Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-20-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater View Post
That sucks, but due to the influx of both legal and illegal marijuana growers in the area, he probably wants to see if anyone decent will vouch for a new applicant, and it weeds (pun intended) out those that aren't as determined to get a permit.

I could see that as a valid reason for it. I'm glad I don't need to worry about it as a renewal but like I told my wife you have plenty of co workers that you see in a daily basis, so between that and friends it's not a big deal.
Old 08-31-2016, 5:40 PM

Smile Does Anyone Know how the CCW applications works with ACPD since I live in the city?

I live in Angels so I was wondering if anyone know the requirements they have set to get a CCW from from them.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by This We'll Defend; 08-31-2016 at 8:28 PM..
Old 08-31-2016, 7:34 PM

ACPD Chief Todd Fordahl requires new applicants to provide 3 letters of recommendation, 3 guns can be listed on license with make/model/serial#/caliber, new applicants have $75 fee to the City and approximately $100 for DOJ fingerprinting fee, renewals are $25 to City and $52 for DOJ.

Contact Ms. Teresa Pry at 736-2567, 200 Monte Verda St, Angels Camp
No appointment necessary, but Tuesdays are preferred

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable, what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. -Captain Barbossa
Old 08-31-2016, 8:30 PM

Quote:
ACPD Chief Todd Fordahl requires new applicants to provide 3 letters of recommendation, 3 guns can be listed on license with make/model/serial#/caliber, new applicants have $75 fee to the City and approximately $100 for DOJ fingerprinting fee, renewals are $25 to City and $52 for DOJ.

Contact Ms. Teresa Pry at 736-2567, 200 Monte Verda St, Angels Camp
No appointment necessary, but Tuesdays are preferred

What about age requirements, how long you've been a resident and such?
Old 08-31-2016, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by This We'll Defend View Post
What about age requirements, how long you've been a resident and such?
Good question...the CCW info I have on the City from the course I took at WTS does not mention age, but it is probably 21, similar to the County's requirement, and actually isn't that pretty much true statewide? As for residency, it does not mention that, either. The County Sheriff's application requires proof of residency, but does not mention a time frame, so likely long enough that you can prove it. Also, there is no mention of the CCW class hours required, but if similar to the County, would just be a one-day course. Best to talk to Teresa to verify everything you'll need...good luck!

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable, what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Old 08-31-2016, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Good question...the CCW info I have on the City from the course I took at WTS does not mention age, but it is probably 21, similar to the County's requirement, and actually isn't that pretty much true statewide? As for residency, it does not mention that, either. The County Sheriff's application requires proof of residency, but does not mention a time frame, so likely long enough that you can prove it. Also, there is no mention of the CCW class hours required, but if similar to the County, would just be a one-day course. Best to talk to Teresa to verify everything you'll need...good luck!
As far as I know from reading CA PC's there is no age limit a person needs to be to get a CCW (but most likely need to be 18). I was just wondering cause I own a pistol, I'm just not 21 yet but I would like to get my CCW ASAP.
Thank you!
Old 09-03-2016, 8:57 AM

Whatever you do find out from AC PD, please post it here so that it might help someone else in the near future. Thanks!

Old 09-22-2016, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

one more tick done, life scan today, and gun "check".
now wait on the background check.
county wants three letters from non family. ( within 30 days).
was told should get permit jan - feb 2017. background check delay thing.
and of course more money.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
one more tick done, life scan today, and gun "check".
now wait on the background check.
county wants three letters from non family. ( within 30 days).
was told should get permit jan - feb 2017. background check delay thing.
and of course more money.

Wow, things are definitely moving slower for initial applicants than they used to, but renewals only take 2-3 weeks from submitting the application. Are you fairly new to the county, or long-time resident just now applying?

Old 09-22-2016, 2:48 PM
Veteran Member

been living here for better than a decade. just this year got my butt in gear and doing it.
i took a loong time in getting to the class so delay there was on me.
the sheriffs office has been good on the time frame.
Karen said one gentleman got the ok in 30 days. but not to expect less than 3-4 months for the feds to do there thing.
otherwise all is done and permit is "ready" for me.
just to fill in a couple "blanks" three letters, and proof from the tax board.

i forget the "first" day i turned in the paperwork to start this. but has been less than 4 months, if i remember correctly.

not in a hurry, no need to "rush it".
waiting on arazona and nevada. both started after ca. expect to see both of them before i see the Ca permit.

as for the angles camp police? i do not know there. need somebody living in the city limits to post up. as they are the only "city" in this county.

everything else goes through the sheriffs office, in san andreas.
no line out the door, but they do a number of them each month. as for getting a "county" issued permit, it is almost a shall issue.
mostly a paperwork delay, and fed holdup.

