Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-02-2013, 8:59 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Gunbroker usually works well if you are not trying to jump on the douchebag bandwagon and sell PMAGs for $75/each.

Last edited by Gryff; 01-02-2013 at 9:02 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM
In Memoriam

I recently bought some parts on a buy it now, and already paid for the items. eBay cancelled the sale, and said they refunded my money, but it hasnt posted yet. Seller said he still has the item and will honor the sale, but now I can't get in touch with him, or my money.

***Update: seller sold the item to someone else, then offered me a different kit for $50 more. It took eBay/PayPal four days to get my money back. I hope he burns in H......

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified Instructor

Last edited by Ron-Solo; 01-04-2013 at 9:10 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

I have had "great sucsess" with gunsamerica

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyCakes View Post
So in an interesting twist of fate, I decided to repost it on eBay with a Buy Now price of $650 for the Surefire 60 and 14 USGI mags. Ridiculous, I know but theres a guy on there right now selling 10 Pmags for over a thousand dollars. To my surprise someone bought it within minutes. Then while I'm working out the shipping details and checking my Paypal I get another email from eBay saying the listing has been removed. I sent him a message on eBay and via email. No response yet. The money is still in my Paypal acct but I don't expect it will stay there since eBay has cancelled the transaction. Now I'm confused. Hopefully he responds and we can do this without eBay.
What a day... First time selling on eBay, too.
You need to reply to him through Paypal if he already paid you. He won't be able to reply through ebay now. I had this happen a few times, but they didn't reverse any paid transactions. The buyer is probably nervous if he already paid so you better contact him ASAP.
Old 01-03-2013, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachs300zx View Post
You need to reply to him through Paypal if he already paid you. He won't be able to reply through ebay now. I had this happen a few times, but they didn't reverse any paid transactions. The buyer is probably nervous if he already paid so you better contact him ASAP.
I did contact him through Paypal. No response yet. I'd be sweating in my chair if I were him but he still hasn't responded. I'm worried that the funds will get pulled right after I ship the box so I want to wait until he and I get a chance to speak.
Old 01-04-2013, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

I had this happen the other day - listed a rebuild kit, sold it for a good price, he paid, got email from eBay saying it was cancelled. Sent him email saying I'd ship in a few days after I was sure they weren't going to reverse the PayPal, and did. No reversal so far and it's been over a week. eBay did refund my fees so I saved $11, so that's something.

The funny thing is they sent me a link saying although I didn't mention capacity look, pmags don't come in 10 round versions and of course the second item down in that link was the new 10 round pmag. At the time they had 1,300 hits under the search 'magpul pmag' and I notice that's down to 100 now. So they've gotten really aggressive on any search terms people might actually use.
Old 01-04-2013, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

fvck ebay.
Old 01-04-2013, 8:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post
LoL. I just reported his item as an assault weapon...

Fight fire with fire bro...

If someone is gonna try to kill your auction then you kill theirs right back.
Good job--I was about to join in, but the listing has been pulled. You did good, stilly.

To the OP:

The same thing happened to me that happened to Eljay. I asked my buyer to allow me to wait two days before shipping to see if Paypal would pull the funds out of my account, and he readily agreed.

I sent the rebuild kits as promised and he emailed me outside of ebay to let me know he got them. Deal was done smoothly and Paypal never pulled the funds.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 AM

Lightbulb Divided we fall .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyCakes View Post
So 1. I can't ask for advice on a forum of which I'm a member because I don't sell stuff here (for which I have good reasons not to i.e. experiences stated above).
2. I'm somehow partially responsible for antigunners.
3. I somehow deserved to have my post deleted.
4. I "turned my back" on CalGuns.
5. I'm lazy for not researching the guy.
I don't know what I did to upset your ego but you don't know what you're talking about. You need a hug, bro.
1. The fact that you don't see the Hypocrisy in you doing so is my exact case and point .

2. Us not ALL standing together as gun owners is in part directly responsible for anti gun legislation going as far as this all has thus far .

3. Yes you deserved to have your posts deleted you were intentionally and purposely violating the site rules / terms of service that you agreed to as a seller literally just minutes beforehand and did so over and over again expecting different results trying to fool the system using different key words even though you posted here the very e-mails they sent you telling you why multiple times your lucky you just got your listing deleted from true horror stories I've heard about locked accounts and kept frozen transaction funds .

4.You are admittedly are a FFL in CA. and have a high cap certificate yet you aren't breaking these down to rebuild kits selling them in state to help fellow CA. gun owners out nor selling to members on here because you don't want to take the good with the bad I'd call that turning your back .

