Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-21-2011, 11:41 PM

Default Yuba

As of 3:30 this afternoon, I became an official CCW permit holder. It was a long road but I finally arrived!

Yuba County, Sheriff Steven L. Durfor

Date of Application: 10/15/10

Date of Interview: 12/17/10

Date Permit Issued: 1/21/11

Fees Paid to S/O: $120 (be advised, fees in Yuba Co have since increased to $210)

Yuba County, under the authority of Sheriff Durfor, is "Shall Issue"-- defense of self and family is satisfactory "Good Cause".

I'm not sure what all this talk of "nachos" is about, but I did the Chinese buffet this evening. Now I gotta get a smaller/lighter pistol thats actually comfortable for my portly self to carry.

I've committed $10 a month to the CalGuns Foundation. Have you??? Join us and donate here!

Last edited by ErikTheRed; 01-22-2011 at 9:24 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 11:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congradulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
Its very rare LEO encounter some armed crazy who is going to kill them, but it happens enough to warrant their training....... And its rare to encounter LEO willing to lie, cheat and falsify testimony, but it happens enough to warrant invoking all your rights the second you are stopped.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 AM

I guess I'm just lucky I live in a county whose Sheriff respects our rights and understands the many advantages to the community by issuing law-abiding citizens the permit to carry a firearm. Now we just gotta keep working on those Sheriffs out there who still haven't figured it out.

I've committed $10 a month to the CalGuns Foundation. Have you??? Join us and donate here!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Congratulations on your CCW. Any restrictions other than courts and schools? I'm curious, I don't have one yet, letting the new Monterey County sheriff get his feet wet first.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 AM

Ooops, guess I posted in the wrong forum..... I never even noticed this sub-forum.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:59 AM

Johnthomas, there are no specific restrictions on my Yuba Co permit. All legislated statewide CCW restrictions and common sense "don't be an idiot" self-governance rules apply.

Also, give this a read:

Penal Code 626.9
(a) This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.
(l) This section does not apply to a duly appointed peace officer as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, a full-time paid peace officer of another state or the federal government who is carrying out official duties while in California, any person summoned by any of these officers to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace while he or she is actually engaged in assisting the officer, a member of the military forces of this state or of the United States who is engaged in the performance of his or her duties, a person holding a valid license to carry the firearm pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 12050) of Chapter 1 of Title 2 of Part 4, or an armored vehicle guard, engaged in the performance of his or her duties, as defined in subdivision (e) of Section 7521 of the Business and Professions Code.

As you can see in the bold type, CCW is exempt in state law. However, your county may vary, so check with your Sheriff or Chief of Police as he/she is the only authority who can specifically restrict CCW on school property.

Old 01-22-2011, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikTheRed View Post
Now I gotta get a smaller/lighter pistol thats actually comfortable for my portly self to carry.
Congrats... of course us fat guys have an edge when it comes to carrying... we can hide lots of things

Get a good holster/belt combo and you can hide just about anything. I generally carry a full size M&P45 in a tee shirt and shorts. Check out the Crossbreed Supertuck and get a good stiff belt. I actually holstered up just before leaving a range and one of the instructors watched me holster my gun and then was amazed that he couldn't see the gun that he just watched me put on.

It ain't hard to carry comfortably, just takes a lot of trial and error....and buying a box of holsters that you will never use again
Old 01-22-2011, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauga View Post

It ain't hard to carry comfortably, just takes a lot of trial and error....and buying a box of holsters that you will never use again
Welp, I'm already on my way filling that box. I bought a nylon belt holster at the Cal Expo show last year, I thought it would work great. It sucks. I'm thinking about a PF-9, as I'm more concerned with thin and light than any other dimension. Because of my extra heft, I have alot of blub hanging over the belt and it forces the grip of the pistol outwards if I carry it on the side. Small-of-back carry and pocket carry might be my only comfortable methods.

