Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-25-2024, 8:35 AM

Cool As I was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
I hate it when scuttlebutt turns out to be right. That's too bad. As a plankholder in the service, I would have liked to see it grow.

<<snipped>>

I'm glad you made your retirement. It was always a pleasure serving with you. Thank you for your long 10 years. Some of us do appreciate it. Rah!
Actually it sounds like Maritime will be working with CAL Maritime Academy (at least up north). Not sure what that means for the folks down south, but means the uniforms shouldn't change, and MARCOM will eek by - still within the CA Military Dept., but perhaps now under the Youth Academy side.

They actually just got a $60M ship to train on!

https://www.csum.edu/campus-news/2022/nsmv-2022.html

Waaay better than our $1M donation and refurbished USCG 47' MLB, hull #2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47-foot_Motor_Lifeboat
Old 01-30-2024, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho_Eater View Post
Congrats!

What is checked in the MEPS physical?
Thanks!

Honestly its pretty light. Just had to take my hoodie off for blood pressure, got my height and weight measured, talked to the captain and received his recommendation for service; in and out in about two hours.

Just make sure you don't fill out any of the paperwork with blue ink.. We use it in the finance/banking industry to easily distinguish originals from photocopies, but I guess that's not the case for the military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
Time for ascension orders is highly dynamic. Some people take 6 months; I've heard stories as high as 1.5 years.

It's just like once you're in: Hurry up and wait.
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll have plenty of time to prep for and crush the PFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCobraManTim View Post
It will / should come from a @CMD.CA.GOV email account, informing you of orders and what next steps are.

Once orders are cut - your Unit Senior Enlisted or Commanding Officer / XO or S1 Officer should be reaching out to you before you get ahold of them.
Alright cool. Sounds like the above waiting time will be the key factor here, but I haven't received anything in the junk folder either. Good to know they'll reach out beforehand! Would totally hate to have my career start off with an AWOL training weekend.

Thanks again y'all. Go Team Blaze!
Old 02-19-2024, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multicam Stan View Post
Thanks!

Honestly its pretty light. Just had to take my hoodie off for blood pressure, got my height and weight measured, talked to the captain and received his recommendation for service; in and out in about two hours.

Just make sure you don't fill out any of the paperwork with blue ink.. We use it in the finance/banking industry to easily distinguish originals from photocopies, but I guess that's not the case for the military.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like I'll have plenty of time to prep for and crush the PFT.

Alright cool. Sounds like the above waiting time will be the key factor here, but I haven't received anything in the junk folder either. Good to know they'll reach out beforehand! Would totally hate to have my career start off with an AWOL training weekend.

Thanks again y'all. Go Team Blaze!
Wait, there's a PFT now? There wasn't really one when I was in. Unless it was unit based?
Old 03-03-2024, 4:25 PM

So I'm sure most of you on this forum we're in on the all hands meeting last week with the new incoming commander of the CSG, COL Bender.

Thoughts on the uniform change?

I forgot when they said it was supposed to roll out, I believe sometime in the spring or summer right? Either way, I do feel this is going to negatively impact our recruiting and retention. Possibly in a very dramatic way.
Old 03-04-2024, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets View Post
So I'm sure most of you on this forum we're in on the all hands meeting last week with the new incoming commander of the CSG, COL Bender.

Thoughts on the uniform change?

I forgot when they said it was supposed to roll out, I believe sometime in the spring or summer right? Either way, I do feel this is going to negatively impact our recruiting and retention. Possibly in a very dramatic way.
I find it odd that the previous CSG commander was replaced immediately before this new uniform change was approved. Maybe he spoke out against it and either resigned or was replaced?

In any case, I think the new uniform is pretty lame.