Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The Appleseed Project
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Appleseed Project The Revolutionary War Veterans Association

Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
CGN Contributor

Default Appleseed at West End Gun Club this weekend April 23-24

If you missed all the shoots last weekend you have another chance. There will be an Appleseed at West End Gun Club this weekend! West End is a great place to shoot. It is .22 only and is on West End's Junior Range. That means you are shooting from a covered position with shade! This is the perfect place to bring out the whole family. Drag that .22 out of the safe and come and join us! Get your sign up information here.
Any of you who have been dreaming of getting a CMP M1 Garand remember attending an Appleseed meets the requirement for live fire training. You will be able to get a certificate for CMP at the shoot!

Last edited by foesgth; 04-21-2011 at 9:29 PM.. Reason: Insert date
Old 04-21-2011, 8:59 AM

Red face

I will be instructing this weekend for Appleseed at West End/Glen Helen. If you are attending and need to borrow any gear, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

If you are not attending the shoot, why not??? It's a great weekend of shooting, meeting some wonderful people and most importantly, learning about our American heritage.

We shoot on the junior range, which is shaded on the line and. We break for lunch under the shade trees and talk about some very brave men and women and honor them by remembering them.

If you are shooting at West End this weekend, come on by the Appleseed shoot and see what we are about. We'll be happy to meet you.

22calgal
Jackie
Old 04-21-2011, 11:19 AM

I just signed up today! Looking forward to it!

Can you tell me what the ground cover is over there? I'm bringing exercise mats as my shooting mat. Do I need to bring something tougher to cover over that or do you have moving blankets I can borrow?

Is there any food near by, so should I planning on bringing all the food and drink from home?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:30 AM
CGN Contributor

Default What to bring

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofcat View Post
I just signed up today! Looking forward to it!

Can you tell me what the ground cover is over there? I'm bringing exercise mats as my shooting mat. Do I need to bring something tougher to cover over that or do you have moving blankets I can borrow?

Is there any food near by, so should I planning on bringing all the food and drink from home?
You will be shooting off of a nice smooth cement pad. I will make sure there are extra mats there for you if you don't have ones you think will work. You need to bring food and drink. We will have water but a cold Dr Pepper always helps you shoot better.
Old 04-21-2011, 1:00 PM

Hi Goofcat,

I am looking forward\ to seeing you at the Appleseed shoot at Glen Helen/West End. Bring some friends or family! There's still plenty of time to sign up, so grab a buddy or two or three to bring along.

I also bring some yummy cookies to share, too.

22calgal
Old 04-25-2011, 2:38 PM

Thanks again for a great weekend of shooting at the beautiful West End Gun Club. I learned a lot about my NPOA and rifleman's cadence. I am slightly ticked about not being able to bring home the bacon and get that 210+ score. But 203 on my second Appleseed is not bad considering my first AQT was a 67 only a week ago.

thanks again for all the instructors that showed up in spite of the rain, cold and small student turnout.

Happy belated Easter to all.
Old 04-27-2011, 4:50 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Nice Shooting Goofcat!
203 your right on the boarder.
Do you have plans for another Appleseed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofcat View Post
Thanks again for a great weekend of shooting at the beautiful West End Gun Club. I learned a lot about my NPOA and rifleman's cadence. I am slightly ticked about not being able to bring home the bacon and get that 210+ score. But 203 on my second Appleseed is not bad considering my first AQT was a 67 only a week ago.

thanks again for all the instructors that showed up in spite of the rain, cold and small student turnout.

Happy belated Easter to all.

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 04-28-2011, 5:20 AM

Here is the Link to the After Action Report (AAR), had a great time and hope to see you back soon http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22425.0
Old 04-28-2011, 8:27 AM

Don't worry. I'll be back. Just have to find a free weekend with all the work and traveling coming up.

Got my AQT taped to the end of hallway. Freaking the dog out with my NPOA shifts and position changes