Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions > CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting) This forum is for storing and or easy accessing useful or important threads.

Old 07-19-2009, 4:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Calguns Needs Your Help! - Regional Coordinators, Event Coordinators, Designers, PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Please check out this thread and join the team!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=211614

UPDATE FROM WILDHAWKER:

Calguns Needs Your Help! - Regional Coordinators, Event Coordinators, Designers, PR

Quote:
Hello, Fellow Calgunners!

As many of you know, Calguns has been very actively involved with RKBA outreach at gun shows and other public events since January of this year. The time has come to take this to the next level... but we'll your help to get there!

I'll keep this brief: we need to expand the team and prepare for some expansion into new territories and different kinds of outreach. The bottom line is that we want to connect with every California gun owner, their family and friends, every moderate who cares about the protection of our civil rights and every ally that we can build a relationship with to work towards a better future here in California. It's no secret that I'd like to add a zero to the current Calguns membership level in the next 12 months, and two zeros in 24. (We currently have 32,959 and 10,939 active members as of today- that’s right, let’s grow to 320,000 by this time next year). This goal - shared by many highly-regarded leaders of RKBA and your fellow activists- is aggressive, yes... and entirely achievable. If you guys and gals can make ARs and AKs happen in *California*, we can do this too!

So, on to the part where I ask you to join the team that's kicking ***** for your gun rights. Below you'll find descriptions of the various volunteer roles we're seeking right now; please take a look and see if any might be something you would be interested in doing as your contribution to the greater RKBA efforts. If you have any skills or capabilities not listed and believe they could make an impact, or if you just don’t know how to get involved, please don't hesitate to contact me by email. I would ask that email correspondence be used and not PMs, as it has become exceedingly difficult to track and reply to them.

Thanks for your time and consideration, and I look forward to working with you!

Regards,

Brandon Combs
wildhawker at gmail dot com

###

REGIONAL COORDINATOR
- SF Bay Area, CA
- Central Valley, CA
The Regional Coordinator will coordinate the various events and efforts within their territory (SF Bay currently defined as the greater Bay Area and coastal communities south to San Luis Obispo; Central Valley includes Sacramento to Tulare). Events include such activities as gun show booths, shooting matches, fairs & tradeshows, ‘shoot-n-q’s and various vendor partnering opportunities. The Regional Coordinator will assist with non-event outreach planning and coordination as well as the development of outreach goals. This person will interface with the advisors and supply chain and oversee the event and local outreach Coordinators in their region; this person will support the coordinators with team building and monitor all performance and volunteers for conformance to the high standards of integrity and professionalism Calguns demands.

EVENT/LOCAL OUTREACH COORDINATORS
-Statewide (immediate need in SF Bay, LA, Sacto/Central Valley)
This person will coordinate a single event or outreach effort, such as: gun show booths, shooting matches, fairs & tradeshows, ‘shoot-n-q’s and various vendor partnering opportunities. The Coordinator will primarily interface with the Regional Coordinator and the event volunteer crew, which they will oversee. Occasionally the Coordinator will work directly with an advisor. A Coordinators’ primary responsibility will be to establish and schedule their crew as appropriate to the event/effort; they will also provide feedback to the Regional Coordinator and/or advisors including inventory, process, event/partner and volunteer grading. It may be necessary for the Coordinator to assist with logistics of display materials and transfer to the next Coordinator from time to time. They will have direct control over the execution of the event/effort and will ensure conformance to the high standards of integrity and professionalism Calguns demands.

EVENT VOLUNTEERS
Event Volunteers will work with Event Coordinator for a shift (typically 2-4 hours) at one of the various events. Greeting the public and promoting Calguns & RKBA are the primary duties of a volunteer. Occasionally a volunteer may be asked to assist with setup/takedown and logistics.

OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS
Outreach Volunteers will work with Regional Coordinators, advisors and other initiative leaders to support the distribution of Calguns materials (electronic and printed) to FFLs, vendors and other entities. Especially helpful are those who are members or leaders of sympathetic organizations, groups or websites (such as fishing, hunting, outdoors, women's, competitive/specialty shooting, LGBT, etc.).

DOCUMENT/GRAPHICS DESIGN

MARKETING/PR (web & traditional media)

Calguns Official Events: Calguns Booths, Gun Shows and other Official occasions.

Find an event near you and keep the ball rolling!

