Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 11-17-2017, 1:58 PM
Skip_Dog's Avatar
Skip_Dog Skip_Dog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 515
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-17-2017, 2:59 PM
madjack956's Avatar
madjack956 madjack956 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ORANGE COUNTY
Posts: 2,368
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
I see wasted meat all the time, hunters killing a duck , goose, etc and cutting the breast meat off and throwing the rest in the garbage, side of the road.

people hunting bull frogs and just cutting off the legs and throwing the rest back in the water, lots of wasted meat still on the body.

it's usually white hunters that do this, other people dont waste the meat like that
Them damn whiteys!
__________________
Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-19-2017, 9:32 AM
floogy's Avatar
floogy floogy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,625
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Trophy hunting fulfills one to several of your arbitrary personal requirements for ethical hunting. Who else will give tens of thousands of dollars for wardens who risk their lives to protect wildlife? You? Random rich people?

Using emotion to make decisions rather than reason usually ends badly. Which is why we have PETA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Yep, that just happened.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-19-2017, 9:51 AM
superdave50 superdave50 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central valley
Posts: 174
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
I see wasted meat all the time, hunters killing a duck , goose, etc and cutting the breast meat off and throwing the rest in the garbage, side of the road.

people hunting bull frogs and just cutting off the legs and throwing the rest back in the water, lots of wasted meat still on the body.

it's usually white hunters that do this, other people dont waste the meat like that
Your sjw racism is showing
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:13 PM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 12,967
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Always cracks me up when people invent their own list of moral/ethical/acceptable reasons for killing, then use it to declare that everyone else is immoral/unethical/unacceptable.

I think that people who kill spiders should eat them. I also think that mountain lions should be prosecuted for any animal they kill, particularly if they don't eat all the meat. I also think that wolves should pay taxes and buy tags if they are going to eat elk in Yellowstone so we can all fairly compete for the kill. How about the evolution and survival of the fittest? Just a scientific theory, or unpleasant reality?

See how it works?
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-19-2017, 12:17 PM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 9,017
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

^^^ Appropriate satire. I do not hunt for trophies and eat all that I shoot except for varmints both 2 and 4 legged species.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-19-2017, 2:36 PM
JTROKS's Avatar
JTROKS JTROKS is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NorCal - Bay Area
Posts: 10,438
iTrader: 129 / 100%
Default

People have their reasons to hunt. I keep hearing bison hunting is worth it because of the meat and there is a market for every part of the animal. I would hunt it for the meat for it is quite delicious. Then there’s a very lucrative market for endangered big cats in Asia and also in the US due to rich-med class Asian Americans.

__________________
The wise man said just find your place
In the eye of the storm
Seek the roses along the way
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-19-2017, 2:56 PM
tuna quesadilla tuna quesadilla is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Placentia
Posts: 3,745
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post
"This message is hidden because "whashisface" is on your ignore list."
.
Yup. Troll just looking to troll some more.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-19-2017, 5:38 PM
tamalpias tamalpias is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,776
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
People have their reasons to hunt. I keep hearing bison hunting is worth it because of the meat and there is a market for every part of the animal. I would hunt it for the meat for it is quite delicious. Then there’s a very lucrative market for endangered big cats in Asia and also in the US due to rich-med class Asian Americans.

That diagram is false, no mention of tiger penis as an afrodisiac





__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-19-2017, 9:02 PM
Josh3239's Avatar
Josh3239 Josh3239 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 8,975
iTrader: 55 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
The reason they are not currently extinct is simple. Rich guys will pay big bucks to hunt specific, carefully chosen specimens chosen to ensure genetic diversity and maximum breeding. The money from these legal hunts goes DIRECTLY to hire game wardens who protect the viable breeding stock left over after the hunt. Well over 90% of the money that hires these wardens comes from hunters. Not photographers. Not Leo DiCaprio. Trophy hunters.

Stop trophy hunting, and you ENSURE that lions, rhinos, elephants are ALL EXTINCT in the wild inside a few years.

Period.