Old 10-14-2016, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Smile

well today i handed over my three voucher letters, and tax papers (proof i live in the county).
all the "i" and "t" are done now the wait, was told Jan- February.

easy doing just took a bit longer, one of my voucher letter writers took a long time to do a paragraph.

when i go to get my permit have one more tax to pay, just so i can do what "shall not be infringed".

i see no reason to not go to a school just to learn good gun handling and the law, but should not have to do any of the "other" stuff just to carry protection.

image if one had to prove the need for health care, auto insurance, home insurance, etc, etc.

and my Arizona permit has arrived.

Old 10-14-2016, 5:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Whatever you do find out from AC PD, please post it here so that it might help someone else in the near future. Thanks!
easy deal really.

turn in form,
write in reason, couple paragraphs is all you need. nothing fancy just a valid reason for you to carry a concealed gun on your person.
(health, safety, family).
pay a tax,

go to a "approved school" MUST qualify with each gun on your permit.
(pay there fee).

take guns to be used (three allowed). MUST be unloaded and in locked containers. (proof you have the guns to be listed on your permit).

get three letters from friends, NOT family.
(proof you are not so crazy).

a paper from the county tax office.
(proof you live in the county)

wait.
(will advise)

Old 10-14-2016, 9:06 PM

Let's hope the wait for your license to exercise your right is short! Yeah, that just sounds so oxymoronic...

Old 10-16-2016, 8:17 PM

It's running 120 days right now. Wife's time is almost up.
Old 10-17-2016, 7:24 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
well today i handed over my three voucher letters, and tax papers (proof i live in the county).

What kind of good cause statement do they require? Is Self Defense good enough or do they want more?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 10-22-2016, 6:29 AM

I used to protect my self and my family word for word. Been using it for about 6 years now
Old 11-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

well today i recived my nevada permit. Arizona came in a bit back.
had a i dot t cross problem there and still got that one first.
started the ca permit first and still waiting on it.
started Arizona last and recived it first.

might go up to K falls next week and start my oregon paperwork?
see if it arrives before my ca does?

Old 11-20-2016, 6:13 AM

Quote:
well today i recived my nevada permit. Arizona came in a bit back.

had a i dot t cross problem there and still got that one first.

started the ca permit first and still waiting on it.

started Arizona last and recived it first.

might go up to K falls next week and start my oregon paperwork?

see if it arrives before my ca does?

Where'd you go for the NV permit
Old 11-21-2016, 1:40 PM

Is there an advantage to going through NV class/process when NV has reciprocity with AZ and you have AZ?
Old 12-10-2016, 8:12 PM

Quote:
all the "i" and "t" are done now the wait, was told Jan- February.

easy doing just took a bit longer, one of my voucher letter writers took a long time to do a paragraph.

when i go to get my permit have one more tax to pay, just so i can do what "shall not be infringed".

i see no reason to not go to a school just to learn good gun handling and the law, but should not have to do any of the "other" stuff just to carry protection.

image if one had to prove the need for health care, auto insurance, home insurance, etc, etc.

and my Arizona permit has arrived.

What kind of tax papers do you need property tax ( what if you rent ) or tax returns ?
Old 12-10-2016, 8:16 PM

Default Help with answers

Looking to get my ccw I currently live in an unfriendly county that does issue. But I have owned a second home in C.C. for over 20 years, I am changing my Drivers License to show Arnold as my residence, what other forms of proof will I need ? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
That sucks, but due to the influx of both legal and illegal marijuana growers in the area, he probably wants to see if anyone decent will vouch for a new applicant, and it weeds (pun intended) out those that aren't as determined to get a permit.
I explained to them that I'm not in the habit of soliciting letters or recommendation, I stand or fall on my own two feet. They could care less...

Therefore, no soup for me.

Oh well, if I ever actually need to carry a concealed weapon, regulations will not be at the top of my mind..
Old 12-22-2016, 10:19 AM

The Soup Nazi strikes again...

Old 01-11-2017, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

Smile

hurray,
today got a call from the sheriffs office.
ccw is "in".
tuesday i go in for the twenty questions, another $80.usd. and (pending any problems) bring the paperwork home and can carry in ca.

what questions have been asked of others?

Old 01-11-2017, 3:35 PM

Quote:
hurray,
today got a call from the sheriffs office.
ccw is "in".
tuesday i go in for the twenty questions, another $80.usd. and (pending any problems) bring the paperwork home and can carry in ca.

what questions have been asked of others?

