Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 06-16-2013, 9:15 PM
Banned

Default West End Gun Club has reached its membership cap!

FYI.....

West End Gun Club (WEGC) has reached its membership cap, as of the last monthly meeting, of 1,604 members. The club is NOT accepting any new general members. Anyone interested in joining the club will have their application put onto a waiting list.

http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/

I understand those who had applied for membership but failed to show up at that last monthly meeting have been put onto the waiting list.

This 100% NRA club is the premier private shooting club in Southern California; it owns its own land, which is an "in holding", surrounded by National Forest land so it is immune form the encroachment of development in the future. IMHO, with its large membership and 40 acre facility... the ongoing development of infrastructure and activities for shooters and the shooting sports should continue to impress and keep shooting alive in Southern California well into the future....

For those of you "in before the lock".. .congrats on having a "great place to shoot"!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 AM

The club is about 75 acres. And it would have been nice to limit the membership to 1000 members. Was really nice and uncrowded back when we had 900 members.
From what I've heard from several members, with the increase in dues next year, there will probably be some membership slots opening up in Dec/Jan.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Weekends it can be a little busy but I enjoy during the week anyways. Nothing ends a work day good like going and doing some dusk shooting
Old 06-17-2013, 1:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
The club is about 75 acres. And it would have been nice to limit the membership to 1000 members. Was really nice and uncrowded back when we had 900 members.
From what I've heard from several members, with the increase in dues next year, there will probably be some membership slots opening up in Dec/Jan.
I was one of the negotiators for the land purchase...the club is 40 acres.
Old 06-17-2013, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
I was one of the negotiators for the land purchase...the club is 40 acres.

Maybe you should inform our staff, since they have been claiming for years that the range is around 75 acres.

From our website:
"Our 80 acre range site is located in Meyers Canyon, twenty minutes west of San Bernadino."
Old 06-17-2013, 3:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you should inform our staff, since they have been claiming for years that the range is around 75 acres.

From our website:
"Our 80 acre range site is located in Meyers Canyon, twenty minutes west of San Bernadino."
I stand corrected ... It was 80 acres ..SORRY IM GETTING OLD. its been 12 years. We have an easement on the front 80 acre parcel for our road. The developer donated that for wildlife habitat mitigation to build elsewhere. The club now owns the +/- 80 acres it occupies outright.

Last edited by Ronin2; 06-17-2013 at 4:00 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 4:40 PM

Not that it really matters that much. I think we both agree it's a great range, much bigger then anything available in So. Cal.
Just being curious, are you saying we own some land (easements) along the Forest Service road from Sierra to the gate?
Old 06-17-2013, 7:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Not that it really matters that much. I think we both agree it's a great range, much bigger then anything available in So. Cal.
Just being curious, are you saying we own some land (easements) along the Forest Service road from Sierra to the gate?
The "easement" is only for the road itself, from "our side" of Lytle creek to our gate. I negotiated with the land owner to grant us a formal easement for the road and the right to maintain it as we see nessisary before he deeded it over to the Forest Service for habitat mitigation.

Now that the note on the land has been paid off...all those funds are now being directeded at long term improvements on the range.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

"In before the cap"

I just became a member in January and am getting great use out of the range. 3 gun and LESA ROCK!!!

I wish I had checked it out and joined earlier. I am also glad that there is a cap.

West End is my new shooting home.
Old 06-18-2013, 6:23 AM
YOU are next!!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGT80 View Post
"In before the cap"

I just became a member in January and am getting great use out of the range. 3 gun and LESA ROCK!!!

I wish I had checked it out and joined earlier. I am also glad that there is a cap.

West End is my new shooting home.
+2...