Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 04-05-2013, 5:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Apple Iphone 5: Pros vs Cons ?

Looks like my work is finally going to get rid of the Blackberry Bolds we currently have. Thank God...
Just got an email that we will be transitioning to the Iphone 5 in the next couple of months. What are the positives to these phones compared to what you had before. Also, is their anything you don't like about these and any quirky features I should be aware of?
Old 04-05-2013, 5:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Compared to what you have been using it will be a treat...
Old 04-05-2013, 5:33 PM

I have it and think its a POS, freezes all the time, drops the network constantly, and has a bunch of glitches.
Old 04-10-2013, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel86 View Post
I have it and think its a POS, freezes all the time, drops the network constantly, and has a bunch of glitches.
We bought 2 last year through Verizon, upgraded from iPhone 3. Calls are clear, very good service everywhere. Some of that may be the carrier. I think you need to take the phone back. Ours never crash, and the phone software is super easy to use for my wife.
Old 04-05-2013, 6:45 PM
Calguns Addict

It beats my old 3GS like a red headed step child. Haven't had any issues in the three months I've had it.
Old 04-05-2013, 6:48 PM
Calguns Addict

I wenT thru 3 IP5's
In 4 months
First

1st freezes
2nd go's back to home screen after 2 pushes
3rd always resets by itself

Waiting on 4th, lol
Old 04-06-2013, 9:42 AM

It's definitely an upgrade to the bold or a old 3GS. But it does not wow me or meet my expectations. It has more resolution but the small screen size kills it. It's a tad faster than the 4. What I like is the looks. If you have a choice, go android, and specifically the SAmsung s3 or a note 2
Old 04-06-2013, 9:56 AM

You'll love it. The plethora of apps and Apple's customer service (should you ever need it) make for a very potent combo.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

The 5S will be announced late June and be available in July so you may want to hold out. I buy the new one as soon as it comes out. Never had a problem with any of them. I'm a huge Apple fan. Some guys will always prefer Droids.

I built my last two PC's. But my next one will be an Apple. I have always been a big fan of their iPods, iPhones, and iPads. Both my kids each have their own iPad (4 year old and 1 year old) and their own iPod Touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Get a DILLON...
Old 04-10-2013, 5:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc View Post
I wenT thru 3 IP5's
In 4 months
First

1st freezes
2nd go's back to home screen after 2 pushes
3rd always resets by itself

Waiting on 4th, lol
Well it happened!

On my 4th
It would constantly be searching for service!!

IP5 bad luck
Old 04-10-2013, 5:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm holding out for the Galaxy S4:

My wife has an iPhone4 and for a while I thought the apple acolytes were right. Then I played with an S3 and it blows away the iPhone! The S4 is going to blow it away even more, full HD screen!

But since the OP is stuck with the iPhone, he better learn to love it. At least you have one feature that will never make it to Android: Camwow

Old 04-10-2013, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
I'm holding out for the Galaxy S4:

My wife has an iPhone4 and for a while I thought the apple acolytes were right. Then I played with an S3 and it blows away the iPhone! The S4 is going to blow it away even more, full HD screen!
I am as well. Contract went up a while ago on my Galaxy S4g and was ready to go for the S3 as it has converted many of my iPhan friends but I will hold off a month or so for the 4, it looks amazing!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

PRO: It's an iPhone
CON: It's an iPhone

People tend to love it or hate it simply due to brand myopia. I've gotten to the point where I think most of the higher end smartphones are pretty much the same. I've owned both Droids and iPhones extensively. iPhone reigns supreme in accessories and apps. Lately, I realized I don't use as many apps as I used to and all the major ones are on both platforms. I'll probably be switching back to a Droid with my next phone because I found a cheaper carrier and I really miss SWYPE. SWYPE is pretty much the major thing for Droid that I love. My fat fingers suck at typing on the iPhone's onscreen keypad. Also wouldn't mind a bigger screen. Overall though, I'd say iOS is much more solid and stable than Droid, but not enough so to make up for the 2 things I mentioned.

