Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

View Poll Results: ...
... 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Can I suggest (if not already suggested) that someone bring 2-3 of those big heavy plastic trash cans? I can bring heavy duty 30+ gallon trash bags. We are all going to need to pitch in and keep all of the trash cleaned up and hauled out when we leave. We may also want to think about separating any plastic and glass for recycling.....

Just a thought, i'm not volunteering to be the recycling guy....

Pelican Weapon Cases & Lights
Custom Foam Cutouts
Authorized Pelican Distributor / Reseller / Partner

pelicanarmory@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2010, 12:07 PM

Im bringing my CAR-15, my Govt 20 Ar-15 with cheapo 3-9x42 scope (please dont make fun of me ), my self-made AK, my first-ever purchased firearm- vintage 1988 ChiCom Norinco SKS, and maybe some handguns (glock 17, beretta 92fs ((second purchased firearm)), walther p99)

And my new baby- PSL-54C with 880 rounds of Eastern Bloc surplus. Need someone to help me zero it and i figgered that this was the place to be. Any takers?
Old 07-12-2010, 1:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbryder View Post
Can I suggest (if not already suggested) that someone bring 2-3 of those big heavy plastic trash cans? I can bring heavy duty 30+ gallon trash bags. We are all going to need to pitch in and keep all of the trash cleaned up and hauled out when we leave. We may also want to think about separating any plastic and glass for recycling.....

Just a thought, i'm not volunteering to be the recycling guy....
It would also be good if we had a good first aid kit handy for cuts & scrapes. Just thinking ahead.....

Anyone have a good first aid kit?

Custom Foam Cutouts

pelicanarmory@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2010, 1:31 PM

Is anyone bring a spotting scope or scopes?

It would be nice for those that are not shooting or taking a break from shooting to be able to "spot" for other shooters. I know it helps and its also "fun" to spot for others so that they know where their shots are going. It also helps for "zeroing" rifle scopes.

Custom Foam Cutouts

pelicanarmory@gmail.com
Old 07-12-2010, 1:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Is anyone bring a spotting scope or scopes?

It would be nice for those that are not shooting or taking a break from shooting to be able to "spot" for other shooters. I know it helps and its also "fun" to spot for others so that they know where their shots are going. It also helps for "zeroing" rifle scopes.
I'll bring my spotting scope. Not fancy but it works.
Also bringing my PSL. Also need to zero my scope!!!
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 07-12-2010, 1:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ill bring my spotting scope.
Interesting, I've got a PSL i've never fired, I'll bring it too.
WTB: LAPD Ithaca M37 / Other PD trade ins....
Old 07-12-2010, 2:03 PM

ITS A PSL PARTY!

54r is where its at, folks... with our PSL's, sitting on the top of the firearm pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser firearms...
Old 07-12-2010, 2:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by safaridave View Post
54r is where its at, folks... with our PSL's, sitting on the top of the firearm pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser firearms...
No, not really, gonna bring the Barrett too.
WTB: LAPD Ithaca M37 / Other PD trade ins....
Old 07-12-2010, 2:52 PM

It was an awesome dream while it lasted...
Old 07-12-2010, 3:21 PM

Anyone bringing an AR10 or anything of that sort, Im thinking of that as my next project and would love to one out for size. I will have my own .308 rounds with me just incase.
Old 07-12-2010, 4:06 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Important question.

Do we plan on cooking for a luncheon, dinner or both? I Think we should figure this out so that people can make arrangements for lunch if we are cooking for dinner and vise versa.

Any ideas??????

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton
Old 07-12-2010, 4:49 PM

We are just a few days away................

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

Last edited by mrlonewolf; 07-12-2010 at 4:52 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 5:01 PM
Calguns Addict

We'll probably bring sandwiches for lunch, then cookout for dinner.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 07-12-2010, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
We'll probably bring sandwiches for lunch, then cookout for dinner.
I second that, grilling over a hot BBQ in midday heat may promote dizziness on my part and you don't want me dizzy while handling my hardware.
Old 07-12-2010, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
Just a heads up, Saturday morning, I'll be setting up the shooting line. I have upside down paint, and florescent flags that will be going up, marking the point of no return. This will be ready before everybody shows up with the group though.
Thank you Guys...........

Ok fellows, Mr. Turboelky and Mr. mydogsmonkey kindly volunteered for a super early start, they will mark the firing line with paint and flags for us, at the same time they will greet and coordinate the caravan at the plateau access ramp.

