Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-15-2013, 9:48 PM

oh and on a side note, i embarrassed myself from one of Turner's girls because i thought you guys where talking about her- i just assumed it was her. She is probably reading this and laughing, but on the real you are damn cute. Ty for correcting me in the store and making me red ha!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphaMale View Post
oh and on a side note, i embarrassed myself from one of Turner's girls because i thought you guys where talking about her- i just assumed it was her. She is probably reading this and laughing, but on the real you are damn cute. Ty for correcting me in the store and making me red ha!
Uh oh. Ummm...so which one were you talking to? Is it possible to change my screen name? Please tell me you didn't tell them about this thread, lol...

I don't always save the world, but when I do, it's in 24 hours or less...

Last edited by myk; 03-16-2013 at 12:16 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 7:54 AM

i just said you are famous on cal-guns when i walked in. She got curious and found our thread. She replied oh they were talking about so and so, i replied well **** i guess it was just me haha cause i found her cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
Uh oh. Ummm...so which one were you talking to? Is it possible to change my screen name? Please tell me you didn't tell them about this thread, lol...

Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-16-2013 at 3:47 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 8:22 AM

I just posted on the LA/OC/IE Wally thread. Thought I'd post it for you guys too so you can be on the lookout if you are looking for 22lr:

Elsinore - Picked up the last of the 22lr this am. Apparently they got some Win 333 & 555 packs. I know they got at least a case of the 555 packs because I saw the box and it didnt have the rebox tape on it.

Murrieta - ~10pm last night = land of the misfit calibers again

So CG'rs I'm sure Wallys all around So Call are getting the 22lr either already or in the next couple days. Be ready to get in there and get some. Happy hunting gents!

Last edited by DirtNSnowFun; 03-16-2013 at 8:22 AM.. Reason: Italicized my quote
Old 03-16-2013, 8:33 AM

One more thing. As I was paying at the Sporting Goods counter an employee asked the cashier what ammo I was buying and she told her. She told her she would be back to buy some. Just as I was leaving she came back. I thought that wasn't allowed.

Also, I usually bring up CG when I'm milling around the ammo case with other ammo hunters. One guy mentioned he just watches the threads but never posts or anything. So our posts help guys that dont even contribute. I'm not thrilled by that but I thought I'd throw it out there. I post so fellow CG'rs can get there mitts on much needed ammo and dont waste their time walking to an empty ammo case.
Old 03-16-2013, 9:19 AM
Veteran Member

Went on an ammo run today, picked up 900rds of Federal Champion 9mm (9 100rd packs) 2 different WM in LA area @ $21.37 each.
Old 03-16-2013, 9:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNSnowFun View Post
Also, I usually bring up CG when I'm milling around the ammo case with other ammo hunters. One guy mentioned he just watches the threads but never posts or anything. So our posts help guys that dont even contribute. I'm not thrilled by that but I thought I'd throw it out there. I post so fellow CG'rs can get there mitts on much needed ammo and dont waste their time walking to an empty ammo case.
That thought crossed my mind also. I don't let it bother me though, because if what we do helps to put rounds into the 'magazine of a needy shooter then it's a good thing. As for the lurkers/vultures, what goes around comes around and they're obviously worthless pieces of garbage anyway!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk View Post
That thought crossed my mind also. I don't let it bother me though, because if what we do helps to put rounds into the 'magazine of a needy shooter then it's a good thing. As for the lurkers/vultures, what goes around comes around and they're obviously worthless pieces of garbage anyway!
I've mentioned Calguns to a few people at WM, but only after a conversation that lets me get an idea of the type of person they are. If I feel like they could benefit from this community and might have something to contribute, I'll mention it. Otherwise, I stay silent to help limit the number of lurkers who would only reap the rewards and not give anything back. I'd like to think there are more of us who are looking to help each other out than those who just want to take advantage, but who knows.
Old 03-16-2013, 2:27 PM

I agree. I just thought I'd throw it out. I wish there was another way we could communicate our finds. That's why if i can I'll pick up extra ammo for the consistent contributors. I pay cash for everything so it may not work out if i don't have enough cash.

AO - good idea. I wont be so quick to intro CG. But I do it to get more people to help us fight to keep our rights. Funny that we have to fight to do that.

Here's some additional detail about my experience this morning at Wally's that I posted on the LA/IE/OC thread:
An interesting note on what I posted this am.
I saw a guy I know this afternoon who happened to go in and buy ammo right after I did. We must have missed each other by a minute. After talking to him we think that the employees are hoarding/hiding stuff themselves. Duh.