Needs to be said again.
__________________
Proud NRA Life Member As Of 2016


"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened." – Norman Thomas, American socialist

Last edited by Josh3239; 11-19-2017 at 9:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-19-2017, 9:24 PM
SonofWWIIDI's Avatar
SonofWWIIDI SonofWWIIDI is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Clara county
Posts: 20,579
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Let me get this straight.

You and some others believe that trophy hunting isn't right?

Good for you. Then don't trophy hunt.

Also, don't tell other people what they can and cannot do because you don't believe in it. That's when the cart starts rolling downhill, backward and begins running over stuff you do agree with.

Proper, managed trophy hunting benefits a lot of folks and keeps some species from becoming extinct.

It's poaching that is the problem IMHO. Folks who don't care about management and just want to kill something.

So please go preach to some SJW snowflakes who agree with you.

JMHO
__________________
•=iii=<(
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 AM
USMCM16A2 USMCM16A2 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,007
iTrader: 96 / 100%
Default

Instead of tiger penis soup, just let him teabag his nuts/jiblets into a pot of warm water. A2
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:17 AM
ef9boy88 ef9boy88 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 467
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness


I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
What about the spider walking across your living room floor? The ants that come in your home during summer looking for water?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 11,445
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Enjoy hunting while you can. When the USA hits 900 million people by 2100 you will be hard pressed to find a place to do it or any animals left to harvest.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Jacobs18 Jacobs18 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I just ask myself, “does someone else shooting an elephant cause me tangible harm?” and then go back to minding my own business.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:22 AM
I take shots I take shots is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What makes an elephant more majestic than a cow? Are we protecting animals on the basis of attractiveness? A lion is looks cooler in your opinion than a pig so it gets to live? The "Majesty" of an animal should have no bearing on the discussion.

You can have your opinions regarding wastefulness but honestly a bear couldn't possibly care less whether you plan to eat it or hang it on the wall. Dead is dead. If you kill a cow for a leather sofa, or you kill a lion for a wall hanging I'm not seeing much of an ethical difference. Especially if you donate the meat as is typical in my understanding of trophy hunts.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-20-2017, 6:54 PM
mosin of nagareth's Avatar
mosin of nagareth mosin of nagareth is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 208
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
Educate myself? Well, I heard it from a conservative radio talk show host, Mark Levin. It was not some Bambi-huggin' liberal that I heard it from.

He hated that a magnificent animal as the elephant was hunted for pure sport or ivory profit and that a tiger was killed as a mere sex enhancer.

Perhaps, you should call up Mark Levin in his hidden underground bunker of brick and steel and explain that logic to him. A few magnificent animals are killed legally to ironically save the species as a whole from dying out. I personally have no desire for elephant or tiger meat.
Left or right, you shouldn't trust any media source without doing your own basic research.
The goal of media is to make money for their shareholders.
Truth is a secondary concern at best.
Media makes money by selling you, the audience member, along with your faith in them, to advertisers.
Conservative shows target a conservative audience demographic.
You are the commodity being sold to the sponsors.
No conspiracy.
That's just how it works.
As for hunting big game, it does have benefits.
Besides raising lots of money for animal conservation, the harvested meat and animal byproducts go to local communities, which use everything.
Nothing is wasted.
__________________
"Man is an animal whose dreams come true and kill him." --James Tiptree Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-20-2017, 7:54 PM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 10,655
iTrader: 94 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTROKS View Post
People have their reasons to hunt. I keep hearing bison hunting is worth it because of the meat and there is a market for every part of the animal. I would hunt it for the meat for it is quite delicious.
I haven't eaten beef, except for in restaurants, for years. I shoot a bison in the face every spring and live off of the massive amount of VERY tasty and VERY healthy meat that I get from it. I just had bison heart dinner 2 hours ago, and make a fantastic bison tongue soup in the spring.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 PM
mtndragon's Avatar
mtndragon mtndragon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Lake Tahoe
Posts: 69
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Wrong. Demonstrably WRONG.

THERE IS A REASON TO TROPHY HUNT.

