Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Banned

Lightbulb Important- A better tool for LEOs at wild fires...

I shared this info years ago and wanted to share again. Please dont attack me for just posting some helpful information.

Over the recent fires in Southern California, I observed some LEOs using basic construction and household type masks against the smoke and ash. Those are not the best choice by attaching a flammable cotton swap to your mouth and respiratory track. And those rubber bands will melt on to your as well.

What I would like to recommend is a product you could just buy once in your career and it should last you for years into your career and I do NOT work for them or selling them. I would recommend a HOTSHIELD face mask that offers a very comfortable mouth respirator and face wrap. I have worn one for years as a FF and its been a great tool and protective gear. Again, this is great if your going to be on or near the fire line for hours or days as it protects your face, neck and the back of your head. Its very comfortable, light weight and inexpensive. And will keep the embers and ash from going down your shirt collar area.

I also recoomend a pair of high end quality goggles as well. Your eyes and eyesight are so precious.

There is also a Bandana type shied as well- https://www.chiefsupply.com/hot-shie...CABEgKVovD_BwE

Their link- www.hotshield.com

This is one of the best pictures I can find...

Adding this picture. Dont get caught off guard with nothing to protect your faces, eyes, throat and neck.

Last edited by Rapid Cool; 12-25-2017 at 12:04 AM..