Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 11-29-2014, 3:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Good luck. It's amazing how many **** bags we had and some good people can't get in.
Thanks! When I was 18 they wouldn't stop calling. Now it's like pulling teeth to get an answer to an email.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 11-29-2014, 6:53 PM
Veteran Member

Keep us updated.
Old 11-29-2014, 7:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
Thanks! When I was 18 they wouldn't stop calling. Now it's like pulling teeth to get an answer to an email.
You mentioned your are 40 now. So you can even get in period?

What's the age limitations on medical officers coming in? My plight in getting in was very similar to yours, only I was trying to get in as a Finance Captain.

Age forced my hand and I "enlisted" in a totally different job category to stop the clock so I could technically go down the Officer path after the fact. Now I'm here, but going to essentially be a Transportation Officer (but as a 2nd LT), and will try and make the jump to Finance before I get to the Captains' Career course because it's Finance that has the most Major and Lt Col. slots open in the Reserves.

It took a bit of twisting my recruiter's arm in junction with my own confirmation of army regulations about how I could get in and become and officer.

I suspect an Age Waiver might be needed in your case, so prepare to have that base covered.
Old 11-29-2014, 7:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
You mentioned your are 40 now. So you can even get in period?

What's the age limitations on medical officers coming in? My plight in getting in was very similar to yours, only I was trying to get in as a Finance Captain.

Age forced my hand and I "enlisted" in a totally different job category to stop the clock so I could technically go down the Officer path after the fact. Now I'm here, but going to essentially be a Transportation Officer (but as a 2nd LT), and will try and make the jump to Finance before I get to the Captains' Career course because it's Finance that has the most Major and Lt Col. slots open in the Reserves.

It took a bit of twisting my recruiter's arm in junction with my own confirmation of army regulations about how I could get in and become and officer.

I suspect an Age Waiver might be needed in your case, so prepare to have that base covered.
Professional occupations like medicine, engineering and law have a cutoff age of around 40 simply because these degrees take longer, and the military tends to like people with experience. My stepbrother is in the Air Force Jag corps right now and he entered at 36 which is far too old for the regular Air Force.

However if the op doesn't get going soon, he will definitely miss his chance to serve. The military isn't granting many waivers, especially with so many younger people applying.
Old 11-29-2014, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton8260 View Post
Professional occupations like medicine, engineering and law have a cutoff age of around 40 simply because these degrees take longer, and the military tends to like people with experience. My stepbrother is in the Air Force Jag corps right now and he entered at 36 which is far too old for the regular Air Force.

However if the op doesn't get going soon, he will definitely miss his chance to serve. The military isn't granting many waivers, especially with so many younger people applying.
The age cut off for physical therapists is 42. An age waiver is possible if they will grant it after 42 years of age. A woman I know is in the air force reserves, joined around age 50 with a waiver. She's a physician's assistant and they are in demand in the military. In my case there is no "get going". I have to wait until February to get a yes or no. The review panel meets only 1 time per year. Nothing I can do but have my ducks in a row and wait until then.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 11-29-2014, 9:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
The age cut off for physical therapists is 42. An age waiver is possible if they will grant it after 42 years of age. A woman I know is in the air force reserves, joined around age 50 with a waiver. She's a physician's assistant and they are in demand in the military. In my case there is no "get going". I have to wait until February to get a yes or no. The review panel meets only 1 time per year. Nothing I can do but have my ducks in a row and wait until then.
That mustve been when the war was in full swing. Theres no way they would grant that kind of age waiver now. Especially since there are a lot of younger PT people. Thays weird though. Only once a year? The other profs, enginie, law, and physicians meet several times a year. Must not be that much demand for PT.

But at any rate, good luck sir and I hope you get in!
Old 11-30-2014, 4:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton8260 View Post
That mustve been when the war was in full swing. Theres no way they would grant that kind of age waiver now. Especially since there are a lot of younger PT people. Thays weird though. Only once a year? The other profs, enginie, law, and physicians meet several times a year. Must not be that much demand for PT.

But at any rate, good luck sir and I hope you get in!
Yes, it seems not a huge demand. The recruiter tells me they are only looking for 3 PT's this year. Physician assistants on the other hand are getting huge sign on bonuses. I guess one thing in my favor is that I don't know any PT's in the Reserves, and I've met a lot of people over the years througo work, and various conferences, etc. So maybe not so many are applying, I don't know. Thanks for the well wishes!

