Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 05-20-2017, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophil2 View Post
...I consider myself a novice but I am better than a typical guy at the range...
I think that is pretty clear. I was just trying to move you into legend status by having you post a clean target with enough shots in it to give you the accolades you deserve. Refer to my avatar...lol
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Meh, this is not a bench or match gun. 3 shots is plenty, imo. You just want to know you can put a bullet on target on demand.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
What type of ammo are you throwing though the RPPR?

I have a regular American, which has a lighter barrel than the Predator, but it still puts down a reasonable looking group. I would venture to guess brake and stock wont change any mechanical accuracy, but if it helps you get more comfortable behind the gun, that can help a lot of its a shooter issue. Ergonomics can go a long way sometimes.
i was using Hornady Whitetail 129 grain for the sake of accustoming to the rifle, and for the brass. I was getting used to it, but shot 4 Hornady ELD match and they were a bit off. Too bad I didn't take any pics, but will do next time around
Old 08-13-2017, 4:31 PM

Just joined the club with a 6.5 Predator. Cabela's has them on sale for $399 minus $20 coupon, minus another $20 veteran discount put it at $359. Threw in some points to knock it down more. No DROS or tax where I live.

Did the trigger coil cut and took some sandpaper to the front of the barrel channel. Mounted a Vortex 6.5-20x44 Viper in Vortex rings.

FYI Cabela's has the Whitetail load on sale for $18 and change. I've got 3 boxes coming.

Haven't made it to the range yet. Probably later in the week. My goal is a long range deer/antelope rifle.

Last edited by AdiosKali; 08-14-2017 at 5:15 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 4:49 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

I have an Athlon Argos BTR 8-34x50 FFP MIL coming in this week. A customer insisted on buying my 6x24 so I am trying out this other one. If I can get it zero'd this week I will see how it does at my 925 and 1225 yd spots on Saturday and may try further out of there is time. Hoping to go to 1 mile but who knows. It;s a bit hot to be out now.

01FFL/03SOT AND 07FFL/02SOT

MY CALGUNS COMMERCIAL SALES SUBFORUM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=376
Old 08-14-2017, 5:13 PM

Good luck!

Looks like Wednesday will be the range day for mine.

Picked up 3 boxes of the Hornady Whitetail ammo to go with the 2 I had. Also got a box of the 143 Precision Hunters. If nothing else, I'll have some brass for when I fire up the reloader. I still have to get some dies but have to do some research to figure out which ones to get.
Old 08-15-2017, 8:54 AM

Brownells - HORNADY - AMERICAN GUNNER AMMO 6.5MM CREEDMOOR 140GR BOAT TAIL HOLLOW POINT

This factory load shoots great in my 6.5 Creedmoor Predator. And costs less than $1 per shot!

I've already bought my fill, so get it while it lasts.
Old 08-17-2017, 1:19 PM

Spent a few hours at the range today with the 6.5 CM American Predator. Went slow with cleaning between shots and getting the scope dialed in. Could only go to 100 yds due to a match at the longer range. Three groups at 100 were within 1" with one group having two bullets virtually in the same hole. I only expect it to get better and am pretty happy with the results for breaking it in with the cheapest ammo on the market. With the trigger mod, it is one of the better triggers I have other than the Geissele.

I have a muzzle brake coming tomorrow and will order a kydex cheek riser in the future. I like the looks of the Boyds Prairie Hunter stock but after I priced it out with the options, I'll have to wait awhile and it may make a good project after hunting season as it will need some glass bedding.