Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 5:01 PM

Default Sonoma County FFLs?

I'm looking for recommendations on an FFL located in SoCo that will accept transfers of AR lowers purchased online from an out-of-state Internet shop. A dealer in my city wants $100 (incl DROS). It seems high, so I thought I'd ask around. $100 is hard to swallow on a part that costs $100-150 Thanks in advance!
Old 11-07-2013, 8:47 PM

I think b2 in cototi will probably do it. Normally the pretty helpful with that stuff
Old 11-08-2013, 9:18 AM

Sportsman something-or-other in Larkfield will, for under $100.
Old 11-09-2013, 8:10 AM

I don't know why these store rape us on transfers.........the state does that already!
Darin's in Napa charges $90. I made a transfer there 5 months ago. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2013, 8:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Indi arms
Old 11-12-2013, 7:10 AM

Rinkor Arms in downtown S.R. is the cheapest and fastest of the Sonoma County FFL's, AFAIK......
Old 11-12-2013, 7:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Independence Armory in Petaluma. Wael is awesome. And buy something else while you are in there.
Old 11-12-2013, 7:37 AM

B2 Enterprises in Cotati. Great people.
Old 11-12-2013, 9:06 AM

Sportsman Arms in Petaluma. Give Gabe a call and tell him your from Calguns

Sacramento Black Rifle.
Old 11-15-2013, 5:55 AM

I just put a Yugo PAP AK into jail at Rinkor Arms two days ago and they were the cheapest FFL that was willing to do the transfer between Garberville and Peteluma.

$60.00 flat fee on a $750.00 rifle coming from an out of state FFL '07 is the cheapest that you are gonna find anywhere.

And they had twice as good of a selection as ANY Sonoma County gun shop that I have yet to visit.
Old 11-16-2013, 9:40 PM

Anyone know if there's an additional fee for multiple rifles? Local fees are ridiculous.
Old 11-17-2013, 8:53 AM

We Offer the Best Deals in the Entire Bay Area for Transfer Fees

Fees:

Transfers from an FFL $25 state fees and $35 service fee. Total cost $60.
Private party transfers $25 state fees and $10 service fee. Total cost $35.
Firearm shipments to an FFL: $25 plus shipping charges.
DOJ fees are fixed at $25 (DROS + Firearms Testing fee + Safety and Enforcement fee)

Hope that helps you out, sir.
Old 11-17-2013, 9:45 AM

Markell's on marks spring road.
Old 11-17-2013, 9:46 AM

Call zirconjohn he is located in Ukiah ... Calgunner as well . Great guy
Old 11-17-2013, 4:45 PM

I used Rinkor recently and they will do up to 5 at one time for the same fee as long as it's from the same place.
Old 11-17-2013, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT3577 View Post
I used Rinkor recently and they will do up to 5 at one time for the same fee as long as it's from the same place.
Thanks man, realized I forgot to specify Rinkor earlier.
Old 11-21-2013, 3:59 PM

Just remember that Rinkor has an 11 day waiting period........LMAO !!!.......
Old 02-18-2014, 6:21 PM

B2 transfer fees are the highest around in a 75 mile radius.
Old 02-21-2014, 9:45 AM

I just did a bunch of out-of-state transfers last year and here is what I found. (I should preface this by saying that I am a research analyst by schooling and by trade so when I do something, I research it to death.) Several of my transfers were coming in from the same seller and several were not. Also, several of my late season purchases were stripped AR lowers, which were in short demand towards the end of last year. The local shops that had them were charging an arm and a leg, evidenced by the fact that with very little research I was able to find a lot of the same receivers for half the price out of state.

If you want a fair price on out-of-state transfers, you should find yourself a private FFL. They are more affordable, plus it is nice to have a one on one relationship with your dealer. Personally, I found Neil McIsaak in west Petaluma/Two Rock to be great, and I have purchased through him several times since. He is a good old honest dairy farmer who treats his customers as people, not just dollar signs. (707) 762-5443.

All of the southern county shops were way over-priced, which is what forced me to find someone private, otherwise I would have loved to have given them my business…which can be brisk at times, not only for firearms, but for all the supplies I need to shoot them.

One of the shops mentioned above told me they didn't like doing out-of-state transfers (their fee made that abundantly clear) because they could get me whatever I wanted. First off, they said they could get whatever I want for cheaper than what I would pay to buy it out of state, have it shipped, and then pay for the transfer. Right there in their case they had one of the items I was looking for, only it was three times!!! as much as what I was paying AND even with my private dealer's transfer fees, mine cost significantly less than what that shop was offering it for. A more appropriate response to me might have been, “What are you looking for; I’d like the chance to sell it to you myself if I can get it and if you like my price” but to flat out say, “I don’t like doing them because I can get you whatever you want and get it for cheaper” was not only inaccurate, but rude. It made it clear that they thought I was an idiot…which I let them know when I chuckled and told them I had one on order for 1/3 the price. That pissed them off to no end, which is too bad because it says a lot about them as a business owner. I like their shop and wanted to look around to see if there was something else I might want, but after that response, I wasn’t going to spend a dime there. Second, their bold statement that they could get whatever I wanted was completely inaccurate, because one of my purchases was a very rare AR that took me over a year to find, scouring local shops, the internet, and gun shows all over the west. I even gave them the name of it and they begrudgingly agreed that they had never even heard of what I was talking about.

