Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-19-2018, 9:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog10 View Post
I'm going to my CCW gun safety class at the Ben Clark training center this Saturday.

I've never received info on exactly where to meet for the Saturday class. Do I meet the instructors at the range at 8 am and is there a classroom there?

Any help on where to meet would be greatly appreciated!
I did a write up here. Here is a great video on the CCW training at Ben Clark. BTW, are you sure it is this Saturday? Ben Clark CCW Training is usually the first Saturday of the month.

Last edited by beachtech; 10-19-2018 at 9:18 AM..
Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 AM

Riverside Sheriff Stan Sniff Sued for “Discriminatory & Unconstitutional” CCW Policy

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/cal...nal-ccw-policy
Old 10-19-2018, 12:19 PM

https://www.calgunsfoundation.org/ri...tan_sniff_sued
Old 10-20-2018, 7:56 AM

https://rightondaily.com/2018/10/sta...1-of-a-series/
Old 10-21-2018, 5:55 PM

I did my live scan today and now I don't remember how I'm supposed to get the copy to the ccw unit. Do I scan and email it, Or mail it in? Thanks
Old 10-21-2018, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
I did a write up here. Here is a great video on the CCW training at Ben Clark. BTW, are you sure it is this Saturday? Ben Clark CCW Training is usually the first Saturday of the month.

So it for sure has increased in frequency at Ben Clark. At least 3 Saturday’s a month. The instructors were putting in to cover 3 saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2018, 8:42 PM

Does anybody know the fees for ben clark? I remember him saying 100 but what are the fees for additional firearms? I'll be putting 5 on mine I need to know how many more checks I need to bring for each firearm.
I did look on the pdf of the both apps and checked ben Clark's site but did not see it or missed it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears100th4l View Post
I did my live scan today and now I don't remember how I'm supposed to get the copy to the ccw unit. Do I scan and email it, Or mail it in? Thanks
Each interviewer does it differently. Mine (Feliciano) had me scan it and email it; others have you drop it off at Ben Clark.
Old 10-22-2018, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamduh View Post
Does anybody know the fees for ben clark? I remember him saying 100 but what are the fees for additional firearms? I'll be putting 5 on mine I need to know how many more checks I need to bring for each firearm.

The $100 is all you need. That is for up to 6 guns.
Old 10-22-2018, 6:12 AM

Quote:
I did look on the pdf of the both apps and checked ben Clark's site but did not see it or missed it.

Up to 6 firearms. Know the make and model and serial, write them down. $100 check or money order MADE OUT TO “Riverside County Sheriff’s Department”. Make sure your name and address are in the check.

100 bucks for up to six firearms. Ben Clark is the cheapest training and qualification around per gun, if you don’t mind some super sketchy people bolstering guns next to you. The range masters are very helpful and funny.

Old 10-22-2018, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpro4u View Post
Up to 6 firearms. Know the make and model and serial, write them down. $100 check or money order MADE OUT TO “Riverside County Sheriff’s Department”. Make sure your name and address are in the check.

100 bucks for up to six firearms. Ben Clark is the cheapest training and qualification around per gun, if you don’t mind some super sketchy people bolstering guns next to you. The range masters are very helpful and funny.

So do I need a copy of the weapons I'm qualifying with again ? The deputy already has my app with that info should I bring it again? Write down the serial numbers, make, model where?

Old 10-22-2018, 7:01 AM

Quote:
So do I need a copy of the weapons I'm qualifying with again ? The deputy already has my app with that info should I bring it again? Write down the serial numbers, make, model where?

The range will safety check your firearms. On that form you’ll need make and model and serial. You hand the form to the safety officer when your weapons get inspected. It makes for a much smoother flow in the line. It will amaze you how many people are at these classes, and are not on this forum. Many if not the majority come ill prepared.
Bring a pen too. They prefer an outside WB holster, but you can use in waste band type. They don’t like the shooter struggling to get the weapon into a collapsed holster (leather for example). If using iwb make sure it’s a kydex type to prevent collapse of the opening due to your belt. . The form will be handed out to you at the class.

Old 10-22-2018, 8:41 AM

Thx for the info hdpro4u, also is that the only place to get that form? Can I get a pdf version if that anywhere? So i can pre fill all that info before I'm on site?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Thx for the info hdpro4u, also is that the only place to get that form? Can I get a pdf version if that anywhere? So i can pre fill all that info before I'm on site?

As far as I know it’s only available on-site although Yazzo was saying this should be handed out during interview to speed things along.
The longest part of my training was waiting for everyone to write “riverside sheriffs dept” on the checks and finding their name. We got in the class at 7:45, actually started 8:24.
The reason I said to write down SN, make and model was for quick reference. Once they send you over to the range people were whipping out their guns in their car getting the data. Others waited till inspection and had to wait longer cause it wasn’t filled in.

During quals, they let one gun applicants go first. It thinned the herd a bit. Most had 2-4. If you have 3 magazines bring them. They allow reload if you don’t but it’s just time...one safety officer was inserting magazines, I believe this was for the function tests of California magazine in to fire pistols.

Old 10-22-2018, 7:50 PM

how can we add a gun after the fact.I've already qualified. I don't mind paying another $100 to add and qualify again... glock 42/43 here I come!
Old 10-22-2018, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
how can we add a gun after the fact.I've already qualified. I don't mind paying another $100 to add and qualify again... glock 42/43 here I come!
I think I remember reading something about amending docs for changes. Fees to amend the docs for any changes is $10 so I would assume that fee is to make any changes to submitted documents already. I maybe wrong though.

Old 10-22-2018, 9:30 PM

yes there's a small fee to amend, don't forget you will still need to do another round of qualifications.. Get your pistols ready! I made the mistake of not bringing all my guns!
Old 10-22-2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
yes there's a small fee to amend, don't forget you will still need to do another round of qualifications.. Get your pistols ready! I made the mistake of not bringing all my guns!
I'm rdy for my qual on the 3rd