Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-22-2016, 6:07 AM

Default 2016 SB 1407 De León. Firearms: identifying information

Mr. Ghost Gun put in his $0.02
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/15-16/...introduced.htm

// Also http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...01520160SB1407
//
// Librarian
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Librarian; 02-22-2016 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-22-2016, 6:22 AM
Hooligan
CGN Contributor

That one again?

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 02-22-2016, 6:50 AM

There is " MOVE " afoot from the dumbocraps to do everything in their power to remove guns from California, before the country. In my ,,Long, lifetime, I have never seen it this serious.
It Is most Important to join " legitimate fighting " gun advocacy groups. Yes, that means the NRA, as well. ( They are the biggest in the World ! ) There are other great groups; FPC, Gun Owners of America, to name a couple.

Point Being,,,WE HAVE TO BE ORGANIZED AND POLITICALLY ACTIVE IN THIS BATTLE ! This is the fight for Our Personal Freedom, and, make NO mistake,,,they want to take them away !

I'll get off of my soapbox, now.
Old 02-22-2016, 6:51 AM
Veteran Member

He is such an idiot. This bill will make it a crime (misdemeanor) to help a prohibited person build a firearm, pretty sure that is a federal felony.
Old 02-22-2016, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercf View Post
He is such an idiot. This bill will make it a crime (misdemeanor) to help a prohibited person build a firearm, pretty sure that is a federal felony.
Of course all gun owners will need background clearance to run checks on any potential participants who would want their help at doing anything with a firearm... "unless personally known to them under specific circumstances."
Old 02-22-2016, 8:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

These morons relish the oportunity to create new laws that can turn law abiding citizens into criminals...

iTrader Feedback Link
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1885547
Old 02-22-2016, 8:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bulletBarney View Post
These morons relish the oportunity to create new laws that can turn law abiding citizens into criminals...
Exactly, and they didn't even disguise this point; the last sentence of that 2nd paragraph is:

"By creating a new crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program."

What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 02-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
This bill would, commencing July 1, 2018, require a person who manufactures or assembles a firearm to first apply to the department for a unique serial number or other identifying mark, as provided.
Sure looks like a repeat.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-22-2016, 1:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

the idiot is at it again. someone put him jail. oh uncle Leeland can you squeal on De Leon like a good boy.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 02-22-2016, 4:11 PM

IMHO, Kevin De Leon has one thing in mind. To say or do anything that will get him reelected. I don't believe he really gives a rats a** about his constituency.

Old 03-02-2016, 6:11 PM

And his constituency will be applauding him with raspy voices and parched throats praising him for his wonderful concern for the children of CA. All the while waiting in line to board the shiny new high speed rail train to nowhere!
Old 03-02-2016, 6:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The story is that Kevin DeLeon is an avid shotgunner. Can anyone verify?

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 03-02-2016, 6:25 PM

Im just a nooblet that went into the easy reading of this bill. Am I wrong in thinking, if this passes, that doing a voluntary reg before 2018, July 1st would exclude from the no sale or transfer clause? Also antiques? I doubt it will pass, and I dont have any 80%ers anyway. But any thoughts?

Section 29180 does not apply to or affect any of the
16following:
17(a) A firearm that has a serial number assigned to it pursuant to
18either Section 23910 or pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with
19Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the
20regulations issued pursuant thereto.
21(b) A firearm made or assembled prior to December 16, 1968,
22that is not a handgun.
23(c) A firearm which was entered into the centralized registry
24set forth in Section 11106 prior to July 1, 2018, as being owned
25by a specific individual or entity if that firearm has assigned to it
26a distinguishing number or mark of identification to that firearm
27by virtue of the department accepting entry of that firearm into the
28centralized registry.
29(d) A firearm that has a serial number assigned to it pursuant
30to Chapter 53 of Title 26 of the United States Code and the
31regulations issued pursuant thereto.
32(e) An antique firearm as defined in Section 479.11 of Title 27
Old 03-02-2016, 6:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1963 View Post
And his constituency will be applauding him with raspy voices and parched throats praising him for his wonderful concern for the children of CA. All the while waiting in line to board the shiny new high speed rail train to nowhere!
His constituency doesn't know what the heck is going on. Low voter turnout is the norm.
Old 03-02-2016, 7:12 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

You'd think after the humiliation he dealt himself in his "Ghost Gun" press conference debacle when he became the laughing stock of the Interwebs that he would have a little bit of self-control. Not only is this guy a crook, was indicted by the FBI in the Calderon investigation, he is really, really thick and loves being humiliated. Maybe we can pool our money and hire him a dominatrix to exorcise his demons with a little bit of whips and chains? He obviously loves punishment and humiliation? What a warped little world this cretin must exist in to continually make the focus of his career as a civil servant the tyranny and oppression of law abiding citizens. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Old 03-15-2016, 9:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Don't forget, or let this get lost in the minutiae.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 05-24-2016, 1:08 PM

re: Sect 29181 (e)

I just noticed this today; has anybody noticed that it appears to suggests exemption of antique and C&R firearms but that 27 CFR 479.11 is not where C&R is defined?