Another one of the shops mentioned above didn't even want to give me a price for an out of state transfer. They hummed and hawed until I said, "So...it sounds like you don’t want to do an out of state transfers." to which they replied, "no, we really don't - we would rather you buy from us...I'm sure we have what you are looking for." ...which of course they didn't. They had a couple of the receivers I wanted but at twice the price of what I was paying, it was an insult. I don’t mind paying more in order to support a local shop, but I don’t want to be treated like an idiot…I get enough of that treatment at home. They wouldn't even quote me a price for an out of state transfer. I flat out asked for a price and they eventually flat out said, ‘na, we’d rather not’ even though it was a perfectly legal transfer from a reputable manufacture.

Don't get me wrong. I am willing to pay more for something local than to have it shipped in, but not significantly more. They have a shop to run, I understand that, but my money is hard earned and I don't want to waste it, especially at a shop that is trying to pull a fast one on me. If the shops are going to throw customer relations out the window and only look at their bottom dollar...than I am kind of forced to do the same. It's too bad too, because I prefer to buy my supplies, ammo, optics, etc. locally, but after that lack of customer service, why would I go out of my way to do that, and at a higher cost, than just going online to buy everything? Shop owners - you need to look at the big picture and you need to think about your customer service as a long-term investment. By having prices higher than the internet, you are asking me to do that very thing...you should return the favor.

That all being said, Petaluma Gun and Reloading is one of the few shops I wasn’t able to use because they don’t do black guns…but when you go in there, they actually treat you like you know what you are talking about, until you prove otherwise, at which point they are actually quite polite and help you walk through whatever you need. You can actually go in there to get information, without being treated like an idiot. They are where I will be doing all my supplies purchases…and I already have my eye on a couple of shotguns I will buy…even though I could probably find them cheaper on the internet, or maybe at one of the other shops mentioned above. But they treat me like a customer that they want to have for a long time, and so I am going to treat them like a shop that I want to have around for a long time. Treat me well, and I’ll bring you my business, as well as recommend others to your shop. Treat me like I am an idiot, and just a payday to you, and you won’t see a single dime of my hard earned money.
Old 03-15-2014, 8:47 AM

Dave Bynum in Petaluma. His business is NorCal Outfitters and he's a cool, down to earth guy. He can be reached at 707-953-6381 or you can go to his website: http://www.norcal-outfitters.com/
Old 03-31-2014, 2:56 PM

Rinkor Arms has been my go-to place for a while and for a reason too. $60 flat fee for transfers.
Old 04-03-2014, 6:59 AM

I've PPT transferred and bought consignment pieces at Independence Armory for almost 2 years now; no complaints.

The good thing is that Wael is a machinist and armorer, so you get the side benefit of that perspective as well.

Nice fellows, no intimidation, you can even have normal conversations there ..lol
Old 04-03-2014, 8:38 AM

Rinkor arms +1
Old 04-06-2014, 9:32 AM

Default Windsor FFL

I do transfers for $50 plus the $25 DROS.

Roger Harper
Roger Harper Sales
Windsor, CA
rxdive@mac.com
Old 06-01-2014, 8:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Neil McIsaak in west Petaluma/Two Rock to be great, and I have purchased through him several times since. He is a good old honest dairy farmer who treats his customers as people, not just dollar signs. (707) 762-5443.
Spot On.
Old 06-01-2014, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxdive View Post
I do transfers for $50 plus the $25 DROS.

Roger Harper
Roger Harper Sales
Windsor, CA
rxdive@mac.com
I've done a few transfers from out of state sales with Roger and will definitely use him again in the future.
Old 06-01-2014, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimid8tor View Post
Independence Armory in Petaluma. Wael is awesome. And buy something else while you are in there.
^^^^Second that!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
I've done a few transfers from out of state sales with Roger and will definitely use him again in the future.
Likewise, a good guy to deal with and no hassle. plus he lives a couple blocks from me..bonus!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
Likewise, a good guy to deal with and no hassle. plus he lives a couple blocks from me..bonus!
Old 07-05-2014, 1:25 PM

Thumbs up

I just have to put in a recommendation for Rinkor Arms. The guys there are amazing! They have a nice clean store and they actually act like they want my business. What a concept! They've bent over backwards for me just to do an out-of-state transfer from Atlantic Arms. The total cost of the transfer was only $60! Wow! If you're doing a transfer from another FFL, I can't imagine why'd you'd go anywhere else. I was so please with them, I was sure to buy another $40 worth of stuff just to say, "thanks!" I hope they're around for a long, long time.