Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

Default Outreach on Prop 19, reaching left.

A lot of hard work and quite frankly some "good luck" saved us from more bad gun bills.

We may not be so lucky next legislative session. It is true that we have the A Legal Team, but you win wars when you pick the battles and I would rather see the "Special Forces" on offense.

I know that we have a split on this board regarding "Pot" and many of you view this as the "Demon Weed".

The purpose of this post is not to discuss the pros and cons of Prop 19, most of us have already made up our minds one way or the other.

I got an e mail from the Prop 19 coordinator that they are looking for people to be regional coordinators. The job will require about 12 hours per week thru November.

Of course not everyone has to be a "regional or county coordinator".

This is an opportunity for us to fill the leadership of Prop 19 with pro gunners.

As prop 19 gains traction, people are going to volunteer to help it. This gives us an opportunity to get to know people, break down barriers.

For every Left winger we convert to our side, we probably pick up 2 to 3 people in the political center, the fence sitters.

Right now we are at the wrong end of public opinion. Every point we shift public opinion our way reduces how many battles on gun control bills we have to fight.

If we don't build alliances on the Left, we will be in deep trouble.

Assuming that Jerry Brown wins in November, we have to give him political cover from the left so that he can protect us.

It will be difficult for Jerry to be "openly pro gun".

If Prop 19 passes, it will mean a "Commerce Clause", 9th and 10th amendment challenges to Federal Authority. It means the Left now has a stake in things like "Made in Montana" guns.

I view Prop 19 indirectly as a "Pro Gun Initiative" because indirectly it is going to help us in many ways.

Calguns does an outstanding job of outreach at gun shows, but if we are going to secure our gun rights, we have to step out of the church.

I will be going to San Francisco this weekend to see John Dennis and Ron Paul, great event this Sat, should be a blast.

Close to half of gun related crimes are a side effect of the drug prohibition.

If you feel as I do that ending the drug prohibiton will significantly reduce gun violence, then you MUST step off the sidelines and get involved.

All of our rights are interdependent, our 2nd amendment rights are not secure if the rest of the bill of rights is shredded.

Please send me PM's with what part of California you are located in, how much you can get involved and if you have contacts.

I am especially looking for "Ron Paul" people.

Nicki
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

Is ths an actual job with pay? I might be interested either way.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Can you post some information about exactly what will be required for the position?
Old 09-01-2010, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Default Details

I will be going next week to Oakland to sit down and talk with the Prop 19 people. Once there, I can get details.

One serious issue I see with grassroots campaigning is money issues. The bottom line is it takes both time and money.

I will also see what types of funds or see if some kind of commissions can be created for fund raising events.

The reality is this will lead to lower consumer prices, so anyone who has a MJ card should be getting involved.

If we stay on point, the long term benefits for our gun rights could be substantial.

Nicki
Old 09-01-2010, 1:21 PM
Calguns Addict

I will give you a vote and tell anyone I know that legalized marijuana will help end the drug war and Mexican drug cartels along with generating new tax revenues for the state.

Beyond that I won't help.

We don't want calguns to ever be seen as a bunch of pot heads with guns.

I'm all for personal liberty and that's the main reason why prop 19 will get my vote but even if that wasn't the issue, the pro's of legalization far outweigh the con's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.
Old 09-01-2010, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
I will give you a vote and tell anyone I know that legalized marijuana will help end the drug war and Mexican drug cartels along with generating new tax revenues for the state.

Beyond that I won't help.

We don't want calguns to ever be seen as a bunch of pot heads with guns.

I'm all for personal liberty and that's the main reason why prop 19 will get my vote but even if that wasn't the issue, the pro's of legalization far outweigh the con's.
+1
Pixs and family
Old 09-01-2010, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
I will be going to San Francisco this weekend to see John Dennis and Ron Paul, great event this Sat, should be a blast.
I am going as well

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 09-01-2010, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

I have to say that mixing guns and drugs is a really really bad idea. I agree that the war on drugs is wrongheaded but I don't think that closely associating our movement with theirs will do either of them any good.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 09-01-2010, 5:29 PM

Quote:
A lot of hard work and quite frankly some "good luck" saved us from more bad gun bills.