The one bonus that I'd miss though.. is getting a Magpul case. They don't make them for Droids. Love those Magpul cases.
Old 04-07-2013, 2:20 PM
Calguns Addict

I was a diehard Blackberry user until recently, kept my Blackberry bold forever until the battery started to die on me.

The first thing you'll miss, will be the mini-keyboard on the Blackberry. It takes a while to get used to using the touch screen to type emails and even then, you won't be able to do it as easily or quickly/accurately as you can with the Blackberry.

I now carry a Nokia Lumia 920, great phone with fantastic camera, just wish they can somehow incorporate the Blackberry keyboard on it.
Old 04-07-2013, 2:23 PM

never had a problem with mine, should be a great upgrade from the bold.
Old 04-07-2013, 2:26 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm constantly frustrated that its a little too long for my typing style. Other than that its amazing. Then again my last phone was a 5 year old flip phone Casio g'zone or whatever they're called.
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member
Old 04-08-2013, 5:42 PM

Pros: High-end technology & GUI.
Cons: Way over priced.
Old 04-08-2013, 5:52 PM

Iphones are great, theres a reason that they hold more of the market than any other phone.

I like mine because i already have a B&W Zepplin that was built for apple, i have an apple at home that syncs really well (aside from icloud being awesome for pushing pictures to my computer automatically, iPhoto is really nice), the head unit in my car was designed for apple, and the availability of accessories and apps is awesome. ive also noticed that a lot of phone pockets in bags and clothes seem to be fitted to the iphone.
Old 04-09-2013, 9:14 PM

Have one, love it. I recently jailbroke it, first time doing so and I have to say that I wish I would have done it on my old ip4
Old 04-09-2013, 9:49 PM

I have a Galaxy S3 for my personal phone and a Iphone 5 the company gave me to use.

I feel my S3 blows the iphone away in most ways. I dont see what all the hype is about them.."its ok" overall - but it is slower, small screen ,glitchy as all get out.. , hard to do anything on it as compared to the ease of use with the android..

you will like it probably, but its not all that as far as I can see..
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 PM

I have an iPhone 5 and love it compared to the crappy android phones out there. I'm sorry, but iOS is more stable, fluid, and intuitive than android. I looked at the samsung s3 before picking up the 5, it felt cheap and plasticky (have you seen the drop tests between the two, the samsung breaks into many pieces). Plus, you don't look like a moron holding up a giant phone that looks like a tablet up to your ear (not that you should care what others think but it does look silly).
Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

It appears it will get you the ladies
http://thingswomenwant.com/iphone-5-get-you-laid/
Old 04-10-2013, 3:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Cons:
No physical keyboard.
Less efficient than any Android, as Androids have a menu button, and back button... every app.
(updates will remove jailbreak? so you have to do it again, every update?)
High price for secondary warranty (Applecare 2 year, but no MFR full 1 year warranty)?
No easy cli access?
Cannot remove battery if it is getting hot, and about to explode?
No battery hot-swap with a fresh one sitting on a charger that you only paid $16 for OEM AND charger together...
Proprietary cables compared to the "industry standard" MicroUSB.
Expensive backup cables compared to the "industry standard" MicroUSB.
The expensive proprietary cable doesn't work with any other hardware, but apple's iPhone 5.
No backward cable compatibility with all the cables you might have for prior iPhones without an adapter?
Nobody but iPhone 5 owners will have a charge cable if you forget yours...
All made under the Apple name, so they can charge what they want for it with ZERO competition?
(Can't find a cheap replacement on eBay? )
You have to install a huge proprietary software package running like 6 background services, then run said software to pull and push files on it(, and still can't use it as a drive too? One program to rule them all...)
Extra ads viewable only in Safari that you would not normally see.
Inability to save stuff where you want on card, or device?
You can't backup as-is state, or restore in less than 10 minutes to an as-was-state if something goes wonkie.
(No easy app backup and app data, or easy sideloading of apps?)
They will just release the S version just after you buy it, then the GSI123456 version 1 year later, then another a year after that... and so on.
Harder to install open source replacement OS if you don't like what you have.
One button. :/
Even with location services turned off they just cache, and update when you need to turn them back on, and update then. (i.e. let Apple track you more than google does... but can't pull the battery to stop the tracking if need-be.)
You have to give Apple your real name for iCloud to function, and for Applecare account (more in Apple's marketing databases, hardware and software)?
If you factory it to use it as a one-trick pony (think dash-cam), nobody has been able to tell me about activation without a dataplan (re-purpose) after you get a new one... nobody seems to know (I have asked here like 3 times).
They went FROM a sleek tapered design TO a box, when the trend (everybody-else) is to doing the opposite.
Less control of your own device.