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member

Last edited by AregularGuy; 11-30-2014 at 4:12 AM..
Old 11-30-2014, 9:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The age cut off for physical therapists is 42. An age waiver is possible if they will grant it after 42 years of age.
So I actually got an "age waiver". My birthday was two weeks after I was selected for commissioning, and I got the waiver for a Logistical slot.

However, I was already "IN" the reserves at the time.

When I was looking to get in the age limit for everyone was 42, but the officer age of 42 only applied to the reserves at the time. The active component wasn't taking them that old.

Then I got a call from my recruiter telling me they lowered the officer entrance age (for those trying to get in the USAR) down to 30, and I had two weeks to enlist because they are lowering that too down to 35. I was 38 at the time.

Sooooo, I enlisted, got in the system, and then at that moment started the clock again because the direct commission age limit is 42 (for those currently USAR soldiers), but you already have to be in the reserves.

I went to basic just after I turned 39, jumped through a bunch of hoops and was able to submit a direct commission package just as I turned 41.

I wasn't selected the first time around because I was an E4, and was trying to get a Military Intelligence commission.

I submitted again the following year essentially my exact same packed with updated letters of references. The USAR upped the anti a little bit, and instead of getting letters of references from any officers, two of them had to be my Company Commander, and my Battalion Commander.

The Intel Branch this last year had NO vacancies. So I went for a Hail Mary and selected the branch that had over 100 vacancies in California alone.

At the time I submitted my package I didn't request an age waiver (my Accessions NCO and me were simply crossing our fingers I'd slip through). So a few weeks before the selection board (at Fort Knox) met I got an e-mail (while I was deployed) and I had to compose an Age Waiver Request memo (it was accepted).

I was able to get the age waiver:
1) I was an E5 by then with the Army Achievement medal as my highest award and nearly three years on active orders.
2) I had a deployment now under my belt.
3) I selected the MOS and Branch that the USAR is simply never ever going to be able to fill 100% and has high turn over.
4) When I got the age waiver I had just turned 42 after the board met, and was only asking for a few weeks of a waiver and not years and years.

I of course can't say I know anything about the medical officer process.

I can say when I was in the system with a Master's degree I couldn't get selected for Intelligence Officer at the time they had 12 vacancies, but I could get in when they had over 100 vacancies.

I'm just saying at our age you need to stack the deck in your favor as much as you can. If they are giving bonuses for Physician Assistants I would jump all over that. It's an indicator there are a lot of positions open.

In fact I got a $10K no strings attached cash bonus for Logistical Officer. I wasn't even seeking it.
Old 11-30-2014, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The age cut off for physical therapists is 42. An age waiver is possible if they will grant it after 42 years of age.
So I actually got an "age waiver". My birthday was two weeks after I was selected for commissioning, and I got the waiver for a Logistical slot.

When I was looking to get in the age limit for everyone was 42, but the officer age of 42 only applied to the reserves at the time. The active component wasn't taking them that old.

Then I got a call from my recruiter telling me they lowered the officer entrance age (for those trying to get in the USAR) down to 30, and I had two weeks to enlist because they are lowering that too down to 35. I was 38 at the time.

Sooooo, I enlisted, got in the system, and then at that moment started the clock again because the direct commission age limit is 42 (for those currently USAR soldiers), but you already have to be in the reserves.

I went to basic just after I turned 39, jumped through a bunch of hoops and was able to submit a direct commission package just as I turned 41.

I wasn't selected the first time around because I was an E4, and was trying to get a Military Intelligence commission.

I submitted again the following year essentially my exact same packed with updated letters of references. The USAR upped the anti a little bit, and instead of getting letters of references from any officers, two of them had to be my Company Commander, and my Battalion Commander.

The Intel Branch this last year had NO vacancies. So I went for a Hail Mary and selected the branch that had over 100 vacancies in California alone.

At the time I submitted my package I didn't request an age waiver (my Accessions NCO and me were simply crossing our fingers I'd slip through). So a few weeks before the selection board (at Fort Knox) met I got an e-mail (while I was deployed) and I had to compose an Age Waiver Request memo (it was accepted).

1) I was an E5 by then with the Army Achievement medal as my highest award and nearly three years on active orders.
3) I selected the MOS and Branch that the USAR is simply never ever going to be able to fill 100% and has high turn over.
4) When I got the age waiver I had just turned 42 after the board met, and was only asking for a few weeks of a waiver and not years and years.

I can say when I was in the system with a Master's degree I couldn't get selected for Intelligence Officer at the time they had 12 vacancies, but I could get in when they had over 100 vacancies.

I'm just saying at our age you need to stack the deck in your favor as much as you can. If they are giving bonuses for Physician Assistants I would jump all over that. It's an indicator there are a lot of positions open.

