Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-27-2018, 9:11 AM

Default Kern County CCW Re-apply

I applied for my CCW, my cause was the transportation of musical equipment, and security at my local church. I was denied my application because I did not get an authorization letter from my church by a specified deadline. Does anyone know if this will prohibit me from re-applying? Should I just leave the church reasoning off a future application if I'm able to re-apply?
Old 08-27-2018, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

WOW, I never heard of anyone getting denied by Kern County.

However most IA do not issue CCW's for "Security work" or any job for that matter. Take that off completely and express in your own words why you need it for Personal Protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 08-27-2018, 9:34 AM
Banned

If you can't get it in Kern, forgetaboutit. Call them and ask them about re-applying. You must have done something really wrong.
Old 08-27-2018, 9:46 AM

I intend to remove the church security portion entirely if Iā€™m allowed to re-apply.
Old 08-27-2018, 12:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Know that they'll be aware of the prior app, so be prepared to talk about what changed, for sure they're gonna ask...I wouldn't simply "take it off" and think that fixes everything. Follow?
Old 08-27-2018, 2:18 PM

Thanks for the input. I was actually able to talk to a sergeant at the Sheriff's office, and he informed me that any reasoning having to do with work or church would need an approval letter.
The Sergeant said that he would cancel my application, refund my fee, and that I can re-apply and should leave off any mention of church.
The Sergeant was very helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 2:28 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Does Kern accept "Self Defense" as GC?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.ā€ -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 08-27-2018, 2:35 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Does Kern accept "Self Defense" as GC?
Yes along with. I camp a lot in the desert far from police protection.
Old 08-27-2018, 9:32 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Yes along with. I camp a lot in the desert far from police protection.
So why would anyone use anything other than Self Defense for GC. Sure, it may be nice to have specifics but if they don't need them, why complicate the process?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.ā€ -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 08-28-2018, 11:11 AM

I'm from Kern county and some of you guys that think a CCW is a "freebie" here are mistaken. Easier than possibly all the rest of the counties is a possibility but just because you live here don't think DY gives them out freely. OP if you need help PM me and I'll get you to someone who can help you out if you need it.
Old 08-29-2018, 1:27 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Papa View Post
I'm from Kern county and some of you guys that think a CCW is a "freebie" here are mistaken. Easier than possibly all the rest of the counties is a possibility but just because you live here don't think DY gives them out freely. OP if you need help PM me and I'll get you to someone who can help you out if you need it.
I don't think anyone believes they "give them away". One still has to pass the background check, the morals requirement and the training. Good Cause is always the hurtle in Ca as a whole so if an IA accepts "Self Defense" as sufficient good cause (or some variant of that, i.e. "personal protection etc.) then making the process more difficult with other reason seems a bit silly to me.