Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 8:10 PM

Just got your Pm Musick. I am 100% dedicated to being there. I will pick you up.

edit: you got a ride, no worries! Good to meet you!

Last edited by AdamSD; 02-16-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 8:40 PM

I am in with a guest. I can meet at that target mentioned at 9am saturday. i will have room for two more if they want to hitch a ride from there.

i will bring one shovel, one rake, plastic bags and my own personal stuff like water and such.
Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
USPSA TY82278
IDPA A54426
Old 02-11-2013, 8:41 PM

I am in with a guest. I can meet at that target mentioned at 9am saturday. i will have room for two more if they want to hitch a ride from there. white, four door tacoma, 4wd.

i will bring one shovel, one rake, plastic bags and my own personal stuff like water and such.
Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
USPSA TY82278
IDPA A54426
Old 02-12-2013, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musick View Post
Roll call confirmation!

Who is still able to make it? I think we should meet at the Target parking lot on 5500 Grossmont Center Drive #1. We arrive at 0900 and leave at 0915. Exact spot will be determined soon. We will be heading South from there - I dont want anyone to have to backtrack, so if you are South of the mall, let me know and we can meet up somewhere along the way. The 'Spot' is about 35 min. from Target.

If you have room in your vehicle for another set of helping hands, let it be known. I think it would be really cool and fair that if you do carpool with someone with an open seat, you chip in for gas. I know I am willing to do so.

1. musick
2. sdnative13
3. randver (possible room for 2 el cajon residents)
3. candrews0480 (possible room for 1 san marcos, escondido, vista resident)
I'm still in for Sat. I can bring a canopy for shade if needed. So far I have some trash bags, a rake and trying to get my hands on some trash pickers. Will also bring my camera to document our clean up. Looking forward to this.
Old 02-12-2013, 3:08 PM

I'm still up for Sat. This is in La Mesa where we are meeting, right? How are we going to recognize the crowd?
Old 02-12-2013, 4:50 PM

I'm still in I was going to bring 1 person not sure if he will make it. But I have a f150 so room for 5 if persons in back dont mind limited leg room. also have shovel/rake/trash bags. I'm only a couple minutes away from target off 94 and 125. be there at 9am
Old 02-12-2013, 5:59 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightmd View Post
I'm still up for Sat. This is in La Mesa where we are meeting, right? How are we going to recognize the crowd?
Yes, La Mesa is the spot. 5500 Grossmont Center Drive #1.

I still need to take a look on Google Earth to find the exact area in the parking lot we will all meet, but it will be by the outskirts away from the mall itself and near an entrance to the lots.

Ill keep updating this thread when I have more details.

Not sure of a way to recognize everyone, but I will have on a straw hat and be arriving in a gold suburban.
Old 02-12-2013, 6:01 PM
CGSSA Associate

Glad to see so many enthusiastic individuals! I look forward to meeting you all!
Old 02-12-2013, 6:09 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdnative13 View Post
I'm sorry guys I cannot do the 16th. I feel like a complete idiot. For some reason I thought the 16th was Friday not Saturday. My kids have games on Saturday which is why I cannot go. I will however be out on Friday picking up brass and cleaning up at least one area I know of. Man I'm bummed. Once again sorry for having a brain fart.
No worries man, no one is obligated. Future events WILL follow - this is a guarantee! Keep an eye out on the SD section.
Old 02-12-2013, 6:18 PM
CGSSA Associate

Looking to carpool from Target or specific areas?

Look on post #32 on page 1 and PM those I have listed that have space available.
Old 02-12-2013, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Looking to carpool from Target or specific areas?

Look on post #32 on page 1 and PM those I have listed that have space available.

Did this. Asking Rmatt and Askrobert. Awaiting replies. Feel free to contact me by phone or text asap so that I can cancel with the person who doesn't get back to me before the other.

Either way, I'll wing it and jump in the back of a bed of something. I pay in cash and 9mm bullets.

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Last edited by AdamSD; 02-16-2013 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: removed cell number
Old 02-12-2013, 8:24 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSD View Post
Did this. Asking Rmatt and Askrobert. Awaiting replies.
Awesome! I hope we can all make it!
Old 02-12-2013, 8:40 PM

Will be riding with another member from target. He may be leaving early (brief shooting), so once we get out there and someone wishes to stay longer and has room for me on a return run to target, i'd be glad to ride back with them. If not, I'll do a round trip with him.

Things will run smoothly once we all get there and can chat and organize in real time. I in no way want to inconvenience anyone in anyway. So I will do what works the best for the truck drivers.

I'll pay in cash or ammo. Prefer cash.

Thanks for all the quick responses and ride offers. You guys rock.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by AdamSD; 02-16-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Not sure of a way to recognize everyone, but I will have on a straw hat and be arriving in a gold suburban.
I'll be wearing my Calguns shirt.
Old 02-13-2013, 7:27 AM

Hi, i'm new to the forum and I would like to help out and meet some fellow gun enthusiasts.

A friend, some shovels, rakes, trash bags and buckets are coming with me in a capable Toyota 4x4.

Count us in @ 0900.

Miguel.
Old 02-13-2013, 2:18 PM

Just fyi for everyone I reload, trade, barter used brass and although I am not asking anyone to pick it up for me if you finds spots with brass on the ground and no one else has use for it would be much appreciated if that info was passed onto me. Brass caliber does not matter. Thank you in advance and truly wish that the 16th was a Friday not Saturday so I could join you guys.
Old 02-13-2013, 4:59 PM

this is gonna be fun. I've got gloves, etc for myself... Bunt don't really have any rakes or anything like that.

