Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2015, 8:25 PM

I joined as a Bronze member the 1st day they were open in November. I just upgraded to VIP. This range is the best I have been to in 20 years, and easily the best place to shoot in the Sacramento Region. If I can make 1 suggestion: Start offering a referral bonus to members that refer friends, etc to become members. I have used numerous guest passes to bring friends that have now become members and others that plan to join. It would be nice to get a few passes for each new member I refer. Keep up the great work!
Old 02-11-2015, 7:41 AM

Maybe offer a discount on firearms to members. Might sell some more.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!
In for a shirt, signed up for a silver membership on monday!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 PM

I think my wife and myself will be stopping by here this evening to check it out. She bought me a gift card for Xmas. She isn't an avid shooter but when she says she wants to go, I'm going if it gets her shooting guns
Old 02-15-2015, 1:43 PM

I noticed on you website it says $37 for a bronze group membership. Is that $37 for four people, because it also says $10 for each adult past 2nd?????

Old 02-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Janitors Mop
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Went today and took a tour. Very nice establishment ... Adam and Allen were great hosts. Very nice meeting the group!

Last edited by Ferrum; 02-16-2015 at 8:57 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthetwin View Post
I noticed on you website it says $37 for a bronze group membership. Is that $37 for four people, because it also says $10 for each adult past 2nd?????
I think it's 37 for 2 then an additional 10 for the third and 4th. If you're not doing more than 2 it seems more beneficial to do two separate individuals because you get double of everything.
Old 02-17-2015, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdude View Post
I think it's 37 for 2 then an additional 10 for the third and 4th. If you're not doing more than 2 it seems more beneficial to do two separate individuals because you get double of everything.
It is my impression everyone in the group still gets the same amount of benefits.
Old 02-17-2015, 8:57 PM

Oh maybe, hmm. Im sure theyll chime in.

PS - I signed up for silver membership today, and forgot to ask about a tshirt, are there any XL left?
Old 02-18-2015, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvrick View Post
It is my impression everyone in the group still gets the same amount of benefits.
Nope, I asked them if everyone gets the benefits or if it's shared and they said they are shared. To me that discourages the group memberships quite a bit, especially for the second person. You are basically paying the same price and getting half the benefits. Maybe if it's you, and your kids who wouldn't use the benefits, but it's quite a handicap otherwise.
Old 02-18-2015, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakhaus View Post
Nope, I asked them if everyone gets the benefits or if it's shared and they said they are shared. To me that discourages the group memberships quite a bit, especially for the second person. You are basically paying the same price and getting half the benefits. Maybe if it's you, and your kids who wouldn't use the benefits, but it's quite a handicap otherwise.
If a group of 4 shooters chipped in for a bronze membership they would get unlimited range access for 14.25 a month instead of 19 and an upfront cost of 75 instead of 149. Your first year total ends up being 246 instead of 377 which is a significant savings, enough to cover the cost of the lost benefits.

I agree that the package is less attractive for groups of 2 which is why I opted to go Silver individual and just let my wife use my guest passes for when she feels like coming along.

Last edited by Midtown; 02-18-2015 at 3:23 PM..
Old 02-18-2015, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown View Post
I agree that the package is less attractive for groups of 2 which is why I opted to go Silver individual and just let my wife use my guest passes for when she feels like coming along.
This. Exactly this.
Old 02-19-2015, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Your first year total ends up being 246 instead of 377 which is a significant savings, enough to cover the cost of the lost benefits.
I would disagree.

6 guest passes x $19 = $114
4 quick cleanings x $10= $40
1 handgun rentals x $15 = $15
1 transfer fee x $35 = $35

That would cost you $214.
Old 02-19-2015, 5:02 PM

Quote:
I would disagree.

I would disagree:
Since the guest passes are not just for one hour:
6 x $19 x let's say 4 hours = $456
Transfer fees are unlimited (I've already done 4 in the past 4 months) so let's say 6 per year x $35 = $210
Add in the quick cleanings and handgun rental and you are at $721.

Like I've said, it depends on how you use it.
Old 02-20-2015, 9:02 AM

Quote:
I would disagree.