Rich guys will pay big bucks to hunt specific, carefully chosen specimens chosen to ensure genetic diversity and maximum breeding. The money from these legal hunts goes DIRECTLY to hire game wardens who protect the viable breeding stock left over after the hunt. Well over 90% of the money that hires these wardens comes from hunters. Not photographers. Not Leo DiCaprio. Trophy hunters.

Stop trophy hunting, and you ENSURE that lions, rhinos, elephants are ALL EXTINCT in the wild inside a few years.

Period.
These links below provide further insight and detail about exactly what is being said above. To save a species it must be valued. To be valued, it must be legally hunted by the wealthy at high prices. And it has to be a cool critter. Fortunately, most critters are cool enough to be hunted.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...val/877314001/

https://www.outdoorlife.com/the-legacy-of-jim-shockey

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4bofso
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Low Light's Avatar
Low Light Low Light is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 825
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Now anyone sport poaching endangered species should be treated just as if they were killing people. They are robbing the earth of millions of years of heritage that is not for them to take. Morally I would have no issue of shoot on site those SOBs to protect the animals.
Make it the ‘Big 6’. Maybe allow the Stephen Paddocks and Devin Kelleys of the world let off some steam. I’d throw in towards a sponsorship.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield47 View Post
I'm rooting for the allied team, I think we won last time but I can't remember. I just remember it was a lot of fun.
I know I'm gonna get got, but I'm going to get mine more than I get got though.
-Marshawn Lynch
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 11-21-2017, 3:35 PM
Sunday Sunday is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Shasta Co.
Posts: 5,594
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness


I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
Poachers do exactly what you dislike. The tribes people are given the meat to eat . Be informed please.
__________________
Most of California's gun owners vote in to office anti gun politicians.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-21-2017, 3:49 PM
Jedediah Munroe Jedediah Munroe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 238
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

http://www.conservationmagazine.org/...-conservation/
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-21-2017, 3:58 PM
God Bless America's Avatar
God Bless America God Bless America is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,789
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15robert View Post
My thoughts on hunting are if you kill it you better eat it or use it in a useful way such as the skin,fur to make something useful.

I dont really agree with killing an exotic animal just to hire a guide take a shot and go home and wait for you new all ornament.

I understand killing predator animals destroying your livestock or a danger to you or others and definitely fine with that too
Locals eat them. Nothing is wasted.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-22-2017, 3:14 PM
tanks's Avatar
tanks tanks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,362
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
...
There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
You realize your point number ONE supports trophy hunting for the reasons you stated.

All of the elephants I have shot:

  1. The meat went to the locals to be eaten.
  2. I kept the leather, got it treated locally (stimulating local economy at $3 sq. feet) I have belts, wallets, boots made of skin and hand them out as gifts.
  3. Parts of the trophy fees went to conservation efforts and locals (last one bought a water pump)
  4. Not to mention employing a PH, PH assistant, game scout, cook, assistant cook, skinners and trackers at 10-15 days at a time. The tips alone were over a years salary in the local market.
__________________
For Sale - Reloading Supplies Powder and Xtreme bullets, For Trade Federal Primers
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1191755
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-26-2017, 10:08 AM
JagerDog's Avatar
JagerDog JagerDog is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 8,455
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness


I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
Trump can't institute or remove a moratorium on hunting elephants, rhinos, lions, etc.
What's on the table is the importation of trophies/souvenirs from legal hunts as regulated by the respective countries they are hunted in.

That you think there's any sort of ban on hunting these animals shows me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. But maybe you'd rather they be poached into extinction for their ivory, horn, etc. than have much greater value as game animals.

FTR, rhino horn isn't ivory either. It's really akin to your fingernails.
__________________
Dems are better at corruption cuz they have so much practice.



#Blackolivesmatter

Last edited by JagerDog; 11-27-2017 at 5:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-27-2017, 4:07 PM
Jacobs18 Jacobs18 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Perhaps the prevalence of “I don’t want to shoot the pretty animal” thoughts is related to the overall decline of America....

