Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-09-2017, 9:20 AM

Received my permit in the mail two weeks ago.
Old 11-13-2017, 1:36 PM

Had my interview this morning. It was great. The LT was awesome. First he wanted to do was check my gun. I piped my trunk and the first thing he noticed was my rumble roller. So we joked about that and then he finally noticed my lock box so we opted that and he checked the gun.

Then went inside and joked around a bit then just went over all my paperwork. Pretty simple. Hopefully I should see my ccw in a week. Fingers crossed at least.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 1:11 PM

How many guns are allowed on the permit?
Old 11-15-2017, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
How many guns are allowed on the permit?
How many do you have that are registered to you? That's the number
Old 11-15-2017, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtiger69 View Post
Just heard that the sheriffs office is going to an all online system. It goes active on November 1st
If anyone can post a link to this, that would be great. I have been looking for it, but can not find it.

I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

NRA Life Member
Old 11-15-2017, 6:09 PM

Default El Dorado *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by howbobert View Post
If anyone can post a link to this, that would be great. I have been looking for it, but can not find it.

Sorry the big attachment. This is from one of the local ccw trainers in eldo county. They posted this a while ago on Facebook and I commented on it. I asked specifically if it was for an online system and they said yes and they provide a link. I guess not.....

Last edited by jwtiger69; 11-15-2017 at 6:43 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 7:31 AM

Default Good news for CCW applicants!

Don't know if your aware of the changes in CCW permit issuance in ED county, but here goes.

I applied for my CCW early February 2017

Got a letter last Friday from EDC Sheriff's office that consists of a cover letter and a “Firearm Training and Gun Safety Check Form”.
Instructions are to take that form back to the instructor that provided your CCW class and training and have him complete it. You must bring with you the guns that you originally entered in your CCW application, he needs to verify them. Make sure he fills in all the blanks. This service cost me an extra $10.00, your instructor might have a similar fee.

The following Monday I brought the completed form to the Sheriffs office. They copied it for their records, did a thumb print and handed me my CCW ….. all took 15 minutes! You don't have to show them your guns.

My instructor says that this process should reduce the stardard wait time to just 4 months for new applicants!
Old 11-28-2017, 5:35 PM

Today I finally got it! Roughly 11 months. With the new process posted above it should go quicker. Thanks to everyone who answered my question the last many months.

Old 11-28-2017, 6:55 PM

Did you do the Walmart walk thru? That was the first thing I did
Old 12-06-2017, 2:10 PM

EDSO appears to have gone live with its online process:

https://eldoradoca.permitium.com/ccw/start

I will be curious to hear how this shortens times for new applications, renewals, mods, etc.
Old 12-07-2017, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutz View Post
EDSO appears to have gone live with its online process:

I will be curious to hear how this shortens times for new applications, renewals, mods, etc.
Thanks for the link

I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

NRA Life Member
Old 12-08-2017, 4:51 AM

That’s awesome. That makes it so much easier to do everything.

Old 12-08-2017, 6:08 AM

Now if we could get real permits, that fit well in a wallet, and hold up, we’d be all set.
The paper permits are really behind the times of every other state. The Deputy told me that ED County is waiting for approval on a plastic, credit card style permit, but it could be a while...
Old 12-17-2017, 4:54 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Sorry the big attachment. This is from one of the local ccw trainers in eldo county. They posted this a while ago on Facebook and I commented on it. I asked specifically if it was for an online system and they said yes and they provide a link. I guess not.....

At the instructors meeting in October with the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office we were informed that the online application process was going live November 1st. It didn't happen on time, but they did go live earlier this month.

Better late then never. They are now hoping to reduce the process to 4-6 months. Hope to see this happen!
Old 01-04-2018, 7:54 AM

Just used the online system -- very smooth. Now I just need to sign up for a class and wait. As of yesterday, earliest interview was 3/15!
Old 01-04-2018, 8:41 AM

What does the instructor firearm safety check entail? EDSO just verified the serial numbers previously.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:46 PM

For anyone that was recently issued a permit... (In El Dorado County)
Did they issue the paper one, or the plastic credit card style, or both?

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2018, 7:24 PM

Default El Dorado County Process Now EZ PZ

I picked up my permit from the EDCSO this week. A very fast process that took about 15 minutes.