Total cost of 4 bronze membership for the first year would be $1508
Total "value" of benefits for 4 bronze memberships would be $628

Total cost of 1 Bronze group membership for the first year would be $983
Total "value" of benefits for 1 bronze group would be $157

The group beats individual by $54 in overall value. That's not a lot BUT if you think about the overall cost being so much lower, it's a better value.

Assumptions: Guest passes value @ 1 hour of pistol ($17)
Quick Cleaning ($10)
Handgun Rental ($15)
FFL transfer not limited to a single transfer but open to all members for all transfers (clarification from SGC would be appreciated)

Having said that, the "benefits" could be considered more valuable if you intend to spend a lot of time with guests at the range per visit (I am usually in an out in an hour). Then again, there are other ranges you could visit that don't charge by the hour...

BUT, the table flips in year two because the effect of the lower initial fee is spread out. The "cost" of the group membership will always be lower but the "value" of the individual memberships may be higher if you fully exploit the benefits

All this will be null when they raise prices in a couple days. Good thing I am already a member

Quote:
You must submit your application by February 21st to qualify for introductory prices. Introductory prices will expire on February 22nd
Interesting note, this warning is only on the "Individual" pages, maybe the realize they were too good of a deal?

http://sacramentogunclub.com/members...nze-individual

Last edited by Midtown; 02-20-2015 at 10:59 AM..
Old 02-20-2015, 11:41 AM

DontTaseMeBro - When I was in there 3 weeks ago using a guest pass and doing a transfer we were told they were by the hour and the transfer was only good once. They are either changing their policies fast and furious or there is disinformation within the staff.

Quote:
You must submit your application by February 21st to qualify for introductory prices. Introductory prices will expire on February 22nd
Well, hello, that wasn't there before!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
DontTaseMeBro - When I was in there 3 weeks ago using a guest pass and doing a transfer we were told they were by the hour and the transfer was only good once. They are either changing their policies fast and furious or there is disinformation within the staff.

Well, hello, that wasn't there before!
A little bit of disorganization is expected I suppose. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a one and done on the transfer and a single hour on the guest passes. I don't see why it would need to be that way but as with anything it probably depends on who you talk to.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:22 AM

FFL to FFL transfer waivers are now limited to 1 per member per year. This policy was put in place to prevent SGC from being used only as a "transfer station" for firearms.

Guests of members are not limited to range times. They can shoot as long as a member is with them.

I will be on site monitoring CGN. Please ask questions during this time frame.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal
Old 02-22-2015, 11:06 AM

What options will there be for shooting that's more than the standard target shooting? Such as multiple targets, simulation based (IDPA-ish?), competitions, etc?
Old 02-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
What options will there be for shooting that's more than the standard target shooting? Such as multiple targets, simulation based (IDPA-ish?), competitions, etc?
This option is available for our members in the tactical range so long as we have an RSO available. I recommend that you call ahead to speak with the Rangemaster to coordinate a date and time.

We are still developing how we will fully utilize our the tactical range so all feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 02-22-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Old 02-22-2015, 11:20 AM

Have the raffle winners been chosen from yesterday's Grand Opening?
Yesterday was my first visit and it looks like a top notch facility.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Fiend View Post
Have the raffle winners been chosen from yesterday's Grand Opening?
Yesterday was my first visit and it looks like a top notch facility.

Yes, the raffle winners than been chosen. They have been contacted and we are awaiting responses from them.

Please visit our Facebook page for updates.

https://www.facebook.com/sacramentogunclub

Old 02-22-2015, 4:47 PM

Is there anywhere in the rules, waiver, safety video that says no rapid fire or 1 shot/second? I don't recall seeing or hearing that anywhere. Apparently we need a special card for that? That's probably something that should be added/displayed for those of us who may be practicing for a ccw qual. One RSO said 1 shot/second and another came after and said they just need to be controlled. My 3" group of 6 shots was pretty controlled. This may be something that needs to be revisited as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to use SGC for CCW practice. Just some friendly feedback.

