Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Has anyone bought/used BDS Tacticals stuff? Looking at reviews its hit and miss.
Old 06-10-2013, 2:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombresg33 View Post
Has anyone bought/used BDS Tacticals stuff? Looking at reviews its hit and miss.
I have a medic pouch from BDS. Very high quality. I would not hesitate ordering from them again...

The issue with BDS Tactical revolves around the disputes with Original-SOE. But, I don't play fan boy, and both companies make top-notch mil-spec gear used by lots of active military and LEO.

It also depends on what you're looking for. Every company makes something a little different, even if they are meant for the same purpose.
Old 06-10-2013, 6:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Understood...I guess if I ever start taking classes I will have to consider this

That makes sense
I have to say a lot of people take classes and use them for it. I use mine that I deployed with sometimes but I like my plate carrier better.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-10-2013, 7:04 PM

That's why there are 1000s of different pouches and vests/carriers. Options options options.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
I have a medic pouch from BDS. Very high quality. I would not hesitate ordering from them again...

The issue with BDS Tactical revolves around the disputes with Original-SOE. But, I don't play fan boy, and both companies make top-notch mil-spec gear used by lots of active military and LEO.

It also depends on what you're looking for. Every company makes something a little different, even if they are meant for the same purpose.
Thank I'm looking at either one of their plate carriers or a Tag Banshee carrier.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Veteran Member

The TAG Banshee would probably be cheaper, but if depends on the features you are looking for.
Old 06-23-2013, 8:15 PM

Default Dragonskin

This is my rig....
Gen 2 Dragonskin (E) Multicam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dragonskin 2.jpg (44.8 KB, 300 views)
Old 06-27-2013, 9:26 AM
Calguns Addict

My grab and go rig. Not meant for anything other than holding magazines, an armor plate, and a few other minor bits of gear. It has a pistol holster where the flashlight is sticking out. And a radio in the pouch, with an earpiece/mic running up to the shoulder. That is it, other than the med kit. Simple, fast, and reasonably well-balanced.

-Mb
Old 07-02-2013, 9:45 PM

Condor?oh crap...lol. Lot of couch commandos here.lol. Most of these kits (minus one or two minimally adequate setups) will get you nice and DEAD. Your money would be better spent on education and training. You can always pick up more kit.

If you already own some kit, be sure to train with it as much or...if not...more than you train with your firearms. Be sure to know exactly where everything is and be able to get to it and use it blind if you need to. The last thing you want is to be fumbling with crap in a firefight.

But ****...what the hell do I know right!?
Old 07-03-2013, 1:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
Condor?oh crap...lol. Lot of couch commandos here.lol. Most of these kits (minus one or two minimally adequate setups) will get you nice and DEAD. Your money would be better spent on education and training. You can always pick up more kit.

If you already own some kit, be sure to train with it as much or...if not...more than you train with your firearms. Be sure to know exactly where everything is and be able to get to it and use it blind if you need to. The last thing you want is to be fumbling with crap in a firefight.

But ****...what the hell do I know right!?
Well, what the hell do you know? Let's find out. Go ahead and critique my rig. It is in the one right above your post. What problems do you see in it? Where am I going wrong, oh font of tactical lore? Explain how it is a death trap that would get me killed.

-Mb
Old 07-03-2013, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun toting monkeyboy View Post
Well, what the hell do you know? Let's find out. Go ahead and critique my rig. It is in the one right above your post. What problems do you see in it? Where am I going wrong, oh font of tactical lore? Explain how it is a death trap that would get me killed.

-Mb
I get what he is saying.

Most people are out of shape and would be ditching equipment after the first 2 miles of walking and/or running up a mountain. I wouldn't want to hump some of these kits up a mountain.

More realistically, if I was going to run a plate carrier or chest rig for a carbine class, I'd want the bare minimum. Mags, IFAK/Tourniquet, and some water are probably the most important. Any excess equipment is going to get in the way and slow me down/tire me out.