Pro:
Simpleton inefficient non-customizable interface?
No way to access most used apps on all homescreens(?)
Less uninstallable preinstalled bloatware.
Zombie-ignorance indoctrination into thinking inefficient interfaces are better?

Enough typing for me, CONS-hits just kept coming...

Last edited by the86d; 04-10-2013 at 4:42 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Cons:
No physical keyboard.
Less efficient than any Android, as Androids have a menu button, and back button... every app.
(updates will remove jailbreak? so you have to do it again, every update?)
High price for secondary warranty (Applecare 2 year, but no MFR full 1 year warranty)?
No easy cli access?
Cannot remove battery if it is getting hot, and about to explode?
No battery hot-swap with a fresh one sitting on a charger that you only paid $16 for OEM AND charger together...
Proprietary cables compared to the "industry standard" MicroUSB.
Expensive backup cables compared to the "industry standard" MicroUSB.
The expensive proprietary cable doesn't work with any other hardware, but apple's iPhone 5.
No backward cable compatibility with all the cables you might have for prior iPhones without an adapter?
Nobody but iPhone 5 owners will have a charge cable if you forget yours...
All made under the Apple name, so they can charge what they want for it with ZERO competition?
(Can't find a cheap replacement on eBay? )
You have to install a huge proprietary software package running like 6 background services, then run said software to pull and push files on it(, and still can't use it as a drive too? One program to rule them all...)
Extra ads viewable only in Safari that you would not normally see.
Inability to save stuff where you want on card, or device?
You can't backup as-is state, or restore in less than 10 minutes to an as-was-state if something goes wonkie.
(No easy app backup and app data, or easy sideloading of apps?)
They will just release the S version just after you buy it, then the GSI123456 version 1 year later, then another a year after that... and so on.
Harder to install open source replacement OS if you don't like what you have.
One button. :/
Even with location services turned off they just cache, and update when you need to turn them back on, and update then. (i.e. let Apple track you more than google does... but can't pull the battery to stop the tracking if need-be.)
You have to give Apple your real name for iCloud to function, and for Applecare account (more in Apple's marketing databases, hardware and software)?
If you factory it to use it as a one-trick pony (think dash-cam), nobody has been able to tell me about activation without a dataplan (re-purpose) after you get a new one... nobody seems to know (I have asked here like 3 times).
They went FROM a sleek tapered design TO a box, when the trend (everybody-else) is to doing the opposite.

Pro:
Simpleton inefficient non-customizable interface?
No way to access most used apps on all homescreens(?)
Less uninstallable preinstalled bloatware.
Zombie-ignorance indoctrination into thinking inefficient interfaces are better?

Enough typing for me, CONS-hits just kept coming...
Wow, so much misinformation.

Just enjoy your iPhone 5 OP.
Old 04-11-2013, 9:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestAbe View Post

Then correct it... as much is opinion on function and drawbacks.

Call me out on this "misinformation" you are speaking of...

Last edited by the86d; 04-11-2013 at 9:13 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 3:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Since none of it has been countered, clearly it is regular-information.

Someone might have been misrepresenting their knowledge... (iPhruity-phanboi?)

Last edited by the86d; 04-13-2013 at 4:00 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Since none of it has been countered, clearly it is regular-information.

Someone might have been misrepresenting their knowledge... (iPhruity-phanboi?)
Wow, your knowledge of mobile technology is only surpassed by Rep. Diana DeGette’s understanding of high-capacity magazines. So let’s break down a few of the items you mentioned:

Quote:
“No physical keyboard”
Ummm, isn’t this true for almost every single smart-phone on the market?! Including the one probably in your possession. Anyway, physical keyboards were great...10 years ago.