Also, two IDs from our group were misplaced into a different lane. (Amber?) Up front does a great job but being that busy mistakes can happen. Maybe add a second check in person. Otherwise, my family and I had a great time today. Keep up the good work. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2015, 5:43 PM

I have the rapid fire and draw from holster cards. All you have to do is show proficiency and they give you a card. Then you just show it to the RSO next time you are there. I keep them in my range bag.
Old 02-22-2015, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Is there anywhere in the rules, waiver, safety video that says no rapid fire or 1 shot/second? I don't recall seeing or hearing that anywhere. Apparently we need a special card for that? That's probably something that should be added/displayed for those of us who may be practicing for a ccw qual. One RSO said 1 shot/second and another came after and said they just need to be controlled. My 3" group of 6 shots was pretty controlled. This may be something that needs to be revisited as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to use SGC for CCW practice. Just some friendly feedback.

Also, two IDs from our group were misplaced into a different lane. (Amber?) Up front does a great job but being that busy mistakes can happen. Maybe add a second check in person. Otherwise, my family and I had a great time today. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Only members may draw or rapid fire. All members regardless of CCW or LE or Military status must be signed off by an instructor. You are qualified on the spot during your visit.

This is was decided because not everyone was trained or qualified the same way and we need to know that you are safe to rapid fire and draw from the holster.

Please contact our instructor or rangemaster if you have further questions. Thanks

Old 02-22-2015, 6:44 PM

Quote:
FFL to FFL transfer waivers are now limited to 1 per member per year. This policy was put in place to prevent SGC from being used only as a "transfer station" for firearms.

Guests of members are not limited to range times. They can shoot as long as a member is with them.

Just down to 1 FFL to FFL transfer?!? This seems excessive as I had looked forward to utilizing this with my silver membership. Why not stagger these in amounts based on membership, similar to what you guys do with the guest passes? i.e. 3/year gold, 6/year for silver, 12/year for VIP.

Also, as of Feb22, are you guys now increasing rates on original members? Or are we grandfathered into the old rates?
Old 02-22-2015, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Only members may draw or rapid fire. All members regardless of CCW or LE or Military status must be signed off by an instructor. You are qualified on the spot during your visit.

This is was decided because not everyone was trained or qualified the same way and we need to know that you are safe to rapid fire and draw from the holster.

Please contact our instructor or rangemaster if you have further questions. Thanks
Thanks for the reply. I am a silver member and need to get ahold of jake for a qualification so I'll get the rapid fire card then. I'm not saying this is a bad or unnecessary rule, just that the first I heard of it was on the range.
Old 02-22-2015, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstrigger View Post
Just down to 1 FFL to FFL transfer?!? This seems excessive as I had looked forward to utilizing this with my silver membership. Why not stagger these in amounts based on membership, similar to what you guys do with the guest passes? i.e. 3/year gold, 6/year for silver, 12/year for VIP.

Also, as of Feb22, are you guys now increasing rates on original members? Or are we grandfathered into the old rates?
I was informed of the change today and am clarifying the confusion. The waived FFL to FFL fees were originally designed for the event where we did not have a firearm in stock and could not order it from our vendors. We allowed our members the ability to locate the firearm elsewhere and ship it to SGC with a waived transfer fee. Unfortunately, the option was abused and SGC was not given the opportunity to assist in locating the firearm. Due to this, management made the decision to limit one per member per year until we can determine a healthy balance.

Please present your suggestion regarding FFL to FFL transfers to management. I will update if the decision changes.

Current members are bound by the rates of their original contracts for the remainder of their terms. Please speak with one of our membership coordinators regarding the options available to you when your 12 months are up.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 02-22-2015 at 7:10 PM..
Old 02-22-2015, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am a silver member and need to get ahold of jake for a qualification so I'll get the rapid fire card then. I'm not saying this is a bad or unnecessary rule, just that the first I heard of it was on the range.
Jake or Kendall can qualify you. There may be other instructors who are able to sign you off in the event that they are not present during your visit. Ask for the Rangemaster in that scenario.

Old 02-22-2015, 7:25 PM

Are you guys set up to take monthly membership fees by credit card yet? I have a rewards card I try to use for everything.
Old 02-22-2015, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTaseMeBro View Post
Are you guys set up to take monthly membership fees by credit card yet? I have a rewards card I try to use for everything.
To my understanding we are, but there is a CC processing fee incurred. Please speak with our Memberships Department the next time that you come in.