The idea is simple, once at the plateau, please follow our fellow volunteer members instructions, they've been there before and they know what it takes to get up there.

We are expecting a pretty good size crowd so we must optimize the available space.

Please respect the firing line, it's for everyones safe.

Old 07-12-2010, 5:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlonewolf View Post
Important question.

Do we plan on cooking for a luncheon, dinner or both? I Think we should figure this out so that people can make arrangements for lunch if we are cooking for dinner and vise versa.

Any ideas??????
Once I settle in, my plan is to be as set as set can get...as I mentioned I'm not gonna travel light and I'm glad to share whatever I've got out there.

I'll probably have a small/medium sized grill, which should be in effect for both, just outside my EZ-Up (I'll be there to caravan in with the group on Saturday morning). My cousin will be happy to help man the grill in exchange for some shooting on my big boy toys.

At lunch, I'm planning on hot links/burgers with the salad type cold sides...at dinner, I'll probably just find something to fit in and supplement what's already on the menu courtesy of mrlonewolf, santa9monica and others.

Since it's my first CG shoot (and I'll be bringing 1 or 2 more FNG's with me), I'll chalk it to the "rookie brings the donuts" thing that I hear is the norm in sporting, LE, and many other circles.

Headed out to grab some supplies now, gonna build a couple of those pvc target holders that retired (I think) linked us to tonight.

BTW...anyone know where I might run to locally to look for a muzzle brake and some polymer mags for the AK47? I'm in City of La Habra, will drive a reasonable way to get em before the shoot.

ETA: To give an idea in terms of numbers on the food, I'm coming 1 or 2 other people and will probably be packing enough food to feed a good dozen or more. I'm gonna have the wife make something of her choosing in quantity for lunch or dessert, and I'll probably do a good 12-20 each of burgers/links with buns.

Last edited by CP562; 07-12-2010 at 5:36 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 5:38 PM

Linking some ammo, as we speak............

Old 07-12-2010, 5:41 PM
C3 Leader

Alright guys and gals,
I am placing the order for the Tshirts in just over 24 hours, and I am starting on them first thing Wednesday Morning.

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ORDER IS CORRECT HERE!

This will be the list I use to make them.
If you still need to order a shirt for yourself or a guest, you still have time, but please contact me asap! Thank you!

Andrew Mendez
Old 07-12-2010, 5:58 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpMan View Post
I'll be bringing some brownies; can't have too much chocolate.
Damn I was going to make some (just the normal type because I'm a good girl) since someone was already bringing out cookies...

In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.
Old 07-12-2010, 5:59 PM
Valar Dohaeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibanman View Post
Anyone bringing an AR10 or anything of that sort, Im thinking of that as my next project and would love to one out for size. I will have my own .308 rounds with me just incase.
I'll have my DPMS LR-308 out there, you're more than welcome to give it a try. Just look for the guy with purple-ish hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP562 View Post
BTW...anyone know where I might run to locally to look for a muzzle brake and some polymer mags for the AK47? I'm in City of La Habra, will drive a reasonable way to get em before the shoot.
I know OC Armory had a few in stock a couple weeks ago, give them a call to double check. Other likely suspects are Ammo Bros in Cerritos, T&A in Santa Ana, and Rifle Gear in Costa Mesa.

Big Ammo Sale!
Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

Last edited by Rekrab; 07-12-2010 at 6:01 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 6:01 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
I'm bringing some (avocado, so it burns for awhile), but go ahead and bring some too. Someone besides me already said they have a washing machine drum fire pit like I do and considering the size of the crowd, two of them will probably be a good thing. We'll need enough wood for both and since some are coming Friday, the more the better.
Okay I will go look for a some @ the costco by my house!
In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.
Old 07-12-2010, 6:02 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWMENDEZ View Post
Shirt order has been updated here!

If you would like a shirt, but have yet to order please do so ASAP. We are at about 33ish shirts ordered so far, and I will be making them Wednesday Morning!!!
You missed my order....

Med/ grey/ qty=1
Old 07-12-2010, 6:05 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP562 View Post
Beat me to it by an hour...that's my wife's specialty, I was just about to commit her to it.

I PM'd mrlonewolf when I knew i was coming, and told him that I'm not known for traveling light . I'll be raiding the market later on in the week, and will be bringing (more than likely way too much) foodstuffs and a couple large ice chests of various drinks and beverages.

