Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM

That above statement came from Sacramento PD. hopefully Sacramento County is different or Sac PD is wrong. I wish you luck and hope you get it! :-)
I have heard that you can go threw the process but can't be issues until your 21 but I can't figure out how that could be.
Looking forward to finding out!
http://www.sacpd.org/faq/permits/con...index.aspx#q04
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 PM

Sac PD says 21 but I can't find the age requirement anywhere on the sheriffs site

I hope I get it.
Old 03-09-2013, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunTraders Wife View Post
What "rules" are they not playing by? Just curious :-)

There was a settlement to a lawsuit. You may have heard about it...

Semper Fi!

Old 03-09-2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Considering the staggering number of applications there processing, absolutely. I'm guessing you don't know the numbers they are pushing threw nor the numbers on the contact list waiting.
There email notification is notifying people in order of sign ups. The last one was #1-500. Your going to be higher on the number list if you signed up in December. There are thousands of applicants waiting along with you.
They also add extra days when they can. Keep checking and maybe try not to be so hard on them. They are working there butts off to process applications with what they have available. :-)
I call BS on this. Have you seen anything (factually) to back up your supposition?

It is my belief that SSD is willfully delaying letting people sign up, thus not complying with the settlement agreement.

Semper Fi!

Old 03-09-2013, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
There was a settlement to a lawsuit. You may have heard about it...
Yes I did
Old 03-09-2013, 6:11 PM

Quote:
I call BS on this. Have you seen anything (factually) to back up your supposition?

It is my belief that SSD is willfully delaying letting people sign up, thus not complying with the settlement agreement.
Have you seen anything (other than your opinion) that isn't? I have been monitoring this pretty closely for some time now. I have witnessed the numbers going in and out of SSD every time were there along with applicants taking CCW classes as well as speaking with quite a few going threw it via another forum. I have personally got 3 other people going threw it as we speak (they got apts threw the last email notification) and we completed ours recently. We bumped our apts to one of the added special days (that they do to stop people from getting threw I would guess). They added over 107 people that 1 Saturday.
So you can call BS on this and I have a feeling there is no reasoning with you. It's a shame. Maybe your answers will come if you turn SSD in. I doubt you would even believe then.
Good luck to you.
Old 03-09-2013, 6:32 PM

I have not heard of the lawsuit anyone care to inform me of it?
Old 03-09-2013, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbasham View Post
I have not heard of the lawsuit anyone care to inform me of it?
Your answer is here: Calguns Foundation and Carry in California
Old 03-09-2013, 9:17 PM

Quote:
I finally got in and had my first appointment on March 6. The waiting is what is the hard part. As I was in the waiting room , I heard about 5-6 people get called into the room for their interview and none of them had shown up. Someone in the waiting room made a comment that anti gunners are creating appointment to stop others. I'm glad I got mine it was at 215 got interviewed around 250. Then had to wait another half hour to get downstairs.

I really hope I get it. A little back around of me. I'm 20, never been introuble with the law. For the people that will reply to this post saying you have to be 21, I have looked it up the in penal codes and also asked 2 people at SacSheriff and they said 18+

Wish me luck!
can people show up take ppl spots that dont show up?
Quote:
That above statement came from Sacramento PD. hopefully Sacramento County is different or Sac PD is wrong. I wish you luck and hope you get it! :-)
I have heard that you can go threw the process but can't be issues until your 21 but I can't figure out how that could be.
Looking forward to finding out!
http://www.sacpd.org/faq/permits/con...index.aspx#q04
i tried sac pd. Phone number just goes to an operator. Then they made me call guns and gangs for ccw info. Of course they are in the field and dont pick up. Nor do they call back. sac pd's ccw program is a freaking joke.
Old 03-09-2013, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlee View Post
can people show up take ppl spots that dont show up?

i tried sac pd. Phone number just goes to an operator. Then they made me call guns and gangs for ccw info. Of course they are in the field and dont pick up. Nor do they call back. sac pd's ccw program is a freaking joke.
From previous threads long long ago, it was my understanding that the Police Chiefs of the Incorporated Cities of Sacramento County (Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, etc) made a agreement that the County would issue LTCs to the non prohibited general public. The City PDs appear to be able to issue LEO permits to members within their jurisdiction (think reserve officers of the PD).

