Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like to help further the already ongoing improvement of the CRPA?
Yes! 5 62.50%
No. 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Banned

Default Would you like to be an active member?

No doubt the CRPA has made quite a bit of progress in the last two years. Are you interested in becoming an active member of the CRPA? You can contact the entire Board of Directors or discuss your ideas, even offer some constructive criticism, if need be.

www.CRPAreform.org

Last edited by greasemonkey; 11-27-2011 at 11:40 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 6:57 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am wondering whats the point of using a middleman when a member or non-member can just reach the office directly?

What is listed on the front page of the CRPA website.
If you have any questions and/or concerns please call (714) 992-2772 or e-mail us at contact@crpa.org

Or send a PM directly to CRPAgunner (Tony - CPA President) on CALGUNS or to one of the 23 other CRPA board members on CALGUNS.

Just to mention a few:

Calgunners BOARD MEMBER CITY COUNTY North or South
BIgCaliDave Shore Redding Shasta N
BWiese Wiese San Jose Santa Clara N
CRPAGunner Montanarella Corona Riverside S
Eric Mayer Mayer Los Angeles Los Angeles S
fastfinger Oey Los Angeles Los Angeles S
Hoffmang Hoffman Emerald Hills San Mateo N
JDBerger Berger San Leandro Alameda N
Kestryll Nordberg Reseda Los Angeles S
pennys dad Rascon Covina Los Angeles S
Steyrlp10 Smith Vallejo Solano N
Wildhawker Combs Clayton Contra Costa N

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 11-28-2011 at 7:09 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 8:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
I am wondering whats the point of using a middleman when a member or non-member can just reach the office directly?

What is listed on the front page of the CRPA website.
If you have any questions and/or concerns please call (714) 992-2772 or e-mail us at contact@crpa.org

Or send a PM directly to CRPAgunner (Tony - CPA President) on CALGUNS or to one of the 23 other CRPA board members on CALGUNS.

Just to mention a few:

Calgunners BOARD MEMBER CITY COUNTY North or South
BIgCaliDave Shore Redding Shasta N
BWiese Wiese San Jose Santa Clara N
CRPAGunner Montanarella Corona Riverside S
Eric Mayer Mayer Los Angeles Los Angeles S
fastfinger Oey Los Angeles Los Angeles S
Hoffmang Hoffman Emerald Hills San Mateo N
JDBerger Berger San Leandro Alameda N
Kestryll Nordberg Reseda Los Angeles S
pennys dad Rascon Covina Los Angeles S
Steyrlp10 Smith Vallejo Solano N
Wildhawker Combs Clayton Contra Costa N
You do realize that the BoD directory is confidential, right? While I don't really care myself, others might not want their residence-related info posted.

That said, why contact the office when you can simply contact all players? This ensures accountability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll
I am all for CRPA members having a direct line to the Board.

In fact I'll go one better than a third party web site, if you want to contact me as a member of the CRPA Board of Directors you can email me directly at:
paul.nordberg(at)calguns.net

I'll be the first to say I don't have all the answers but I can sure chase down those who do!

Any organization like the CRPA should be responsive to its members, it only serves to make the organization better.
crpa@crpareform.org forwards to the entire board of directors and E.D. No middleman, just an email forwarder. Why contact one board member when you can reach them all?

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-28-2011, 9:08 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
You do realize that the BoD directory is confidential, right? While I don't really care myself, others might not want their residence-related info posted.
As I recall this list was already posted here by either John, Tony, Gene or someone in a 2A thread.
This is not the first time this info has been posted.

That said I frankly think that the Board of Directors names and a brief bio should be posted on the CRPA site.
There is no reason for Directors to hide, if you want anonymity don't step in to the spot light.

crpa@crpareform.org forwards to the entire board of directors and E.D. No middleman, just an email forwarder. Why contact one board member when you can reach them all?

-Brandon
No offense but you're worried about posting the city in which some Directors live without permission but you're okay with setting up a third party emailer to send emails to people's private email addresses without permission?
I believe some Directors get CRPA Board related emails at work so the forwards will go to their work email without them being asked if that's okay.

Isn't that similar to a spam-bot?