We may not be so lucky next legislative session. It is true that we have the A Legal Team, but you win wars when you pick the battles and I would rather see the "Special Forces" on offense.

I know that we have a split on this board regarding "Pot" and many of you view this as the "Demon Weed".

The purpose of this post is not to discuss the pros and cons of Prop 19, most of us have already made up our minds one way or the other.

I got an e mail from the Prop 19 coordinator that they are looking for people to be regional coordinators. The job will require about 12 hours per week thru November.

Of course not everyone has to be a "regional or county coordinator".

This is an opportunity for us to fill the leadership of Prop 19 with pro gunners.

As prop 19 gains traction, people are going to volunteer to help it. This gives us an opportunity to get to know people, break down barriers.

For every Left winger we convert to our side, we probably pick up 2 to 3 people in the political center, the fence sitters.

Right now we are at the wrong end of public opinion. Every point we shift public opinion our way reduces how many battles on gun control bills we have to fight.

If we don't build alliances on the Left, we will be in deep trouble.

Assuming that Jerry Brown wins in November, we have to give him political cover from the left so that he can protect us.

It will be difficult for Jerry to be "openly pro gun".

If Prop 19 passes, it will mean a "Commerce Clause", 9th and 10th amendment challenges to Federal Authority. It means the Left now has a stake in things like "Made in Montana" guns.

I view Prop 19 indirectly as a "Pro Gun Initiative" because indirectly it is going to help us in many ways.

Calguns does an outstanding job of outreach at gun shows, but if we are going to secure our gun rights, we have to step out of the church.

Close to half of gun related crimes are a side effect of the drug prohibition.

If you feel as I do that ending the drug prohibiton will significantly reduce gun violence, then you MUST step off the sidelines and get involved.

All of our rights are interdependent, our 2nd amendment rights are not secure if the rest of the bill of rights is shredded.

Please send me PM's with what part of California you are located in, how much you can get involved and if you have contacts.

I am especially looking for "Ron Paul" people.

Nicki

I honestly don't believe that we are on the wrong end of public opinion. many people that were previously anti gun are shifting there ways to pro gun for the simple fact that they are now seeing many law enforcement agencies being cut back, and in some cases disbanded all together. The people that are switching, and becoming pro gun believe there security blanket has been removed(leo's), and they now need guns to protect themselves. Although many of us know they are there to gather facts, and solve crimes, if they can even do that. Simply put, the law can not, and will not protect you, it is impossible for them to do so even when staffed properly.

Secondly alliance building on the left gives you politicians like John McCain, he is not a conservative, look at all the bad legislation he has voted for and sponsored. Reaching across the aisle is what the left wants, and they will do none of that for us. That is merely giving away the store and making nice with someone who is nothing more then a taker.

Thirdly proper 19 is no "pro gun initiative". it has nothing at all to do with guns what so ever. So please don't sell it as being like that, it is actually very laughable that you would even try and put the two together. I understand you are trying to build a consensus on the issue, but you can't make a correlation of two issues that are not connected in any such way what so ever. Save some face for yourself in the future by not trying to make the dissimilar issues one, people see through that sort of thing.

Lastly, all that being said. I hope 19 does pass. I am tired of the law arresting people for smoking a little herb. No, I do not smoke, and never will. I just believe in personal freedoms, and if that is what you want then go for it. We need to take a big load off of our judicial system, it is sorely overloaded, and if this passes it will surely help to reduce the load.
Old 09-01-2010, 5:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Guns became evil during the alcohol and drug wars. I visited Amsterdam in 1986 and the xxx areas have cafe type places to sit down and do whatever it is your going to do.