Edit:

In regards to your question on showing up to same day canceled appointments, I believe SSD prefers to pull your DMV record and any record available about you and reviews as necessary, sometimes giving you a heads up to not show up or something. I recall a few posts ago a person had a DUI and was asked to come again when it was 7 full years from the date of the offense; this was done before they needed to pay the $20 fee and to avoid the rejection letter which would have to be recorded as a denial.

Last edited by SouperMan; 03-09-2013 at 9:40 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMan View Post
From previous threads long long ago, it was my understanding that the Police Chiefs of the Incorporated Cities of Sacramento County (Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, etc) made a agreement that the County would issue LTCs to the non prohibited general public. The City PDs appear to be able to issue LEO permits to members within their jurisdiction (think reserve officers of the PD).

Edit:

In regards to your question on showing up to same day canceled appointments, I believe SSD prefers to pull your DMV record and any record available about you and reviews as necessary, sometimes giving you a heads up to not show up or something. I recall a few posts ago a person had a DUI and was asked to come again when it was 7 full years from the date of the offense; this was done before they needed to pay the $20 fee and to avoid the rejection letter which would have to be recorded as a denial.
You are correct. They require an apt to get threw the doors (past check in). If not they would be bombarded with people sitting in the waiting room. they were very clear about it when we asked for a family member who needed an apt.
As far as people not showing up I know that there was a discussion about this at our interview and most of the people they called that "weren't there" were actually there early and had already been threw or were in being interviewed at that time. They don't keep very good track with each other as to who has been interviewed and who hasn't. Some people were called several times while we were there.
Not saying anti's aren't booking fake apts but you must provide your DL# and information and its usually a bit of work to get an apt. Personally I'm not buying it. (That's completely my own opinion) I have seen nothing (proof) that shows otherwise. :-)
Old 03-10-2013, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Have you seen anything (other than your opinion) that isn't? I have been monitoring this pretty closely for some time now. I have witnessed the numbers going in and out of SSD every time were there along with applicants taking CCW classes as well as speaking with quite a few going threw it via another forum. I have personally got 3 other people going threw it as we speak (they got apts threw the last email notification) and we completed ours recently. We bumped our apts to one of the added special days (that they do to stop people from getting threw I would guess). They added over 107 people that 1 Saturday.
So you can call BS on this and I have a feeling there is no reasoning with you. It's a shame. Maybe your answers will come if you turn SSD in. I doubt you would even believe then.
Good luck to you.
I'm not sure I even know what you're talking about, with all the grammar mistakes you made.

I don't need luck dear, I've already had mine for a while.

Semper Fi!

Old 03-10-2013, 9:45 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure I even know what you're talking about, with all the grammar mistakes you made.

I don't need luck dear, I've already had mine for a while.
So you just try and rile people up. After reading more of your other posts I get now what kind of person I have been speaking to.
You attack grammar as a way to prove what "dear"? That has nothing to do with SSD or CCW's which is what this thread is about.
I will move on from this and try and help good people threw this process. You might try and do the same instead of trying to start trouble.
Old 03-10-2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
So you just try and rile people up. After reading more of your other posts I get now what kind of person I have been speaking to.
You attack grammar as a way to prove what "dear"? That has nothing to do with SSD or CCW's which is what this thread is about.
I will move on from this and try and help good people threw this process. You might try and do the same instead of trying to start trouble.

You through me for a loop! You have know idea what kind of person you've been speaking too.

Knock yourself out dear.

Semper Fi!

Old 03-11-2013, 5:36 PM

Sorry if this is duplicated some where else I did a search and didnt find anything. Hopefully someone can answer this.

I have been approved by Sac Co, did my live scan and am now waiting for my class on the 23rd with Wes at Sac Valley.

I called the live scan status number and they have said that both the FBI and DOJ results came back and were submitted to the agency electronically. Do I need to wait for confirmation from the SO that they received the results before I schedule my issuance appointment?

I have heard that the SO has to receive the hard copy documents before allowing the issuance appointment.
Old 03-11-2013, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLEONARD13 View Post
Sorry if this is duplicated some where else I did a search and didnt find anything. Hopefully someone can answer this.

