Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-02-2019, 11:39 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 24,337
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXRiley View Post
What about rimfire ? Standard cap magazines okay in them?
Semi auto and bolt action.
Any action type rimfire rifle = yes.
Manually operated rimfire pistol = yes.
Featureless semi-auto rimfire pistol = yes.
Semi-auto rimfire pistol with fixed magazine = no.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 PM
EvoXRiley EvoXRiley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,206
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Any action type rimfire rifle = yes.
Manually operated rimfire pistol = yes.
Featureless semi-auto rimfire pistol = yes.
Semi-auto rimfire pistol with fixed magazine = no.
Thanks for the reply, I find myself enjoying my 22 more often shooting and glad to hear I have some extra rounds available now for plinking
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-03-2019, 1:02 PM
Agro's Avatar
Agro Agro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 840
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
CADOJ insists that the bullet-buttons remain on if you registered the gun with a BB. I don't understand why.

But as noted, a BB no longer qualifies to make a rifle 'fixed mag', so can't create an 'assault weapon' by using a 11+ mag in such a registered gun.

What kind of rotating mag exists for a centerfire semi-auto? I don't think of a drum as a 'rotating mag'. IIRC, rotating cylinders are mentioned in the context of shotguns.
I'll spice this up.
Can you use a 20rd ProMag rotating drum magazine in a semi-automatic magazine fed shotgun that you registered in 2018? That semi-auto magazine fed shotgun has a magazine locking device (BB) and has previously been limited to maximum 10 round/shell magazine.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-03-2019, 8:16 PM
penguinman penguinman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 247
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXRiley View Post
What about rimfire ? Standard cap magazines okay in them?
Semi auto and bolt action.
As far as I read the laws rimfire doesn't count for pretty much anything. So you can use whatever magazine in whatever weapon in whatever configuration.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-03-2019, 8:39 PM
ohsmily ohsmily is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: El Dorado Hills (Sac area)
Posts: 8,086
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I'll spice this up.
Can you use a 20rd ProMag rotating drum magazine in a semi-automatic magazine fed shotgun that you registered in 2018? That semi-auto magazine fed shotgun has a magazine locking device (BB) and has previously been limited to maximum 10 round/shell magazine.
Yes if by "registered" you mean a RAW.
__________________
Expert firearms attorney: http://www.ajrlaw.net

Check out http://www.blitzkriegtactical.com. Support a good calgunner local to San Diego.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-03-2019, 9:41 PM
EvoXRiley EvoXRiley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,206
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman View Post
As far as I read the laws rimfire doesn't count for pretty much anything. So you can use whatever magazine in whatever weapon in whatever configuration.
Yeah that's my take except for semi auto rifle fixed magazine pistol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-04-2019, 7:31 AM
A-J's Avatar
A-J A-J is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,228
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
CADOJ insists that the bullet-buttons remain on if you registered the gun with a BB. I don't understand why.
Because as proof that they read this forum, some folks were celebrating "YAY! I can put a standard release on my AR and dump the bullet button if I register!" And then the wording changed to specifically say that BB guns need to keep their BBs. That wasn't in the very first draft of the legislation, but you bet your *** they added it later because we found a flaw in their thinking.
__________________
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-04-2019, 7:34 AM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,051
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-J View Post
Because as proof that they read this forum, some folks were celebrating "YAY! I can put a standard release on my AR and dump the bullet button if I register!" And then the wording changed to specifically say that BB guns need to keep their BBs. That wasn't in the very first draft of the legislation, but you bet your *** they added it later because we found a flaw in their thinking.
And IMO their regulation is still unenforceable.
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-05-2019, 12:23 AM
Dvpham Dvpham is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 285
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Can we use LCMs in a pistol?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-05-2019, 1:05 AM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 24,337
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvpham View Post
Can we use LCMs in a pistol?
What kind of pistol? Answer is dependent on that info.

If it is a manually operated single-shot pistol, then no, because CA DOJ BOF is holding the stance that modifying it from a single-shot to a repeater will cause it to an unsafe handgun.

If it is a manually operated repeating pistol, then yes, it is CA legal for it to use detachable magazines of any capacity.

If it is a semi-auto pistol that does not have a fixed magazine, then yes, it is CA legal for it to use detachable magazines of any capacity.

If it is a semi-auto pistol that has a fixed magazine, then no, it is limited to a 10 or less round magazine in order to remain CA legal. [PC 30515(a)(5)]
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 04-05-2019 at 1:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-05-2019, 5:26 PM
BAJ475's Avatar
BAJ475 BAJ475 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kootenai County, Idaho
Posts: 2,010
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
If things were rational in CA, much of the reasoning in Duncan should apply to a new suit against many of CA’s gun laws — but such suits must be filed specifically against the laws, there is no ‘penumbra’ of Duncan that sweeps up other parts of Penal Code.
Penumbra? That's a play out of the Libs playbook.

Last edited by BAJ475; 04-05-2019 at 5:36 PM.. Reason: correct typo
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-06-2019, 3:24 PM
tek818 tek818 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 57
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Safe to run LCM/SCM in a RAW (BBAW) pistol?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-06-2019, 3:28 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,858
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek818 View Post
Safe to run LCM/SCM in a RAW (BBAW) pistol?


