Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Default King County, Washington: Gun Safety Action Plan

Now it's not just the City of Seattle passing storage laws, but the entire County...

Gun violence can be reduced, but cities and counties will have to lead

Quote:
...That’s why on Tuesday, I’m introducing three pieces of legislation to ensure King County is doing its part to help stop these tragedies.

We’re calling it the King County Gun Safety Action Plan. In my role as Metropolitan King County Council chair and a member of the King County Board of Health, I’m kicking off this effort by introducing these initiatives that have the potential to save lives.

First, I propose that public safety warning signs be posted at any place of firearm sale or discharge in King County, which will articulate the very real and significant risks to health and life inherent with firearm ownership. These signs will also provide immediate contact information for suicide-prevention and mental-health resources for individuals who might be in crisis. Once passed by the Board of Health, signs will be placed at the entrances and purchase counters of every shooting range and store selling guns in King County.

I also propose a county ordinance requiring firearm owners to securely store their guns at all times — whether at home, in a car or anywhere else...

I’m proposing a wide-ranging analysis of strategies to address community-based violence with youth and young adults playing a central, meaningful role in the development of this report and recommendations. We must be a catalyst for hope and options to the young people who feel like a gun is the only way to protect themselves. This youth-led report will tell us what we can do to create new opportunities or grow them where they already exist.

These three proposals are just the start.

We’ll now also embark on generating a policy to-do list that any resident can contribute to at kingcountycantwait.org. We need your ideas and solutions.

Sadly, this list will be missing many important proposals. Why? Because the state of Washington has a law on the books that specifically prevents local jurisdictions from taking more direct and concrete actions to keep our residents safe.

So it’s our state leaders who have the opportunity to ban assault weapons, raise the firearm purchase age to 21 for semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, require training to obtain a carry permit, and establish a waiting period between the purchase and possession of a firearm...

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 07-24-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Old 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Calguns Addict

That ought to do it !

"LIARS MAKE
THE BEST PROMISES"
Pierce Brown
Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 AM

I'm sure all the meth heads and hamsters are chomping at the not to comply.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:53 AM

More feel good accomplish nothing crap. Is this guy even elected by the people he is regulating?
Old 07-25-2018, 7:35 AM

I feel safer already.
Old 07-25-2018, 9:08 AM

i love the way he uses the word potential with out any objective evidence he can achieve his goals through these methods. It sounds like what i call a Pelosi idea of where "lets pass it and then figure out if it will work but under no circumstances do we rescind it." Imagine living in a county where you have to unlock and load a gun before you can defend yourself assuming you survive the initial attack, and I just love the way he wants to study youth violence without citing any objective evidence he has any to deal with and immediately switches it to only gun related youth violence as if that is the only way they commit violence. The inference being that only guns and youth cause violence, not drugs, alcohol, upbringing, etc. i can't believe he got elected by reasonably minded voters.