You're on the Board, why not just help set up a .crpa.org email address for each Director and then a email forwarding address to those email addresses?
Something like 'tellthedirectors@crpa.org'?

That would let the members have a direct line and allow the Directors to determine where they want to receive the emails. at home, at work or on their phone, whatever.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 11-28-2011, 9:23 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

That said, why contact the office when you can simply contact all players? This ensures accountability.

-Brandon
The information I posted has already been made available on CALGUNS in pdf format and provided to me by the CRPA with the understanding that I would be making it public.

Accountability from an unapproved middleman is not accountability, I as a CRPA Board member never voted on, accepted via email, voice or other method of acknowledgment, engaged in open board discussion any acceptance of you or greasemonkey or others acting as a middleman to collect and distribute any member question, points of discussion, grievances or other such communications. It seems this should now be brought to the board for discussion.

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 11-28-2011 at 9:30 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
No doubt the CRPA has made quite a bit of progress in the last two years. Are you interested in becoming an active member of the CRPA? You can contact the entire Board of Directors or discuss your ideas, even offer some constructive criticism, if need be.

www.CRPAreform.org

Interesting project and website. Not sure what it's meant to achieve, but we are open to any mechanism to hear from our members..........We'll see how it works out.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

In fact I'll go one better than a third party web site, if you want to contact me as a member of the CRPA Board of Directors you can email me directly at:

I'll be the first to say I don't have all the answers but I can sure chase down those who do!

Any organization like the CRPA should be responsive to its members, it only serves to make the organization better.
I agree, Paul........Thanks !!

Quote:

-Brandon
We already have a mechanism, several actually, for members to provide us with feedback and input. This is the first I've heard or seen of this website. Had I not seen this, I would have deleted any fowarded messages as spam. Might be a good idea to let everyone who is on the email forward list aware of what this is and what to expect...........They are fellow board members afterall and it would be common courtesy to let them know what may be coming......
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPAGunner View Post
Interesting project and website. Not sure what it's meant to achieve, but we are open to any mechanism to hear from our members..........We'll see how it works out........

We already have a mechanism, several actually, for members to provide us with feedback and input. This is the first I've heard or seen of this website. Had I not seen this, I would have deleted any fowarded messages as spam. Might be a good idea to let everyone who is on the email forward list aware of what this is and what to expect...........They are fellow board members afterall and it would be common courtesy to let them know what may be coming......
I guess you and I have different perceptions of what "open to any mechanism to hear from our members" means as Gene, Brandon and myself have all had posts deleted addressed to yourself and other board members.

I also had trouble locating a place on the CRPA website that I could contact the whole board instead of sending an individual email to one board member, gambling on that board member being one of the 4+ year ones that 'understands how things work around here.' How is this any different than the NRA-ILA having a form for us to contact our representatives? If you have a better way for us peasant members to contact our CRPA's leadership, I'm certainly open to options.
Old 11-28-2011, 2:21 PM

Quote:
I guess you and I have different perceptions of what "open to any mechanism to hear from our members" means as Gene, Brandon and myself have all had posts deleted addressed to yourself and other board members.

I also had trouble locating a place on the CRPA website that I could contact the whole board instead of sending an individual email to one board member, gambling on that board member being one of the 4+ year ones that 'understands how things work around here.' How is this any different than the NRA-ILA having a form for us to contact our representatives? If you have a better way for us peasant members to contact our CRPA's leadership, I'm certainly open to options.
Usually I don't respond to posts that are dripping with sarcasm, unprofessionalism and derision. But I'll make an exception. As far as your posts that were deleted as well as Genes and Brandon's, I have no control over CGN or what posts get deleted etc. I will simply say this, if you want to send a member comment to the entire CRPA board, all you have to do is follow the procedure mentioned above and request that the e-mail be forwarded to the entire Board of Directors. And as far as gambling on whether a board member will get the e-mail or not, you are also gambling as to whether a board member will even open an e-mail from an unknown third party website. And nothing prevents you from sending a PM directly to me. As the Association president, you're going directly to the top of the food chain.