Quote:
“High price for secondary warranty (Applecare 2 year, but no MFR full 1 year warranty)?”
Apple’s service is unsurpassed. You have a question or problem, you can simply walk into any Apple store and they’ll help you out quickly. Yes, buying Applecare costs money (like many things in life), but the service and no hassle help they provide is best in class. Good luck walking into an AT&T store or Best Buy with your android looking for help.

Quote:
“Cannot remove battery if it is getting hot, and about to explode?”
Seriously, you can actually tell when a battery is about to explode?! The iPhone 5 has better battery life than most competitors. If you need extremely long battery life, you can always buy a Mophie Juice Pack. I’ve used it on business trips and the battery life has been great.

Quote:
“Proprietary cables compared to the "industry standard" MicroUSB.”
Apple’s Lightning connector is faster than USB and, unlike USB, can be inserted with either face up….great when you are fumbling in the dark.

Quote:
“The expensive proprietary cable doesn't work with any other hardware, but apple's iPhone 5.”
Wrong again. It has and will continue to roll out across all product lines, e.g., iPad.

Quote:
“Nobody but iPhone 5 owners will have a charge cable if you forget yours...”
Considering that the iPhone 5 is THE best selling phone in the country I don’t think this is an issue. That way when the zombie apocalypse comes you’ll have easy access to millions upon millions of iPhone 5 charge cables to pick from your fellow walkers.

Quote:
“All made under the Apple name, so they can charge what they want for it with ZERO competition?”
Of course it’s made under the Apple name, they spent billions of dollars developing it. The fact that you obviously dislike Apple and use an android product means that there IS competition.

Quote:
“You have to install a huge proprietary software package running like 6 background services, then run said software to pull and push files on it.”
No, you don’t. It works perfect right out of the box, all you have to do is turn it on.

Quote:
“Extra ads viewable only in Safari that you would not normally see.”
The android operating system is owned by Google. You know how Google makes money, right? Yes, browser ads.

Quote:
“You can't backup as-is state, or restore in less than 10 minutes to an as-was-state if something goes wonkie.”
First of all, you probably won’t need to restore as the platform is extremely stable. However, I’ve once restored and it was a quick, simple, easy process. I also once restored my wife’s phone from a prior back-up easily and without hassle.

Quote:
“They will just release the S version just after you buy it, then the GSI123456 version 1 year later, then another a year after that... and so on.”
Isn’t this the natural progression of any business? Last I heard, Ford was no longer selling the Model T. The funny thing about your statement is that the android manufacturers release dozens of different models a year employing different versions of the android software. The android market is EXTREMELY fragmented. Think of an army with each soldier carrying a different caliber weapon…logistics will be a nightmare.

To each his own.
Old 04-11-2013, 9:15 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't care if other people have problems with their iPhone 5. I only care if *I* have problems with *my* iPhone 5. That said, I've never had problems with my iPhone 5.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

https://www.ocabj.net
Old 04-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Pros: iOS Doodle Jump is better than Android Doodle Jump.

Cons: iOS
Old 04-14-2013, 2:16 PM

I would like a iPhone if i can get it to run android 4.2 instead of ios. I think the hardware is great but software is garbage.
The biggest android competition is Samsung but their hardware is garbage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-14-2013, 6:59 PM
Calguns Addict

I love my Apple products(iPad2 and iPhone4). The iOS is stupid simple to use unlike my wife's Android which can be quite cumbersome YMMV. The iPhone5's extra 1" didn't excite me enough to upgrade though. Although I'm quite fond of the simplicity of the iPhone, the Samsung GS4 is looking mighty fine right now. Gonna try to hold off a few months longer and see what the next iPhone has to offer before finally upgrading.
Old 04-15-2013, 4:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Wow, your knowledge of mobile technology is only surpassed by Rep. Diana DeGette’s understanding of high-capacity magazines. So let’s break down a few of the items you mentioned:

Ummm, isn’t this true for almost every single smart-phone on the market?! Including the one probably in your possession. Anyway, physical keyboards were great...10 years ago.

