Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 PM

Default Armed Guard Card training?

Anyone here know about how to obtain an armed guard card and recommendations on training facilities?

A friend and I are interested in doing some part time work and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Thanks

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ---George Orwell on a BBC broadcast, April 4, 1942

"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." ---Wyatt Earp
Old 06-26-2012, 7:44 AM

First you need a CA. Guard Card (8hours) then attend a 16 hour Exposed Weapons Permit course. Training must be conducted through a BSIS licensed facility (TFF) by a licensed (TIF) instructor.
Locations of facilities in your area are available at the DCA/BSIS (Dept. of Consumer Affairs/Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) website.
Contact a PPO (Private Patrol Operator) read: Security company and ask if they have a suggestion or approved trainer.
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:36 AM

Default I can help you get an exposed firearms permit...

MossbergMan pretty much summed it all up. My buddies and I do licensed guard card, chemical agents permits, baton and exposed firearms permit training on the side... kinda my weekend gig/hobby and I love to do it when I get a chance. Send me a private message and I'll hook you guys up with the CALGUNS members discount of 50% off what my training center charges but that's only you can get to me (OC/LA area). If you can't meet up with me you can also call any local range and ask who does security firearms training and they'll direct in the right direction or let me know what area you're in and I'll give you a list of licensed guys. There are a lot of great training facilities and great instructors all over California just make sure they are licensed by the BSIS (Bureau of Security and Investigative Services) The course is always the same and you can download the training manual used during training here: http://www.nsetc.com/training/securi...ted_forms.html the manual will also give you the low down on exposed permits. Best of luck on your endeavors and if I can help with any questions you have hit me up.