Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-19-2009, 3:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Virginian's Lobby and CARRY in their State House

VCDL LOBBY DAY Jan.19th, 2009
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/18154.html

Photos

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/20828.html

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/71387...57909458_rfnLN

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...by%20day%2008/

False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria http://www.a-human-right.com/

Last edited by Liberty1; 01-22-2009 at 9:06 PM..
Old 01-19-2009, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

This sort of caught my eye:

http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html

Sort of useful, but I suppose a similar list for California would take up a couple of DVD-ROMs, compressed. :-)

7x57

What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgron View Post
I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
Old 01-19-2009, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

TV News coverage

http://www.wtvr.com/global/video/pop...D&rnd=94835339
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Old 01-19-2009, 7:43 PM
Calguns Addict

OC in the statehouse, while peacefully petitioning government. If that isn't wordless First Amendment speech with guns, nothing is.

7x57

What do you need guns for if you are going to send your children, seven hours a day, 180 days a year to government schools? What do you need the guns for at that point?-- R. C. Sproul, Jr. (unconfirmed)

Quote:
I know every chance I get I'm going to accuse 7x57 of being a shill for LCAV. Because I can.
Old 01-19-2009, 8:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Could have this here in CA if people had done something about the '67 problem.
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.
Old 01-20-2009, 9:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Report from a Virginia Calguns participant!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...16#post1920916

Quote:
Here's a little story that takes place here in VA. We had a lobby day at our state capitol yesterday to lobby our state legislators about gun control issues. About 500-600 gun owners showed up and two anti-gun people. Everyone broke into groups and visited each state rep and voiced our opinions on a few bills that are being considered. The big one was the gunshow loophole bill. As it stands now, we can to PPT without background checks. The bill (I forget the number) would require background checks to be conducted on all gun purchases, including PPT. The crime commission met last week and voted to not make any recommendations for or against this bill because so many gun owners voiced their opinions against this bill. As a result, that bill is now dead. Another bill is the CCW in resteraunts that serve alcohol. Right now, it is illegal to CCW in any establishment that serves alcohol. You have to OC (loaded is OK too). If this bill passes, we could CCW in resteraunts and not cause such a scene when tourists see us packing heat at the bar. This bill would also let students and staff CCW on campus. The last one is an anti-gun bill raising the fee for background checks from $2 to $5.

We'll have to wait and see how well our state reps listen to us. Usually, they do, but we have some anti-gun folks running around the state causing problems.

I posted this to give ya'll some hope and maybe some encouragement to voice your opinions to your state legislaters. It takes more than an e-mail or a phone call sometimes. One of our law makers was surprised at the turn out of all us gun owners and was impressed that we cared enough about the issues that some people drove three hours one way to attend our lobby day. Most of you may remember the huge one click campaign we had here on CG back in 2007 and how successful that was. When the bills are introduced, it's time to make yourselves heard LOUD AND CLEAR!!! Good luck.

For more info on our Lobby Day, check out VCDL http://www.vcdl.org/
The news said only dozens
Old 01-20-2009, 9:16 AM
Calguns Addict

^ 50 dozen is still dozens.
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.
Old 01-20-2009, 3:52 PM
Banned

Carrying arms in the land of Jefferson? Whatta concept....
Old 01-20-2009, 3:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
OC in the statehouse, while peacefully petitioning government. If that isn't wordless First Amendment speech with guns, nothing is.

7x57
You have the germ of an idea there...
Old 01-20-2009, 4:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyW View Post
You have the germ of an idea there...
Heh. Yes, in a different world, that idea could go somewhere, but the significance is that it's peaceful, lawful, and non-confrontational. It isn't so clear that Don Kilmer will even get a 1st amendment claim on the Alameda Co. gun show--Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat. :-)

7x57

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 4:29 PM
DDT

Well, maybe an "empty holster" protest. Preferably with a closed flap so that the capital police would have a nice time trying to get permission to inspect all of the empty holsters.
Old 01-20-2009, 4:44 PM
Banned

so if the martial law is proclaimed in CA for this reason can i take off the damn bullet button?
Old 01-20-2009, 5:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Heh. Yes, in a different world, that idea could go somewhere, but the significance is that it's peaceful, lawful, and non-confrontational. It isn't so clear that Don Kilmer will even get a 1st amendment claim on the Alameda Co. gun show--Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat. :-)

7x57
Gandhi has a good quote on the subject.

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 01-20-2009, 5:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Gandhi has a good quote on the subject.
Indeed, though I gather he actually was talking about the army and not individual arms. I haven't investigated the context myself, however.

7x57

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 5:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Indeed, though I gather he actually was talking about the army and not individual arms. I haven't investigated the context myself, however.

7x57
He was talking about the army, or rather about the British not recruiting Indians into it. A good quote still, if one doesn't look into the context

DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
Old 01-20-2009, 5:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
He was talking about the army, or rather about the British not recruiting Indians into it. A good quote still, if one doesn't look into the context
Use their weapons against them! That's the ticket!

7x57

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 5:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Use their weapons against them! That's the ticket!

7x57
That's the idea. If it's feelings we have to appeal to...

Old 01-20-2009, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That's the idea. If it's feelings we have to appeal to...
Well, I was trying to needle you with the accusation that you were using the same slipshod, historically insane reasoning.

OTOH, that's why I hammer on the point that RKBA is really for those without money or influence, and that gun control is and always has been inherently racist and discriminatory. It's *true*, and hammers directly at their world view.

7x57

Quote:
Old 01-21-2009, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty1 View Post

The news said only dozens
What can I say, our media can't count very high. There's some pictures floating around on VCDL of all the gun owners present. Most of them were wearing the orange VCDL buttons and massive amounts of "Guns Save Lives" stickers were given away.

Then, Sir, we will give them the bayonet! (Stonewall Jackson's reply to Colonel B.E. Bee when he reported that the enemy were beating them back. At the first battle of Bull Run, July 1861)
VCDL Member
Retired Navy CPO
Old 01-22-2009, 9:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Last edited by Liberty1; 01-22-2009 at 9:04 PM..