Apple’s service is unsurpassed. You have a question or problem, you can simply walk into any Apple store and they’ll help you out quickly. Yes, buying Applecare costs money (like many things in life), but the service and no hassle help they provide is best in class. Good luck walking into an AT&T store or Best Buy with your android looking for help.

Seriously, you can actually tell when a battery is about to explode?! The iPhone 5 has better battery life than most competitors. If you need extremely long battery life, you can always buy a Mophie Juice Pack. I’ve used it on business trips and the battery life has been great.

Apple’s Lightning connector is faster than USB and, unlike USB, can be inserted with either face up….great when you are fumbling in the dark.

Wrong again. It has and will continue to roll out across all product lines, e.g., iPad.

Considering that the iPhone 5 is THE best selling phone in the country I don’t think this is an issue. That way when the zombie apocalypse comes you’ll have easy access to millions upon millions of iPhone 5 charge cables to pick from your fellow walkers.

Of course it’s made under the Apple name, they spent billions of dollars developing it. The fact that you obviously dislike Apple and use an android product means that there IS competition.

No, you don’t. It works perfect right out of the box, all you have to do is turn it on.

The android operating system is owned by Google. You know how Google makes money, right? Yes, browser ads.

First of all, you probably won’t need to restore as the platform is extremely stable. However, I’ve once restored and it was a quick, simple, easy process. I also once restored my wife’s phone from a prior back-up easily and without hassle.

Isn’t this the natural progression of any business? Last I heard, Ford was no longer selling the Model T. The funny thing about your statement is that the android manufacturers release dozens of different models a year employing different versions of the android software. The android market is EXTREMELY fragmented. Think of an army with each soldier carrying a different caliber weapon…logistics will be a nightmare.

To each his own.
Safari can show ads that do not appear on any other browser... if advertisers pay Apple.
Google can track anything they want under Jose Fuego, I don't put MY name in my google accounts...
Google does not require it for warranty.

Most people I know have had to either replace their iPhone (same model), or restore data on their iPhone.

You really didn't do so well at a rebuttal, just tried to defend Apple with no real working experience with (never used a rooted/custom-ROM?) Android .
i.e. Cable: I'll be better when apple comes out with more new devices? meh

Li-polymer is known for exploding...

I actually owned an OG iPhone and sure it was a fun "toy", but pretty-much useless compared to every one of the 9 Android devices that have been used daily (only 2 w/out a keyboard).
Anyone who runs a dedicated Linux box (non *buntu) knows why a keyboard has it's benefits, especially if you know what to do via a cli (those that have no use for a "|" character, or what it does probably don't know why anyone would need a k/board), apparently most iPhone users don't do much more than browse web pages, check e-mail, watch netflix/Hulu, possibly use it for tethering (between updates), & hit social network apps... Admittedly I do those too, but quite a bit more.

So everyone has still yet to answer: if you can factory one of the newer iPhones (any non-2g), can you activate it (without an active SIM), and then use it without a data plan on WiFi only?
I ran into issues with iTunes and the 2g version where it wanted to activate, but I didn't have AT&T service... I jailbroke it, then gave it away.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Safari can show ads that do not appear on any other browser... if advertisers pay Apple.
Google can track anything they want under Jose Fuego, I don't put MY name in my google accounts...
Google does not require it for warranty.

Most people I know have had to either replace their iPhone (same model), or restore data on their iPhone.

You really didn't do so well at a rebuttal, just tried to defend Apple with no real working experience with (never used a rooted/custom-ROM?) Android .
i.e. Cable: I'll be better when apple comes out with more new devices? meh

Li-polymer is known for exploding...

I actually owned an OG iPhone and sure it was a fun "toy", but pretty-much useless compared to every one of the 9 Android devices that have been used daily (only 2 w/out a keyboard).
Anyone who runs a dedicated Linux box (non *buntu) knows why a keyboard has it's benefits, especially if you know what to do via a cli (those that have no use for a "|" character, or what it does probably don't know why anyone would need a k/board), apparently most iPhone users don't do much more than browse web pages, check e-mail, watch netflix/Hulu, possibly use it for tethering (between updates), & hit social network apps... Admittedly I do those too, but quite a bit more.