5. You made more effort to complain about a problem and to try and circumvent it than actually fixing it or getting to the bottom of it you told us about the guy who reported you yet didn't look into it your self other members did so and took action while you stood by scratching your head trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so I wouldn't call it being lazy per say more misdirected but call it what you will .

Sorry but you asked I was more pointing out the the fitting irony that you put up this post asking for input / suggestions on where to sell stuff outside of here because you in fact didn't want to sell on here and support fellow CA. gun supporters you'd rather deal with the devil ( huge anti gun corporations like Ebay and Paypal ) and in turn a seller selling like gun related items reported you to suit their own needs / means just like you were doing yet you complained here to Calgunners and they got your back / supported you and reported him and got his listings blocked - they went to bat for you because we are a community and because you said you weren't trying to list stuff for crazy prices or profit from this panic but you are why else would list the same stuff you yourself stated you started out asking 250$ for and re list at 650$ right after they got your competitions listings removed almost like you had your own plan / agenda and just used us to do so because e-bay notices stuff like you reporting people who report you . As a FFL in CA. you had a chance to set a pretty good example for others to sell to CA. and to stick together in this time of panic / need and you turned to one of its worst enemies to make a buck and them come back here and act like you don't know about other places online to sell stuff like Gunbroker, Gunsamerica etc. etc. or how e-bay works or how to read the fine print and rules and regulations and follow them being a FFL which has much stricter ramifications but I don't know what I'm taking about ?!?

This is not about my ego and I don't need a hug I need us as gun owners to support each other and stand together or we are going to all fall individually

FOR SALE ! MAGPUL GRIP - MAGPUL STOCK - MAGPUL RVG : CLICK HERE ! : https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1637308
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatersLOVEme : ) View Post
1. The fact that you don't see the Hypocrisy in you doing so is my exact case and point .

2. Us not ALL standing together as gun owners is in part directly responsible for anti gun legislation going as far as this all has thus far .

3. Yes you deserved to have your posts deleted you were intentionally and purposely violating the site rules / terms of service that you agreed to as a seller literally just minutes beforehand and did so over and over again expecting different results trying to fool the system using different key words even though you posted here the very e-mails they sent you telling you why multiple times your lucky you just got your listing deleted from true horror stories I've heard about locked accounts and kept frozen transaction funds .

4.You are admittedly are a FFL in CA. and have a high cap certificate yet you aren't breaking these down to rebuild kits selling them in state to help fellow CA. gun owners out nor selling to members on here because you don't want to take the good with the bad I'd call that turning your back .

5. You made more effort to complain about a problem and to try and circumvent it than actually fixing it or getting to the bottom of it you told us about the guy who reported you yet didn't look into it your self other members did so and took action while you stood by scratching your head trying to fit a square peg in a round hole so I wouldn't call it being lazy per say more misdirected but call it what you will .

Sorry but you asked I was more pointing out the the fitting irony that you put up this post asking for input / suggestions on where to sell stuff outside of here because you in fact didn't want to sell on here and support fellow CA. gun supporters you'd rather deal with the devil ( huge anti gun corporations like Ebay and Paypal ) and in turn a seller selling like gun related items reported you to suit their own needs / means just like you were doing yet you complained here to Calgunners and they got your back / supported you and reported him and got his listings blocked - they went to bat for you because we are a community and because you said you weren't trying to list stuff for crazy prices or profit from this panic but you are why else would list the same stuff you yourself stated you started out asking 250$ for and re list at 650$ right after they got your competitions listings removed almost like you had your own plan / agenda and just used us to do so because e-bay notices stuff like you reporting people who report you . As a FFL in CA. you had a chance to set a pretty good example for others to sell to CA. and to stick together in this time of panic / need and you turned to one of its worst enemies to make a buck and them come back here and act like you don't know about other places online to sell stuff like Gunbroker, Gunsamerica etc. etc. or how e-bay works or how to read the fine print and rules and regulations and follow them being a FFL which has much stricter ramifications but I don't know what I'm taking about ?!?

This is not about my ego and I don't need a hug I need us as gun owners to support each other and stand together or we are going to all fall individually
It sold in CA. Broken down to a rebuild. $250 of the money has already gone to the NRA-ILA. You don't know anything about me and it's not my job to educate you.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashoward View Post
Withdraw your funds QUICK. He will have to contact you
It was a calculated risk and I just shipped the box. So far, funds are still there.