Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2015, 3:00 PM
Veteran Member

Default Parallax Tactical downward spiral?

So I was just checking out ar15dotcom and saw a post relating to poor customer service with PT and their mail order business.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/179...ith_them_.html

Is PT losing their mojo? For me, I will not shop there again. I had their lady who processes their dros deny a dros for who knows why only to have another local shop (cough west coast cough) process it without issue.

I have not been there in sometime. Are they still making customers upset by not answering their phones etc etc?

This is not a troll thread as I have no problem with Joe or his shop. Just other places in town have now stepped up and I choose to spend my money there.

Anyways, how are things going over there? I want to root for the local company on a national forum but not if they are treating those customers...poorly.
Old 10-11-2015, 5:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_load_letter View Post
So I was just checking out ar15dotcom and saw a post relating to poor customer service with PT and their mail order business.

Is PT losing their mojo? For me, I will not shop there again. I had their lady who processes their dros deny a dros for who knows why only to have another local shop (cough west coast cough) process it without issue.

I have not been there in sometime. Are they still making customers upset by not answering their phones etc etc?

This is not a troll thread as I have no problem with Joe or his shop. Just other places in town have now stepped up and I choose to spend my money there.

Anyways, how are things going over there? I want to root for the local company on a national forum but not if they are treating those customers...poorly.
Let me ask you OP...what is the point of your thread ??

So you read a thread on another forum, then cross-posted it here on calguns.

You claim to have not been there in sometime...yet ask if they answer phones ?? (you could call and check yourself to see if they answer phones)

Then you say "not a troll thread" and have no problem with his shop...

But you just claimed the gal that did your dros denied you and you will not shop there again, and you are parroting what you read regarding poor customer service from in a thread on the internet.

You are defiantly a contrarian... not so much a troll, but more of a S#it-talker.

Old 10-11-2015, 6:20 PM

i frequent PT a lot, more than I should (20+ transactions). I think what they are doing is responding in a way most business do in a soft market, cutting back on hours. Ive always received friendly service, although when PT gets busy one must be patient.
the only issue I ever had was a ppt on an AI/surgeon scalpel custom 300 wm FDE that got dinged on the barrel while in their crowded safes. wasn't happy about that at all, but otherwise, PT is GTG.
Old 10-12-2015, 9:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

My last work orders did not go well there. One was a 7.62x39 upper assembly, the GS put the freefloat tube too far back and the reciever couldn't be released from the lower.

I had to dissasemble it and re-install it myself at home, something I was paying not to do. Besides, I had to wait almost a week for that 'work' to be done.

Last month I took a lower/upper to Gunfighter Tactical down the street for an assembly. I intended to drop it off but they put it all together in 25 minutes, perfectly for $35.

Much better additude from those guys as they provide refreshments while you wait. They are my new shop now.
Old 10-12-2015, 6:38 PM

There are better choices in San Diego but there are far worse choices as well. I could share a long list of gripes or compliments. I won't do either, but I do still shop there, unlike a certain place that I will not step foot in again. (And no, it's not DAS. I will give them another chance now that they are in their new digs)
Old 10-12-2015, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, I would consider myself a ***** talker. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddh View Post
Let me ask you OP...what is the point of your thread ??

So you read a thread on another forum, then cross-posted it here on calguns.

You claim to have not been there in sometime...yet ask if they answer phones ?? (you could call and check yourself to see if they answer phones)

Then you say "not a troll thread" and have no problem with his shop...

But you just claimed the gal that did your dros denied you and you will not shop there again, and you are parroting what you read regarding poor customer service from in a thread on the internet.

You are defiantly a contrarian... not so much a troll, but more of a S#it-talker.

Old 10-12-2015, 8:12 PM

Pt is a good shop, never bought anything from them online bc I live in SD, Joe has treated me well...
Old 10-13-2015, 6:29 AM

PT has 100 reviews in Yelp and the overall average is 4-stars. Fair to say, it is not a bad store at all. What they could improve, if you care to read those negative reviews, is to call their customers as promised. People are usually PO'ed not because of delay but because of no communication.
Old 10-13-2015, 6:37 AM

I bought a G19 Gen 4 horrible experience. Told it would take approx 2 weeks for SSE and ended up being approx 4 + mos. Everytime I called I got the same answer " it will be ready soon". Nice bunch that work there but won't buy again from them.
Old 10-13-2015, 8:32 AM

This past spring, I went in there with some no0b questions about my new AR (that I had purchased elsewhere) as I was looking to make a couple of changes and I wasn't sure how to proceed. The staff was cool in helping explain the options to me in a way that didn't make me feel stupid. I bought a different style mag release from them and Ben took the time to show me how to install it. Because the factory BB mag release was a pain in the rear (manufacturer had locktite in it, thanks S&W!), it took some doing to get it out. But Ben hooked me up by doing the work for me so that I wouldn't wreck my rifle by trying to get it out myself with tools I didn't have. They let me stand at the bench and watch so that I could learn. They explained all of the steps and let me practice swapping the parts out a few times by myself. Considering the cost of the parts was so small, I appreciated the time they took in helping out a new rifle owner.