*flame suit on*


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-28-2017, 12:28 PM
TexasJackKin's Avatar
TexasJackKin TexasJackKin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: We live between Vacaville and Fairfield
Posts: 576
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Wrong. Demonstrably WRONG.

THERE IS A REASON TO TROPHY HUNT.

And I don't mean that someone wants to, and it's legal, so it's not up to you what anyone else does within these parameters. Though that IS a reason. Your declaration that there is no reason is as meaningful as someone who tells me there is no reason to own and AR rifle, a fast car, or a tailored suit.

No, I didn't mean any of that. I meant you should educate yourself before speaking. The trophy animals, all of them, rhinos, elephants, lion, ALL of them are targets of poachers so Chinese businessmen can get dick pills.

The reason they are not currently extinct is simple. Rich guys will pay big bucks to hunt specific, carefully chosen specimens chosen to ensure genetic diversity and maximum breeding. The money from these legal hunts goes DIRECTLY to hire game wardens who protect the viable breeding stock left over after the hunt. Well over 90% of the money that hires these wardens comes from hunters. Not photographers. Not Leo DiCaprio. Trophy hunters.

Stop trophy hunting, and you ENSURE that lions, rhinos, elephants are ALL EXTINCT in the wild inside a few years.
Period.
I'm just quoting this because it deserves to be read again!

For the OP: It's the difference between thinking with your brain, or thinking with your emotions. It's the same goofball logic that says, "AR 15s are ugly, they should be banned." Even though they are functionally the same as any other semi automatic fire arm. They're just not cute....
__________________
Mike M.
Fairfield, CA
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas Jack
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-28-2017, 2:42 PM
CSACANNONEER's Avatar
CSACANNONEER CSACANNONEER is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 42,129
iTrader: 127 / 100%
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness


I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.

So, you're against all the people who KILL insects and other animals by hitting them with their cars? I mean, think of all the squirrels and bugs that are needlessly killed just so someone can get from point A to point B faster than walking. Yes, killing a bug via a windshield is far more idiotic than trophy hunting is. At least hunters admit that they are killing. All the idiotic drivers who are against trophy hunting have problems trying to justify that they needlessly take thousands of innocent lives every year without any part of the critter going to good use.

There is no reason to kill insects just to get somewhere fast. You can walk instead of driving! Sorry, you can't justify "having to drive" anywhere.
__________________
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor


Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-28-2017, 4:03 PM
Phalanx20mm's Avatar
Phalanx20mm Phalanx20mm is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Bay
Posts: 149
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Because It's legal and some people enjoy doing it. SCI provides a huge influx of cash to Africa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 11-28-2017, 5:04 PM
HOGDOG1955 HOGDOG1955 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,968
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

i cant see a reason that we cant bring back legally taken animals back to this country /state. i mean you go to africa and kill whatever according to the laws of that country then you cant bring it home????same as going to az and killin a lion and you cant bring it to california???? but i also think california should let us catch and sell wild hogs legally like in tx etc. i hunt/kill animals for one reason...i enjoy it. can large scale scorch the earth for profit poaching ruin the hunting for everyone else and also kill off species? yes, so i do have limits,lol. what alot dont understand is peta,hsus, etc see no difference between trophy huntin and true live or die subsistance huntin. to them its all bad and needs to be banned. throw in any animal use from ranching to dog fighting and they feel the same about it, all bad. i never forced a person to go hunting with me or watch a dog fight or a cockfight.......if you dont like it dont do it. but if im not harming you then dont stop me from doin such things.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 11-28-2017, 5:18 PM
101st Airborne's Avatar
101st Airborne 101st Airborne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 526
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
So you're a vegan. Got it. Do you also vape, and do crossfit?
What's wrong with Crossfit?

__________________
Army Veteran 2/31st F.A., 101st Airborne
NRA Endowment Life Member/CGN Contributor
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 11-28-2017, 5:20 PM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,814
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st Airborne View Post
What's wrong with Crossfit?