I don't like pot myself but I just don't see why we are spending tax dollars on busting pot dealers.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 09-01-2010, 6:27 PM

I will be promoting gunnies to stay as far away from drugs and humanly possible. Nothing good can come out of pot and drugs in the same sentence. NOTHING in caps in case you missed it the first time. This is UOC on steroids. Please stand down and let up pick the low hanging fruit first. If CGF gets involved they have seen my last donated dollar.
Old 09-01-2010, 6:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombmaster View Post
I will be promoting gunnies to stay as far away from drugs and humanly possible. Nothing good can come out of pot and drugs in the same sentence. NOTHING in caps in case you missed it the first time. This is UOC on steroids. Please stand down and let up pick the low hanging fruit first. If CGF gets involved they have seen my last donated dollar.
I'd like to add that what I said above is my opinion and has nothing to do with CGF.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 09-01-2010, 8:00 PM

Quote:

still doesn't belong in the 2A section
Gun Facts PDF
Old 09-01-2010, 8:13 PM
Banned

While I have nothing against the legalization movement, I find it annoying that they continually want to latch onto gun rights groups. The last thing we need right now is to add a pro-drug or "pothead" stigma.
Old 09-01-2010, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRag View Post
Secondly alliance building on the left gives you politicians like John McCain, he is not a conservative, look at all the bad legislation he has voted for and sponsored. Reaching across the aisle is what the left wants, and they will do none of that for us. That is merely giving away the store and making nice with someone who is nothing more then a taker.
You realize a lot of people using this board are "on the left." I personally think both sides are worthless. This is a pro 2nd forum, not a pro republican. Single issue.

And this is what you call infiltrating. It's what people do when they want to grow their numbers. Unless I read it very wrong, she didn't say hey CGN put YES ON PROP 19 on your booths. She asked if any of us wanted to help INDIVIDUALLY. I don't know what San Fran hippies would do with themselves if they were mixed up with pro-gunners while supporting this. Probably shatter their view on life forcing them to think out of their bike ride distance bubble. I think this is a great idea, help sprout more pro-gunners in all classes. Unless of course all of you are going to go anti because you see a hippie support it.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 PM

I clicked on this thread earlier today and have been thinking about it ever since...

Can a Pro-Gun supporter (viewed by some as an evil force of doom and damnation) support Pro-MJ activists (viewed by some as shoeless, dirty, jobless hippies) and not come out looking like an “Evil force of shoeless, dirty, jobless hippies bringing upon doom and damnation”?

My wife was twenty-five was she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Along the road of chemotherapy and fourteen separate surgeries, my wife’s doctor prescribed her with medical MJ to help her with the usual suspects associated with treatment. After which she stopped using the MMJ. My wife is Pro-Gun to the teeth, now does that brand her with the stigma of a gun-toting “POTHEAD” as I read in other posts? Do you think that most Liberals or Dems would really agree with that label? I guess it could go either way.

I am Pro-Gun and, I am all for Prop 19. Do I think Calguns should blindly join the cause? Definitely, no. I do feel like Pro-Gunners would benefit from supporting legalization by simply stating “why” they support it. Less crime by the drug cartels, less opportunity for corrupt foreign officials to blame Americans for assault weapons in their countries, more money for the state etc, etc, etc.

Seems like the ones who normally look for any excuse to label a gun owner as a [insert derogatory term here] are the same ones the Pro-Gunners would be helping. I know I cannot possibly predict the outcome of openly supporting something as controversial as this proposition. Hell, I’m still not 100% sold about mixing gun activists with marijuana activists, but I am sold on really looking into other ways to gain support for gun rights, especially when it’s from a group often referred to as the “opposition”.
Old 09-02-2010, 6:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
I have to say that mixing guns and drugs or alcohol is a really really bad idea. I agree that the war on drugs is wrongheaded but I don't think that closely associating our movement with theirs will do either of them any good.

Fixed what I see as an omission, and I agree...

Legalize it and tax it.... (But I feel the same way about prostitution)