For any future posts, might I recommend that you try to be more professional, polite and drop the juvenile sarcasm.
Old 11-28-2011, 7:15 AM
Head Janitor

Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 11-28-2011, 7:27 AM
Banned

Thank you for making yourself available. I do have a question, if it's best to deal directly with CRPA, why is there a CRPA forum here on CGN?

Would you mind chasing someone down that has the answers to the questions I asked you and Ivan via email?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

Last edited by Kestryll; 11-28-2011 at 8:44 AM..
Old 11-28-2011, 8:56 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Thank you for making yourself available. I do have a question, if it's best to deal directly with CRPA, why is there a CRPA forum here on CGN?
LOL!! I'd like to say there is some diabolical reason for it or some behind the scenes plan or plot but I've never been good at being the 'man behind the curtain'.

This forum exists for a few reasons, the first is that the 'Clubs and Organizations' Category is for exactly what the title says. Any California non-profit shooting club or shooting/2A organization who requests a forum for their members is welcome.
Now if your group is for profit then we start talking about Vendor forums and I'll put you in touch with our marketing person, operators are standing by..

The second is a bit 'diabolical' I guess, when this forum was first set up CGN was quite a bit smaller and frankly it was my hope that we could tap in to the CRPA member base to grow our membership here on CGN. So yeah, this part was a bit self serving.

It may well be time to help CRPA set up a forum for it's members on their site, we'll have to look in to that.

Quote:
Would you mind chasing someone down that has the answers to the questions I asked you and Ivan via email?
That someone would be me, and as I get time I'll address your questions and others.
Old 11-28-2011, 7:21 AM
Banned

Because a coordinated group of people publicly asking questions of the leadership and procedures makes more of an impact than one person privately sending an email. That is, if enough people are even interested in engaging the CRPA. It was like herding cats to even get people to buy a $22 membership.

Remember how we coordinate groups to show up at events like City Council meetings and contact local officials when the State/Local leadership is not operating within the confines of the law or in the best interest of its constituents?

I think the CRPA has made some progress, I also think some of the necessary changes aren't going to take place from the top-down if people don't get involved or if valid discussion points are moderated out of existence.
Old 11-28-2011, 9:10 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Because a coordinated group of people publicly asking questions of the leadership and procedures makes more of an impact than one person privately sending an email.
Does this mean that if I were to send an email through your service my questions, comments, concerns or info will be publicly posted?
Old 11-28-2011, 9:22 AM
Banned

Nope, the Disqus function is the public discussion. The email portion, as I understand it, goes directly to all CRPA board members and is as private as any other email correspondence
Old 11-28-2011, 9:26 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Nope, the Disqus function is the public discussion. The email portion, as I understand it, goes directly to all CRPA board members and is as private as any other email correspondence
Okay, that's cool. The wording had me a little concerned.
Also I frankly thought the 'disquss' on the site was a typo!
Old 11-28-2011, 9:35 AM

Paul and Jacob have brought up some very critical issues that I really never considered about this website!! That's what I get for NOT being an 'IT' guy !!!

Seems this was entirely premature and there may be some legal issues also. Still needs some work before it's viable and anyone will pay attention to it..........
Old 11-28-2011, 9:46 AM

BTW........Your poll is pretty much wortless, WADR.....Who is gonna vote 'NO' ???!!!! LOL !!!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPAGunner View Post
BTW........Your poll is pretty much wortless, WADR.....Who is gonna vote 'NO' ???!!!! LOL !!!
It's a bit rhetorical, isn't it...
Old 11-28-2011, 2:01 PM

If you wish to contact the CRPA please e-mail us at contact@crpa.org, or click on our contact page listed at the top of www.crpa.org.

Feel free to e-mail us your questions, comments, and/or concerns and include your contact information. If you would like to contact a board member let us know who and your message will be forwarded to them. CRPA DOES NOT provide the personal information or personal e-mail addresses of the board to the public.

CRPA is NOT affiliated, nor do we have anything to do with the website CRPA REFORM. If you have any questions concerning the CRPA, please contact the CRPA directly.

If you have any questions please call us at (714) 992-2772 or (800) 305-2772, or send us an e-mail at contact@crpa.org.

The CRPA Website is still undergoing maintenance and is working on getting our contact forms back up.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Phone: 714-992-CRPA (2772)
Fax: 714-992-2996
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org