You're HOT. Keep up the crossfit, your body is slammin.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXX
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-28-2017, 8:03 PM
bbguns44 bbguns44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,169
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

All cats should be killed.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-29-2017, 2:07 AM
echo1's Avatar
echo1 echo1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Joaquin County
Posts: 2,339
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbguns44 View Post
All cats should be killed.
If you Bubba a milsurp, God kills a kitten. PAX
__________________
You need a crew

"A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

It a NOT a felony to steal a gun, but it IS a felony not to register a gun you already legally own
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-29-2017, 7:14 AM
101st Airborne's Avatar
101st Airborne 101st Airborne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Auburn
Posts: 526
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
You're HOT. Keep up the crossfit, your body is slammin.
Well thanks...I don't crossfit myself, but I appreciate the compliment.
__________________
Army Veteran 2/31st F.A., 101st Airborne
NRA Endowment Life Member/CGN Contributor
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-29-2017, 4:31 PM
MarikinaMan MarikinaMan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,568
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
Then don't. It's as simple as that.
Yep.

Don't force your morals on others.

This same mentality is the one anti-gunners use. I don't want you to, so you can't.

Pfffft.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-29-2017, 5:28 PM
JagerDog's Avatar
JagerDog JagerDog is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South SF Bay Area
Posts: 8,455
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx20mm View Post
Because It's legal and some people enjoy doing it. SCI provides a huge influx of cash to Africa.
Kewl trophy room.
__________________
Dems are better at corruption cuz they have so much practice.



#Blackolivesmatter
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-30-2017, 8:23 AM
Morgan848 Morgan848 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: California
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

On the one hand I argee with you, on the other hand hunting is hunting...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-30-2017, 3:02 PM
CVShooter CVShooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 130
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
1. that is not eaten, providing valuable leather, clothing, boots or shoes or otherwise benefiting the health of mankind in any way
2. for trophy
3. for profit UNLESS the killed animal for commerce fulfills a human need as meat: farmers and ranchers have to make a living
4. to feel like a he-man
5. that is NOT a pest or a varmint
6. that is not a danger or threat to man or his domestic animals
7. that is not an invasive species

and/or

8. unless the animal otherwise needs to be put down humanely for serious injury, pain or illness


I say that as an American gun owner, hunter and even as a Republican voter. I hope Donald Trump does not lift any ban for hunting elephants and rhinos for ivory.
Mark Levin, an American gun owner and hunter himself, is talking about this on radio right now and I agree with this man on this issue. It was on my mind to share here.

There is no reason to kill a giraffe, lion or tiger for sport.
Why would you deny a bear the most plentiful and growing source of meat on the planet (homo sapien)? Seems to me there's a lot more of us than deer. Resources not used are wasted. I'm half joking... But only half...

I'm not a trophy hunter. But the moment you limit one form of hunting, it all goes away pretty soon. And with it the funding for conservation. Antihunters love animals but not enough to pony up for them. Their dogs are going to get prescription pain pills long before they pay for game wardens or habitat protection. Lovers of wildlife my ***! They're mostly just talkers. Hunters back up what they believe with action and cold hard cash. And we do it in droves.

Forget about what people say. Reasons are mostly just rationalizing and story telling of our emotional choices. Look at people's actions. I don't like a trophy hunter's reasons for killing. I think mine are way more ethical and moral. But that's all just BS anyway. Who's paying to help elephants, rhinos, etc.? Certainly not me and all my moralizing BS.

Seems to me that your reasons to permit killing all boil down to how it benefits us humans in some way. Thinking we're the center of the world is what got us into this mess of species extermination in the first place. We're going to have to work on that list of yours if we want to be of any real help.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-13-2017, 9:50 PM
Flying Sig's Avatar
Flying Sig Flying Sig is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 1,028
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

So my deer tag was an "either sex" tag. I passed up MANY basket racks and does this year because I was looking for something bigger ("trophy" in your words). I ended up eating my tag. Are you mad because I didn't kill something smaller or a doe just cause I could? Makes no sense.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:04 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.