Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-10-2011, 3:18 AM
Calguns Addict

IMO the guns in BC2 look nothing like the real thing. the saiga shotgun looks nothing like it does in real life.
Old 01-10-2011, 7:42 AM
Calguns Addict

I still laugh at the fact that all the different types of guns are pretty much weak sauce until you get to the higher levels equals better weapons crap. The franchise doesnt care to pay attention to detail as they are only worried about the bottom line. I stopped playing COD all together when I ran around killing people left and right with the knife attack. I could hose someone down with a hail of bullets and eventually kill them or one knife attack from supernatural distances with one move. And dont even get me started on that sorry &ss auto aim bull crap.The thing that irritates me the most besides how weak every weapon is compaired to a knife is the fact that you can get cought up on any piece of map detail even if its only for a brief moment. There are so many aspects to the game that are wrong or simply ignored it took the fun out of playing. The only game I hold on to from the COD franchise is COD WAW every other COD game is long gone.

In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member

I taught Black Ops was based in modern day not Vietnam

-bb

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759

Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale
Old 01-10-2011, 5:14 PM

Bad Company 2 Is wicked!

I like MOH as well, the graphics are awesome the maps where a little small, but BFBC2... Choppers.... Is all I have to say... Now with the vietnam expansion... <3

I have COD Black ops... and Ive played it about 4 hours tops online... Sloppy/Lazy Console to PC port, and frankly they left in one of the most annoying features... PRONE... sure its great to get a little accuracy, or hide, whatever, but when some noob with a rocket launcher or 203 comes around a corner, JUMPS, then Lays flat out in the air, lands in the prone position, and then you go flying because of an RPG or 203 round at POINT BLANK RANGE... thats stupid...

“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.” -Unknown

"Remember that it’s far easier to keep the dogs of war at bay, when they’re not barking in your own backyard." -Unknown
Old 01-10-2011, 6:10 PM

Remember how good COD 2 was? That was an awesome game. No kill streaks and RC car bonuses. Just cool WW2 guns and a quick trigger finger!
Old 01-11-2011, 3:02 PM

Infinity Ward "Call of Duty" games: Great.
Treyarch "Call of Duty" games: Crap.

'nuff said.
Old 01-11-2011, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettoPhilosopher View Post
Infinity Ward "Call of Duty" games: Great.
Treyarch "Call of Duty" games: Crap.

'nuff said.

Except for MW2 being IW and W@W being Treyarch. I'd say W@W was the last good MW game and MW2 was clearly the beginning of the end.

Oh well. At least I have Battlefield Bad Co 2 and Red Orchestra 2 Stalingrad is looking like it could be pretty cool.
Old 01-11-2011, 4:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelBender View Post
Bad Company 2 Is wicked!
The gameplay of Bad Company 2 is indeed wicked. I like the singleplayer campaign, and I like the multiplayer even more.

It detracts slightly from the gameplay, however, that guns which fire the same cartridge display wildly different ballistics.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM

Oh, and why the heck is the G36c always so powerful in video games? It's got a 9 inch barrel, and assuming you're shooting 77gr it would only have an effective frag range of like 20 yards.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Black ops is definitely a step backwards. I would much rather play mw2. The problem is ALL of my friends and 3 of my brothers have black ops. So I am forced to play an inferior game. I don't mind because I still completely destroy every game I am put in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah02 View Post
The only problem with that statement is Black Ops set a new record in breaking the 1 Billion dollar mark.
The developer's explanation for having weapons featured in the game prior to their actual release date was the SOF community regularly gets a hold of expiramental weapons before they are manufactured on a large scale.
I got 3 black ops at 12:08am when they came out 1 for me and 2 for my roommates (brother, and best friend) took them home played them was depressed took 2 back the same day around 4pm to get a copy of MW2 for my roommate ( he did not have a copy he got his PS3 for black ops) it sold because of the fact that most people thought it was going to be a upgraded MW2 not an upgraded WAW

P.S. hackers SUCK
Old 01-19-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknownot View Post
Except for MW2 being IW and W@W being Treyarch. I'd say W@W was the last good MW game and MW2 was clearly the beginning of the end.

Oh well. At least I have Battlefield Bad Co 2 and Red Orchestra 2 Stalingrad is looking like it could be pretty cool.
for campaign mode w@w was better for MP mode MW2 all the way