Just my opinion. Even though I don't own a PC/Chest Rig, I still enjoy looking at everyones kit.
Old 07-03-2013, 4:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagump View Post
I get what he is saying.

Most people are out of shape and would be ditching equipment after the first 2 miles of walking and/or running up a mountain. I wouldn't want to hump some of these kits up a mountain.

More realistically, if I was going to run a plate carrier or chest rig for a carbine class, I'd want the bare minimum. Mags, IFAK/Tourniquet, and some water are probably the most important. Any excess equipment is going to get in the way and slow me down/tire me out.

Just my opinion. Even though I don't own a PC/Chest Rig, I still enjoy looking at everyones kit.
I got that. And I understand exactly what you are saying. But I want to see if he actually has anything constructive to add to the conversation, or if he just wanted to wander in and crap on people. We will see when he answers. I have used this one for day-long events. And for messing around. And at the range, when nobody else is there. It has a Level 3 lightweight plate in the front of it as well. If I am missing something obvious here, I want to know.

-Mb
Old 07-03-2013, 8:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I got that. And I understand exactly what you are saying. But I want to see if he actually has anything constructive to add to the conversation, or if he just wanted to wander in and crap on people. We will see when he answers. I have used this one for day-long events. And for messing around. And at the range, when nobody else is there. It has a Level 3 lightweight plate in the front of it as well. If I am missing something obvious here, I want to know.

-Mb
If I'm not mistaken, he's with ODA. Either way, his credentials are solid.

His point is the same with bug out bags. Most people have no experience humping weight over long distance and even less people have experience wearing a kit. You're not necessarily missing anything on the kit itself, but you may be missing experience with it. I don't know if you have experience, but one thing I'd suggest is training with your kit or any piece of gear you have that you would plan to use. What good is a kit if you have no idea what you're doing once it's on? I'm not saying you don't, just making a point. Even then you won't truly understand how your set up will work for you. It took me several missions before I found a set up I liked and a couple TICs before I had it just right and I was still changing things later on.

I don't own a kit myself but plan to buy a chest rack at least.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict

He is with the Oregon Department of Agriculture? Ummm... Ok. And how do you know his "credentials are solid"? His name? The picutes and stuff he has in his signature? No offense, but you can be anything you want online. Did I ever tell you about my time in the French Foreign Legion? Or my job as a Space Shuttle Door Gunner? My point is that he came in, said most people were stupid, and then left. How do we know if he has any clue? He could be a high-speed couch potato like me. Unless he can actually point out some real issues, and make some valid arguments, he gets classified as anothe mall cop.

-Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, he's with ODA. Either way, his credentials are solid.

His point is the same with bug out bags. Most people have no experience humping weight over long distance and even less people have experience wearing a kit. You're not necessarily missing anything on the kit itself, but you may be missing experience with it. I don't know if you have experience, but one thing I'd suggest is training with your kit or any piece of gear you have that you would plan to use. What good is a kit if you have no idea what you're doing once it's on? I'm not saying you don't, just making a point. Even then you won't truly understand how your set up will work for you. It took me several missions before I found a set up I liked and a couple TICs before I had it just right and I was still changing things later on.

I don't own a kit myself but plan to buy a chest rack at least.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
He is with the Oregon Department of Agriculture? Ummm... Ok. And how do you know his "credentials are solid"? His name? The picutes and stuff he has in his signature? No offense, but you can be anything you want online. Did I ever tell you about my time in the French Foreign Legion? Or my job as a Space Shuttle Door Gunner? My point is that he came in, said most people were stupid, and then left. How do we know if he has any clue? He could be a high-speed couch potato like me. Unless he can actually point out some real issues, and make some valid arguments, he gets classified as anothe mall cop.

-Mb
ODA- Operational Detachment Alpha... Educate yourself below...

Basic Element – SF Operational Detachment-A (SFODA) composition
A Special Forces company consists of usually six ODAs (Operational Detachments-A) or "A-Teams".[17][18] The number of ODAs can vary from company to company, with each ODA specializing in an infiltration skill or a particular mission-set (e.g. Military Freefall (HALO), combat diving, mountain warfare, maritime operations, or urban operations). An ODA is identified by its group, battalion, company and the team itself. For example, ODA 111 would be the first team in the first company of the first battalion of First Special Forces Group.

