Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2016, 12:37 AM

Default Local Gunsmith Recommendation? Night Sights...

Hey guys,

My brother and I are going to pick up night sights for our guns soon... we don't have a sight pusher tool. Anyone able/willing to recommend a good gunsmith that will help us install the sights? What's typical cost? Turnaround time? Thanks.

Guns we will be getting night sights for: Glock 19 (gen 3), HK P2000SK, HK VP9
Old 10-29-2016, 7:29 AM
Veteran Member

Check out The Gun Range.
Old 10-29-2016, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapped Hide View Post
Check out The Gun Range.
Is this the one? In North Highlands? 3479 Orange Grove Ave, North Highlands, CA 95660. I will give them a call. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2016, 1:36 PM
CGSSA Leader

That's them.

+1 for The Gun Range
Old 10-30-2016, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjew View Post
Hey guys,

My brother and I are going to pick up night sights for our guns soon... we don't have a sight pusher tool. Anyone able/willing to recommend a good gunsmith that will help us install the sights? What's typical cost? Turnaround time? Thanks.

Guns we will be getting night sights for: Glock 19 (gen 3), HK P2000SK, HK VP9
We can do sight installations for you at our store. Rocklin Armory
916-624-3043
Open Tues-Sat. 10am-6pm , Sun.10am-5pm, Closed Monday.
Old 10-30-2016, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

I recently had my Shield and Kimber done at Shootin Shack in Elk Grove. Both had sets of Mepro Night Sights installed.

I found it notable that my Kimber was done perfectly without a scuff or scratch to be found, as Kimbers have notoriously tight dovetails, and an impaient or incompetent person is bound to screw those up. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocklinArmory View Post
We can do sight installations for you at our store. Rocklin Armory
Thank you for letting me know. Do you guys install for free if we purchase the night sights from you? If not, how much if you don't mind me asking. You can PM me if you prefer. Thank you. Also, I'm looking at Trijicon HD (yellow) for all 3 of these pistols.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
I recently had my Shield and Kimber done at Shootin Shack in Elk Grove. Both had sets of Mepro Night Sights installed.

I found it notable that my Kimber was done perfectly without a scuff or scratch to be found, as Kimbers have notoriously tight dovetails, and an impaient or incompetent person is bound to screw those up. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for chiming in! Did you just go there to get installation or did you also buy the sights from them? How much? Turnaround time? If price if comparable to Rocklin Armory and/or The Gun Range in North Highlands, then I'd probably go there since I reside in Elk Grove.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjew View Post
Thank you for letting me know. Do you guys install for free if we purchase the night sights from you? If not, how much if you don't mind me asking. You can PM me if you prefer. Thank you. Also, I'm looking at Trijicon HD (yellow) for all 3 of these pistols.

Thanks for chiming in! Did you just go there to get installation or did you also buy the sights from them? How much? Turnaround time? If price if comparable to Rocklin Armory and/or The Gun Range in North Highlands, then I'd probably go there since I reside in Elk Grove.
I don't remember how much it cost for the install.....it was cheap though. The price is like half if you pay with cash which I did.
I bought my sights on ebay. Turnaround time was a few days.