In fact I got a $10K no strings attached cash bonus for Logistical Officer. I wasn't even seeking it.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

The OP cant just jump all over being a PA. Its totally different from being a PT. That's like telling an accounting professional to go join up as an explosives engineer because they dont have accounting spots.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up and info. So far my recruiter doesn't seem too concerned with my age, for whatever that's worth. In terms of how they select applicants I'm in the dark. If it were simply education and experience then I'd be golden. If it's a matter of meeting minimum qualifications then age or some other intangible I have no advantages over other applicants.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 11-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Calguns Addict

PA is always in high depend because you need more of those. In our brigade it was like 8-10 Physician Assistants and 1 Physical Therapy person , every Batallion needs a PA but not a PT

This thread makes me want to consider joining the AF reserves tho , If I wasnt med dropped for Asthma & Army prior service I would so be back on it
3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

Old 12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If it's a matter of meeting minimum qualifications then age or some other intangible I have no advantages over other applicants.
That's all it is. It's check the boxes for what slot you are filling. All that extra experience you bring means nothing if the specific vacancy doesn't require it, and there isn't a box to check to indicate that you have that extra experience.
Old 12-20-2014, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRN View Post
Across the board in the Army, expect Death by PowerPoint, APFT every 90-180 days, Weapons Qual twice a year, lazy sh*tbags, overly motivated soldiers, LTs that don't know what they are doing, police calls, waking up early, and a host of other things.
You forgot idiot NCOs and officers with useless degrees who are only there because its better than the only other thing they'd be qualified for in the real world- flipping burgers. Otherwise, very accurate list.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

I Hate California.
Old 12-20-2014, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well, I met with a medical recruiter. The meeting did not go well in my opinion. The person I met with was not prepared, less than professional, and did not really have much info for me. I would be happy to give more details in a pm if someone wants. Perhaps there are recruiters on here who can help.
If you join the military, that is something you will have to get used to

Ultimately, they are all government employees so working hard for a bonus is replaced by 'they better not touch my retirement benefits' mentality. This is probably the only place in the world where I am for gov pensions but still, a lot of lifers Ive met are complete POSs who do not deserve them. AKA people who never deploy, get profiles to avoid PT, do other dishonorable ****...etc.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

I Hate California.
Old 12-26-2014, 2:37 PM

Good luck with your potential selection in Feb! As Danny mentioned on pg 1, there is another option for individuals who can't make the age requirements. The CSMR will take enlisted or officer applicants, prior service or not. It is not the big Army, USAR or the NG, but it scratches the itch for many people. We only deploy inside the state, and primarily when the Guard gets called up (Title 10).
Old 12-26-2014, 4:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCobraManTim View Post
Good luck with your potential selection in Feb! As Danny mentioned on pg 1, there is another option for individuals who can't make the age requirements. The CSMR will take enlisted or officer applicants, prior service or not. It is not the big Army, USAR or the NG, but it scratches the itch for many people. We only deploy inside the state, and primarily when the Guard gets called up (Title 10).
Thank you. I will definitely keep it in mind if things don't go my way in February.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 02-04-2015, 4:36 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all. Here's the latest update. I am in the final stages of making sure I have all of the required info on my application packet before we submit it for review. For anyone contemplating going through this be prepared to list three professional references and three character references, along with three written letters of reference, oh, and every piece of paper that pertains to your professional career! We're getting close so hopefully I'll have good news in a month or so.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 02-12-2015, 6:46 PM
Veteran Member

New update for anyone that is following this. I had an interview recently with 2 senior PTs. There are 20 applicants for 2 spots. For anyone who thinks you can just walk into a recruiter and get signed up for this job, think again. It would be a bummer for me to turned down after all of the waiting and anticipation. So far I'm hopeful.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 02-14-2015, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRN View Post
It depends, how old are you? The age limit is 34 at the moment. Honestly, I would recommend you go Active Duty or Army National Guard. I'm currently a reservist, and I hate it. The Army Reserves is the lowest on the military totem pole, we get the oldest beat up gear, and the least funding. If I could do it all over, I would be active duty.

That aside, if you go through with either the NG or AR, you'll go to Basic and AIT which will range anywhere between 4 months to 1 year depending on your MOS. You'll be working one weekend a month, typically saturday and sunday, although some drills depending on your unit, may include a friday. You also have the yearly 2-3 week Annual Training.

During Basic Training expect a lot of yelling, physical activity, lack of sleep, buddy f**ckers, and no privacy.

Generally when you get back to your unit everything, it will be very relaxed, , random details, pretty much doing nothing.