Probably just gonna shoot some 12ga, and .22.... .223 is too expensive these days. Here's my question:

Are there any rules as to what kind of targets we can shoot (Steel, Paper, Clay Pigeons, etc..) ?

thanks~!
Old 02-13-2013, 5:37 PM

Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there because it's to painstaking to clean and most people just leave them. Even the "bio-degradable" clays take years and years to break down so you are left with bright orange pieces all over that don't go any until it's picked up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
Old 02-13-2013, 6:08 PM

I'm in for Saturday the 16th. Me and a friend. I have a small suv. We live in Chula Vista so can we meet somewhere closer to the cleanup spot? Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 6:35 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by candrews0480 View Post
Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there because it's to painstaking to clean and most people just leave them. Even the "bio-degradable" clays take years and years to break down so you are left with bright orange pieces all over that don't go any until it's picked up.
This sums it up well. I hope its obvious, but no electronic waste, appliances or anything flammable and/or explosive. It may not be specifically forbidden, but it is simply irresponsible IMO.

To emphasize, what ever you shoot, pack it out.
Old 02-13-2013, 7:36 PM

Quote:
I hope its obvious, but no electronic waste, appliances or anything flammable and/or explosive. It may not be specifically forbidden, but it is simply irresponsible IMO.

+1

Yes.....please no tannerite!!!

BK
Old 02-13-2013, 7:44 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
NO tannerite!!!

BK
Thanks BK. Hope you dont mind my revision.
Old 02-13-2013, 8:10 PM
CGSSA Associate

Thanks to all for your interest/commitment to the event. We will be rolling out to the location with more than 12 individuals and as a first time organizer, that is the max. I feel comfortable guiding. Pre/post cleanup pics will follow and stay tuned for another event in March.
Old 02-13-2013, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks BK. Hope you dont mind my revision.
LOL!! No problem. I don't need a wildfire, thanks.

BK
Old 02-14-2013, 8:10 AM
CGN Contributor

Does that mean I cant bring a MN M44 do to the fireball it makes? Lol
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randver View Post
Lol, i had to look this up. What fun!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrgtm8x2yuI
Old 02-14-2013, 4:35 PM

Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? I am bringing my 8 year old son out to shoot for the first time and have NO ammo. I have looked every place in a 15 mile radius of my house and can't find ANY! If there anyone can help me out please PM me and let me know. I will have cash in hand just let me know what you want for it. He is really excited to come out shooting with his Dad for the first time and I really don't want to disappoint him.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able or willing to help!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
Old 02-14-2013, 5:40 PM
CGSSA Associate

I have some 22 ammo, but I won't be going to this clean up.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...5#post27536285

Please protect me from the evil that I see, and the darkness that I cannot.----Rev.Johnson
Old 02-14-2013, 6:01 PM

Coming but not sure how late I can stay.
Old 02-14-2013, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks to all for your interest/commitment to the event. We will be rolling out to the location with more than 12 individuals and as a first time organizer, that is the max. I feel comfortable guiding. Pre/post cleanup pics will follow and stay tuned for another event in March.
More than twelve, or up to twelve? Still not 100% on plans for the weekend. How many people do you have confirmed?
Old 02-14-2013, 6:27 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNOS67 View Post
More than twelve, or up to twelve? Still not 100% on plans for the weekend. How many people do you have confirmed?
Everyone. All the rides will have multiple individuals.
Old 02-14-2013, 6:42 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? I am bringing my 8 year old son out to shoot for the first time and have NO ammo. I have looked every place in a 15 mile radius of my house and can't find ANY! If there anyone can help me out please PM me and let me know. I will have cash in hand just let me know what you want for it. He is really excited to come out shooting with his Dad for the first time and I really don't want to disappoint him.

Thats something Im looking to promote with my cleans - diversity. Men and women, old and young, fathers and sons...

I cant offer the # of rds. you are looking for, but will bring enough to fill up a mag or 2. No charge. I can also bring my Beeman R1 and plenty of pellets if you want to start with that since I will be cutting out early. May not be the real thing, but it is an awesome piece.

Let me know.
Old 02-14-2013, 7:27 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by randver View Post
Nagants are GTG....but only if you let me fire off a rd. or two

Looking to pick up my first after the hysteria subsides.
Old 02-14-2013, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Most targets are ok on BLM land... with that in mind just remember what ever you shoot you have to clean up. Paper and steel are usually not an issue but clays are too messy to clean up. The rangers in the area ask we don't shoot clays out there....
Thanks so much. That's pretty much what I was thinking. Better to stay on the Ranger's good side anyway.

Quote:
Looking for a little help here! Does anyone that is coming to the clean up have 100 or 200 rounds of .22lr they would be willing to sell me the day of the clean up? ...
I can spare 100 or so. PM me your name so I know who to ask for
Old 02-14-2013, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImYourSalt View Post
I can spare 100 or so. PM me your name so I know who to ask for
Should be easy enough to spot. He'll be the one with the REALLY excited 8 year old.
Old 02-14-2013, 9:21 PM

yes my boy will be very excited. He has been asking to go with me for a while now.
Old 02-14-2013, 9:26 PM

sounds good. this'll be fun
Old 02-14-2013, 9:37 PM

I am in !!! Can bring some 22lr as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-15-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:

This is really awesome. Wish i had some 22lr. by the wheelbarrow full to support. All i have is 9, 5.56, and 7.62. Really excited to have the yougsters join us. Really special. Someone get this guy some rounds!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSD View Post
This is really awesome. Wish i had some 22lr. by the wheelbarrow full to support. All i have is 9, 5.56, and 7.62. Really excited to have the yougsters join us. Really special. Someone get this guy some rounds!
Sadly all I have is 40 and 556