Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Looking to migrate from i-river T5 2GB to different mp3 player.

Does anyone have a favorite mp3 player that is decent?

I suspect that my i-river T5 is skipping SOME mp3s that are on it for some reason but all that are on it are mp3s, no OGGs, no FLACS.

I am just looking for a decent small, great battery life mp3 player that sounds great and plays all of the files I put on it, plus having over 2GB storage is a plus. prefer it to have darker colors and a clip but only as the last features I am looking for. It DOES need to have a LOCK slider and the following:
shuffle play, repeat, repeat once, volume, preset eq, like rock, jazz, voice etc.

Cost should be around $45 or less.

Anyone have a clip or zune or whatever else there is out there? I use it when I do yard work and run on my elliptical.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
Old 03-23-2013, 1:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have the sandisk clip. I like it. Have to remove the MPEG file properties so the music can play in the order I want it to.It feels a little bulky but frankly, I like having a tactile feel rather than a touchcreen Ala ipod
Old 03-23-2013, 1:53 PM
Calguns Addict

I have a Creative Zen player for many years, over 6 years I believe, it still work great and the battery still last a long time.

I only stopped using it this year because I got myself a Nokia Lumia 920 smartphone, and I now prefer to use a bluetooth headset when I'm on the elliptical machine or treadmill.

The newer Creative Zen has bluetooth support and FM radio functions too and they're petty cheap ($49.99):
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Style...s=Creative+zen
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

stilly, did you check if the mp3 file properties? i had a similar problem where some of the calgunners here enlightened me. i thought the player was skipping and it turns out the file properties where still there like album, song name, etc. so the mp3 wasn't following the file name when trying to play it in order even if i put something like "1a_" before the file name.

something worth checking out before you fork out $. I cleared all the file properties and then re-uploaded to my mp3 player and that fixed it. I just right clicked on the file(s) and go to details and then clicked on "remove properties and personal information"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly View Post

I suspect that my i-river T5 is skipping SOME mp3s that are on it for some reason but all that are on it are mp3s, no OGGs, no FLACS.
Old 03-25-2013, 5:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_revs View Post
stilly, did you check if the mp3 file properties? i had a similar problem where some of the calgunners here enlightened me. i thought the player was skipping and it turns out the file properties where still there like album, song name, etc. so the mp3 wasn't following the file name when trying to play it in order even if i put something like "1a_" before the file name.

something worth checking out before you fork out $. I cleared all the file properties and then re-uploaded to my mp3 player and that fixed it. I just right clicked on the file(s) and go to details and then clicked on "remove properties and personal information"
That is something worth doing.

I only suspect it at this time because when I plugged my iriver into my dvd player and chose USB for input I noticed that SOME files it said it could not play. But the Iriver just will play and play and play but later I am like, hey how have I never heard this song come up in the past month?

Are you referring to editing the tag or just properties? I was originally going to ask for a decent batch converter that could convert all songs to vbr and then back to cbr at 256 or what not and see if that made them all get corrected into usable files but that sounds weird and I did not want to confuse anyone... I will look into that though. Thanks.

Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...