Across the board in the Army, expect Death by PowerPoint, APFT every 90-180 days, Weapons Qual twice a year, lazy sh*tbags, overly motivated soldiers, LTs that don't know what they are doing, police calls, waking up early, and a host of other things.
Damn and I thought the Guard is lowest on the military totem pole.
Old 03-26-2015, 6:57 PM
Veteran Member

Ok. Looks like last update for a while. I went to MEPS 2 days ago and did my over 40 physical. The doc thought I was in excellent condition. Unfortunately, I found out today that we missed the PT board review, by a month!!! My recruiter is the worst! Today he said, "yeah, didn't i tell you? We missed it". WTF!? I have been sending him forms and records for months, literally months. And we miss the deadline? Now I have to wait until next February since the PT board only meets once a year. I am so frustrated and disappointed!! The only silver lining is that my application will be relatively complete for next year. 10 months and counting.....

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 03-28-2015, 1:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, I found out today that we missed the PT board review, by a month!!! ........... The only silver lining is that my application will be relatively complete for next year. 10 months and counting.....
Sorry, I'm going to laugh. HAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

Last September I was selected for Direct Commission, and I'm still waiting for my medical exam to clear. I've driven back and forth to Travis AFB enough times I've literally put 1,000 miles on my car. All this because the Army keeps coming back with more stuff to do, or asking for redundant information, or asking for assessments that can be made within the medical information I've already submitted to them.

At this point, I'm officially now past my deadline, and expect to have the rug entirely pulled out from under me. However, I've not been "disqualified" yet at this time. So I continue to play the game.

So they are still leading me around by a leash, and I could have had this nonsense done 4 months ago, and already through BOLC by now.

It's really a crap shoot. The process is so long, and convoluted you have no idea where the incompetence is going to plague your process. It doesn't take much to completely derail your efforts.

Keep pushing until you are told explicitly you are disqualified by those with authorization to make such an assessment.
Old 03-28-2015, 3:16 AM
Veteran Member

Hopefully that's a laugh of frustration and solidarity, not at my misfortune. I certainly feel your pain. I intend to keep working at it, getting my letters of recommendation ready now, finishing up my labs, etc. To add to what is likely to be a huge cluster F, my recruiter is leaving in July and will be handing my case over to the new guy, which does not sound reassuring at all!

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 03-28-2015, 3:54 AM

Thanks for posting about this. I have wanted to join for years but some life events have kept me from chasing a dream. Today at 34yrs I went to the Army National Guard to sign up and get the ball rolling. I take the asvab next Monday and have a couple of hurdles to overcome in the process but your thread is in an inspiration to go for it until I'm in or until they tell me to pound sand.
Old 03-28-2015, 4:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8ality View Post
Thanks for posting about this. I have wanted to join for years but some life events have kept me from chasing a dream. Today at 34yrs I went to the Army National Guard to sign up and get the ball rolling. I take the asvab next Monday and have a couple of hurdles to overcome in the process but your thread is in an inspiration to go for it until I'm in or until they tell me to pound sand.
Thank you for the words of support. I originally started this thread to get info. After searching around and getting no helpful information about the application process I figured I'd post about my experience. I'm glad it was useful. Keep at it, definitely don't give up. I think you have to have that outlook otherwise the ineptitude will wear you out. Keep after your recruiter and hold them to deadlines. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say. For example, it took 2 emails and 2 phone calls just to get the address for MEPS to go take my physical.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 03-28-2015, 5:06 PM

Hang tough Guy - as recruiting is really a beaurucratic jumble of constantly changing requirements, especially with Sequestration and draw down.

Keep your dream alive and be persistent and work the system to your advantage! Hope to see you with those gold bars soon!!
Old 03-28-2015, 5:19 PM

Dude if you can get in, go for it. Sure hope that if its your goal, it can be met.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hopefully that's a laugh of frustration and solidarity, not at my misfortune. !!!!!!
We're in the same boat, and that being the bureaucracy. It’s been three weeks since my last submission when two months ago it should have been finalized.

I have literally jumped through all the other hoops. All one doctor has to say is "yes, everything is medically in order".

My limbo status has cost me going to Warrior Leadership Course (WLC), which if I had done I would be a Staff SGT “RIGHT NOW”. I would also be able to submit a Warrant Officer package. I would have been able to come back on orders and work an Intel mission as the NCOIC (which would have locked in my GI Bill to 100% benefits).

Now, at this point, I’m going back into the civilian sector, and I wont be able to take time off to go to WLC which creates a whole adverse domino effect of NCO promotions, and Warrant Officer opportunities.

