Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
CGSSA Leader

Hey there. We didn't get out of practice till late so I wasn't able to make it to the meeting. I would love to hear if anyone was able to go....
Old 01-18-2013, 9:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
Do y'all need copies of the Sunnyvale report mailed to the City Council? Of course it would be better if they were hand delivered by polite and concerned citizens.

A copy of the Ezell decision might be a nice addition to the delivery.

Jdberger, The County BOA received a letter from CRPA. I think attorneys are already involved, as indicated by H Paul Payne's earlier post.

Single fin mentality
Old 02-12-2013, 4:53 PM
Veteran Member

Well, the BOS met again today. Looks like they want to extend the ban from 4 days to 10 months... or two years.
See ya'll at the next BOS meeting on the 26th of February for the next round of crap.

WHEREAS, staff requires additional time to study the issues related to the establishment and operation of firearm and/or ammunition sales businesses for the purpose of considering possible regulatory changes; therefore it is appropriate to extend the existing moratorium for an additional period of ten (10) months fifteen (15) days consistent with the authority granted by Government Code Section 65858.

Full Text

Single fin mentality
Old 02-22-2013, 8:41 PM
Veteran Member

San Francisco-based non-profit Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence is involved and it sadly looks like they will win this one, even after 60% of those attending the previous meetings spoke against a moratorium.
I had heard that there was a letter from CRPA lawyers to the board, but it has not been shown publicly, as far as I know. I had asked Wildhawker about it on the air (on California Gun Talk) and he was not aware of it either. I know he can't be everywhere at once, so that is totally understandable. If anyone knows of it, please share it.
It looks like our Board of Sups will be following LCPGV guidelines for their new restrictions, according to the meeting agenda notes (link).
It's a bummer that someone knowledgeable and respected from Calguns Foundation doesn't live over here and could show up to refute their lies this coming Tuesday. I'd beg Santa Clara's Bill Weiss to drive over the hill on horrible Hwy 17 to reason with the board, (now there's a guy that can truly and smartly speak about our rights) ; but he'd only get three minutes at the podium like anyone else, speaking without being heard by the close-minded board. Understandably, it is not really worthy of a long drive when the Board ignores what he or anyone else say anyway. So it's up to us locals to show up.
I'll probably go and stammer my disdain for this action by our county leaders, once again, along with all the others that also did the same before and will continue to do so.
Please, write the board as described earlier in this topic and maybe they will think about it.
Man, this sucks. Rant off.

Single fin mentality

Last edited by otteray; 02-22-2013 at 8:42 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 02-23-2013, 1:10 AM
I need a LIFE!!

We are tracking this and I've been waiting for the affected FFL(s) to contact us (we don't have their info) so we can get them hooked up with Don Kilmer.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by otteray View Post
San Francisco-based non-profit Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence is involved and it sadly looks like they will win this one, even after 60% of those attending the previous meetings spoke against a moratorium.
I had heard that there was a letter from CRPA lawyers to the board, but it has not been shown publicly, as far as I know. I had asked Wildhawker about it on the air (on California Gun Talk) and he was not aware of it either. I know he can't be everywhere at once, so that is totally understandable. If anyone knows of it, please share it.
It looks like our Board of Sups will be following LCPGV guidelines for their new restrictions, according to the meeting agenda notes (link).
It's a bummer that someone knowledgeable and respected from Calguns Foundation doesn't live over here and could show up to refute their lies this coming Tuesday. I'd beg Santa Clara's Bill Weiss to drive over the hill on horrible Hwy 17 to reason with the board, (now there's a guy that can truly and smartly speak about our rights) ; but he'd only get three minutes at the podium like anyone else, speaking without being heard by the close-minded board. Understandably, it is not really worthy of a long drive when the Board ignores what he or anyone else say anyway. So it's up to us locals to show up.
I'll probably go and stammer my disdain for this action by our county leaders, once again, along with all the others that also did the same before and will continue to do so.
Please, write the board as described earlier in this topic and maybe they will think about it.
Man, this sucks. Rant off.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-24-2013, 9:06 AM

From reading their proposal, all of the existing FFL's will not be subject to the new ordinance.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'd bet that the hearing was even closer to you, Chainsaw. Interested in getting involved in the movement, again?

We always need bodies. Experienced ones are even better.
Old 02-27-2013, 5:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
How do you know that I'm not involved in the movement?
I don't. However, I do recall you mentioning that you'd withdrawn from activism because you felt the movement was too permeated with "wing-nuts". If you've changed your mind, welcome back.

