Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

View Poll Results: Rangers vs. SEALs
Rangers: "Rangers Lead The Way!" 86 22.51%
SEALs: "You can run, but you can't hide". "Justice has been done". 296 77.49%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 6:50 PM

Best thread ever, laughed at it a few years ago the first time I read it, it's more funny now though for some reason.

OP, just, "...smile and wave boys, smile and wave."
Old 07-26-2013, 8:16 AM

I think a better question is how either would stack up against Spetsnaz, especially since the Spetsnaz can defeat Green Berets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEylMoL8oV4
Old 07-26-2013, 9:20 AM

Really coolguy...Reeeeaaallllllly?? In their f@ck1ng dreams!!! SpitnAzz are too stupid...by the time they stop doing flips and practicing the unstoppable str33t-deadly syst3ma, figure out what's happening, and punching each other, they'd be dead...and the sad thing is that we'd recruit and train their own countrymen in their own back yard, train them to fight for themselves and make it look like we weren't even there. We'd give the credit to the Chechen rebels and grab some popcorn, let them all off each other and watch it all unfold on Fox News in the TOC. So ya...in their f@cking dreams!

After the smoke clears, POTUS would get on TV and condemn it all. Lol

Lol Fr@CK SpitnAzz! Go back to CoD...

Last edited by 18Dmedic; 07-26-2013 at 9:28 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 2:50 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
Really coolguy...Reeeeaaallllllly?? In their f@ck1ng dreams!!! SpitnAzz are too stupid...by the time they stop doing flips and practicing the unstoppable str33t-deadly syst3ma, figure out what's happening, and punching each other, they'd be dead...and the sad thing is that we'd recruit and train their own countrymen in their own back yard, train them to fight for themselves and make it look like we weren't even there. We'd give the credit to the Chechen rebels and grab some popcorn, let them all off each other and watch it all unfold on Fox News in the TOC. So ya...in their f@cking dreams!

After the smoke clears, POTUS would get on TV and condemn it all. Lol

Lol Fr@CK SpitnAzz! Go back to CoD...
Did you watch the video link I posted? THAT HAPPENED

If its on TV, its real
Old 09-23-2013, 6:29 PM
Michael Ehline

Default USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpoint View Post
My answer would be the Marines. We trained in Coronado with the SEAL instructors on the boat package, we trained in South Korea in mountain warfare/rappelling package, we conducted GAIT training in Okinawa preparing for Lebanon, Bridgeport and Alaska coldweather package, lots of water training and helo casting in Hawaii and desert training 29 Palms when middle east became important. Therefore, we were versatile just due to the units I was stationed with, no "specialty group" even though I was assigned to Joint Special Operation Commands with all military branches "Special Forces". As far as the Army Rangers and Navy SEALs it would come down to intel.
Marines RECON or simply Marine infantry. Only problem with SEALS and Army is their weak *** basic. Marines have a lower drop cuzz they already hard.
Old 09-25-2013, 4:49 PM

Do you really think a regular marine is more elite than a ranger? It never ceases to amaze me how marines just run around with their arrogance - that one "marine NCO" guy said that you can just be at Ranger Bat and you just get a tab. No. If you fail Ranger School, you get RFS'd and you're in a black beret the next day. At least do your homework before you disparage people who have done more than you. Saw plenty of marines quit Ranger school. From the sands of Iwo Jima back to a nice warm bed, I guess. It's really surprising because you only deploy for 6 months - seems like you'd have plenty of time to at least learn about the people you think the elite Marine Corps Boot Camp made you superior to.

I remember when the best stories I had came from training, heh.

one last thing: I'm all for esprit de corps, but if you want to be competitive at least be competitive and GO to Ranger School instead of just disparaging it. I doubt you'd enjoy it.

Last edited by Reedful; 09-25-2013 at 4:53 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 4:11 PM
In Memoriam

This is silly...its comparing ARs to AKs...different situations call for different tools...
Old 10-18-2013, 8:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Close this or move it to off topic were it belongs.
Old 10-18-2013, 8:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

USMC by a lot.
Old 10-19-2013, 7:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
Close this
Please, for the love of Almighty God, this.