FYI: El Dorado County is issuing paper permits which can be laminated.

The NEW process can be initiated on-line. Your CCW class should now include the new firearms inspection form which, if filled out at your class, will be all that you will need to complete the process. All forms and ID's and residence verification can be sent to the records office digitally. Very nice and forward thinking !

After your background check is completed you will receive a letter instructing you to return the completed handgun inspection form to the records office. With that in hand my license was issued on the spot.

Note: The firearms inspection form will show the handguns that will be listed on your CCW license. If the firearms on the inspection form are different than those listed on your initial application you might have to wait a day or so to have the paperwork corrected.

In my case I decided to change one of the handguns for my permit. This delayed the process while the person helping me corrected the paperwork so that everything matched. I got lucky as the records office wasn't busy so everything was done while I waited. As with all my dealings with the records office, everyone was helpful and very pleasant.

It took me just over 5 months to get my license. I think now that the streamlining is in place 4 months is a reasonable expectation.

Thanks to Sheriff John and the folks in the records office.

:harry
Old 01-04-2018, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User21c View Post
For anyone that was recently issued a permit... (In El Dorado County)
Did they issue the paper one, or the plastic credit card style, or both?

Thanks.
Just picked up my permit this week. You will receive a paper license which can be folded in half and laminated. It's a little over-sized but I don't mind
Old 01-05-2018, 8:11 AM

Ah, so same old permit style... thanks.
They said they were trying to get approval on a cc style permit too.

The older plastic permits (I still have my expired ones) were just ‘souvenirs’, and not valid as actual permits. Would be nice to have that size/style.
Old 01-05-2018, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrye View Post
Note: The firearms inspection form will show the handguns that will be listed on your CCW license. If the firearms on the inspection form are different than those listed on your initial application you might have to wait a day or so to have the paperwork corrected.
What happens if you are carrying a firearm not listed on your permit? What do you have to do to update your roster when you buy/sell after obtaining the permit? Also, do you have to provide anything proving ownership? I have a 1911 that I moved with from out of state and have no records for it.
Old 01-06-2018, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrockstar View Post
What happens if you are carrying a firearm not listed on your permit? What do you have to do to update your roster when you buy/sell after obtaining the permit? Also, do you have to provide anything proving ownership? I have a 1911 that I moved with from out of state and have no records for it.
You can not legally conceal carry any handgun that is not listed on your license. To add a handgun you will need to have a firearm inspection / serial number verification form completed by a qualified instructor. (This is now part of the streamlined CCW process used by the EDCSO). I believe you just need to present this to the records office and they will modify their records to show the new handgun. Not sure if this can be done "while you wait".

If the handgun in question has not been registered in your name I would not consider having it listed on your license. If the handgun is currently registered in your name then you're good to go, regardless where the handgun was purchased and initially registered. I would give Rob Charney a call, he was my instructor and can give you definitive answers.
Here's Rob's number: 530.903.8752. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2018, 9:34 PM

Thanks Harry. I was just debating on whether I wanted to put my full frame 1911 on there which I brought in from out of state. I will probably never carry it on my person but would like to have it as an option for a car gun.
Old 02-09-2018, 5:34 AM

Just a quick note that I received a plastic, credit card style version of the license in te mail yesterday.... 3 months after renewing.

It specifically says, ‘not recognized in CA... use your paper license...’
Old 03-01-2018, 1:29 PM

Default Firearms safety inspection

What does the firearms safety inspection consist of? Are there standard checks against factory specs or is it more or less left up the to the certificate issuer and only useful so the EDSO can offload the work of matching the model, cal, serial number with the paperwork.

I’m trying to get a sense as the whether the certificate would have any value outside of just being another step in the process.

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkfan View Post
What does the firearms safety inspection consist of? Are there standard checks against factory specs or is it more or less left up the to the certificate issuer and only useful so the EDSO can offload the work of matching the model, cal, serial number with the paperwork.

I’m trying to get a sense as the whether the certificate would have any value outside of just being another step in the process.

Thanks.

A deputy comes out and takes a look at your gun to make sure it’s the correct one. It’s to make sure that the gun is within stock specs and in good working order.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:57 AM

I'm happy to report that the El Dorado County time to issue has been significantly improved.