I'll also have my cousin (in-law) with me, who's in his early 30's like me, but I don't think has much experience shooting. He's got a nice 10-22 given to him by his Dad, that he'll be bringing out, and I'll have plenty of time to make sure he's up to speed on safe handling during the drive out.

I have another buddy who's supposed to come, with a Mini 14 and 2 or 3 new pistols, but he might flake out. I haven't been out for a long time myself, so I'm looking forward to it.

On that note, and before I forget...Andrew, please put me down for 2 black shirts (1 large, 1 2XL) and 1 grey (3XL). Will there be any extras on hand for those who may decide to attend at the last minute?

Picked up the WASR-10 last week, been tuning it up for this shoot and I've got about 800 rounds on hand for it as of tonight. I'm taking the Beretta 92 (Inox) I just scored here, and my Walther G22, with a ton of ammo for each...and my new Mossberg 500 to top it off, for which I'll probably bring the least load.

Took the wife to Pechanga this morning, so I got her to agree to keep the car for the weekend...which means I'm taking the Tahoe, which means I've got room to take a lot more stuff. I've got a small tent, but I'm still considering taking the bench seat out to possibly crash back there. In addition to the aforementioned gear...I'll be dragging out my EZ-up, portable picnic bench, chairs, targets, and (probably way too much) other stuff.

I was also going to ask my cousin if he had a boombox some kind of portable music source for campfire hours (should be interesting coming to an agreement on suitable listening, looking forward to that ).

Are we forgetting anything?
I didn't even think about that!!!

I have this "boom box" my dad bought me back in 99/00 that I have hardly used. Take/ radio and Cd's.

Of course I doubt most of you like my taste of music but I can find it and try to buy some batteries for it!
Old 07-12-2010, 6:07 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
i will put this in a spreadsheet and post it this weekend to show what supplies we have.
Ummmm it is this weekend...
Old 07-12-2010, 6:12 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Important question.

Any ideas??????
Well we will be cooking for breakfast/ lunch and dinner I suppose.

I will bring some Skillets and pancake stuff if people like that.

Grab some bacon and a few dozen eggs?

The RV/ Toy haulers have kitchens in them right?
Old 07-12-2010, 6:18 PM
Veteran Member

I have a sirius satalite radio boombox, looks like it takes D cells, 8 at a time, I'll bring that out as well
Old 07-12-2010, 6:22 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
I have a sirius satalite radio boombox, looks like it takes D cells, 8 at a time, I'll bring that out as well
thats most likely better then what I have so I will leave mine at home!
Old 07-12-2010, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte- View Post
Well we will be cooking for breakfast/ lunch and dinner I suppose.

I will bring some Skillets and pancake stuff if people like that.

Grab some bacon and a few dozen eggs?

The RV/ Toy haulers have kitchens in them right?
If you bring bacon and eggs you'll be my hero and yes most toyhaulers have kitchens. I will be happy to help make breakfast.
Old 07-12-2010, 7:15 PM

As far as the chow goes, I vote for dinner. I also think cooking over a hot grill in the middle of the afternoon would SUCK! I plan to do sandwiches and bratwurst for lunch...

Ruger KSR9 9mm
Remington 870 Wingmaster 16Ga
Old 07-12-2010, 7:32 PM

Default WOOHOO! New toy JUST IN TIME

Gift from the wife! New 3-9x42 variable power POSP scope! From Russia (and my wife Jen) with love!

Just wanted to add how lucky a guy I am to have married her.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00123.jpg (96.4 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by safaridave; 07-12-2010 at 7:44 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 8:00 PM

so i keep checking this thread and smiling i think we all are counting the days, hours, sexconds..... I can't wait to meet my fellow CGers!! I have already made some good friends (paul it AINT you - just kidding) Thank you to those who are coming out early to help set up the firing line and guide the caravans as they come in.

I have 4 orange cones I can bring if needed just let me know please. I vote for bbq at night simply cause its going to be hot in the sun BUT I know someone might have the urge and can handle the heat, so I guess we can see when we get their. I was bringing the kabobs for dinner time we can mix it in with the carne asada dishes

this is going to be an epic event - ets get all the northern region CG jealous!!! lots of pics and videos please - I won't run out of battery for this event

REKRAB - I too wish to use your AR10, I got a Saiga to satisfy my semi-auto 308 need and would love to start an AR10 build. Of course your more than welcome to use my toys as well - goes for any of the CG'rs, simply just ask what you want to use/barrow

GOD BLESS USA & ALL WHO PROTECT HER

Last edited by santamonica9; 07-12-2010 at 8:03 PM.. Reason: forgot to ask REKRAB about AR10 use
Old 07-12-2010, 8:03 PM

Quote:
It would also be good if we had a good first aid kit handy for cuts & scrapes. Just thinking ahead.....