I'm so embarrassed that I even made this thread.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 10-25-2013, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ehline View Post
Marines RECON or simply Marine infantry. Only problem with SEALS and Army is their weak *** basic. Marines have a lower drop cuzz they already hard.
Eat a *ick you POG lol
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 AM

I was never a Marine or Seal or Ranger or Spetsnaz. I have one good freind who is an active duty Seal stationed on Coronado as a BUDS intructor. A while back I asked him his general opinion on the Rangers he's interacted with. The only comment he really gave me was that he had noticed several smokers among the ones hes dealt with. He wasn't to impressed with a man who is supposed to be in top physical condition and smokes. He said smoking is not unheard of among Seals but definately frowned upon.
Proof being that if it did exist we would all most assuredly be dead

NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by Shorthair; 11-22-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 11-22-2013, 12:35 PM

This is retarded. Rangers, really? Rangers and Recon I would consider to be on the same level. Force Recon is on their own level because they dont get the same funding as SOCOM units and they are hurting right now because most went to MARSOC. MARSOC is still too new and is working on some things, but the real comparison is ODA and Seals.
Old 11-26-2013, 4:02 PM

If you ask me, Rangers nowadays are pretty much pussies. Seals are better prepared and can handle most situations better. BUT if you asked about Green Berets then it'd be a toss up. Those guys are BA from first hand experience.
Old 12-01-2013, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedful View Post
Do you really think a regular marine is more elite than a ranger? It never ceases to amaze me how marines just run around with their arrogance - that one "marine NCO" guy said that you can just be at Ranger Bat and you just get a tab. No. If you fail Ranger School, you get RFS'd and you're in a black beret the next day. At least do your homework before you disparage people who have done more than you. Saw plenty of marines quit Ranger school. From the sands of Iwo Jima back to a nice warm bed, I guess. It's really surprising because you only deploy for 6 months - seems like you'd have plenty of time to at least learn about the people you think the elite Marine Corps Boot Camp made you superior to.

I remember when the best stories I had came from training, heh.

one last thing: I'm all for esprit de corps, but if you want to be competitive at least be competitive and GO to Ranger School instead of just disparaging it. I doubt you'd enjoy it.
This thread is about Rangers vs. SEALS, but I'll play along. Marines can go to Ranger School but Army Rangers can't be a Marine. What does that tell you. You would have to go to Marine Corps bootcamp. The drop out rate would be high. BTW SEALS would kick ***, just my opinion.

Old 12-01-2013, 2:21 PM
Banned

I served in the Navy and I am clearly biased in favor of the SEALS, but that said, there are a HELL OF A LOT MORE army rangers than Navy SEALS. Just saying....

Last edited by Ronin2; 12-03-2013 at 8:14 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 2:30 PM

Marines are just Naval Infantry. They are no better than Army Infantry in my opinion, they just have different battefield insertion methods. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rangers are Battalion sized units used for quick deployment to seize airfields etc. SEALs are specialized in squad sized CQB and HVT kill or capture type missions. If you want to compare apples to apples, compare SEALs vs. U.S. Army Special Forces Delta. That would be a better comparison, I would think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2013, 5:17 PM

The Israel army is the best trained in the world....Thousands of years of turmoil and strife...nobody messes with the mossad....in conjunction with the french foreign legion...these two armies is the foundation of our U.S.special forces.

Last edited by stag6.8; 12-01-2013 at 5:24 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 6:25 PM

To start off with, Gentlemen . . Thank You for your service! I think the most feared and even now, The Gurkhas. That is MHO. The Special Forces oprators are a different game. Men with a backbone of Steel, and a Heart of a Warrior. The SEALS are like that, Delta, Air Force PJ's, Green Berets are "in the same/Not the same" warrior class. The RAngers, I like them but they are no Seals, nor GB.
Old 12-01-2013, 6:48 PM

I will agree that the Mossad are a very highly skilled and effective unit, they have no relation to the origin of American Special Forces. The SF came out of the OSS of WW2 and the Delta detachment was created by Col. Beckwith and has its roots in MACV-SOG in Vietnam and most of the original CT training was borrowed from British SAS and the French GIG, not the Foreign Legion. These days, Delta, the SEALs and Special Operations Aviation all fall under the JSOC umbrella, if I am not mistaken.

Old 12-01-2013, 6:50 PM

Agreed not a fair comparison.