An ODA consists of 12 men, each of whom has a specific function (MOS or Military Occupational Specialty) on the team, however all members of an ODA conduct cross-training. The ODA is led by an 18A (Detachment Commander), a Captain, and a 180A (Assistant Detachment Commander) who is his second in command, usually a Warrant Officer One or Chief Warrant Officer Two. The team also includes the following enlisted men: one 18Z (Operations Sergeant) (known as the "Team Sergeant"), usually a Master Sergeant, one 18F (Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant), usually a Sergeant First Class, and two each, 18Bs (Weapons Sergeant), 18Cs (Engineer Sergeant), 18Ds (Medical Sergeant), and 18Es (Communications Sergeant), usually Sergeants First Class, Staff Sergeants or Sergeants. This organization facilitates 6-man "split team" operations, redundancy, and mentoring between a senior NCO and his junior assistant.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-05-2013, 6:39 AM
Veteran Member

Too much talking. There are other forums for this type of discussion and ego boosting. It does not belong here, least of all a damn picture thread.

"Less QQ, More Pew Pew"
Old 07-05-2013, 7:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Too much talking. There are other forums for this type of discussion and ego boosting. It does not belong here, least of all a damn picture thread.

"Less QQ, More Pew Pew"
I agree. Couch commandos can claim to be whatever they want online. Dupes will believe it and stick up for them with no more proof than a couple of clip are pictures. The guy who claimed to know it all hasn't been back, so he is a mall cop until proven otherwise. No point in arguing any more.

-Mb
Old 07-05-2013, 8:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Old 07-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Likey^^^ Model and specs please?
Old 07-05-2013, 1:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

-Mb
You don't even know what ODA is in reference to given the context? Never mind, you fit his post quite well actually.

Quote:
I agree. Couch commandos can claim to be whatever they want online. Dupes will believe it and stick up for them with no more proof than a couple of clip are pictures. The guy who claimed to know it all hasn't been back, so he is a mall cop until proven otherwise. No point in arguing any more.

-Mb
It doesn't change the fact that his post was spot on. You can choose to dismiss him as some internet loser if it makes you feel better but the simple fact of the matter is he's right. I lived with an ODA team during my deployment and from what he's said in the past, it's legit. A member here is a gunsmith and also did some work for him before a deployment. But clearly, you know more.
Old 07-05-2013, 2:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Hey Gecko45, chill out. I was being obtuse because you tossed an abbreviation out there like it was a magic talisman, assuming that it would automatically make me go weak in the knees and start fawning over what the other poster had said. You are coming on here and going after me again. Okay you wanna play, let's play. What exact kind of experience do you have? And how do you know what kind of experience the guy you are vouching for has? Have you met him? Do you know him personally? Have you served with him? Why should I take your word for anything, when you haven't shown any evidence that you or he know what you are talking about? Unless you can answer those questions, you are just another 12 year old kid, trying to get the rest of us to believe that some other 12 year old kid knows what he is talking about because he fed you a good line over the computer. For all I know, he could very well be the next Chuck Norris. But I am sure as heck not going to take your word for it without a bit more evidence than "If I'm not mistaken, he's with ODA. Either way, his credentials are solid." He has not come back on here to give any answers to a fairly basic question about his posting. He could be busy. Or he could be ducking. We won't know until he answers. Until he does, quit cluttering up the thread with your baseless Bromantic comments about it. He is the one that should be answering. Not you.

-Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
You don't even know what ODA is in reference to given the context? Never mind, you fit his post quite well actually.