I think so. It’s a RAW. Having a 30rd mag in a fixed-mag gun makes it an assault weapon. You already have a RAW so I would assume it’s hunky-dory.
__________________
WTB:
2.5” Colt Python
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-07-2019, 6:36 AM
kdmmcc's Avatar
kdmmcc kdmmcc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 119
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Rimfire?

I know it's in the AW flow chart but can anyone clarify on rimfire. I get, rimfire featureless you can use standard capacity (greater than 10 rounds). But what about rimfire with evil features? Can you use standard capacity mags? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-07-2019, 6:50 AM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 864
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmmcc View Post
I know it's in the AW flow chart but can anyone clarify on rimfire. I get, rimfire featureless you can use standard capacity (greater than 10 rounds). But what about rimfire with evil features? Can you use standard capacity mags? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.
Yes as long as the receiver is a registered AW. It was not possible to register an AW as 22 cal so it would have to be a conversion of a centerfire registered AW.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-07-2019, 7:27 AM
Swagman00's Avatar
Swagman00 Swagman00 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East bay Nor-Cal (Not Oakland!)
Posts: 4,011
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I'll spice this up.
Can you use a 20rd ProMag rotating drum magazine in a semi-automatic magazine fed shotgun that you registered in 2018? That semi-auto magazine fed shotgun has a magazine locking device (BB) and has previously been limited to maximum 10 round/shell magazine.
AFAIK any shotgun with a rotating cylinder is illegal thanks to the street sweeper of the 80's. It's specifically outlined in 12276.1 section 8. It's also the reason why we can't have the Taurus Judge capable of shooting .410 bore.

Trouble is that magazines are not an integral part of the gun since they classified as a magazines and not cylinders.

You make the call. I wouldn't mess with it because it's too close in misinterpretation like the whole SKS and Yugo 59/66 nomenclature with detachable magazines.


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a.../t-251895.html
__________________
Anyway...here's a dearth of reasoning to ponder: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Guns

Recently I've been hung up on Synthwave that scatters Youtube.
Feel free to join if curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDEKMsxN0g



Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!

Last edited by Swagman00; 04-07-2019 at 7:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-08-2019, 8:42 AM
hoystory's Avatar
hoystory hoystory is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 254
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
And IMO their regulation is still unenforceable.
Yes, just to make this clear, there is nothing in the legislation requiring you to keep the bullet button on after registering your firearm as an assault weapon. That requirement was made as part of the regulations because DOJ realized that the legislators were idiots and their legislation allowed the bullet button's removal after the gun became a RAW.

Why? Because a RAW is a RAW is a RAW. The law itself doesn't recognize a BBRAW.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-08-2019, 9:10 AM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 38,936
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
AFAIK any shotgun with a rotating cylinder is illegal thanks to the street sweeper of the 80's. It's specifically outlined in 12276.1 section 8.

It's also the reason why we can't have the Taurus Judge capable of shooting .410 bore.
12276.1 has been gone since 2012, when the Penal Code was reorganized and renumbered; the section you reference is 30515(a)(8) now.

And the Judge is illegal as a short-barreled shotgun -
Quote:
17180.

As used in this part, “short-barreled shotgun” means any of the following:

(a) A firearm that is designed or redesigned to fire a fixed shotgun shell and has a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length.
...
__________________
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.


Gregg Easterbrook’s “Law of Doomsaying”: Predict catastrophe no later than ten years hence but no sooner than five years away — soon enough to terrify people but distant enough that they will not remember that you were wrong.


Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:53 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,858
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoystory View Post
Yes, just to make this clear, there is nothing in the legislation requiring you to keep the bullet button on after registering your firearm as an assault weapon. That requirement was made as part of the regulations because DOJ realized that the legislators were idiots and their legislation allowed the bullet button's removal after the gun became a RAW.



Why? Because a RAW is a RAW is a RAW. The law itself doesn't recognize a BBRAW.


Many members share this interpretation but no one wants to be the test case.
__________________
WTB:
2.5” Colt Python
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-08-2019, 1:10 PM
Swagman00's Avatar
Swagman00 Swagman00 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East bay Nor-Cal (Not Oakland!)
Posts: 4,011
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
12276.1 has been gone since 2012, when the Penal Code was reorganized and renumbered; the section you reference is 30515(a)(8) now.

And the Judge is illegal as a short-barreled shotgun -
Gotcha. Thats what I get for refrencing old threads.
__________________
Anyway...here's a dearth of reasoning to ponder: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Guns

Recently I've been hung up on Synthwave that scatters Youtube.
Feel free to join if curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDEKMsxN0g



Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-13-2019, 9:59 PM
PMACA_MFG's Avatar
PMACA_MFG PMACA_MFG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 620
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborscott View Post
any opinion on over 10 mag in a 10/22
Is rimfire.

No issue unless it's a pistol 10/22.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-20-2019, 2:45 AM
EQTrax EQTrax is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 53
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

So I can take my featureless Sub2000, and stick a 50 round glock drum in it and not be committing a felony? I remember Penal Code 32310(c) being the issue with that and if everything reverted back to the old chains we had, even if that week we were able to buy these, can they still be used?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:19 PM
PMACA_MFG's Avatar
PMACA_MFG PMACA_MFG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: California
Posts: 620
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
What kind of rotating mag exists for a centerfire semi-auto?
Semi-auto Lewis gun build. Semi DPM....
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.