September/October Official Events:

DAILY CITY, CA - SEPT 19th & 20th
Quote:
Calguns Gun Show Booth - Cow Palace Sept. 19-20, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVENT: COW PALACE GUN SHOW
DATE: Sept 19-20, 2009
TIME: •Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; •Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#sanfran
REGIONAL COORDINATOR: bplvr

**CREW**
COORDINATOR: DedEye

LIVERMORE, CA. - SEPT 20TH!
Quote:
Calguns Local Outreach - J&R Sports Customer Appreciation Day Sept. 20, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What: J&R Sports Customer Appreciation Day
When: Sept 20, 2009; 12:00pm-5:00pm
Where: J&R Sports Supply, 2558-B Old First St., Livermore, CA 94550

CAL EXPO, SACTO - SEPT 26th & 27th
Quote:
Calguns Gun Show Booth - Cal Expo, Sacto - Sept. 26 & 27 2009

EVENT: SACRAMENTO GUN SHOW
DATE: Sept. 26 & 27, 2009
(California State Fairgrounds)
1600 Exposition Boulevard
Sacramento, CA
VENUE INFO: http://www.calexpo.com/html/calexpo_directions.asp
COORDINATOR: Lateralus

DEL MAR, CA. - OCT. 3rd & 4th
Quote:
Calguns Gun Show Booth - Del Mar, October 3-4 2009

EVENT: DEL MAR GUN SHOW
DATE: OCTOBER 3-4, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...htm#directions

**CREW**
Coordinator : Legasat

ONTARIO, CA. - OCT. 24th & 25th
Quote:
Calguns Gun Show Booth - Ontario, Oct 24-25 2009

EVENT: ONTARIO (CA) GUN SHOW
DATE: OCTOBER 24-25, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#ontario

**CREW**

EVENT COORDINATOR: pennys dad
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria http://www.a-human-right.com/

Last edited by Liberty1; 09-12-2009 at 4:34 PM..
Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Liberty1 is right on. There are many great events and upcoming initiatives that need your help to succeed. If our ~11,000 active members volunteer just 15 minutes a few times a week, a day here or there, a weekend every couple of months, could we see the Calguns community into a 1000 pound gorilla in Sacramento and D.C.? Ensure politicians consider our opinons every time, whether they agree with us or not? Take back the very freedoms we've lost by our inaction and complacency in the past? Show the world that California gun owners can elect a governor firmly committed to the preservation of our fundamental rights? Let's turn California politics on its ear, right here, right now.

I believe we can, and I believe we will- but we need your help - we need *you* to take action now. Ponder a moment about how much time is spent right here on Calguns enjoying the content and comaraderie, and also about how important these issues are to you, your family, your friends, indeed, our nation. If the 32,000+ of you are as dedicated to RKBA as I believe you to be, there should be no shortage of passionate gunnies ready to do battle in the name of freedom... yet, we've struggled at times to garner even minimal interest in the very grassroots activism that enables and ensures the topics of conversation right here at CGN. While frustrating at times, I'm confident that you've been waiting all along for the right time and opportunity in which to jump into the pool. Well, Calguns, it's hot out and we have one hell of a waterpark to play in. Sound like fun? You damn well better believe it. Let's go get some work done!

Please donate to the Calguns Foundation, and please get involved today. There are plenty of upcoming opportunities to take action and join the RKBA fight no matter your circumstances- PM or email me (wildhawker at gmail.com) if you have any questions or would like to discuss how *you* can contribute - believe me, EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN, and I hope each of you will.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This is our world, our state and our rights - with your help, we can take back what has been stripped of us for far too long. The opportunity is here. The time is now.

Thanks for your consideration, and I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely,

Brandon Combs

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 07-19-2009 at 10:49 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 7:16 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Volunteering at the Del Mar show was a blast! Anyone who is considering becoming a volunteer/coordinator should jump onboard.

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 07-20-2009, 8:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Now is the time when we need you the most. Step up. Volunteer, spread the word about calguns.net, that we are changing existing law for the better. That The Calguns Foundation is defending the wrongly accused, that we are suing the State of California in Federal Court to eliminate The List and for Equal Rights to CCW - and that we WIN.

For decades we have held against an overwhelming force. Well the Fast Movers have come in with reinforcements - and for the first time in recent history we have the advantage! The enemy is retreating, now is the time to step up and advance!

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 PM

is there going to be a calguns booth at the chico gun show in aug? if so, i can volunteer
Old 07-21-2009, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

I will do it!