I'm reasonably sure I'm viewing the current CFR (eCFR.gov). It looks like 478.11 and 479.11 have separate definitions of Antique Firearm and like only 478.11 defines C&R. Did I miss something?
Old 05-24-2016, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
lies, de leon would never be caught anywhere near a firearm. deleon said firearms kill children and bullets are heat seeking and can kill people from san diego to redding?
Old 05-24-2016, 2:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
Hypocrite De Leon at an "Aim For a Cure" shotgun event a few years ago.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=435433

Last edited by Dutch3; 05-24-2016 at 2:22 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

Shouldn't it be illegal to let ILLEGALS and released illegals from being free to roam in a gun rich environment?
Firing squad for all CA legislators?
Old 06-07-2016, 9:44 PM

Is this bill still alive?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusson View Post
Is this bill still alive?
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...01520160SB1407

It's doing the usual process of winding through the various steps all bills go through.
Old 06-25-2016, 3:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

While I check this page frequently, sometimes several dozens times a day if a bill(s) are being heard, every few weeks while reading the California 2nd Amendment Political Discussion & Activism forum I realize focus is being lost, and I start seeing posts like "what should I get before the ban" and How do I register my AR15?".

This thread succinctly addresses this bill. It may need updates, but that's why it's being bumped and to get the importance of it back on the front page.

SOOooooo many of these bills are being ignored, forgotten or lost in the minutiae of how many Anti-2nd Amendment bills have been introduced this year, that it's exactly what these legislators have been hoping to do since the beginning - to create chaos, distraction, and an avalanche so cumbersome that most gun owners simply burn out, see it as futile, and go full-blown apathetic.

We can't let that happen.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:25 PM

How are they still in office??? These corrupt pols continue to strip our rights away. De leon is linked to several scandals including an fbi investigation.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA3103C20140402
Old 06-30-2016, 2:03 PM

This passed today. 😡😡😡 the language confuses me "This bill would, commencing July 1, 2018, and subject to exceptions, require a person who manufactures or assembles a firearm to first apply to the department for a unique serial number or other identifying mark, as provided. The bill would, by January 1, 2019, and subject to exceptions, require any person who, as of July 1, 2018, owns a firearm that does not bear a serial number to likewise apply to the department for a unique serial number or other mark of identification"

So if it's owned before 1/1/18 you don't have to register?
Old 06-30-2016, 4:44 PM

So this is the mandatory registration of all firearms the Dems said they would never ask for
Old 06-30-2016, 4:59 PM

All firearms?! I was only thinking of home made guns but the way it reads... That's insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by bigred12m; 06-30-2016 at 5:02 PM..
Old 06-30-2016, 5:07 PM

"This bill would require a person to complete a firearms eligibility check before the department may grant an application for the assignment of a serial number or mark of identification."

So if your Grandpa gave you a 100 year old gun with serial number you would have to register it by 2018 and go through a background check?!

This is insane. It has to get vetoed.

Old 06-30-2016, 5:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred12m View Post
This passed today. 😡😡😡 the language confuses me "This bill would, commencing July 1, 2018, and subject to exceptions, require a person who manufactures or assembles a firearm to first apply to the department for a unique serial number or other identifying mark, as provided. The bill would, by January 1, 2019, and subject to exceptions, require any person who, as of July 1, 2018, owns a firearm that does not bear a serial number to likewise apply to the department for a unique serial number or other mark of identification"

So if it's owned before 1/1/18 you don't have to register?
The way I read it, if you own it before 7-1-18 AND serialize it yourself, before that time, you do not have to apply for a serial number, so if you have 80% builds, you should put serial numbers on them now. (I think).
Old 06-30-2016, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
The way I read it, if you own it before 7-1-18 AND serialize it yourself, before that time, you do not have to apply for a serial number, so if you have 80% builds, you should put serial numbers on them now. (I think).

More confusing. Sounds like you could put a serial number and not register it. Lol. This whole thing is stupid. Welcome to California.
Old 06-30-2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Yup
Old 07-01-2016, 11:39 AM

This one was vetoed but where does that leave us.

If it didn't have to be registered before the bullet button ban will it have to be registered after.

AB 1664 didn't mention home made guns at all.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Where does it say it was vetoed I missed it....
Old 07-01-2016, 12:01 PM

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...htmlstory.html

Bottom of the article details the bills he signed and vetoed.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:16 PM

Might be a mistake I don't see it on the veto or signed list...
Old 07-01-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonso302 View Post
Might be a mistake I don't see it on the veto or signed list...

Dammit LA times. Does that mean he left it for Gavin...
Old 07-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred12m View Post
Dammit LA times. Does that mean he left it for Gavin...
Looks like it was not vetoed. Look at the official list from JB:

https://www.gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=19479

Check out our e-commerce site here:

www.ebrworks.com

Serving you from Prescott, AZ
Old 07-01-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBR Works View Post
Looks like it was not vetoed. Look at the official list from JB:

https://www.gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=19479

Yeah I was just looking at that. Not on either list it's a ghost bill har har
Old 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM

So what happens now? Passes by default or good till next year?
Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 PM

If you read his letter about why he vetoed AB 1673 it seems like he would have vetoed SB 1407 as well.

Not sure what happens now. Somewhere I read it goes to Gavin while Jerry is on vacation.

The news is reporting the Ghost Gun bill got vetoed but it's not on the official list.