Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam View Post
Well I'm not expecting super-fantastic deals or anything but prices have got to be better than $1.00 -$1.20 per round of .223 at my local store, right?
Please guys... We are not selling ammo. We have no knowledge or control over what vendors are selling their ammo for, or what vendors will be present and what specifically vendors will be selling...

Everything from vendor, to product, to price will and does change from show to show. It's impossible to know. Any post you see claiming otherwise is speculation (or a lie), plain and simple.

Please stop asking.

That said, come see for yourself. Maybe you'll find a deal, maybe you won't. But if nothing else, stop by the CalGuns/CGSSA booth and show your support!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM

this is a cross roads show so all the big vendors will be there. I will be there working a booth with my uncle. He will be the booth with all the brass for sale. stop by and say hi.
Old 04-27-2013, 7:58 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

We're waiting for you guys!

Old 04-27-2013, 8:48 AM

Hows the lines so far if any?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
Hows the lines so far if any?
Doesn't look bad. Pretty big line at open but it moved smoothly. Haven't looked prices and inventory, sorry

Eta:

LAX .22 @ $60 brick, .223/556 around .75 a round.

Last edited by readysetgo; 04-27-2013 at 2:53 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM

What was the price for 9mm and .45?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDOG805 View Post
What was the price for 9mm and .45?
If I tell you, you gonna come out?!?!

Old 04-28-2013, 4:07 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

I went by this afternoon. Parking and admission were as previously stated. Went around noon, no lines to get in, short line at one ammo booth (inside), no real line at the LAX firing range ammo booth (outside)

Wandered for 3 hours or so. Left with 500 rds on new 9MM ($210* + tax) and 500 Rds of reloaded .40 ($189 with tax). Not too bad and about on par for market price right now. Only thing I didn't get was .45 ACP as it still seemed a bit more than I wanted to pay (IVE is still cheaper, or was a few weeks ago).

Also grabbed some electronic ears, a light mount for my PX-4 and some other stuff.

Too bad the next Crossroads show isn't until December here in VTA. I'll have to hit the ones in LA etc over the summer if I can.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Last edited by baggss; 04-29-2013 at 6:42 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 5:54 PM
Veteran Member

@ baggs; There is a actually a show in September.

Did you stop by the CalGuns booth while you at the show and say hello?
Old 04-28-2013, 7:11 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
We need to double check that info! Xroads is listing the next date in Dec. they may have previously listed Sep 13 but it's not up anymore, IDK. It does seem our next Xroads show (in VC) isn't for 7+ months!

Old 04-28-2013, 7:14 PM
Barely here....
CGN Contributor

Unless Xroads adds a show to their schedule, the next CGN/CGSSA booth will be at the Xroads show in December.
Old 04-28-2013, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I went by this afternoon. Parking and admission were as previously stated. Went around noon, no lines to get in, short line at one ammo booth (inside), no real line at the LAX firing range ammo booth (outside)

Wandered for 3 hours or so. Left with 500 rds on new 9MM ($197 + tax) and 500 Rds of reloaded .40 ($189 with tax). Not too bad and about on par for market price right now. Only thing I didn't get was .45 ACP as it still seemed a bit more than I wanted to pay (IVE is still cheaper, or was a few weeks ago).

Also grabbed some electronic ears, a light mount for my PX-4 and some other stuff.

Too bad the next Crossroads show isn't until December here in VTA. I'll have to hit the ones in LA etc over the summer if I can.
Which booth had the 500rds of new 9mm?
Old 04-28-2013, 9:35 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post

Did you stop by the CalGuns booth while you at the show and say hello?
Is it a CRotW?

Surly did stop by! Got my sticker even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMonkey View Post
Unless Xroads adds a show to their schedule, the next CGN/CGSSA booth will be at the Xroads show in December.
Agree. I believe it's Dec 21-22.

Quote:
Which booth had the 500rds of new 9mm?
The guys that were inside of the Anacapa building I believe (the first exhibition hall on the left). They were the same one that had the booth outside to the right of the entrance. They stopped selling anything outside right as I got there and were directing everyone inside. The guys from the LAX Firing Range only had reloaded 9mm and I know my 9 shoots reloads pretty poorly.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 04-28-2013 at 9:43 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Crossroads may have indeed very well changed the show schedule for 2013, I know that happens from time to time.

If that is the case, then ignore my comment about September. I have not checked online lately, just a paper schedule I picked up at the last Crossroads show before this weekend.

Maybe we can work out something special for the next show since we have about 7 months to plan and prepare.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Is it a CRotW?

Surly did stop by! Got my sticker even!

Agree. I believe it's Dec 21-22.

The guys that were inside of the Anacapa building I believe (the first exhibition hall on the left). They were the same one that had the booth outside to the right of the entrance. They stopped selling anything outside right as I got there and were directing everyone inside. The guys from the LAX Firing Range only had reloaded 9mm and I know my 9 shoots reloads pretty poorly.
The one with all the ammo on the orange racks right? I bought 500rds 9mm new but its was $210 plus tax. Was it off the pallet by the first registers on the left? In a black can no brand?
Old 04-29-2013, 6:41 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
The one with all the ammo on the orange racks right? I bought 500rds 9mm new but its was $210 plus tax. Was it off the pallet by the first registers on the left? In a black can no brand?
Yep, you're right. I just pulled my receipt out of the box and that's the price. Think I was thinking of the reload 9mm they had on the pallet up front that I was going to grab until I realized it was reload. Correction made to my previous post.

FYI, the receipt shows "MiWall Corp out Grass Valley Ca.

Last edited by baggss; 04-29-2013 at 6:43 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 8:00 AM

^ yeah its still cheaper than what lax ammo was asking for factory brand new. Does miwall go to the mcmamn shows? I think I overheard lax ammo does not go to mcmann
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
^ yeah its still cheaper than what lax ammo was asking for factory brand new. Does miwall go to the mcmamn shows? I think I overheard lax ammo does not go to mcmann
Generally speaking, yes, both MiWall and LAX attend both the Crossroads and the McMann/Roadrunner shows. Or at least they've been at the show every time I have attended either.

LAX used to have good prices on their reloads. They even sell/sold them at the local Turner's. I bought 2 500rd boxes for just over $100 each in 2012...... But of course, both price and availability have changed since the panic set in.

I'd also like to note that I've shot almost all of those 1k reloads from LAX, and thus far I have literally only had 1 bad round. Which just happened on Friday (either bad primer or light strike).

All rounds have been fired from a Glock 19 9mm as well, which again the only issue I've with the gun has literally been that 1 round on Friday.

This speaks highly of the quality of both Glock and the LAX reloads. Both are solid and both are/were well worth the price I paid.
Old 04-29-2013, 4:09 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

I went to the last RR show in VTA and neither were there that I saw. or maybe I just missed them.

Old 04-29-2013, 6:16 PM

As far as reloads go ive been reading nothing but good reviews for LAX. On the other hand miwall has better prices for factory brand new