It doesn't change the fact that his post was spot on. You can choose to dismiss him as some internet loser if it makes you feel better but the simple fact of the matter is he's right. I lived with an ODA team during my deployment and from what he's said in the past, it's legit. A member here is a gunsmith and also did some work for him before a deployment. But clearly, you know more.
Old 07-05-2013, 4:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Gecko45, chill out. I was being obtuse because you tossed an abbreviation out there like it was a magic talisman, assuming that it would automatically make me go weak in the knees and start fawning over what the other poster had said. You are coming on here and going after me again. Okay you wanna play, let's play. What exact kind of experience do you have? And how do you know what kind of experience the guy you are vouching for has? Have you met him? Do you know him personally? Have you served with him? Why should I take your word for anything, when you haven't shown any evidence that you or he know what you are talking about? Unless you can answer those questions, you are just another 12 year old kid, trying to get the rest of us to believe that some other 12 year old kid knows what he is talking about because he fed you a good line over the computer. For all I know, he could very well be the next Chuck Norris. But I am sure as heck not going to take your word for it without a bit more evidence than "If I'm not mistaken, he's with ODA. Either way, his credentials are solid." He has not come back on here to give any answers to a fairly basic question about his posting. He could be busy. Or he could be ducking. We won't know until he answers. Until he does, quit cluttering up the thread with your baseless Bromantic comments about it. He is the one that should be answering. Not you.

-Mb
Dude relax. Why ask for my experience when you have already stated that myself and 18D are 12 year old kids and could say anything? I couldn't care less if you don't believe either one of us. We were doing this to help you but clearly you have everything figured out.
Old 07-05-2013, 6:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

"Less QQ, More Pew Pew"

So... What part of my post do you guys not understand?
Old 07-05-2013, 7:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
No one is forcing you to look at posts without pictures.
Old 07-05-2013, 7:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Whoa dude. Why don't you post some pictures then?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 AM

To those who post their pics..... Thanks!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 AM

Just ordered an SEO tear off IFAK and comms pouch. Still need to get some plates as well
Old 08-01-2013, 7:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 08-01-2013, 8:07 PM

I see so many plate carriers W/out plates. Why not buy plates before you buy 800 mag pouches? :shrug

RD Game Calls Silver Pro-Staff
RD Game Calls
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM

Anyone else in here using the AR500 steel plates? I just use them for my setup around the house here. Feels heavy to me putting on but when I'm wearing it, it doesn't feel to bad for me.

I was telling my friend about this armor and he was telling me about Ned Kelly. Pretty entertaining bit of history.
Old 08-02-2013, 5:08 AM

My completed carrier is worth over a grand, so I can understand why some are slower to complete them.

Level IV ceramic, backed by Level III soft armor, and still need side plates, shoulders and groin.

Not the current pouch configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4literranger485 View Post
I see so many plate carriers W/out plates. Why not buy plates before you buy 800 mag pouches? :shrug
Old 08-02-2013, 9:33 PM

Last edited by Half-Bear; 08-02-2013 at 9:55 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 9:48 PM
Veteran Member

My personal PC I brought to Afghanistan. Was so thankful for this on pats versus the MTV they issued us. I eventually want a set of DKX armor plates to put in this.

Last edited by Germz; 08-02-2013 at 9:51 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Bear View Post

What med pouch is that?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrd87 View Post
What med pouch is that?

It's actually a general purpose pouch sewn into the panel. Most use it to store a blow out kit.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member

Appears to be an OSOE Micro Rig without the straps.
http://www.originalsoegear.com/microrig.html
Old 08-03-2013, 6:08 AM

Quote:
Appears to be an OSOE Micro Rig without the straps.
http://www.originalsoegear.com/microrig.html
Correct

Last edited by Half-Bear; 08-03-2013 at 7:46 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 9:29 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Why the red Kydex on the inside facing panels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffu View Post

I have a perfect Burning Man attendance record: zero.

You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Like who?
Farmers.
Who else?
Farmers' mums.
Old 08-03-2013, 3:10 PM
Veteran Member

Before I add my TCI DPTT and my Dark angel med that came in today..
Old 08-05-2013, 8:03 AM

I'm looking for input so that I can soon post a pic here. I am considering the TAG Banshee and the PIG so far. The pig is more than double the price of the banshee but if its worth it I will get it. Those of you that have either or both what do you think of them?