Old 02-23-2015, 8:51 AM

Quote:
I was informed of the change today and am clarifying the confusion. The waived FFL to FFL fees were originally designed for the event where we did not have a firearm in stock and could not order it from our vendors. We allowed our members the ability to locate the firearm elsewhere and ship it to SGC with a waived transfer fee.
I didn't see anywhere on the SGC website that the original "design" was to order something that you guys didn't have in stock. In any case, it sucks that the FFL to FFL transfer was abused and has been ruined for everyone. I haven't even had a chance to use it yet and it was one of the perks I was looking forward to when joining. It wasn't something that I had planned to do frequently (can't afford to ), but it's a great perk when you figure most local shops charge anywhere from $30 to $50 for this service.

You mention to take our suggestions to management, but who specifically would that be?
Old 02-23-2015, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstrigger View Post
I didn't see anywhere on the SGC website that the original "design" was to order something that you guys didn't have in stock. In any case, it sucks that the FFL to FFL transfer was abused and has been ruined for everyone. I haven't even had a chance to use it yet and it was one of the perks I was looking forward to when joining. It wasn't something that I had planned to do frequently (can't afford to ), but it's a great perk when you figure most local shops charge anywhere from $30 to $50 for this service.

You mention to take our suggestions to management, but who specifically would that be?

The waived FFL to FFL transfer fees were not officially advertised, to my knowledge. They were offered to members in person whenever the topic came up. I personally have advised several members of this benefit, but have always stated that only if SGC was unable to locate the desired firearm.

It was supposed to be a bonus perk for our members as a "We're sorry we couldn't get you what you wanted, but we'd be glad to help you on the transfer." As you've said, it took only a few to ruin it for the rest of the members.

You'd want to come in and speak to the facility manager in person, but you can find the manager's email through our website in the contact section. Please mention that you are a member and from the Calguns community.

Old 02-23-2015, 9:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

do you guys offer cerakote services or refer to a particular applicator?
Old 02-23-2015, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
Yes we do. We also offer official Magpul colors.

Please see the services link in my signature. You may also contact our gunsmith for specific details.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 02-23-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Old 02-23-2015, 9:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yes we do. We are also offer official Magpul colors.

Please see the services link in my signature. You may also contact our gunsmith for specific details.
awesome, thank you. i will be by later this week for my membership.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Thank you for those updates, it is especially a relief that the guest passes are not time limited. I had a great time shooting for about 2 hours under my membership and realized that I was rushing to get in an out under an hour previously (before I had a membership). It is a nice feature that guests can enjoy the same relaxed atmosphere.

Quote:
The waived FFL to FFL transfer fees were not officially advertised, to my knowledge. They were offered to members in person whenever the topic came up. I personally have advised several members of this benefit, but have always stated that only if SGC was unable to locate the desired firearm.

It was supposed to be a bonus perk for our members as a "We're sorry we couldn't get you what you wanted, but we'd be glad to help you on the transfer." As you've said, it took only a few to ruin it for the rest of the members.

You'd want to come in and speak to the facility manager in person, but you can find the manager's email through our website in the contact section. Please mention that you are a member and from the Calguns community.
Well, the FFL transfer waiver was and is listed as a member benefit on your website. I don't have any problem with limiting it to a few transactions a year, however, it should be clear when signing up that this is the case.

$29/mo
$159 Initial
12 Guest Passes
8 Quick Cleanings
15% Training Discount
1 Free Training Class per Year
10% Ammo & Accessory Discount
2 Free Handgun Rentals per Year
3 Days of Lane Reservations
FFL Transfer Fee Waived
Old 02-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Thanks, Midtown. I've notified the manager about that line. If it was posted on the website, then it should've had quantities updated to reflect current services.

I'm sure that SGC will adapt and change once we get a grasp of the happy medium. Continue to provide feedback to management whenever you visit.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM

Since the deadline for the "introductory rates" has passed, what are the new rates going to be? As of now on the website, I don't see anything that's different.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
The gunsmith Chad did a great job on my old Smith 586. Also it was the cheapest I could find in the area. I am about to drop off another pistol for cerakote later this week.