I went in on a weekday morning; so, that may have also helped. I generally avoid going to gun stores on nights and weekends.
Old 10-13-2015, 9:24 AM

Can't be worse than DAS since they've moved. Nick and Taylor left and now no one there knows anything about DROSing, guns, or rifles in a gun shop, Go figure.
Old 10-13-2015, 3:41 PM
Vendor/CGN Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Here's our reply @ ar15.com

Someone alerted me to the existence of this thread. Here's the timeline for interested parties:

Oct 7, Order #2054 placed 11:09AM PST, Delivery was our standard rate for orders less than <$100 (There is no option for priority service:
)
Oct 7, 4:57PM - A shipping label is generated:

Oct 8th, Thursday - We are closed.
Oct 9, e-mail was sent to our email address that sends the labels out - this is monitored but sometimes our Google Apps places it in the updates box so it gets overlooked.
Oct 9, customer emails that it has been four days and wants an update - 4:11PM (Note: It's been one business day.)
I reply that I will send this to Andy (S&R) and that I will credit him all shipping costs - 4:45PM
Oct 10 - Andy has not responded yet, so customer e-mails again.
Oct 10: USPS pickup was supposed to happen: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3_16-38-58.png
(I scheduled this manually in case something was off about our automatic reoccurring pickup)
Oct 11 (SUNDAY: We are closed.) - Customer e-mails again, not sure what's going on so I go in the shop (on day off) to see what the heck is going on:

I also send him a refund of shipping as promised and a 10% item credit:

USPS Confirming pickup (bull!):

(This is just the one I manually did - we have an automatic reoccurring scheduled pickup.)

Order screen overview:

Also, If you still are not satisfied that we tried to do everything we can, let me know and I'll refund the other 90% and you can keep the gas block.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com
5276 Eastgate Mall
San Diego, CA 92121
P: (619) 630-4869
Hours: Tue-Fri: 11am-6pm; Sat: 12pm-7pm
Closed Mon/Sun

FREE Shipping on online orders over $75!
Old 10-13-2015, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman! View Post
Can't be worse than DAS since they've moved. Nick and Taylor left and now no one there knows anything about DROSing, guns, or rifles in a gun shop, Go figure.

I was pretty sad to hear they moved ( I live 2 exits away) and am even more saddened to hear this. They were solid guys and I've been buying from Nick for 4 years now.

Anybody know where the guys went?
Old 10-13-2015, 6:22 PM

LOL, Thanks PT for chiming in, quite the detailed explanation. BTW, my adjustable gas continues to perform (in store purchase )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal858 View Post
Anybody know where the guys went?
DAS Posted a note on FB, looks like he is working on a gig of his own and Taylor moved on.

Direct Action Solutions, "They left big shoes to fill. Taylor however was hired as a dept. operations analyst at UC Irvine, and Nic is working on his own startup@ http://www.onigearindustries.com/. Check it out for new tools and morale patches he comes up with!"
Old 10-14-2015, 6:45 PM

Default Parallax Tactical downward spiral?

___

Last edited by 1Snowball; 10-15-2015 at 9:46 AM..
Old 10-14-2015, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

^^^^^ You should spend more time in reading comprehension and less typing.

I'm not going to explain to you how you totally mis-directed your comment, but you did miss by a lightyear.
Old 10-14-2015, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

double post....thanx to Verizon's krappy coverage/

Last edited by sofbak; 10-14-2015 at 8:21 PM..
Old 10-14-2015, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofbak View Post

I'm not going to explain to you how you totally mis-directed your comment, but you did miss by a lightyear.

Feel free to kiss my ***
Old 10-14-2015, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

PT customer service has always been good to go for me(except with the phones) however I have heard several stories about poor gunsmithing and even have a very good friend who purchased a complete rifle literally some 4-5 years ago and could not get it to run even after taking it back. It's collecting dust in his safe. I gave it a once over in the field and visually it seemed fine, I told him to return it a third time but he just gave up.

Anywho, I like Joe and he has always been very nice to me...it's hard to find good help.

Old 10-15-2015, 9:03 AM
Veteran Member

Literally lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofbak View Post

Old 10-15-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie TheBear View Post
LOL, Thanks PT for chiming in, quite the detailed explanation. BTW, my adjustable gas continues to perform (in store purchase )

DAS Posted a note on FB, looks like he is working on a gig of his own and Taylor moved on.

Direct Action Solutions, "They left big shoes to fill. Taylor however was hired as a dept. operations analyst at UC Irvine, and Nic is working on his own startup@ http://www.onigearindustries.com/. Check it out for new tools and morale patches he comes up with!"

good to know, thanks!
Old 10-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Heard on the street Parallax is closing or at least scaling down their retail operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 10-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.1904 View Post
Heard on the street Parallax is closing or at least scaling down their retail operation?