Application turned in on 12/4/2017
Interview 2/28/2018
CCW Class 3/10/2018
Permit issued 3/13/2018

The entire process was quite pleasant, everyone is very friendly and the impression I got was that they truly want to issue these licenses to anyone that is qualified and of good character.
Old 04-06-2018, 7:14 AM

How many of you guys used the new system to apply, modify or renew? I am more than likely getting another hand gun soon and want to add that.

Also do we know of the Sheriff’s department will allow stippling or other grip mods? Not touch n anything internal. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2018, 8:51 AM

Default El Dorado *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

I made my modify appt. On the old system, and added a gun.

You can still modify that way.
https://app.timetrade.com/tc/login.d...eriff.eldorado

Last edited by jessdigs; 04-06-2018 at 8:54 AM..
Old 04-13-2018, 8:52 AM

Renewal process isn't as smooth as it could be. I did everything on my part but I'm still waiting on my permit 3rd day after it expired. when I called they said they had a rediculous backlog and no estimates were given. I was told to stop caring when it expired and wait. He also said I could write a letter to the sheriff asking to hire more staff to process the mountain. I'm a bit pissed but what can you do...
" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~
Old 04-13-2018, 5:45 PM

“I did everything on my part but I'm still waiting on my permit 3rd day after it expired....”

Okay, this doesn’t really tell us anything... when did you submit your renewal application?
And when did your license expire?
They recommend renewing (submitted) at least two months before you expire...
Old 04-16-2018, 3:27 PM

I talked to a deputy in the CCW division and she said she hasn't even started renewals for this month due to backlog.

I did my part as in I submitted my application for renewal the first day I was able to. All required documents and training certificate were handed in.

Mine expired on the 11th. They have a lot on their plate. She said sorry, don't carry and I will receive an email when it's ready. I'm not special, I'm not the only one calling either. I have a deputy friend who said the phones wring off the hooks with similar questions.

The new online system will not allow you to submit a renewal online until the month before it expires. Take a look at the last couple of sentences in the blue just before pricing.

" A Free People Ought Not Only Be Armed And Disciplined But Should Have Sufficient Arms And Ammunition To Maintain A Status Of Independence From Any Who Might Attempt To Abuse Them, Which Also Includes Their Own Government."
~George Washington~

Last edited by Dellinger; 04-16-2018 at 3:35 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
I talked to a deputy in the CCW division and she said she hasn't even started renewals for this month due to backlog.

I did my part as in I submitted my application for renewal the first day I was able to. All required documents and training certificate were handed in.

Mine expired on the 11th. They have a lot on their plate. She said sorry, don't carry and I will receive an email when it's ready. I'm not special, I'm not the only one calling either. I have a deputy friend who said the phones wring off the hooks with similar questions.

The new online system will not allow you to submit a renewal online until the month before it expires. Take a look at the last couple of sentences in the blue just before pricing.

That sucks. I will have watch more carefully now to make sure I renew right in time.

Old 04-20-2018, 4:47 AM

As far as modifications to you weapons can will stipple?

Old 04-25-2018, 1:52 PM

Still waiting. I'm emailing the sheriff.

Quote:
That sucks. I will have watch more carefully now to make sure I renew right in time.

~George Washington~
Old 04-25-2018, 1:56 PM

When I talked to the Sargent in the CCW division about mods he said the modifications have to be before safety inspection. Not sure if that includes stipple jobs. They don't care in general about modification, just needs to be a safe weapon...

Quote:
As far as modifications to you weapons can will stipple?

~George Washington~
Old 05-12-2018, 8:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Bonetti Road cleanup effort - May 19

Effort underway to cleanup Bonetti Road area.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6#post21625736
Old 05-15-2018, 4:59 PM

Got the call yesterday. I can pick it up Wednesday...
~George Washington~
Old 05-15-2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
Got the call yesterday. I can pick it up Wednesday...
Good to hear, so all in what did your renewal take? About ten weeks?

Last edited by jessdigs; 05-16-2018 at 12:38 PM..
Old 05-15-2018, 6:28 PM

From 3/7 to 5/14. It is what it is. Doing my part and still having to wait over a month past expiration has chapped my bunz.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
~George Washington~