Quote:
Is attending the final hearing, at which the proposed ordinance will be voted on, the best way to be involved? Isn't it a better idea to work directly with the decision makers, before the vote?
Well, I'm not sure. You stated in an earlier post:

Quote:
According to the paper, only three people showed up to testify ... It seems that the pro-gun community completely forgot about this, or maybe it doesn't actually care.

... And according to Google, the hearing today was a 56 minute drive from the offices of the CGF (assuming they are still at 751 Laurel, which is the most recent postal address I have on file).
So... showing up isn't constructive, but CGF is remiss for not showing up?

Quote:
Furthermore, at the time of the hearing, I was at 1555 Berger Drive. Interesting coincidence of the name, isn't it? Except that this is the Berger Drive in San Jose.
Ah. You were busy doing something else. Did it occur to you that CGF Directors might have also been indisposed? I, for one, was in San Francisco. Gene was flying from somewhere to LA. Brandon, Washington. Bill, San Jose. Paul, LA. Jim, LA. Ivan, working in the East Bay... but I'm sure that you get the point.

We (CGF) are thrilled when we can get involved to help educate local governments - but we do have limited funds, time and resources. Honestly, it's why we're thankful that there are people like you who take the time to "work directly with the decision makers, before the vote".

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-27-2013, 5:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
We (CGF) are thrilled when we can get involved to help educate local governments - but we do have limited funds, time and resources. Honestly, it's why we're thankful that there are people like you who take the time to "work directly with the decision makers, before the vote".
Maybe that's the reason for all the losses. If you CGF handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or let the pros handle it (other full time orgs.) They don't seem to have the problem you listed above.

Last edited by taperxz; 02-27-2013 at 5:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 6:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Maybe that's the reason for all the losses. If you CGF handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or let the pros handle it (other full time orgs.) They don't seem to have the problem you listed above.
Please feel free to step in at any time.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-27-2013, 6:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Please feel free to step in at any time.
I tried. I have even volunteered to the CGSSA just to stay involved and promote gun rights and shooting activities in my area.
Old 02-27-2013, 6:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No no. Start your own organization. You and the other two guys.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-27-2013, 6:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No no. Start your own organization. You and the other two guys.
Why? Really! with the way you guys respond to posts as Board Members of CGF its no wonder there is a problem.

I don't see H Paul Payne acting like you guys.

Now you guys are protecting our 2A rights? WOW
Old 02-27-2013, 6:36 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

no wonder the anti-'s have such success: we can't seem to keep from going after each other's throats.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 02-27-2013, 6:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
no wonder the anti-'s have such success: we can't seem to keep from going after each other's throats.
True! I even reached out to JD via PM. Nothing though!
Old 02-27-2013, 6:44 PM

heck, Mr K never....and i mean NEVER....responds to my e-mails.
but i don't throw a fit about it....

its a 2-way street: don't have to take offense and don't have to take everything as a public slap down. two wrongs do not make a right and this thread is full of misperceived [is that a word?] wrongs.

and sometimes, just sometimes, people are busy and don't have time to respond to each and every PM............
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 02-27-2013, 6:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
heck, Mr K never....and i mean NEVER....responds to my e-mails.
but i don't throw a fit about it....

its a 2-way street: don't have to take offense and don't have to take everything as a public slap down. two wrongs do not make a right and this thread is full of misperceived [is that a word?] wrongs.

and sometimes, just sometimes, people are busy and don't have time to respond to each and every PM............
Kes is not JD and JDBerger is not Kes. If JD can respond to my posts here in the open forum its only one click away to respond to my PM. They can either make peace like grown ups or they can continue down their own path. Their choice.
Old 02-27-2013, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Kes is not JD and JDBerger is not Kes. If JD can respond to my posts here in the open forum its only one click away to respond to my PM. They can either make peace like grown ups or they can continue down their own path. Their choice.

like i didn't already know that?!

geez, i get it that you think you have a gripe. but it was your choice to contact him via PM and it is your choice to get your nose tweaked because you didn't get a response.

life is too short and the issue too important to get sidetracked into these games.

but, hey, each to their own.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 8:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Surprisingly, I do have a life outside of CGN. What time to y'all usually eat dinner with your families? Do they appreciate it when, during dinner, you continually jump up to check CGN?

Chainsaw - I'm razzing you a bit.

Others were involved in Santa Cruz. And yes, perhaps we should have expended more effort.

Los Gatos
Santa Cruz
Sunnyvale
... and all the current legislation

Sometimes it's a bit much.

And I do appreciate your help.

NRA Benefactor Member