Rangers operate on a larger level, usually a platoon or company.

Seals are more squad oriented.

As others have stated more direct comparison would be against Delta.

But even not all seal units are the same. Watch the interviews with Chris Kayle, different units different missions.

I have no experience. My only experience with these guys was when they would crowd me in the chow hall line. They would drive up in White Suvs, cut everyone in line. Then there uniforms had no name or branch tag on it. They only had the U.S. Flag on the right, and the Socom patch on the left. The one with the circle and black spearhead on it. Oh yea they didn't carry normal m4s either.

I don't like when service members put down other services. If I'm in trouble I don't care who shows up as long as some one does. Heck, I'll even take the boy scouts if they show up.

Last edited by fonzy; 12-01-2013 at 6:54 PM..
Old 12-01-2013, 8:51 PM

We called the uniforms without name tags, service branch or rank "steriles". If you or a member of your unit was killed or captured it would give the enemy zero information. We'd even go so far as to sometimes carry soviet based weapons platforms during the op if we anticipated contact.
I agree with you, I never had a problem training with Marines. In fact all of our waterborne training (helocasts, zodiacs) was done using Navy resources. On the other hand, any Airborne ops or air assualts that we cross trained with Marines were done using Army or Air Force assets. I was Army but I consider every one of those Marines a brother in arms.

Old 12-03-2013, 1:25 PM

I was under the impression that Seal's true missions were more along the lines of scouting beaches for amphibious landings for the Marines, placing mines on enemy ships, and things like that?

I remember watching that show Combat Mission on the USA channel, and the team made up of mostly Seals got pwned by a bunch of PD Swat guys, and a Swat guy ended up beating a Seal to win the whole thing.
Old 12-03-2013, 2:47 PM
Michael Ehline

Easy ...neither. USMC Force Recon wins.
Old 12-03-2013, 2:54 PM
Michael Ehline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravo1p View Post
Marines are just Naval Infantry. They are no better than Army Infantry in my opinion, they just have different battefield insertion methods. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rangers are Battalion sized units used for quick deployment to seize airfields etc. SEALs are specialized in squad sized CQB and HVT kill or capture type missions. If you want to compare apples to apples, compare SEALs vs. U.S. Army Special Forces Delta. That would be a better comparison, I would think.

lol. Strange, since we had several 11 bravos drop out of Marine basic training at MCRDSD, as it was too physically demanding. BTW, Marines don't have to go through army basic to make a lat move for a reason. All other branches have to earn the title of Marine. I respect Rangers and GB's. But don't go elevating regular army to the level of the Corps. No chance. Much harder training, and our regular infantry has already undergone a longer more intense boot camp, MCT, and SOI and has the option to do army jump as well as Ranger school once in the fleet. And after that, there is always ANGLICO and Recon, or MARSOC Force Recon, etc.
Old 12-03-2013, 7:30 PM

It blows my mind that people put so much emphasis on basic training . The key word is basic. Marines may have a harder basic training but by no means does that give them superior knowledge of infantry tactics. If you think a bunch of Pvts learning BASIC skills makes you superior in any way then you need a wake up call. You should respect more than just GB's and Rangers, because a lot of the success of major operations over seas have been lowly Army Infantry, despite their weak basic training.

Lastly, NO ONE worth a Sh*t cares what anyone did during Basic training.
Old 12-03-2013, 8:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag6.8 View Post
The Israel army is the best trained in the world....
Maybe in the 60's and the 70's you could make that claim but after fourteen years of non-stop deployment/combat against the regular formations of the Iraqi army and the asymmetric threats in Afghanistan and elsewhere in the world, I doubt any expert familiar with the capabilities of the US military would dispute that the US has the best trained, equipped and capable combat force in the world.

Another point worth making is that the IDF's opponents have never been first rate by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Everyone in this forum is either a serving member of the military, or a veteran. Many of us have been in combat, and some have served in, or with, multiple branches and units. We're professionals. How are we still having this conversation? It is embarassing.