So everyone has still yet to answer: if you can factory one of the newer iPhones (any non-2g), can you activate it (without an active SIM), and then use it without a data plan on WiFi only?
I ran into issues with iTunes and the 2g version where it wanted to activate, but I didn't have AT&T service... I jailbroke it, then gave it away.
You are thinking of iAds, which has nothing to do with Safari.

Also, new android devices come out all the time. And you can't always get the same software when you go from one to the next. The potential for different app stores exists. At least with the iPhone, you can plan ahead. You know how often something is coming up and can plan potential upgrades around it.

If you don't think google is collecting data from your phone (which Apple is not), I have a bridge to sell you.

And, might as well address a couple of the earlier points. Each iPhone comes with a one year limited warranty. The AppleCare plan also covers two incidents of accidental damage with a $49 fee (cheaper than any carriers' insurance).

And to whomever said that the next iphone will come out this summer: The iphone is always on a minimum of a one year cycle.
Old 04-15-2013, 5:28 AM

I have a 5 now. No problems yet after 4 months. But I still like the 4s more, it's a little more solid feeling.
Old 04-15-2013, 5:57 AM
Calguns Addict

My beer money job is selling phones for a major carrier.As of late Apples quality control has hit the pooper. I cant tell you why that is, but a lot of iPhones have come back because of problems.

Issues to look out for:
Failed power button-button either sticks or wont respond to inputs.
Battery problems- I processed a warrany replacement for an iPhone 5 which seems to have shipped with a junk battery. It would discharge 10% just sitting on a table without any activity in a 3 minute timeframe.

Beyond those two concerns, the iPhone ought to be OK.It helps that your office will replace it if theres any serious problems.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 04-15-2013, 6:31 AM
Calguns Addict

The86d;
I've turned an iPhone into basically an iPod touch, no data plan, no sim
Still works over wifi.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
The86d;
I've turned an iPhone into basically an iPod touch, no data plan, no sim
Still works over wifi.
I have done the same thing with several of my old model iPhones. The iPhone 5 is a nice phone. I wanted to go android but just couldn't get myself to like the OS.

There are tons of aftermarket cables for the new lightning cable. I have an adapter that converts micro USB to lightning and it works fine. It cost me $6 and will work with the millions of micro USB cables everyone else has.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 PM

iphone 5 would be perfect if i could run android on it. IOS is primitive. You can't even have widgets. . . .
Old 04-21-2013, 6:25 PM

Compared to a BB Bold it's the greatest thing since individually wrapped cheese slices.

At work they issued me a blackberry and after a while I gave it back so I could use my personal iPhone for work. I've had a iPhone since the second one and bought every iPhone from the 4th and onward. The OS isn't perfect but Android is far from perfect as well. (bought a Google Nexus 4 because I was android curious but haven't used it after my few months of using it)

If you're planning on buying iPhone accessories such as a dock, be aware the iPhone 5 uses the new smaller connector so a lot of older accessories may not work if they require use of the older 30 pin dock connector.

Pros - Simple to get things done, fast phone (the OS never lags), very intuitive, the newest apps tend to release iOS first if they are not releasing on multiple platforms at launch, best smartphone camera and never crashes (at least for me no app has ever crashed).

Cons - iOS innovations (the OS not hardware) have slowed lately. Not very customizable. (meaning default browser, mail client, calendar app, keyboard, etc. are by default the Apple products. You can load your own 3rd party versions, minus the keyboard, but they won't be the default app). Some things that the stock version of Android 4.2.2 does that I wish iOS would do while at the same time there are some things I wish the stock version of Android would do that iOS does.
Old 04-27-2013, 4:20 PM

Might want to look into the iCloud thing. I'm a huge fan. It doesn't look impressive but it is. When I put something into my calendar, all my device will show the appointment, and remind me at the same time. All my pictures are backup automatically. etc... but this is the most important thing: If I lost my iphone, I can get a new one, ( not necessarily same phone #), and restore it with my apple id. I will get all my calendar, notes, CONTACTS, and photo back, just like that. It backup to the cloud at night via wifi while I sleep. This is huge plus if this is your work phone.