Did you call and ask to verify this info ??
Or are you just another link in a chain of FUD ??

Old 10-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Did you call and ask to verify this info ??

Or are you just another link in a chain of FUD ??

Why are you so upset?

"Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."
Old 10-15-2015, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Joe's boyfriend.

Quote:
Why are you so upset?

Old 10-17-2015, 7:24 AM
Veteran Member

I've been to PT a few times and I don't have a single complaint. If anything, I was extremely happy about how competitive their prices are. The only drawback is the store is 45 minutes away from me.

Great products and the ability to modify them in store is awesome.
Old 11-02-2015, 6:13 PM
Banned

i've always been treated fairly at PT. Joe is a stand up guy with tons of information on guns in general. only thing i'd like to see is a lay-away plan
Old 11-03-2015, 3:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you so upset?

UH...

Not typed in caps.
No exclamation point.
Nothing underlined.

Mr 1904.....Why are you ignorant of facts staring you in the face ??

Old 11-03-2015, 3:54 PM
Veteran Member

I honestly don't understand your angle. I had a question, so i asked it. Why are you so emotionally invested in this?

Old 11-03-2015, 5:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I honestly don't understand your angle. I had a question, so i asked it. Why are you so emotionally invested in this?

Describe what you imagine that "emotinally invested" means ??

I have no angle...I am straight.

Fact is...you came in here and posted what is essentially rumor-mongering...
And in the very same thread as that other guy. Seriously ??

And I doubt you called or did anything to find out nything about a rumor you heard on the street.

You spread FUD.
Give us some real facts and you'll receive my respect.

Old 11-03-2015, 8:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

fear not Mr SD, he gets like that when talking about Ares too
Old 11-04-2015, 5:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
fear not Mr SD, he gets like that when talking about Ares too

When people that have never shopped at, bought parts at, nor know anything about Ares (or any other local store), begin to talk crap....I will call them out on their own stupidity.

Just like I did here.

Apparently....you seem to believe or support the ignorant/mob mentality here among us ??
Is that your position ??

And it's so obvious.....

When you/others have to attack me personally, and completely ignore the content and position of my posts.
It revels your real objective.

You are here to start crap, just like the other crap-talkers.

Since you wanna go down that path....
How is that thieving drug-addicted cousin of yours doing ?? You know... the one you invited to move in ??

Last edited by toddh; 11-04-2015 at 5:42 AM..
Old 11-05-2015, 8:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
When people that have never shopped at, bought parts at, nor know anything about Ares (or any other local store), begin to talk crap....I will call them out on their own stupidity.

Just like I did here.

Apparently....you seem to believe or support the ignorant/mob mentality here among us ??
Is that your position ??

And it's so obvious.....

When you/others have to attack me personally, and completely ignore the content and position of my posts.
It revels your real objective.

How is that thieving drug-addicted cousin of yours doing ?? You know... the one you invited to move in ??

you can look up my post history to see my grievances against Ares, there's no need to repost them here lest you get butthurt again.
Old 11-05-2015, 9:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Lucky for you we have those laws against a bad product review fine here.
Old 11-05-2015, 1:14 PM

Made my first visit to Parallax last night to start a transfer for an out of state purchase. I had spoken previously to a gentleman there who said they would be able to start my transfer Wednesday night after receiving the gun on Monday(Actually Tuesday with them closed on Mondays, key time window to get my 10 days over by the weekend after next). They hemmed and hawed a little when I walked in 45 minutes before closing but they kept their word and ran it for me. Paperwork was as quick as can be expected. All the employees were affable and friendly. Special thanks to Alex for staying a few minutes late to get my paperwork squared away. Good experience and I will be shopping there again.

Last edited by meanrock; 11-06-2015 at 2:26 PM..
Old 11-05-2015, 4:12 PM

I try make it a point to go to PT whenever I'm in San Diego. But a couple of boxes of ammo, chit-chat, check out new inventory. The guys there have always been very personable.
Old 11-13-2015, 2:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Real classy. That's low, even for you.

Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...
Old 11-15-2015, 8:31 AM

I wrote them an email for a transfer. Called them twice, they said theyd get to sending a copy of their FFL at the end of the day. Made it seem like I was bothering them. They just casually blew me off and are holding up the whole transfer. When someone says they're going to do something I expect their word......

Last edited by Cactuscooler; 11-15-2015 at 8:33 AM..
Old 11-15-2015, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I wrote them an email for a transfer. Called them twice, they said theyd get to sending a copy of their FFL at the end of the day. Made it seem like I was bothering them. They just casually blew me off and are holding up the whole transfer. When someone says they're going to do something I expect their word......
Call Gunfighter Tactical. They will take care of you.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

I have never had a problem with PT! Few orders but never an issue..