Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 10:07 PM

Default Angeles range Sunday Morn?

How early do the crowds arrive Sunday morning July? Like maƱana? Lol

Also any advice to private guns that day?

Any other advice?

I prefer BLM private areas. Guess Ca has me afraid of shooting.

Thx and if your going lmk maybe I could say hello.

J
Old 07-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Calguns Addict

They'll be there earlier than you. Don't do it.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 PM

Yeap it gets crowded fast. I'm starting to find I can't stand other gun owners after going there. Always thought we were a more polite crowd but people are still way inconsiderate of your personal space and don't care if you're being knocked with their brass.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 PM

Hmm a nervous friend, I would wait for a weekday right at opening. But if its the weekend I think the best lane for rifles is the last lane by the clay shooting. Not many people walk that way. Plus shooting clays with a shotgun is one of the funnest things to do.
Old 07-27-2014, 9:28 AM

Got there at 8:15. Was wide open! Everyone showed up around 10 and got crowded. Perfect morning
Old 07-27-2014, 3:33 PM

Although we got there early and it was quiet, a group showed up and took over our bench and personal space. Oh well, we were only there a few more rounds. Not the desert but they do sell hot dogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calibre View Post
Yeap it gets crowded fast. I'm starting to find I can't stand other gun owners after going there. Always thought we were a more polite crowd but people are still way inconsiderate of your personal space and don't care if you're being knocked with their brass.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Went back again today! Got there at 8:15. Everything was a bit more crowded early. Last week 1 other at pistol range until 9, today 5-6 peeps. Did get a spot on the right for rifle around 10. Spoke to a couple guys next to me. Nice morning. And to those 3 lines over sorry for my steel case in your face . Screens don't do much in standing position
Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 AM

I like ASR. Met many nice people and RO's. Only issues I've ever had were noobs.

But weekends are much more crowded.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When I go there, I try to get there before it opens because, I bring a lot of heavy equipment. I prefer Angeles to shooting on public land for many reasons including less chance of being hassled by some under educated LEO.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 08-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Same here. Get there early and get a fresh cup of Joe by the sign in counter.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I learned most gun people were dicky the first few times I interacted with the average gun shop clerk. For some reason some hobbies attract that type. Can you give example of personal space violations? I'm sure weekends get crowded and everybody paid to get in are people elbowing you out of the way or something?

I've only been 1-2x on a weekend. I only go 1-2x every 1-2 years now. I do BLM and private land and occasional trips to indoor range. I've found Sharpshooters to be best for my needs.
Old 08-04-2014, 7:29 PM

I Swan. I say give ASR another chance. Talk it up with a fellow shooter or range officer.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't really have a need to go to asr often and when I go I try to do a weekday. Is the problem range master still there? I really dislike most outdoor ranges. Ammo retrictions, brass stealers, unsafe shooters, etc.
Old 08-05-2014, 3:51 AM

I copy on the unsafe shooters, steel ammo restriction and week days. Never had issues with any RO's. Maybe he's gone?
Old 08-05-2014, 9:12 AM
Calguns Addict

I.don't know, there was some mega thread somewhere about that guy. I think I know who they were talking about. He seemed rather immature and with a touch of mall ninja Walter Mittyism.
Old 08-14-2014, 4:42 PM
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The crowds seem to have died down on weekends quite a bit lately. Probably due to the increased weekend admission fee, summer vacation, heat, and folks ran out of ammo.
Old 08-14-2014, 4:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I didn't know about the screens until someone told me... just sayin.... maybe they just need to be told once.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:29 PM

I went there a few months ago on a Sunday, showed up around 9am since for some reason I thought it opened at that time. It was nearly impossible to get a bench. People were standing around like hawks waiting for benches to open. There was no waiting list for benches like at Burro Canyon, so it was pretty much a free for all. Shooters seemed to start leaving around noon. But, like I said that was a few months ago. If it's not as busy, I'll go back soon. Another thing I didn't like was I overheard some older gents (about in their 60's and up) were talking about how they should put their gear on other benches they don't need, and let us "weekend warriors" that only show up on the weekends, borrow those benches they're not using for a fee, and that would teach us young punks. I guess they don't realize that us weekend warriors need to work during the week in order to get money to buy ammo?

Last edited by Dario562; 08-26-2014 at 10:59 PM..
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Calguns Addict

That would have pissed me off to no end.