Is that a new step, or I wonder if it's the same one that they had before but never really implemented? It used to be that the Sheriff or staff might interview you to determine your character, but I never had such an interview...just filled out the application and got approved. With the additional steps they seem to be taking now, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do a formal question/answer thing.

Old 01-11-2017, 5:52 PM
Veteran Member

unknown to me as to what is asked.
some have posted talking about "the " football game.

unless the powers to be are playing you.
it would be more a feel as to how and were you are at.

aka: as in should they give a ccw to one who will never use the gun even if there life is in danger.
or one who would boast "i just butchered the mf".

or just the guy (gal) who is willing to take the steps necessary to protect the life's of there family. and feel bad for shooting another.

no body wants a rambo out there carrying a gun. nor a person that would just allow the crook to take the gun out of there hands.

Old 01-11-2017, 6:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidiver View Post
Is there an advantage to going through NV class/process when NV has reciprocity with AZ and you have AZ?
i did the class for nevada in nevada,
http://nevadacarry.blogspot.com/2016...in-nevada.html

a ca class for ca.
but arizona accepts from both states schooling. as does oregon.

never really planed anything. just the way it worked out.
arizona is a free state, just does the out of state ccw's for the free moneys.
easiest to get. apply, with fingerprints, proof of schooling, and pay the fee.
they check you out, and issue a card (no photo).

http://www.azdps.gov/services/concealed_weapons/

all that has been done within the time for the ca permit.
calaveras county is (so called) easy but has hurdles (mo$tly time) and has to go through the states doj office down in sac.

Old 01-17-2017, 8:15 AM
Veteran Member

Smile

a good six months, couple bill$.

finally have my Ca ccw permit in my pocket.
Old 01-23-2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumber1 View Post
Looking to get my ccw I currently live in an unfriendly county that does issue. But I have owned a second home in C.C. for over 20 years, I am changing my Drivers License to show Arnold as my residence, what other forms of proof will I need ? Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
bump
Old 01-23-2017, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

proof of residency?
DL,
property tax papers,
they give you a listing or approved schools.
couple letters( not family).
they do finger prints.

i do not remember anything about how long in county.
age? legal age to own said guns. you are golden.
can do three guns.
( sheriff stated he is trying to get limit up to five guns).
reason, a bit more than just "want one, or personal safery".

easy realy just doj delay things.
Old 02-20-2017, 7:39 AM

I will be relocating to Calaveras County in the next 60 days or so. I looked at the Sheriff's website and was unable to find any CCW information. Do I need to go to the Sheriff's office to get the process moving?
Old 02-20-2017, 7:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
I will be relocating to Calaveras County in the next 60 days or so. I looked at the Sheriff's website and was unable to find any CCW information. Do I need to go to the Sheriff's office to get the process moving?
http://sheriff.calaverasgov.us/Forms...0/Default.aspx
Old 02-20-2017, 11:37 AM

As stated elsewhere but not on the Calaveras link provided by Paladin, you'll need 3 reference letters from non-relatives, so I'd probably get those rolling. This requirement was enacted after the last time they updated their website.

Old 02-20-2017, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Thanks for the link. I looked all over that site and couldn't find the application. My own stupidity, I'm sure!

And thanks darkwater. I'll get on the letters right away. My target move-in date is April 1.
Old 02-24-2017, 2:31 PM

Another inquiry. Does anybody have any samples(or pointers on content) of the character reference letters you have submitted. I have tapped a couple of folks for letters and the standard response has been "what should it say?"

I don't know what to tell them...
Old 03-02-2017, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Another inquiry. Does anybody have any samples(or pointers on content) of the character reference letters you have submitted. I have tapped a couple of folks for letters and the standard response has been "what should it say?"

I don't know what to tell them...

Just google character reference letters and you'll find all you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2017, 1:34 PM

Well, we are moved in and officially residents of Calaveras County. My wife and I are heading the the SO Friday with our applications. We were able to secure letters from a retired postmaster, a current SJCSO deputy and the mayor of our former hometown. Hopefully, those will suffice.

Any last minute advice?
Old 04-13-2017, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Well, we are moved in and officially residents of Calaveras County. My wife and I are heading the the SO Friday with our applications. We were able to secure letters from a retired postmaster, a current SJCSO deputy and the mayor of our former hometown. Hopefully, those will suffice.

Any last minute advice?

Good luck. Sheriff and the office are good people and easy to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2017, 11:20 AM

We went in last week. The gal was very nice. She had both my wife and I expand our good cause statements beyond self defense. Other than that, we were in and out in about 20 minutes. Now we wait.
Old 04-20-2017, 5:32 AM

We both got approval calls yesterday. That was fast! It's almost like living in free America...