I have been approved by Sac Co, did my live scan and am now waiting for my class on the 23rd with Wes at Sac Valley.

I called the live scan status number and they have said that both the FBI and DOJ results came back and were submitted to the agency electronically. Do I need to wait for confirmation from the SO that they received the results before I schedule my issuance appointment?

I have heard that the SO has to receive the hard copy documents before allowing the issuance appointment.
Yes. It takes a while to get the hard copy to SSD then the letter to you. It took 41 days for us. The apts for issuance are usually two weeks or so out unless your lucky enough to catch a cancelation (haven't heard of that happening). Because of the variation in times of getting the hard copy and letter they tell you to wait.
Hope this helps :-) almost there! It will fly by now!! :-)
Old 03-11-2013, 8:56 PM

When I was in for my appointment, I talked to two guys the first one filled in information on my application. The second guy was entering that information into his laptop. At the end of talking to the second guy he said, "we'll send you an email then follow the instructions." Are they alerting people if they are approved or denied by email, or is it still a USPS letter?
Old 03-11-2013, 9:14 PM

Quote:
When I was in for my appointment, I talked to two guys the first one filled in information on my application. The second guy was entering that information into his laptop. At the end of talking to the second guy he said, "we'll send you an email then follow the instructions." Are they alerting people if they are approved or denied by email, or is it still a USPS letter?
Did they give you a choice? They have been. You have the choice of either one. Did you fill out an envelope? if they were mailing you the letter they have you fill one out for them while your waiting for your interview. Maybe they assumed you wanted email (supposed to be faster when there not having problems with it)?
Old 03-11-2013, 9:22 PM

They never directed me to fill out an envelope. They never asked me if I wanted email or letter.

It's only been 3 days so I'm sure they are still reviewing all the applications.
Old 03-11-2013, 9:45 PM

They get together every few weeks to review applications and decide fate ;-). It will be a while. Very rare under a month. Only heard of a couple people on here. Ours were 45 days but they had email errors (long story) so we could have actually had it sooner. Lost around 10 Days.
Maybe because of the large volume they are processing they are just doing email? I'm not sure. After 30 days goes by I would suggest contacting Amber and just touch base with her. She found our errors when we didn't get notified. Took care of it and mailed our letters. We were supposed to be email.
They have made a lot of improvements to there systems and website so hopefully you will be good :-) we were in the midst of all the website/email crashes and upgrades.
Old 03-13-2013, 9:38 AM

So I went to my initial interview today, don't really know if I'm going to get my ccw after detailing the truth about my juvenile record it was pretty colorful but hopefully they look past all that since I have not got in trouble since I was a minor the officer told me that he seen worst juvenile records before and still got there ccw. I'm not sure I will get my ccw hopefully I do but fingers are crossed as the wait begins.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM

Initial interview done.
Initial approval received.
Livescan done.
16 hours of training done.
Certificate of completion and sheriffs training certification forwarded to sheriffs office.
Waiting waiting waiting ....

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdarrin@sbcglobal.net View Post
Initial interview done.
Initial approval received.
Livescan done.
16 hours of training done.
Certificate of completion and sheriffs training certification forwarded to sheriffs office.
Waiting waiting waiting ....
If you got the livescan approval, and have completed the training, you want to make your second appointment for issuance - you take the training certification with you to that appointment.
Old 03-18-2013, 1:59 PM

To those who have appointments already, please use snail mail for your notifications from SSD! I went with email and I was waiting for over 30 days and found out they had a glitch and my approval was lost in cyberspace. Don't get stuck in limbo like I was, use the snail mail and good luck to you all.
Old 03-18-2013, 2:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up! This is the 2nd round of email notification errors we have heard of (us having been involved in the 1st). We have a couple people ready for there 1st interview very soon. Will be sure to have them do snail mail. Thanks again. We lost 15 days when our errors occurred. Others a lot more time.
Old 03-18-2013, 2:50 PM

