 for DROS, and tax (if we didn't already pay it).
Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
Ok, thanks. I guess I did get mixed up.

Sorry for being slow, but that $50 FFL to FFL transfer fee is for you to receive something from like an online order, but ONLY if you don't have that item for sale. Then we'd just be charged $25 for DROS, and tax (if we didn't already pay it).

No worries. That's correct, only the $25 DROS fee would be charged if you chose to use your member benefit for that transaction.

Old 03-02-2015, 1:57 PM

I'd like to see a rule that new shooters being taught by family, friends or instructors should be put in a separate room.

It gives me the willies when I see newbies waving guns around or when two people are at the bench or an 'instructor' is blocking the view of the RSO. Just open an additional room, it'll be better for everyone.
Old 03-02-2015, 5:09 PM

Feel free to bring that to the attention of an RSO. If people are waving guns around, we would all appreciate it. The RSOs are very attentive.
Old 03-04-2015, 2:34 PM

If the RSO doesn't see a newbie waving a gun around, it's already too late. Having newbies in a separate room should be a policy change, not a one-off for an RSO to correct.
Old 03-04-2015, 5:09 PM

So if you saw a child step into the street once and then step back on the curb, by your logic you should do nothing since it's the parent's problem not yours.

I've been shooting competitively for over 20 years. Does that mean I get my own range away from you? Do cops get their own range? Military get their own range? By your logic there could be 10 or more different ranges.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility?
Old 03-05-2015, 3:26 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
If the RSO doesn't see a newbie waving a gun around, it's already too late. Having newbies in a separate room should be a policy change, not a one-off for an RSO to correct.
I disagree, it shouldn't be policy but based upon the situation. I have taught both my 8yo and wife to shoot and there was never any gun waving around.

Typically when I see gun waving I leave the range, but I wouldn't see any issue in speaking to the RSO also. That said I'm not going to be shuttled off to a separate room with my son because you once had a bad experience. Though on second thought, it may be nice....perhaps this should be rule and for a slightly higher price I get VIP access to my own range.
Old 03-09-2015, 4:19 AM

I see the new monthly rates went up. I have not received any notice in the mail regarding the increase. Just wondering if this is for only new members joining? For those of us who joined last October, are we locked in at the the original rate?
Let us hope our weapons are never needed but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey
Old 03-09-2015, 11:37 AM

I had the same question and this was what I was told back in post #108:

"Current members are bound by the rates of their original contracts for the remainder of their terms. Please speak with one of our membership coordinators regarding the options available to you when your 12 months are up."
Old 03-09-2015, 2:35 PM

Which unfortuneatly means that after one year (the end of our contract) they COULD increase our rates to the current rates. I can only hope they respect those of us who joined weeks before they even opened and let us stay at the original rate.
Old 03-09-2015, 7:14 PM

Hmm yeah not liking the sounds of that...
Old 03-10-2015, 4:41 PM

From $19-$27 a year. Thats a extra $100 a year. Thats a 42% increase.
$325 a year now. I knew it would go up. However I would like to see smaller increases for those who have already joined Like $4-$5.
Not just because some of us were with you when you first opened, but because 42% is a big increase.

My visits have slowed down now. I'm aiming for once or twice a month now. I'm also gone every summer from end of June to mid aug. So $325 is almost questionable
Let us hope our weapons are never needed but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey
Old 03-10-2015, 5:52 PM

The reason I signed up when I did was to lock in the pre grand opening rate. I'll definitely cancel if rates for us go to the current rates.
Old 03-10-2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
The reason I signed up when I did was to lock in the pre grand opening rate. I'll definitely cancel if rates for us go to the current rates.

Same here.

STOP THE TUNNELS
Old 03-10-2015, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
In all fairness you cant expect the monthly rate to never go up. Operating costs go up= The monthly dues go up. However $19 to $27 is a pretty big jump 42%

From my past experience with a swim and rec center in the bay area.
My yearly rate was spread over 12 months. Yes every year it would go up just a little nothing big like a 42% increase. Also when we left to move to Sacramento Our rate was much lower the new incoming families.
Edward Abbey

Last edited by Hayduke Lives; 03-10-2015 at 8:03 PM..
Old 03-10-2015, 10:42 PM

My silver membership is $29/month now. I will be very disappointed if they raise my rates in January. Never a good idea to try and nickel and dime people in such a competitive market. Especially those of us who joined weeks before construction was even completed.
Also I see the initial is now $249. Glad I got in at $49
Old 03-11-2015, 1:01 PM

hmmm...my paperwork shows Silver was originally $29 monthly/$59 Initial, Bronze $19 monthly/$49 initial, and VIP $49 monthly/$499 initial. I signed up for Silver at the end of November 2014. If prices go up, I'll downgrade to Bronze, or just cancel my membership. There should be some type of "Grandfathering" as a good-will gesture for those who took the leap of faith before anything was even open.
Old 03-11-2015, 1:26 PM
Veteran Member

