Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 12-13-2016, 6:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Cool Tactical Carbine - Level 1 - $160 - 9/16/23 - Lytle Creek

Have a carbine or lever rifle you use for self-defense? We finally combined these classes together in one class and show how to use both in a tactical environment. Want to learn how to use it with a bullet button in a rapid manner? The carbine has become a mainstay in America and it is critical if you own one that you know how to use it effectively especially as part of a system. This a beginning to intermediate level class that will teach you how to integrate the carbine as part of your defensive strategy. Students will start with zeroing their carbine, work through individual drills, weapon retention, and slicing the pie. Attendees will need 250+ rounds of carbine / lever rifle ammo, weather appropriate clothing (we shoot rain or shine), chair, drinks / snacks, and eye / ear protection. Cost for the course is $160 which is payable by cash, check, money order, credit card, or prepay through the website here. Reserve your spot in the class by September 11th at 5pm. Please contact me with any questions you might have.

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
CA DOJ Instructor, NRA Instructor, Multi-State CCW Instructor
UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
Semper Fidelis
Ps 144:1

Last edited by D-Man; 08-21-2023 at 9:36 AM..
Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 PM

Interested in taking this training course with my pops, I'll get a chance to talk to him about it during christmas break.. in the meantime, is this what you mean by chest rig and will it be useful/required for the training?

Old 12-22-2016, 5:45 AM
Vendor/Retailer

If you want to use that chest rig, go ahead. It is not required for taking the class, but also just fine for using in the class.

Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
Semper Fidelis
Old 12-22-2016, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
If you want to use that chest rig, go ahead. It is not required for taking the class, but also just fine for using in the class.
thanks for the response, I wasn't talking about that specific chest rig (it was just an example picture I pulled up online, I should have been more clear).

Instead I noticed in the description of your post you said "Attendees will need 200+ rounds of carbine / lever rifle ammo, chest rig, weather appropriate clothing (we shoot rain or shine), chair, drinks / snacks, and eye / ear protection. "

So it seems like a chest rig is not mandatory but probably recommended to help. Thanks!

Last edited by Tehjosheh; 12-23-2016 at 7:46 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 7:13 AM

I'm interested in the class. I just have questions I'm one of those panic buyers and I just recently bought an AR before the deadline. I have never shot an AR. Is this class suitable for beginners like me or do you recommend us knowing at least the basics? Don't want to beat a dead horse but chest rig is not needed? Required magazines?
Old 01-05-2017, 7:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erobot02 View Post
I'm interested in the class. I just have questions I'm one of those panic buyers and I just recently bought an AR before the deadline. I have never shot an AR. Is this class suitable for beginners like me or do you recommend us knowing at least the basics? Don't want to beat a dead horse but chest rig is not needed? Required magazines?
FYI I found a pretty good post about the practicality of using a chest rig as a standard citizen (link below). I thought it was a pretty practical viewpoint and in summary the writer does recommend you use one when taking a carbine training course. Seems using one (along with a good number of mags) will maximize your time training and minimize time spent fumbling around for mags.

"What I learned quickly was that carrying less magazines on my person meant more trips back to my pile of gear, which meant less time shooting and learning and more time dealing with an administrative activity."

http://adaptivedefenseconcepts.com/t...bine-operator/
Old 01-04-2019, 6:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

BTT

Semper Fidelis
Old 02-16-2019, 11:28 PM

What time does this class start and end?
Old 02-18-2019, 5:58 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancer704 View Post
What time does this class start and end?
Class runs from 9am - 2:30pm.

Semper Fidelis
Old 08-21-2023, 9:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

BTT

Semper Fidelis