It’s all or nothing at this point.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:14 PM

Sounds like there are alot of us in the same boat....push forward men! Perseverance pays off!!
Old 03-30-2015, 7:47 PM

AregularGuy don't mean to thread jack but it's kinda along the same lines of what we have been discussing here.

Is it any more difficult to get into the Army Guard vs. Air Guard? Are the requirements all the same as far as background, medical, physical? I know the age limits have recently been changed but I'm talking about all of the other hurdles that you have to jump through.

The second part of that question is which one is better? I have dreamed of being a Air force PJ or combat controller forever but I remember reading somewhere that the age cutoff is 28...dream is long gone. That's why I talked with the army recruiter because I can still go for jump school, Ranger school, whatever else I can beat myself up over.
Old 03-31-2015, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

@Snoopy47, you've definitely gotten shafted whose than me and I certainly appreciate your dedication and tenacity. I also appreciate the encouragement of the rest of the posters here. My labs are finally done and I will continue to get my packet complete and ready for the next go 'round. I am more determined than ever to make this work. It's funny, when I tell friends and coworkers what I'm trying to do they don't get it. I've got a decent job, income, benefits so I am not doing this for any of those reasons. In fact, I never even discussed the topics with my recruiter. Maybe that's a mistake but I'll get what I'll get and I'm not too concerned about the pay, etc. Maybe it's naiveté but I'd be proud just to do my part and serve my country and the folks that defend it. Thanks again to all for the kind words.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 04-07-2015, 6:31 PM

Ok just got a 79 on my AFQT...I asked to take it again and the guy giving the test looked at me like I was crazy? Whattaya think should I try it again? What's and normal score?
Old 04-07-2015, 7:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8ality View Post
Ok just got a 79 on my AFQT...I asked to take it again and the guy giving the test looked at me like I was crazy? Whattaya think should I try it again? What's and normal score?
I'm no expert on this but a 79 on this test is not a 79%. The AFQT is a grouping of subtests from different areas of the ASVAB. It means you scored higher than 79% of the people taking the test in the comparative sample. To go from category II to cat I you'd have to score a 93 or above. I'd say you did fairly well.

http://official-asvab.com/understand_coun.htm

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 04-07-2015, 7:39 PM

So I wonder if I should try for the air force before the army national guard
Old 04-07-2015, 8:20 PM

Seems like 39 is the mnimum and you need 50 plus to get certain financials incentives. Think UR good
Old 09-18-2015, 9:32 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all. The latest update is my packet is complete and will be submitted for review on 10/31 of this year, not February 2016, thankfully. I will hear a yea or nay within 1 week after that. All-in-all, from start to completion, my packet took over 1 year to prepare, sheesh! 6 weeks to go, and counting! Thanks to all for the feedback.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 09-20-2015, 9:55 AM
Veteran Member

I spent 9 months trying to get a packet in, only to be forced to enlist with the age change.

Had I just enlisted off the bat I would have had 9 additional months in service, and commissioned a year sooner.

The trade off is TIME, the risk is enlisting and not getting commissioned and then stuck for the remainder of the contract.
Old 01-16-2016, 4:53 AM
Veteran Member

I'm a bit late on the most recent update, but I'm not sure anyone cares anyway. October came and went. That was when the board for my specialty was supposed to meet. I was told I would hear back in 1 week from the meeting. Well, I waited a month, contacted my recruiter, got no response. I contacted her again and my email bounced back. That got me nervous as there could be any number of reasons that might happen. My first thought was that she was somehow gone and I was left in limbo. I called and spoke with another sergeant who told me the board meeting had been pushed back to the original February date and that he was sorry no one had notified me . So now I am waiting, again, for the end of February to arrive. I'll post again when I hear more. Thanks for your time and interest.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member

Last edited by AregularGuy; 01-16-2016 at 4:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-29-2016, 9:04 PM

Do you have another update? I submitted my packet towards the end of December and no word yet. I intend to contact my recruiter soon to see if he has any news since the selection in Feb. Just curious to see if you've heard anything...
Old 02-29-2016, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri212 View Post
Do you have another update? I submitted my packet towards the end of December and no word yet. I intend to contact my recruiter soon to see if he has any news since the selection in Feb. Just curious to see if you've heard anything...
Hi. Thanks for checking in. According to my recruiter, as of last week, my packet was being reviewed (finally!) By a committee and I should hear something in a week or two. Keep checking in with your recruiter. It took mine 3 weeks to get back to me just to confirm we had all of the necessary paperwork. Good luck and I will update as soon as I hear anything.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member