Anyone have a good first aid kit?
I think that is my line of practice, Ill get a few things together.

"We cannot free ourselves unless we move forward united in a single desire."
Emilio Aguinaldo

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε САЙГА-12
Old 07-12-2010, 8:12 PM
Now in AZ

i can't wait. Heck, I have been browsing the FS forum for a last minute C&R addition to bring out. I tried for a 91/30 and M44 pair but just missed out on the deal

So far I am bringing:
WASR-10
91/59
and my Wife's M&P 15/22 (need to pickup some .22lr for it)
But if I find any cheap C&R longguns to cash and carry by then....

Non-gun:
Personal suply of water so I don't leach off of everyone else
folding table
two chairs
staple gun
blank paper (quicky targets) & wood stakes
two blacklights (at night I plan on doing one of my other hobbies [finding scorpions])
snake hook (wont handle rattlesnakes, but I will relocate any non-venomous snakes away from the shooting area)
spotlight and regular flashlight
tire-pump (in case anyone gets a flat tire out there)
laptop and car to ac converter (last time out I managed to get some cell signal and data connectivity and I can share wifi with up to 5 people)
camera
might bring some of my own food (probably bring some bacon and some grass-fed beef) but will need to use someone elses grill
pillow and blanket

I am going to sleep in the backseat of my car. Nice comfy leather seats

Really the only question I have is: "Where is the crapper?"

Last edited by SeanCasey; 07-12-2010 at 8:23 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veterosa View Post
I think that is my line of practice, Ill get a few things together.

Indeed. !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Sir...........

Any Crotalus shots in your kit????? Just a thought.

Old 07-12-2010, 8:17 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCasey View Post
i can't wait. Heck, I have been browsing the FS forum for a last minute C&R addition to bring out. I tried for a 91/30 and M44 pair but just missed out on the deal

So far I am bringing:
WASR-10
91/59
and my Wife's M&P 15/22 (need to pickup some .22lr for it)

But if I find any cheap C&R longguns to cash and carry by then....
I will have plently of .22lr out there don't worry about it if you can't find any, unless of course its picky
Old 07-12-2010, 8:25 PM
Now in AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte- View Post
I will have plently of .22lr out there don't worry about it if you can't find any, unless of course its picky
No clue, its a virgin gun. but I hear 15/22's tend to be a little picky and seem to like hotter .22 loads (the manual seems to suggest that)
Old 07-12-2010, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Indeed. !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Sir...........

Any Crotalus shots in your kit????? Just a thought.
Sorry man, dont have trauma kit or antivenom. Just basic first aid saline, gauze & bandage for minor injuries.

"We cannot free ourselves unless we move forward united in a single desire."
Emilio Aguinaldo

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F. Kennedy

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε САЙГА-12
Old 07-12-2010, 8:36 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCasey View Post
No clue, its a virgin gun. but I hear 15/22's tend to be a little picky and seem to like hotter .22 loads (the manual seems to suggest that)
I have the bulk stuff since none of my 22's are picky (other then the Rem gold stuff it doesn't really like) but there wally world by my place has a good stock of 22lr so if you need me to pick up some cci stuff or what ever let me know
Old 07-12-2010, 8:40 PM
Valar Dohaeris

For Sure I will have with me:

16" LR-308 clone (.308)
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg 500 12ga
MN 91/30
MN M44
RIA Tactical

Available Upon Request (You provide ammo)
Beretta PX4 .40
Bersa Thunder .380
Desert Eagle .44

I'm more than happy to bring guns for people to try, but I'm only bringing what I have ammo for so let me know if you want to try something. I'll be sharing with some people with me anyways, so if you see me there and don't have what I'm shooting I'll still let you throw a magazine down range*.

*Provided I'm not running low because 20 people asked to shoot and didn't use their own ammo >.>

Big Ammo Sale!
Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale
Old 07-12-2010, 9:04 PM

If there is anything I can bring, someone please let me know. I dont have any easy-ups or a table, but I can bring food. Should I play the FNG and bring a gaggle of donuts?