Old 01-25-2011, 9:29 AM

Someday, we should all meet up somewhere for holster-trading session. Might as well put them to better use than filling boxes.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikTheRed View Post
Welp, I'm already on my way filling that box. I bought a nylon belt holster at the Cal Expo show last year, I thought it would work great. It sucks. I'm thinking about a PF-9, as I'm more concerned with thin and light than any other dimension. Because of my extra heft, I have alot of blub hanging over the belt and it forces the grip of the pistol outwards if I carry it on the side. Small-of-back carry and pocket carry might be my only comfortable methods.
I carry between 3 and 4 o'clock, between the pockets. A good stiff belt and holster will suck that in so it blends with your dunlop. A loose tee shirt may show a little gut, but no gun. If you don't have a good stiff belt, you'll get some holster flop and you'll get to see some gun. There are some commercially made belts that do the job, I have a friend who does leather work, I just had him make me a good stiff belt.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knauga View Post
I carry between 3 and 4 o'clock, between the pockets. A good stiff belt and holster will suck that in so it blends with your dunlop. A loose tee shirt may show a little gut, but no gun. If you don't have a good stiff belt, you'll get some holster flop and you'll get to see some gun. There are some commercially made belts that do the job, I have a friend who does leather work, I just had him make me a good stiff belt.
Do a web search for "The Belt Man", he'll fix ya up with a jim dandy belt in short order.
Old 03-03-2011, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckyraider View Post
QUOTE FROM A DIFFERENT THREAD: Thanks will update when this runs its course. The girlfriend will be applying aswell. She has property in different counties. Sac/Lassen/Siskiyou/Placer. Which one would you recommend? And if being denied in Placer can appling elsewhere matter? She has nada zilch infractions or run ins.
So, this question came up with me again today at work... now I think I can see where it could fly. A customer of mine lives down here and won't even bother to apply in Placer cause of what he has seen happen to others where the app is denied for a few tickets... but there is an interesting bit with him.... He does most of his work in Yuba, and has property there as well. Since he spends most of his time there with clients, he even has his vehicle registered and his bank accounts addressed there cause he get's his mail faster if his wife and kids don't "lose" it. There is even power and internet at this other address cause he uses it as a base of operations for his work and even sleeps there sporadically throughout the month when he has late nights or early AM meetings out in the area. It could be easily stated that he spends far more time there than in Placer and with his semi-living there... it begs the question.... if he just changed the address on his driver license, could he call that his primary residence? He goes home to sleep where his family is whenever possible... but still is home far less than at work or the other property. During the summers... the whole family practically lives at this other property as well cause it's close to a lake and beautiful.

I figure it is worth a shot for him if this wouldn't be frowned on by the county being that Yuba is likely more friendly towards those with a few traffic tickets.
Old 11-17-2015, 2:43 PM

I see the last post was a few years ago. Does anyone have any information if "Self-Defense" is still Good Cause in Yuba County?

When there's a bombing,
We blame the bomber.
When there's a drunk-driving accident
We blame the driver.
Why when there's a shooting,
Do we blame the gun?
Old 11-18-2015, 5:38 PM

I was told about 2 months ago that it still is
Old 05-17-2016, 2:58 PM

Default Yuba

Hello all I wanted to know what the process is like to get a CCW in Yuba county. I am moving from Solano County by the end of June. I'm in the process for Solano county but I haven't taken the training class yet. I know some counties have you take the coarse before you apply or turn in your application, is that the case in Yuba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2016, 10:03 AM

I myself is planning to move out of the Bay Area and Marysville is my first choice to move. I want to know whether this is a shall issue, and also if self defense is a good enough reason. Carrylaws.net has no information whatsoever about Yuba county.
Old 07-02-2016, 1:16 PM

Yuba County is probably one of the easiest counties to get a permit (as long as you don't have any criminal history). I just received mine a couple weeks ago. It took 10 weeks from the date of application and fingerprint to the date I picked up my permit. Self Defense is considered good cause in Yuba County. Good Luck!

When there's a bombing,
We blame the bomber.
We blame the driver.
Do we blame the gun?

Last edited by BigCountry33; 07-02-2016 at 1:23 PM..
Old 07-02-2016, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_wood View Post
Hello all I wanted to know what the process is like to get a CCW in Yuba county. I am moving from Solano County by the end of June. I'm in the process for Solano county but I haven't taken the training class yet. I know some counties have you take the coarse before you apply or turn in your application, is that the case in Yuba?

That is not the case in Yuba County. The first thing you need to do is submit and application and fingerprints. At the time of the application it is a non-refundable $115. While you wait for your background check to come back is when you can take your class. Then the Sheriff's office will call to set up a time for interview if everything comes back OK. Then after your interview (probably will be with a CSO not the Sheriff) your information is sent to the Sheriff's desk. He will either sign or deny, then you will get a call on their decision. If you get the permit it is $90 to pick it up.

Process is outlined on the Yuba County Sheriff website
http://sheriff.co.yuba.ca.us/CCW.aspx

When there's a bombing,
We blame the bomber.
We blame the driver.
Do we blame the gun?
Old 07-02-2016, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry33 View Post
That is not the case in Yuba County. The first thing you need to do is submit and application and fingerprints. At the time of the application it is a non-refundable $115. While you wait for your background check to come back is when you can take your class. Then the Sheriff's office will call to set up a time for interview if everything comes back OK. Then after your interview (probably will be with a CSO not the Sheriff) your information is sent to the Sheriff's desk. He will either sign or deny, then you will get a call on their decision. If you get the permit it is $90 to pick it up.

Process is outlined on the Yuba County Sheriff website

http://sheriff.co.yuba.ca.us/CCW.aspx

Thank you! I love living in this county, way better than the Bay Area.