Well I emailed amber on how will they notify me about approval or denied. She just emailed me back and said they will email me if approved but send a letter if I get denied, my question is they did not ask for my email at the interveiw so how would they email me if I did get approved?
Old 03-18-2013, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikearfifteen83 View Post
Well I emailed amber on how will they notify me about approval or denied. She just emailed me back and said they will email me if approved but send a letter if I get denied, my question is they did not ask for my email at the interveiw so how would they email me if I did get approved?
wasn't it on your app?
Old 03-18-2013, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Don't they have your email when you made your apt?
Old 03-18-2013, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Don't they have your email when you made your apt?
Yeah your correct they did I did not think of that just did not remember writing it on the application that's all thanks lol
Old 03-18-2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah your correct they did I did not think of that just did not remember writing it on the application that's all thanks lol
Lol! No biggy! I thought maybe there was a way to get an apt I didn't know about ;-)
Old 03-18-2013, 9:41 PM

Got my clearance from DOJ today. Tried to make my final appointment and their site said my DL# was not on file.

ARG!!!

Hopefully the email I sent to Amber will get that issue sorted out.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
Edward Everett Hale
Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:

If you applied back in December, then just sat around waiting to be called, you are missing out. I started in December, kept checking the website every day, one day I checked and new appts had been added. I now have an initial appt on May 1. You can keep waiting for them to finally get around to you, or you can get off your soapbox and help yourself. Don't forget the Sac Sheriff Dept has laid off almost 25% percent of their force since 2007, lots less people around to do more and more every year.

Quote:
An armed society is a polite society. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free. A. E. van Vogt. (The Weapon Shops of Isher)
Quote:
...all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by... John Masefield
Know our enemy - Leftist Progressives are fascists and traitors to America and deserve lifetime exile at the least.
Old 03-20-2013, 7:48 PM

I have never been arrested or convicted of anything, I keep hearing that I will need a letter from congress to get approved. Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-20-2013, 7:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai58 View Post
If you applied back in December, then just sat around waiting to be called, you are missing out. I started in December, kept checking the website every day, one day I checked and new appts had been added. I now have an initial appt on May 1. You can keep waiting for them to finally get around to you, or you can get off your soapbox and help yourself. Don't forget the Sac Sheriff Dept has laid off almost 25% percent of their force since 2007, lots less people around to do more and more every year.
What an unmitigated load of horsesh*t.

The Sheriff (unlawfully and unmolested by CGF) has added a step to the issuance process. He is required to accept and process applications but if you go to his web site you most likely will get a message saying they are not accepting aps. Telling some poor schlub to happily play "appointment lottery" when he should simply be able to turn in his ap and have it lawfully processed is not helpful.

BTW - his guys are completing about 1 ap, per person assigned, per day. Please don't make us LOL by suggesting this is anything but the Sheriff hoping people will just lose hope and go away.
Old 03-20-2013, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedabizness View Post
What an unmitigated load of horsesh*t.

The Sheriff (unlawfully and unmolested by CGF) has added a step to the issuance process. He is required to accept and process applications but if you go to his web site you most likely will get a message saying they are not accepting aps. Telling some poor schlub to happily play "appointment lottery" when he should simply be able to turn in his ap and have it lawfully processed is not helpful.

BTW - his guys are completing about 1 ap, per person assigned, per day. Please don't make us LOL by suggesting this is anything but the Sheriff hoping people will just lose hope and go away.
Are you going threw the process currently?
Old 03-20-2013, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai58 View Post
so you won the lottery and now im lazy? I have checked several times a day EVERYDAY since December. My freaking home page is the sheriffs website!

you got yours, so everything is ok huh?
Old 03-20-2013, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdroidian View Post
I have never been arrested or convicted of anything, I keep hearing that I will need a letter from congress to get approved. Is this true?

You in the correct county? This thread is about Sacramento County and unlike certain counties you do not need a letter of reference, let alone a letter from congress.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMan View Post
You in the correct county? This thread is about Sacramento County and unlike certain counties you do not need a letter of reference, let alone a letter from congress.
That was a bit of sarcasm lol

Old 03-22-2013, 7:14 AM

I have yet to recieve a denial letter by snail mail, or an approval email. I'm hoping I didn't use an email that I don't use anymore.

Should I call or email to see what's up?
Old 03-22-2013, 1:32 PM

Quote:
I have yet to recieve a denial letter by snail mail, or an approval email. I'm hoping I didn't use an email that I don't use anymore.

Should I call or email to see what's up?
Just wait about 45 days then email amber if you dont receive the letter. It took me over 30 days to get my denial.