Here's what happened. I bought what I thought was the last 333-pk of 22lr. And I was pretty happy just get that. It was on the shelf but towards the back. SO you couldn't really see it when you walked by since the 22lr is always om the top shelf. When I was paying that's when I noticed the box of 555-pks on the inventory/stocking cart. I thought once ammo is pulled out it is supposed to be put directly in the case. She said she hadn't noticed it. Hmm. I had already paid for the 333 pack. So i could only buy 2 more boxes. Obviously I would have wanted the 555-pk instead but oh well. Well when the guy i know came in. Which was what we figured to be only a minute or two after I left. He saw the 555-pks, wanted to buy his 3 but the cashier seemed to want to steer him to 333-pks. But he wasn't biting since he wanted the bigger packs. Which when I got there I got the only 1 333-pk that was on the shelf. So something was funky.
On top of that I think another cashier saw me walking out with my 3 boxes, took her break immediately after and checked in to the ammo case. That's when she must have clocked out or something and bought the last few boxes right after this guy.

So add that to what other peeps have been posting about not finding ammo and its just another indication that we are fighting for ammo right along with the employees in some locations. I just hope they are fellow enthusiasts and not opportunists just trying to cash in for themselves or friends.

Good luck out there.

BTW - Faith Armory in Temecula has 22lr $5/50-pk, AE 223 for $15/20-pk
Old 03-16-2013, 3:43 PM
Calguns Addict

^^^For sure. I don't know if I posted this before, but back when I was collecting rare Transformers and G.I. Joes I ran into a situation where I found two rare T-formers sitting on the shelves, brought one up to the cashiers and the employees up there started arguing amongst themselves, accusing one another of "not having pulled that" like they were supposed to. "WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!" Is what I got instead of the usual "did you find everything you needed today" or whatever.

Freaking cherry-pickers, man...

Old 03-16-2013, 3:51 PM

pieces of **** like that need to get reported to management. I know a few at them national city branch were fired.
Old 03-16-2013, 3:52 PM

ps. that employee who was sort of hiding it or steering you away- you should have called management.

one more thing. to the lurkers on here- please register and contribute. I aint perfect, but at least I was able to inform a few people on here when 12 gauge, 9mm, 22lr, 40 SW and 45 ACP comes in. I get my share and report in if there is left over stuff.

Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-16-2013 at 3:56 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 4:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
ps. that employee who was sort of hiding it or steering you away- you should have called management.

one more thing. to the lurkers on here- please register and contribute. I aint perfect, but at least I was able to inform a few people on here when 12 gauge, 9mm, 22lr, 40 SW and 45 ACP comes in. I get my share and report in if there is left over stuff.
Yeah, I was a lot younger then and didn't really understand what was going on. But if I saw that going on now, you bet I'd be having a face to face with the department lead. Honestly though, I think the employees have a lot to do with the sparse 'ammo shelves.

As for contributing to the 'ammo search, I'm limited by how much I can buy based on the sorry amount of money I have to spend on 'ammo a month. Even if I walked in to Wal*Mart or Turner's and found 1,000,000 rounds of .223/5.56 for $500 I wouldn't be able to buy it, but I would buy what I can afford and let you guys know about the rest of it...

Old 03-16-2013, 6:41 PM

12 gauge at aero is supposedly coming in
Old 03-16-2013, 8:04 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
i just said you are famous on cal-guns when i walked in. She got curious and found our thread. She replied oh they were talking about so and so, i replied well **** i guess it was just me haha cause i found her cute
They know my dog there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 03-16-2013, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post
They know my dog there!
You sneaky bastard, lol. All cute girls love a good dog!

Old 03-16-2013, 9:33 PM

can i bring my pitbull in there?
Old 03-17-2013, 1:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Just got back from 'Aero, nothing but 410 and 20 gauge...

Old 03-17-2013, 7:12 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
...That's when she must have clocked out or something and bought the last few boxes right after this guy...its just another indication that we are fighting for ammo right along with the employees in some locations.
When someone sells dollar bills for $.50, EVERYONE wants them, whether they need time or not!

And I'm okay with that. Would we maintain that turners employees shouldn't be able to buy ammo or guns that comes in that is a good deal? I don't think so. And hey, what do you say that we let the Walmart Employee, who is otherwise looked down upon and ostracized from all social groups in our West Coast snob society under normal market conditions, have their day in the sun... I mean, when else have you heard over and over from fellow CGrs that they wouldn't mind getting a job in the Walmart sporting goods section? And how often in the past have we even bothered to learn the names and talk to Walmart Employees .

