Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-03-2013, 1:15 PM

Default Walk through

hello guys, im turning 21 in a few days and looking forward to getting myself a CCW. I live in Sacramento, im a real estate agent 3 days a week, a student two days a week and on the weekends im out exercising or sturgeon fishing till Striper or shad comes up. I read through the webpage for applying for one but i would like personal experiences, suggestions and thoughts , also cost and things like that. I would greatly appreciate it, thanks guys.

also, what were your reasons? if its okay to talk about...

Thanks again.

-Sr. Winston Churchill
Old 04-03-2013, 4:00 PM

Your good cause is simply "I wish to carry a concealed firearm for personal protection." That's it.

The cost will be between $350 and $500 all told counting direct costs of the application process, course fees and parking and other costs like ammunition, time away from work for appointments/training, gas to/from range and class etc.

As long as you have a clean history you will be fine. Your biggest challenge will be getting an appointment. The rest is just hurry up and wait.
Old 04-04-2013, 9:32 AM

Ok so if your clean more than likely youll pass?
Old 04-04-2013, 5:54 PM

your GC only needs to say " I wish to carry a concealed weapon for self defense"

in sac county its around 400$-450$ when its all said and done. It just depends on who you take your qualifications with.

Sac county is very lenient with permits these days. Even though your only 21 if you have a no criminal record or a very weak record with time between the "incident" and now say 5 years you should be good to go.

good luck OP

Also go to sacsheriff and go to the ccw section and check the "online appointment system" hourly if you REALLY want an appointment anytime soon. Its booked 6 months out last I heard but if you check often you might get lucky like I did and grab an appointment
Old 04-04-2013, 7:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Goo luck.
Old 04-04-2013, 8:36 PM
Veteran Member

Follow this thread here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=373819 you might want to catch up starting in about 6 months ago mark to get an idea of it's changes.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 PM

thanks guys, i think the most i have are high school fights. so should be okay. also i would like a g19 with surefire x300, any of you guys think the light is unnecessary? recommend any holsters and belts?

-Sr. Winston Churchill
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Glock 19 is a good carry gun. But I dk about the light. It would be hard to find a good concealable holster that will accommodate a light as well. Also if you are going to carry your gun every day like you should, then having the extra weight of a light is just going to make you leave it in the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell0700 View Post
thanks guys, i think the most i have are high school fights. so should be okay. also i would like a g19 with surefire x300, any of you guys think the light is unnecessary? recommend any holsters and belts?
Old 04-05-2013, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreppin916 View Post
Glock 19 is a good carry gun. But I dk about the light. It would be hard to find a good concealable holster that will accommodate a light as well. Also if you are going to carry your gun every day like you should, then having the extra weight of a light is just going to make you leave it in the car.
Here's one:

http://mrcolionnoir.com/the-x-fer-fr...o-concealment/
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersdad View Post
nice, im going to definitely look into it!

-Sr. Winston Churchill