As to the discussion about the IDF, I have served with conscript armies in the past. Compulsory service does not make a profecient or effective army. Their elite units are made up of the cut throats and bad asses who decide they are really good at this killing business, and they are top notch. They're Scary good. The line units and standard grunts, however, don't want to be there and hate their jobs. Their NCO's have to force, threaten, beat, and coerce them to do even the most basic tasks of soldiering (think cleaning rifles, not rushing machine gun nests). In the United States we all raise our right hands, volunteering to put ourselves in danger and move toward the sound of the guns, not away from them. This is one of the main reasons why I'm thankful we no longer have the draft, and the men I serve beside are steely eyed killers.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:49 PM

About that basic thing, you guys realize in basic training spec ops get sent to different training divisions then everyone else right? So they in essence have it tougher in boot camp and then have to later pass BUDS or whatever they call it in other branches to become part of the spec ops program they signed up for. This thread is indeed stupid and promoting the couch warriors to voice their opinions, I came here to see the trolls do their thing. I served in the Navy, but I worked on airplanes, never seen a bit of combat, lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoMan View Post
About that basic thing, you guys realize in basic training spec ops get sent to different training divisions then everyone else right?
This is actually not true, and I am not sure where you heard it. I can only speak for the Army, but I went through Basic and Infantry School with many guys who had both Ranger contracts and 18X contracts (18X is a Special Forces contract) They have to go through the same basic training as everyone else, then Infantry School, and Airborne before SOCOM blows money on them putting them through the pipeline. This weeds out tons of non-hackers before they even see an instructor.

From the same standpoint, while serving in both Light and Airborne Infantry outfits I have had soldiers try out and be accepted for both the 75th Ranger Regiment, and the Special Forces Pipeline. There is a reason that all SF soldiers are sergeants or above - they want experienced men who know what they are doing, not kids straight out of high school. Some guys make it to SF on their initial contract, but a lot more come from Infantry, Cav, or even Engineer outfits, where they excel, and then try out and get picked up for the pipeline when they have some dirt on their boots. Regardless, everyone goes through the same basic training, because the skills and tactics they learn there are just that - BASIC. Everything else in the service builds on them. This is how it works in the Army, and from what I understand, the AF too, for the guys going through their PJ and CC pipeline. I cannot imagine that the Marines let those with MARSOC or Recon contracts (do they even enlist guys with these contracts?) skip out on the same boot camp that they revere above any other type of training (apparently, if you read the above posts, above Ranger School, BUDs, and the SFQ course.) and run off to go do their own thing in SOCOM land before they "Earn the title of Marine"

Can't speak to the Navy though... maybe wannabe SEALs are kept apart.

Last edited by jmsenk; 12-05-2013 at 6:37 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ehline View Post
lol. Strange, since we had several 11 bravos drop out of Marine basic training at MCRDSD, as it was too physically demanding. BTW, Marines don't have to go through army basic to make a lat move for a reason. All other branches have to earn the title of Marine. I respect Rangers and GB's. But don't go elevating regular army to the level of the Corps. No chance. Much harder training, and our regular infantry has already undergone a longer more intense boot camp, MCT, and SOI and has the option to do army jump as well as Ranger school once in the fleet. And after that, there is always ANGLICO and Recon, or MARSOC Force Recon, etc.
Earn the title after 8 weeks of training and advanced?
I call bull****.
This is dumb but what the f&ck now, enough time has passed.

Your'e "RECON MARINES" got there training from army pukes like me.The best part is how the Navy always treated you like a stepchild. Go **** yourself you stupid ****ing leg."
i will say it again, i trusted and revered Marines as brothers in arms. but i will not let that legacy be deposed by typewriter doucsebags. the one thing i cherish from MC training was the ranges. those sweet 1000m ranges that allowed me to shine.

Doubt me? Ask Me. I will answer any question in this forum you ****ing puke.

Last edited by 11bravo1p; 12-05-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 12-05-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bravo1p View Post
Earn the title after 8 weeks of training and advanced?
I call bull****.
This is dumb but what the f&ck now, enough time has passed.

Your'e "RECON MARINES" got there training from army pukes like me.The best part is how the Navy always treated you like a stepchild. Go **** yourself you stupid ****ing L*G."

Doubt me? Ask Me. I will answer any question in this forum you ****ing puke.
I forgot to add that my Team Leader in LRSD was a former Marine. Wonder why he would go from jarhead to grunt? I know why, because SOC never considered jarheads you ****.

Last edited by 11bravo1p; 12-05-2013 at 10:56 PM..
Closed Thread