Walmart is a great reseller, and if anyone say different, they are probably a marxist-union goon, or a wannbe social elitist living outside of today's economic realities (which will bite them in the arse, soon enough!).

Old 03-17-2013, 9:01 AM

Default Poway...empty

Poway Walmart@ 9:50 AM

No on 9mm, 22lr, 223/5.56.

Shelves were basically empty except for 3 boxes (forgot to get sizes).
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 AM

walter and david of Aero are amazing nice gents. They have checked the back quite a few times for me. Walter literally poops a brick everytime he sees me and laughs at how much stuff I buy. David, he is a cool gent. I tell him how much us regular cal-gun people have THE UPMOST THANKFULNESS. He sees annoyed by the dumb people who ask do you have this or this or this after telling them once that all they have is a particular type of ammo. I know there are a few other employees who we see once in awhile but these two are the usual. My rant for the day peace.

Last edited by Alpha Male; 03-17-2013 at 7:49 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 1:00 PM

Nothing at Shawline Walmart but 410 and 20 gauge.
Old 03-17-2013, 6:37 PM

Aero had some 20 and 410 earlier when I was there. I think it was around 5:00 PM or so.
Old 03-17-2013, 8:01 PM

santee - 270, 270, 270, 410, 20ga and that was it.

really need to make a 270 upper for the ar...lol
Old 03-18-2013, 1:44 AM

hit up KM tonight around 9pm and it was totally ****ing empty
Old 03-18-2013, 6:02 AM

Kearny has some #8 12gauge... that is it..
Old 03-18-2013, 7:11 AM

Wal-mart national city has the following as of 3/17

.17 hm2
.cci .22 shot shells
12/20 guage various
.380 (one or two boxes)
Old 03-18-2013, 10:32 AM

Picked up 1 extra of a copuple calibers if any regular posters to this thread are interested:
38 spcl Fed 158 RN - 50bx
40 180 FMJ - 50bx
PM me a preferred place and time. You have to work around my schedule though. Don't make it complicated and you can have it for what I paid for it.
Actually if you have something worth trading I'd be interested too. Ammo cans, ammo boxes/holders and 9mm are a couple things I can think of that are priced close to the cost of this ammo.

Last edited by DirtNSnowFun; 03-18-2013 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 03-18-2013, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deme View Post
Kearny has some #8 12gauge... that is it..
I didn't even see #8 at 9:30a

Old 03-18-2013, 2:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yea that's what I went in for is #8 and I was shocked to see even that's out

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 03-18-2013, 5:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Pbbbb...time to buy something that shoots 410 or 20 gauge, I guess...

Old 03-18-2013, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Picked up 1 extra of a copuple calibers if any regular posters to this thread are interested:
38 spcl Fed 158 RN - 50bx
40 180 FMJ - 50bx
PM me a preferred place and time. You have to work around my schedule though. Don't make it complicated and you can have it for what I paid for it.
Actually if you have something worth trading I'd be interested too. Ammo cans, ammo boxes/holders and 9mm are a couple things I can think of that are priced close to the cost of this ammo.
PM sent.
Old 03-18-2013, 8:54 PM

Good job guys. Can't help you all since I never set foot in Walmart.

Clint Smith On Gun Safety [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Y7LIJm5gI ]
1. All firearms are ALWAYS loaded.
2. Don't point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're on the target and ready to shoot.
4. Be sure of your target and backstop.
Old 03-19-2013, 7:19 AM

The NC store (off the 54) only notable ammo was the 380 hydrashock - 3bxs at 5pm yesterday.
Plenty of 20, 17. Some 410, 22lr shotshell, 30.06, 270, 300
Old 03-19-2013, 8:45 AM

Somebody posted this in another gun form I frequent

When will it me be mine turn for fully stocked Walmart ammo case?
Old 03-19-2013, 9:24 AM

I highly doubt that is a current pic. Probably six months ago.
Old 03-19-2013, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lixer View Post
Somebody posted this in another gun form I frequent

nice!!
Old 03-19-2013, 9:34 AM

Hey whats that over there!!!??? Nevermind its just a troll.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lixer View Post
Somebody posted this in another gun forum I frequent

Corrected
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

The WalMart off N. Broadway (National City) had:

assorted 20 gauge
.380 jhp
a box of 7mm
one box of .30-06
.22 lr shotsells
.17 hmr