Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-07-2019, 3:57 PM

Default GSSF pistol transfer (in sac or SF bay)

A question to the gods and masters of GSSF!
After participating for 5 years in matches in NorCal, Iíve finally won a pistol.
The instructions from GSSF is to provide the FFL permit/paperwork for the FFL we want the pistol shipped to. My usual go to shop in Sacramento will not give out a copy of their FFL, so this might be a problem with others as well.
Could anyone suggest an FFL that theyíve had a good experience with pistol transfer, preferably in Sac, or SF Bay Area!
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Old 05-07-2019, 7:12 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhun View Post
After participating for 5 years in matches in NorCal, Iíve finally won a pistol.
The instructions from GSSF is to provide the FFL permit/paperwork for the FFL we want the pistol shipped to. My usual go to shop in Sacramento will not give out a copy of their FFL, so this might be a problem with others as well.
Could anyone suggest an FFL that theyíve had a good experience with pistol transfer, preferably in Sac, or SF Bay Area!
Did you ask if you bring them a self addressed stamped envelope with the certificate if they would drop their FFL + CFD inside, and drop it in the mail for you?
Old 05-07-2019, 7:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just did a PPT at Peninsula Gun and Tactical in San Bruno today, my first time there but seller apparently uses them a lot. Small shop but very cool guys, informative and fast.
Old 05-07-2019, 7:58 PM

Ammo Supply Point in Vacaville or Triple As in Vallejo are great places to do a transfer.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 1:30 AM

Quote:

The first time I used a cert I went to a shop with it. They looked at it, told me to fill it out and then said they'd mail it off and they'd call me when it arrives. Everything went as said.

Also ask them about transfer fees. When I was surveying ffl's I found that dealers would be charge transfer but blue label shops wouldn't.

Last edited by Dooder; 05-08-2019 at 1:39 AM..
Old 05-08-2019, 6:22 AM

Thanks all for the suggestions. I will try the stamped envelope thing, thanks to Roundeye and Dooder for the idea.
I think a G26 is in the works, so I can add Sub to the divisions I play in!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 AM

UG Imports in Fremont does them frequently, and just did one for me.

https://www.ugimports.com/

By appointment only, but give them an e-mail, and mail the certificate in and they will take care of it.

$50 fee but it's no hassle.

The challenge as you are finding out is getting an FFL to comply with the documentation process Glock requires.

Did you just get the certificate in the mail? I'm expecting one too.

Last edited by Snoopy47; 05-08-2019 at 10:44 AM..
Old 05-09-2019, 7:17 PM
Veteran Member

Is Sac Black Rifle a blue label shop?. if so use them

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun

Help VSA help the troops.

http://veteranssportsmanalliance.org/
Old 05-09-2019, 8:32 PM
Calguns Addict

When I ordered my last GSSF win, I went through Left Coast Tactical (they are on Matherfield Drive in Rancho Cordova). https://www.leftcoasttactical.com/

You don't even need to go in. Just hit their link and you'll get a copy of their FFL to mail in. It is on you to track when you pistol is due in the shop as they won't be contacting you
Old 05-09-2019, 10:05 PM

UGI: Good to know of a tried and true place for this, Snoop. Hoping to try a place around Sac first tho.
Sac Black is supposed to be a blue label store. Left Coast Tactical could work too. If they don't let you know when the gun comes in, does GSSF send tracking info?
Old 05-13-2019, 10:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Left Coast Tactical could work too. If they don't let you know when the gun comes in, does GSSF send tracking info?
Yup, GSSF notifies you when they ship and provide a tracking number.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:23 PM

The Gun Range / Watt Ave has great customer service
Old 05-25-2019, 7:31 AM

I’m probably late to this but the easiest way is to find a blue label dealer and go through them. I won 2 and it still ends up costing 200 per gun.
Old 05-25-2019, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish45 View Post
Iím probably late to this but the easiest way is to find a blue label dealer and go through them. I won 2 and it still ends up costing 200 per gun.
Why $200 per gun? That's insane. Should be done for $25-$100 otd.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2019, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Iím probably late to this but the easiest way is to find a blue label dealer and go through them. I won 2 and it still ends up costing 200 per gun.
you got ripped off

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun

Help VSA help the troops.

http://veteranssportsmanalliance.org/
Old 05-29-2019, 10:02 AM

50/ transfer
25/ DROS
50/ taxes
8/ gun lock
60ish/ Upgrade fee

I got a 20 and 34 and you have to pay glock the difference between the base models and "more expensive" models.

The only thing that bothered me was the tax thing the FFL made me pay for the board of equalization or wherever he pays taxes.

I can't complain about getting a free gun, but I can complain about having to pay taxes on a "free" gun that wasn't sold and therefore shouldn't need taxes collected.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:04 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
50/ transfer
25/ DROS
50/ taxes
8/ gun lock
60ish/ Upgrade fee

I got a 20 and 34 and you have to pay glock the difference between the base models and "more expensive" models.

The only thing that bothered me was the tax thing the FFL made me pay for the board of equalization or wherever he pays taxes.

I can't complain about getting a free gun, but I can complain about having to pay taxes on a "free" gun that wasn't sold and therefore shouldn't need taxes collected.
If he collected sales tax on a prize, he violated the law, and should be reported. If you win above the IRS threshold GLOCK will 1099 you for tax due. Since you won two guns, you should have received a 1099 from GLOCK in that given year.

The guns come with a lock from the factory, so I am not sure why you purchased another one.

You can't get around the $25 DROS fee unless you're 1:30 exempt, then you could have done both guns on a single $25 fee.

Last edited by RoundEye; 05-29-2019 at 12:06 PM..
Old 05-29-2019, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
If he collected sales tax on a prize, he violated the law, and should be reported.
Yea, the only taxes you pay are the against UPGRADE fee if you so choose to do that. So you're looking at $60ish bucks plus the DROS plus the Transfer.

Well, just dropped my certificate in from my win last March. A G21 should be here just in time to make it for the October match without having any serious trigger time behind it.
Old 05-29-2019, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
If he collected sales tax on a prize, he violated the law, and should be reported. If you win above the IRS threshold GLOCK will 1099 you for tax due. Since you won two guns, you should have received a 1099 from GLOCK in that given year.

The guns come with a lock from the factory, so I am not sure why you purchased another one.

You can't get around the $25 DROS fee unless you're 1:30 exempt, then you could have done both guns on a single $25 fee.
Im not going to blame a shop for the lock thing because they are trying to cover their *** because our gun laws suck. Im also not going to blame the shop for the tax thing because I trust them enough that their not intentionally trying to get me over.

Never said they were both in the same year.

No **** I'm not getting around the dros fee. The original point I'm making is that for me it would have been easier to use another shop, and it could help to have looked elsewhere to have done it.