Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL0Ck View Post
I will be carrying an empty holster in protest of the ban on unloaded open carry of handguns, come January 1st, and was just wondering... (forgive my ignorance of the law, but I know someone here will be able to advise me) What is the legality of placing other items in a holster? (Airsoft guns (loaded or unloaded), or ive heard of some people planning on putting bananas in holsters). Basically I want to protest and hopefully waste some tax dollars by taking up some of the PD's valuable time, without getting arrested. I know it seems childish and immature, but hey, im childish and immature... so there ya go.
A few years back I saw what I thought was a bike cop on foot headed toward downtown San Francisco. As he got closer something looked out of place and I realized he wasn't a cop. He was however wearing a belt and holster and there was what looked like a gun barrel dangling from below the holster - it was rather substantial and had a handle, but upon closer examination I observed that it was not a gun.

Just an experience, not a suggestion - although I suppose it could invite interesting responses, perhaps from the cops.

"No, it's not loaded - would you like it to be loaded?"

"If I take it in & out of the holster too many times it goes from snub nose to a buntline."

"Why yes Officer, I have noticed the black ones are larger than the stainless ones."

Sorry - slow television night.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 PM

Waste your own tax dollars, too many people already waste ours. Part of the problem, far from the solution.
Old 12-20-2011, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossbergMan View Post
IMO,the OC movement has done a great service to the gun owning community, it got UOC out lawed. Now that arguement has been taken off the table when considering CCW reform. Now we can all rally behind getting the stupid "may issue" changed to shall issue.
very much agreed, i think UOC is idiotic, and that an unloaded gun is useless, but outlawing it DID make me apply for a CCW, have yet to hear back though.
Old 12-20-2011, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
you should be banned just for saying that. Get a life.

Do you think it's possible that the police department might have more important things to do other than waste time on your ***? (busting drug dealers, stopping DUI's/speeders, burglaries, arson, etc.....to name a few).

If you want to waste tax dollars, take it to the higher ups and make them listen to what you have to say. Don't detract from public safety by being a pain in the *** to first responders.
Police do not protect anyone from anything and do not prevent crime, they generate revenue for the state. the sooner you get the idea that 'police are there for your protection' out of your head, the better off you'll be. Nearly every encounter ive ever had with LEO's resulted in me paying a ridiculous fine for breaking a law, when I did nothing to endanger anyone's life or safety. ("running a stop sign" on my motorcycle because I didn't put my feet down, for example)
Old 12-20-2011, 4:55 AM

and also, just to defend myself a little, I do think carrying a banana or airsoft gun is moronic, but i feel that not being able to loaded open carry is more moronic. I like to protest in some way, rather than being like everyone else and just laying down and accepting it. Im also considering open carrying a long rifle, seeing as how that's still legal for the time being.
Old 12-20-2011, 4:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Police do not protect anyone from anything and do not prevent crime, they generate revenue for the state. the sooner you get the idea that 'police are there for your protection' out of your head, the better off you'll be. Nearly every encounter ive ever had with LEO's resulted in me paying a ridiculous fine for breaking a law, when I did nothing to endanger anyone's life or safety. ("running a stop sign" on my motorcycle because I didn't put my feet down, for example)
Incorrect. Studies have shown that stepped-up enforcement does deter crime (granted it's not as big of an effect as some people think, but it's there).

You are correct that police are not obligated to protect us and this is because of Warren v. District of Columbia. So they are not Constitutionally liable for your safety, but stepped-up enforcement has the effect of deterring crime which indirectly makes one safer.

Again dude, call me.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 12-20-2011, 5:02 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
and also, just to defend myself a little, I do think carrying a banana or airsoft gun is moronic, but i feel that not being able to loaded open carry is more moronic. I like to protest in some way, rather than being like everyone else and just laying down and accepting it. Im also considering open carrying a long rifle, seeing as how that's still legal for the time being.
One of the best ways to 'protest' is to call in to your reps and voice your opinions. I'm not saying to not UOC a rifle, but it's just something to consider.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 12-20-2011, 6:17 AM

When you open carry your rifle don't forget to put it on Youtube for all to see. Those videos always carry a chuckle.
Old 12-20-2011, 8:48 AM

no NERF guns?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=513335

i always did feel safer open carrying a completely unloaded handgun when walking to my bus stop every morning.
Old 12-20-2011, 8:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chim-chim7 View Post
When you open carry your rifle don't forget to put it on Youtube for all to see. Those videos always carry a chuckle.
and be sure to answer everything in a whinny voice, refuse to answer any questions, and spout out about how they are harrasing you the entire time, like most the youtube OCers.

10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
i always did feel safer open carrying a completely unloaded handgun when walking to my bus stop every morning.
You can thank Ronald Reagan for that one, he is the person that took away our right to open carry loaded, not a liberal like everyone tends to think is the only ones who take away our guns rights.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM

Did you buy that banana at a licensed fruit and vegetable dealer and wait the ten days? It looks kinda fresh.
I've got a Chiquita in 9mm at home. The action is a little squishy.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curley Red View Post
You can thank Ronald Reagan for that one, he is the person that took away our right to open carry loaded, not a liberal like everyone tends to think is the only ones who take away our guns rights.
i thought reagan was the pole bearer of conservatism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k55f View Post
Did you buy that banana at a licensed fruit and vegetable dealer and wait the ten days? It looks kinda fresh.
I've got a Chiquita in 9mm at home. The action is a little squishy.
if you bring your 9mm banana over the border and back, you may have it confiscated at the produce checkpoints.

i had my pineapple grenade confiscated at the one on i15 outside of barstow.