Chance to give something back.
Old 07-22-2009, 7:46 AM
Banned

What about these volunteers?

One of them can be the event coordinator...how much does it pay?
Old 07-22-2009, 8:28 AM
I need a LIFE!!

By the event, or by the hour? I KID!

In all seriousness, all of this is 100% volunteer work. You'll have much more fun than you expect to and can look yourself in the mirror while shaving knowing that you're doing more than dropping a $20 in the collection basket every other Sunday.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 07-22-2009 at 8:31 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 PM

I live about thirty minuts from glendale, id be happy to help as long as they dont mind a revolver on my belt....
Old 07-23-2009, 5:28 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRoots View Post
I live about thirty minuts from glendale, id be happy to help as long as they dont mind a revolver on my belt....
Unfortunately it looks like this year's CalGuns booth at Glendale has been cancelled. But fear not there are plenty of other shows that need volunteers.

Although I live in San Diego I may drive up to the next Costa Mesa show, it would be nice to organize a Calguns post-show dinner or some sort of event after the show. Costa Mesa seems like a fairly middle ground for the SD and LA folks.

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 07-23-2009, 8:23 AM
Calguns Addict

OK, what if those interested in a Glendale table volunteer at our NRA table this show and figure out all the details so it will be easier to set up a CG table next show? I haven't checked with our Fearless Leader, but he was OK with me having CG material on the NRA table last time (it didn't work out only because CG didn't have the logistics to get it to us) so I imagine he'd be happy to help get the ball rolling.

Actually, my guess is that he'll agree to anything half-reasonable in exchange for some additional volunteers anyway.

What say you people who offered to help at a CG table this time?

7x57

What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
Old 07-23-2009, 9:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
OK, what if those interested in a Glendale table volunteer at our NRA table this show and figure out all the details so it will be easier to set up a CG table next show? I haven't checked with our Fearless Leader, but he was OK with me having CG material on the NRA table last time (it didn't work out only because CG didn't have the logistics to get it to us) so I imagine he'd be happy to help get the ball rolling.

Actually, my guess is that he'll agree to anything half-reasonable in exchange for some additional volunteers anyway.

What say you people who offered to help at a CG table this time?

7x57
The process and booth supplies themselves are in place and pretty well refined at this point; we are simply lacking in enough interested people willing to commit some time to the cause. Coordinators (think of them as foremen/event managers) are the achilles heel of the operation, and anyone who is professional in appearance and demeanor with organizational skills should apply today for events statewide. PM me for details and to discuss further.

I agree w/ 7x57, if you can get into the NRA booth for some experience and to give our big brother a hand, do it!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

I have organized company presentation at events as large as the CES show. I have been to the Glendale show before and I can bet you that if a person is willing it would only take about 6 people. I am pretty sure that if I am going that another friend would go, another Calgunner. . . That means we would need only 4 more. . .

I am sure we have them.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM

How young can we be to help out? Im 19 in riverside would love to help out
Old 08-03-2009, 9:32 PM
Calguns Addict

COSTA MESA AUG. 22 AND 23 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=200472

Quote:
EVENT: ORANGE COUNTY GUN SHOW
DATE: Aug 22-23, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/showVenues.htm#orange

**CREW**
EVENT COORDINATOR: SeanCasey (Cell: 626.327.3715)

VOLUNTEERS:
Saturday AM (9am-1:30pm): SeanCasey, mrlonewolf, Legasat, microstencil, pennys dad
Saturday PM (1:00pm-5:00pm): SeanCasey, mrlonewolf, pennys dad

Sunday AM (9am-1:00pm): SeanCasey, mrlonewolf, TaxAnnihilator, Exposed, pennys dad
Sunday PM (12:30pm-4:00pm): SeanCasey, mrlonewolf, TaxAnnihilator, StoneRoots, JWood562

AND START PLANNING FOR ONTARIO http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=174259

Quote:
EVENT: ONTARIO (CA) GUN SHOW
DATE: OCTOBER 24-25, 2009
VENUE INFO: http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/sh...es.htm#ontario

**CREW**
EVENT COORDINATOR: TBD
VOLUNTEERS:
Saturday: exposed, tbd
Sunday: TBD
> Need 3-4 Calgunners both Sat and Sun for 2-4 hour shifts
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

Last edited by Liberty1; 08-03-2009 at 9:38 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 2:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Calguns Needs Your Help! - Regional Coordinators, Event Coordinators, Designers, PR

Please check out this thread and join the team!

