Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 7:47 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm kind'a an old guy... 58

Had many'a GF's...

Some like to go and learn, some NO interest at all.

If they not interested, I learned to leave them alone... and if they are interested... then they can go with.

It's my hobby, they have to trust me if they want to go with me.

Don't push her... she has to want to go and she has to trust you that you will be sure she is safe.

One thing is I never let any female sway my interest in guns.

They don't like it, they don't like it... nothing I can do about their fears or dislikes.

Same in turn... there is NOTHING they can to do make me NOT enjoy/love my hobby/lifestyle.

Don't be a mamby-pamby

It's just really that simple
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 02-09-2014, 7:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywhuh86 View Post
So... can anyone pitch me a line that might work?
Threaten to withhold sex, that should do it
Old 02-09-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
Threaten to withhold sex, that should do it
LOL
Old 03-16-2014, 1:56 PM

bump for update
Old 03-16-2014, 3:53 PM

Im cool to go with her, just hit me back when ya can
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM

That's awesome news on the update op. One thing I've learned after years of marriage myself, and friends asking me for relationship advice is that the dynamics of everyone's relationship is different. I've given advice that would have been totally solid for my relationship that completely backfired on my friends. So it's kind of like the "which gun should I get" question. At the end of the day you know your wife better than any of us and only you can really figure it out.

For example, my wife is a history buff. So I got got her a nice mosin and explained the history behind them, which she thought was really cool. Then once she shot it, she was hooked.

One thing that I think is probably almost universal is to not over do it pressuring her. My wife wasn't against shooting when I started, but she wasn't particularly interested either. I just invited her to go whenever I went and once she went to a few monthly shots with me she started to like it more and more. Then I scored big time with that mosin. But along the way, I just let her do whatever she wanted and have fun, without me harping on her or trying to coach her about grip, stance, whatever.

This past weekend some guy at the range let her shot his Remington 700 and now she is beyond hooked. She spent the next two days doing research to figure out what kind of precision rifle she's going to get. I even caught her drooling over a Barrett .50 cal. LOL.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

What is the NRA doing for YOU in YOUR local area? Click to find out.

"Be strong and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God. The Lord will do what is good in his sight" -2nd Samuel 10:12

Stop worrying about the zombie apocalypse, it ain't gonna happen. The moron apocalypse has already begun though.
Old 03-25-2014, 3:02 PM
Calguns Addict

In my lifetime I have had two types of wives. The one that shoots with me and the one that shoots at me.