Personally I don't see how raising their rates this high makes a lot of business sense. It costs basically $20 to go to any of the indoor ranges in the area. For a $19/mo bronze membership you are spending the same money as if you go to any indoor range once per month. If you go more than once per month then you are saving money, but if you only go once you are still breaking even. At $27/mo, if you are going only once per month, it would simply be cheaper to go anywhere and pay the $20 when you go. And you would have more flexibility if you didn't go some months it wouldn't cost you anything.

Last edited by Toolbox X; 03-12-2015 at 7:59 AM..
Old 03-11-2015, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
.... That said I'm not going to be shuttled off to a separate room with my son because you once had a bad experience. Though on second thought, it may be nice....perhaps this should be rule and for a slightly higher price I get VIP access to my own range.
I don't understand the resistance to the idea of having a new range opened for first time shooters with a teacher or instructor. If I were an instructor, or a new shooter, I'd be thrilled to have a quieter, less crowded environment to teach or learn in. I'd pay extra for it.

To be clear, the idea of opening a new range for first time shooters is not aimed at kids. I LOVE to see families shooting together. I love to see kids on the range. They are our future.

Sacramento Gun Club has NRA certified Instructors on staff and IMNSHO, any newbie would be better off getting professional instruction than learning from a buddy or a relative, no matter how competent. Why? Same reason you never try to teach your spouse or SO how to drive. Objectivity, no emotional attachments, nothing to prove.

Children might be an exception. It might be better for kids to begin their journey with a parent or grandparent, instead of a stranger, even if that stranger was an NRA Instructor. I don't have children, they're grown and gone, so I'll leave that discussion up the the actual parents.

I am an NRA Certified RSO and I've supervised ranges for upwards of 100 people shooting at one time. I don't work at the Sac Gun Club, but I do know what I'm talking about regarding range safety.

(And Thunder has no idea whatsoever of what I've seen or when. )
Old 03-14-2015, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

Quoting message and commenting.
Love the place! Also, isn't it true that my membership continues from year to year until I resign?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Your membership rates will not change while you are under contract. You will have to speak with the memberships department regarding the options available to you after your 12 months expires.

Old 03-21-2015, 5:19 PM

We have items on sale until Thursday, March 26, 2015. Your membership discounts apply on top of the sale items.

Please visit the commercial sales section here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5#post16013835

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 03-21-2015 at 5:23 PM..
Old 03-23-2015, 1:27 PM

I've been a couple times as a guest of my cousin who is a member. Very nice set up and the membership structure is not un-reasonable.

The only reason I don't join up is it's out of my way to get there and I wouldn't use it enough to justify the expense. My commute is the 80 corridor, not the 50. It's a good 30 minutes from my office and 35-40 from my home.
And so what do you count ?

Everyone's an expert on the Internet but I'm thinking you are a poser.
Old 04-23-2015, 3:37 PM

Hello everyone. We have a sale going on this week. Please see our "Sales and Promotions" thread in Commercial Sales section or in my signature. Thanks and stay safe.

Old 04-28-2015, 5:26 PM

Sac Gun Club is starting a Summer League, for teams of four, handguns, starting in May.

I don't see it announced on their website, but you can call the club and get filled in. Registration ends May 6, I think.

Also, there will be two Ladies Nights in May, 7th and 22d, I think, from 6-8. Again, call them for details.
Old 05-19-2015, 3:36 PM

We are planning to have several other events in the near future. Please stay tuned.

Old 06-17-2015, 3:31 PM

We're now officially a Glock Blue Label provider. Details can be found here:

SGC Glock Blue Label Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 3:35 PM

Default Hours of Operation as of July 6, 2015

Please note our July 4th Weekend Schedule as well as our new hours of operation. We've extended weekday hours to accommodate for enthusiasts who battle rush hour traffic.

Independence Day Weekend Hours:

Friday, July 3, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, July 4, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Sunday, July 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

New Hours of Operation beginning Monday, July 6, 2015:

Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Old 06-30-2015, 4:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Please note our July 4th Weekend Schedule as well as our new hours of operation. We've extended weekday hours to accommodate for enthusiasts who battle rush hour traffic.

Independence Day Weekend Hours:

Friday, July 3, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, July 4, 2015 - 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Sunday, July 5, 2015 - 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

New Hours of Operation beginning Monday, July 6, 2015:

Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Extended hours....great!

I may actually join now.