Old 08-11-2009, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

UPDATE FROM WILDHAWKER:

Calguns Needs Your Help! - Regional Coordinators, Event Coordinators, Designers, PR

Quote:
Hello, Fellow Calgunners!

As many of you know, Calguns has been very actively involved with RKBA outreach at gun shows and other public events since January of this year. The time has come to take this to the next level... but we'll your help to get there!

I'll keep this brief: we need to expand the team and prepare for some expansion into new territories and different kinds of outreach. The bottom line is that we want to connect with every California gun owner, their family and friends, every moderate who cares about the protection of our civil rights and every ally that we can build a relationship with to work towards a better future here in California. It's no secret that I'd like to add a zero to the current Calguns membership level in the next 12 months, and two zeros in 24. (We currently have 32,959 and 10,939 active members as of today- that’s right, let’s grow to 320,000 by this time next year). This goal - shared by many highly-regarded leaders of RKBA and your fellow activists- is aggressive, yes... and entirely achievable. If you guys and gals can make ARs and AKs happen in *California*, we can do this too!

So, on to the part where I ask you to join the team that's kicking ***** for your gun rights. Below you'll find descriptions of the various volunteer roles we're seeking right now; please take a look and see if any might be something you would be interested in doing as your contribution to the greater RKBA efforts. If you have any skills or capabilities not listed and believe they could make an impact, or if you just don’t know how to get involved, please don't hesitate to contact me by email. I would ask that email correspondence be used and not PMs, as it has become exceedingly difficult to track and reply to them.

Thanks for your time and consideration, and I look forward to working with you!

Regards,

Brandon Combs
wildhawker at gmail dot com

###

REGIONAL COORDINATOR
- SF Bay Area, CA
- Central Valley, CA
The Regional Coordinator will coordinate the various events and efforts within their territory (SF Bay currently defined as the greater Bay Area and coastal communities south to San Luis Obispo; Central Valley includes Sacramento to Tulare). Events include such activities as gun show booths, shooting matches, fairs & tradeshows, ‘shoot-n-q’s and various vendor partnering opportunities. The Regional Coordinator will assist with non-event outreach planning and coordination as well as the development of outreach goals. This person will interface with the advisors and supply chain and oversee the event and local outreach Coordinators in their region; this person will support the coordinators with team building and monitor all performance and volunteers for conformance to the high standards of integrity and professionalism Calguns demands.

EVENT/LOCAL OUTREACH COORDINATORS
-Statewide (immediate need in SF Bay, LA, Sacto/Central Valley)
This person will coordinate a single event or outreach effort, such as: gun show booths, shooting matches, fairs & tradeshows, ‘shoot-n-q’s and various vendor partnering opportunities. The Coordinator will primarily interface with the Regional Coordinator and the event volunteer crew, which they will oversee. Occasionally the Coordinator will work directly with an advisor. A Coordinators’ primary responsibility will be to establish and schedule their crew as appropriate to the event/effort; they will also provide feedback to the Regional Coordinator and/or advisors including inventory, process, event/partner and volunteer grading. It may be necessary for the Coordinator to assist with logistics of display materials and transfer to the next Coordinator from time to time. They will have direct control over the execution of the event/effort and will ensure conformance to the high standards of integrity and professionalism Calguns demands.

EVENT VOLUNTEERS
Event Volunteers will work with Event Coordinator for a shift (typically 2-4 hours) at one of the various events. Greeting the public and promoting Calguns & RKBA are the primary duties of a volunteer. Occasionally a volunteer may be asked to assist with setup/takedown and logistics.

OUTREACH VOLUNTEERS
Outreach Volunteers will work with Regional Coordinators, advisors and other initiative leaders to support the distribution of Calguns materials (electronic and printed) to FFLs, vendors and other entities. Especially helpful are those who are members or leaders of sympathetic organizations, groups or websites (such as fishing, hunting, outdoors, women's, competitive/specialty shooting, LGBT, etc.).

DOCUMENT/GRAPHICS DESIGN

MARKETING/PR (web & traditional media)

Last edited by Liberty1; 08-11-2009 at 4:30 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 7:54 PM

Email sent.

Old 09-04-2009, 8:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Email sent as well.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 09-04-2009, 8:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for the emails- we've received them and appreciate all the support. Stay tuned!