Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 04-18-2009, 8:24 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.
Default Vista, San Marcos Sheriffs ?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there are any Sheriff officers who service Escondido/ Vista/ San Marcos here (maybe they're the same?).

In reality, any type of LEO- in uniform or with a visible badge (i.e. so it's obvious they're an officer) will work.

I am hoping to have an officer present while I have some work done on my property in a few weeks. Would be for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, I need to be a bit cryptic here because there is always the possibility the "other party" could find this thread.

I will be happy to discuss it openly via PM or email with an officer, of course.

Otherwise, if any LEO here knows if it's even possible to schedule something like this, I will happily take that advice in this thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2009, 9:09 AM

have you tried calling the sheriff's office to do this? If you feel you are in danger and need the sherrif present, call them.
Appearing in uniform, while not on duty for a cryptic reason is a no no...it opens up the officer and his department up for some potential problems.
Old 04-20-2009, 9:26 AM

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Thanks Doc...

I'm being cryptic in this thread for the reasons stated above... the reason I'm looking for someone to be there would be made readily apparent before anyone committed. I, of course, would not want to put someone in a position that would compromise themselves or their department etc. But with the all knowing and all powerful "Google", there is no reason to say too much in public.

I've emailed the Sheriff who responded to the first 911 call to ask his opinion but he has not gotten back to me. My next step is to go into or call the Sheriff's office and get their thoughts.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Hire an off duty, and pay them well.
Old 04-20-2009, 1:08 PM

Hmmm... Didn't think of that. Good idea.

What's "well"?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM

It's against SDSO policy. You'd be out of luck finding one.
Old 04-21-2009, 1:37 PM

Hi Rob,

What is against the SDSO policy? Them sitting at my house on-duty or me hiring an off-duty? Or both?
Old 04-22-2009, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsolo View Post
It's against SDSO policy. You'd be out of luck finding one.
My wife just spoke with a deputy at the sheriff's office and they said to call the morning the work is going to be done and they will be happy to come out to "preserve the peace" saying it's a normal thing for them to do. They will also talk with the other party to make sure they cooperate.

Didn't sound like it was against policy??
Old 04-22-2009, 9:45 AM

It is against policy to hire one. Most departments have strict policies against working off the clock in a security or LE type job.
Old 04-22-2009, 2:27 PM

Got it. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtbuck View Post
It is against policy to hire one. Most departments have strict policies against working off the clock in a security or LE type job.
In that vein though, if nothing else works, you could call a security company like Off Duty Officers and see if they could provide the service you were looking for. I know that they do security at the local movieplex near my home, usually only for big premieres (they were out on opening weekend for Iron Man and Dark Knight, for example), so while not specifically being on duty, they are LEOs, and could "persuade" an antagonistic party that their energy would be better spent going through legal channels before things escalate to the point where an on duty LEOs presence would be required.

In your case, the point seems moot as SDSO has already provided the necessary information to have a deputy present to keep things peaceful.
Old 04-26-2009, 5:16 PM

Default Keeping the peace since 1850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
My wife just spoke with a deputy at the sheriff's office and they said to call the morning the work is going to be done and they will be happy to come out to "preserve the peace" saying it's a normal thing for them to do. They will also talk with the other party to make sure they cooperate.

Didn't sound like it was against policy??
That's SDSO motto, so I guess it stands to reason.
Old 04-30-2009, 7:34 AM

Just an update for anyone in the same position: We called the Sheriff's office in the AM and they had two cars come to our house in about an hour. Coincidentally, both Sheriff's who showed up were the ones who responded to the first 911 call.

They spoke to the neighbor just to make sure everything was cool.

Thanks to those who serve.