Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 6:23 AM
Veteran Member

Default Buy gun now at Turners and DROS later?

What is Turner's store rules or policy with doing this?

Basically there's a gun I want to buy now, however I won't be to DROS it until December. I recently bought a new handgun a couple of weeks ago, but then at the end of the month I'm DROS'ing another new handgun that I ordered and had shipped to a different FFL. Therefore, I wouldn't be able to DROS this until the 1st week of December.

I'm willing to pay in full for the gun now, but I just can't DROS it for almost 2 months. Will Turner's hold the gun for that long? Is there anything in their store policy that will say otherwise?
Old 10-12-2012, 6:42 AM

They'll take your money anytime you want to spend with them!
Old 10-12-2012, 7:14 AM

Call them and ask. Rancho Cucamonga and Chino Hills only do 30 day layaway. After that, it's manager approval. My experience.

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100
Old 10-12-2012, 8:02 AM

There are plenty of members here and customers who have guns especially handguns on a wait list that they have paid for. It has to do with the 1-30 rule but I don't see why you couldn't do it for your circumstance.
Old 10-12-2012, 8:16 AM

My brother and I both have done this. I'm sure it won't be a problem. Just let them know when you are able to start DROS
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 AM

I've done it, they'll be more than happy to take your money & hold the pistol for you. They have even let me make 2 monthly payments before paying a rifle off on the 3rd month. It really isn't a loss for them when they'd end up keeping 30% if someone we're to flake on a sale or fail the background check in the end. Now the real problem is this idiotic "1 pistol every 30 days" law infringing on our civil rights, but I won't go there.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

If htey're willing to have me pay for a gun they don't have in stock and keep my $$ interest free for 4 months (on 3 guns!), there's no reason they shouldn't hold a gun for you till you can DROS it.
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 10-12-2012, 3:41 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, just bought my gun from there and they said they could either sell me the display model or I can wait about 2-4 weeks for the next batch to come in and get a new one. I said I'd wait for the new batch since I can't DROS until Nov 30 or Dec 1 anyways.

I picked up the LC9 w/LaserMax they had on special, so I at least locked in that $349 sale price (only $410 OTD ).... normal 'sale' price I usually see in the weekly ads is $369 w/out laser and $429 w/laser. And since those always come in regularly, I can wait for the next batch and get a new & unmolested one (I'm not against a display model, but the grip on this one was a dirty & crusty along the seems from excessive handling).

They said they have no problem holding the gun until you're ready to DROS. They only asked that I paid for the gun in full within 30 days to secure it at that sale price.
Old 10-12-2012, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM44 View Post
Ok, just bought my gun from there and they said they could either sell me the display model or I can wait about 2-4 weeks for the next batch to come in and get a new one. I said I'd wait for the new batch since I can't DROS until Nov 30 or Dec 1 anyways.

I picked up the LC9 w/LaserMax they had on special, so I at least locked in that $349 sale price (only $410 OTD ).... normal 'sale' price I usually see in the weekly ads is $369 w/out laser and $429 w/laser. And since those always come in regularly, I can wait for the next batch and get a new & unmolested one (I'm not against a display model, but the grip on this one was a dirty & crusty along the seems from excessive handling).

They said they have no problem holding the gun until you're ready to DROS. They only asked that I paid for the gun in full within 30 days to secure it at that sale price.
I didn't think they were wanting the 60-90 day layaway anymore.

Glad it worked out!

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100
Old 10-12-2012, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Rattler View Post
I didn't think they were wanting the 60-90 day layaway anymore.

Glad it worked out!
They will try to work with people as much as they can past 30 but the 60-90 is no longer.
Old 10-14-2012, 9:19 AM

some store managers will extend longer layaway to customers who have done lots of good business...