Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 11-05-2011, 1:45 PM
Banned

Default Mosin's

Because they are just a lot of fun. Went shooting yesterday and it began raining just as I arrived and rained the entire time I was there.

It was still fun to be there and I put 60 rounds through two of my Mosin's. One is a nice, hex head made in 1925 and the second is a post War, Yugo M44. Both are a blast to shoot, literally!!!

Here's a pic of the M44. Very nice gun.

Old 11-05-2011, 6:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
CDF, what peep sight is that?
Looks like a mojo, but I could be wrong...

Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperX View Post
I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calplinker View Post
the second is a post War, Yugo M44. Polish M44

Fixed
Old 11-06-2011, 1:39 AM
Veteran Member

I never gave much thought about Mosins until this year when I came across an M44-$100, then a Finn 91/30-$75 (with the Big-5 box), and another M44-$60 (some bartering for garage sale bought scuba gear was involved, but that ended up being the out of pocket expense). 1880 rds of ammo for an additional $380. Do the math. Any other battle rifle round is going to be at least $.50-$1.00/rd or more. They're birthday and Christmas gifts for my sons. PAX

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798
Old 11-06-2011, 4:11 PM

I progressed through wanting many rifles before discovering the Mosin Nagant. Then I found out that many of them were made in Izhevsk. That has sentimental value to me since my youngest son was born in Izhevsk and I have been there a couple of times. So now I am interested in collecting firearms made at the Izhmash armory. It may not be a 'high value' collection as far as putting a price on it, but for me it will have great value and someday it will be passed on to my son. Yes, it is fun to shoot. Yes it does hurt after a while. No, I don't think about whether or not nazis were killed with it. It is a historic weapon and it is very economical to shoot which makes it all the more fun when I don't have to worry about the cash flying out the muzzle.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Lk 22:36