Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions > CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGN's Best Threads (Limited Posting) This forum is for storing and or easy accessing useful or important threads.

Old 01-30-2008, 9:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point

I fully, agree, shouldnt we elect someone to take this on?

necro-posting is bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 01-30-2008, 9:43 AM

I kind of dropped the ball on this one. I would still like to do it, but I'll need some help.

If anyone would like to help get this going, I'd really love to see this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The more I think about this the less important it becomes.

Calguns and any related organization may have need of published docs from time to time. But paper news is stale esp with print/distribution lead times.

We want people joining the website for late-breaking news.

If you want free paperwork with outdated info, there are other local gun orgs for that.

It may be best for Calguns to have bulk biz cards printed up with Calguns website URL/logo and NRA / Calif NRA contact info as well, and maybe a coupla of the gun lawyers' contact #s on back of it. A stack of these cards would be in every gun shop, shooting range or gun-friendly business.

A larger printed sign promoting Calguns could also be posted on bulletin board areas or frequent-traffic areas of such businesses.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-30-2008, 5:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post

Calguns and any related organization may have need of published docs from time to time. But paper news is stale esp with print/distribution lead times.

If you want free paperwork with outdated info, there are other local gun orgs for that.

It may be best for Calguns to have bulk biz cards printed up with Calguns website URL/logo and NRA / Calif NRA contact info as well, and maybe a coupla of the gun lawyers' contact #s on back of it. A stack of these cards would be in every gun shop, shooting range or gun-friendly business.

A larger printed sign promoting Calguns could also be posted on bulletin board areas or frequent-traffic areas of such businesses.
Good idea.

I am amazed at the number of shooters(and vendors) that go to gun shows that have never heard of CalGuns. We need one of those banners to put on fences as folks come to the show. Maybe one of the vendors who advertise here could zip tie one up before a gun show. Or the NRA crew out front selling memberships. It certainly would help their business traffic and help promote this site. And we know the DOJ does not want this site to be known by the shooting public, let alone J.Q. Public. I wonder what they are so scared of?
Old 03-16-2008, 6:23 AM

I assume that the e-Newletter never made it off the ground? Bummer
Old 03-19-2008, 3:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It would also help if the most referenced, most remembered AR/AK informational section on the website were actually updated.

The whole front page of the website could be a LOT more user-friendly & splashy - I think that would make a much larger impact than anything we could do in print.

We have so many disparate resources, would be nice to pool them and the talent to make something definitive, glossy and of high quality on the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post

Old 03-24-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclaplinker View Post
It would also help if the most referenced, most remembered AR/AK informational section on the website were actually updated.

The whole front page of the website could be a LOT more user-friendly & splashy - I think that would make a much larger impact than anything we could do in print.

We have so many disparate resources, would be nice to pool them and the talent to make something definitive, glossy and of high quality on the site.
I agree with that!

But as far as getting the word out via business cards etc. How about a powerpoint that would tell the story of calguns and outline the victories thus far and the work still to be done. I think that a gun show promoter might give you some space to run a couple of workshops that could introduce folks to internet activisim. I have all the equipment to put on a workshop like that. (data projector, screen, mobile internet etc.)
Old 04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Calguns Addict

How about a precision rifle section also?