Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 7:49 PM

Default Gun Point Robbery a couple blocks from Sac State (CSUS)

http://www.statehornet.com/news/form...9bb30f31a.html

"Former Associated Students Inc. president Monica Cortez reported she was robbed at gunpoint outside of College Town Drive Apartments near Sacramento State, Sept. 27.
Because the incident happened outside of Sacramento State Police jurisdiction, the case was handled by the Sacramento Police, which has yet to identify a suspect.
The robbery was the second reported in as many weeks where victims were allegedly held at gunpoint by hooded male suspects, according to police.
Cortez pulled into the College Town apartment parking lot around 1 a.m. where she saw a red car parked between College Town and University Village.
She noticed the car move behind her and walked toward her trunk as a man approached.
“I felt like there was something wrong, it just felt strange,” Cortez said. “Like that gut feeling you have when there’s something wrong. I should’ve just got back in my car and left, but I didn’t.”
Cortez said the man pulled out a silver handgun, threatened her and demanded she give him all of her belongings. The suspect then searched her pockets and took her phone, bag, stole her car, and left her unharmed.
“I’ve lived there for a year and a half and never personally experienced something like that,” Cortez said. “You hear about it happening in our area and you see the broken glass, but I never thought I’d go through that.”
Another report was taken around 3 a.m. on Oct. 1, involving two victims and two armed suspects at the same location. The victims also had property stolen but were left unharmed.
“There are not a lot of other citizens around that can bear witness to [the crime],” said Sac State Police Chief Mark Iwasa. “You have to be extra careful when there’s not a lot of people around.”
The police contacted Cortez on Oct. 6 to inform her that her car was recovered. The car was intact other than missing the stereo.
“I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time,” Cortez said. “I’m an easy target. I’m a female, I’m small and I was by myself.“"
Old 10-16-2013, 7:57 PM

What race were the perps?
Old 10-16-2013, 8:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'll just leave this here. Not thrilled with the obummer comment.

Oh, and this is not a statement of race from me (thank network TV for that). I merely posted this because I believe that every citizen sould be able to defend themselves against criminals. No matter what race the scumbag is.

And, as I posted in another thread (motor cycle thief shot by off duty LEO), if you rob somebody at gunpoint, you should expect to get shot.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

Last edited by SonofWWIIDI; 10-16-2013 at 8:08 PM..
Old 10-17-2013, 5:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
“I felt like there was something wrong, it just felt strange,” Cortez said. “Like that gut feeling you have when there’s something wrong. I should’ve just got back in my car and left, but I didn’t.”
You have to trust your gut. If something does not feel right with anything, then treat it like something is wrong. This applies to business deals, personal dealings and especially with personal safety.

She wishes now that she got back in her car and left. Luckily her belongings is all that she lost.
Old 10-17-2013, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggles View Post
What race were the perps?
you had to ask?
Old 10-17-2013, 6:20 PM
Calguns Addict

when I went to sac state I lived in the dorms. there were also two heavy drug dealers living the same dorm room in a different dorm building. I remember one morning hearing about how two masked gunmen came in duck taped the the two guys and took all their drugs money and whatever weapons they had as well. another time we were playing basketball and some asian guys wanted to play so we obliged them. this one wanna be gangsta fat buddha guy pulled a gun on us after they got wiped out. sac state wasnt all that safe when I went there haha.

Old 10-20-2013, 3:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

This is news? That area is known for crime. In fact you should stay out of College Town after dark.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 10-30-2013, 6:13 PM

They stole the stereo out of the car? I didn't know that still happened.
Old 10-30-2013, 7:08 PM

That area isn't as safe anymore. Just reminds me how long ago I was out there. It used to be so nice around Sac State.
Old 11-20-2013, 2:09 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Dmedic View Post
That area isn't as safe anymore. Just reminds me how long ago I was out there. It used to be so nice around Sac State.
That area hasn't been safe for a long time. Here's an example of the type of stuff that happens there daily.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/...ear-sac-state/

Quote:
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Investigators arrested a man for allegedly kidnapping a woman and holding her as a sex slave for two days in an apartment near the Sacramento State campus.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 11-27-2013, 1:46 PM

That area has NOT been safe for quite some time... I choked out a guy there who broke my nose, over nothing! Sucker-headbutt and it was on! His loss... That's why you Carry your 2A, to protect your 1A...