Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > The Target Man - AR500 Shooting Targets
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Default The real deal....

This review is long overdue..... but family came first. I'm the proud father of a little baby girl and its been real hectic trying to find time to bail on the wife for some self indulgent trigger time, but I FINALLY made it out.....

I bought 5 mini ISPC targets and a 12" gong, all 3/8" AR500. I just came back from blm land this weekend and all I can say is I'm friggin impressed.

We set up a 15 yard target for pistol practice. It was for .45, 9mm, .40 and 22lr. I angled it down at about 20 degrees and there isn't a mark on it. Even when we hit it with 12 gauge bird shot. The rebar holding up the target was not so lucky, but managed to take a few shots and keep on ticking.

DISCLAIMER, I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS! I took PMC Xtac 5.56 nato 55 gr fmj and unloaded 20+ rounds into it at 15 yards. No scratches or nicks on the surface. A couple other guys also followed suit with 55 gr fmj and 62 gr soft points. One guy reported catching spall on his chin. He got a little nick, so guys please be careful doing when using metal targets!

4 mini ispc targets when out at about 50 yards to 75 yards. Only one had tiny little marks from probably my friend's Steel core 7.62x39 AK rounds. The marks are tiny, and I put a stop it fast when I saw him shooting at them. Well what can you expect from steel core.

My 12" gong went out to about 200 yards and then again at about 75 yards. Not even a scratch. Mostly 5.56/.223 and i think a couple rounds of 308 win. Just needed a little touch up paint!

The edges on a couple of targets were chipped away but i guess that's to be expected where the metal is thinner.

For the most part, everyone was doing shooting drills with .223/5.56 nato with 55 gr fmj, a few guys where using Ruag 62gr soft points, and there were some 55gr wolf too. All in all, I am one satisfied customer and probably gonna buy me some more targets soon!

One thing tho, some of our makeshift plastic stands didn't last long. I'm gonna have to fabricate me some better stands, but these targets will probably last me a few dozen years...and then some. I also

Hope this helped you guys. These targets are no joke! I didn't charge my battery so I don't have many pictures, but I'll ask some of the other guys to send me their pics so I can load up some more pictures later.

Assumption is the Mother of All ****Ups. Speaking of ****ups, where the Hell are all my packages

Last edited by Agent Tikki; 11-02-2012 at 1:55 PM..