Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

Just a few day's away...

Can I ask a quick favor from everyone that coming. If you have any old cellphones lying around the house and don't need them I would love to collect them. I've been collecting old cellphones from friends, co-workers, etc and have been donating them to Cell Phones for Soldiers.

They take the cell phones and sell them for either scrap if the phones are too old or sell them to be refurbished. The money the get they buy prepaid phone cards and sent to soldiers overseas so they can call home.

More info http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 03-20-2014, 1:09 PM

Also if you have any gun accessories you want to sale, please bring them. I will be bringing some cash...
Old 03-20-2014, 1:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Also if you have any gun accessories you want to sale, please bring them. I will be bringing some cash...
What are you looking for?
Old 03-20-2014, 1:47 PM

I'm very sorry to have to back out of this get-together. I was looking forward to meeting some of you from the Survival subforum!

Our daughter is borrowing the car I was planning to use Saturday, leaving me stranded.
Old 03-20-2014, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post
Just a few day's away...

Can I ask a quick favor from everyone that coming. <SNIP>

More info http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
I do believe I might have a couple, Ill bring them with if I do.

Last edited by jeremyy; 03-20-2014 at 3:20 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 7:30 PM

1. Moving Chicane
2. MrLUUzer (I'll bring hotdogs and buns)
3. KingChiron - chicken, an EZ Up, a cooler, and some plastic chairs.
4. Ricky-Ray -
5. Howie44
6. laabstract
7. Valdier - Smallish propane Grill, EZ Up, burgers and buns +condiments
8. Deadtargets
9. CMS2000
10. elekt
11. elekt guest
12. repo4sale - Ice+Drinks+Protein & Candy
13. repo4sale guest
14. Airwolf322 (Bringing several cases of water and large side dish plus napkins)
15. Airwolf322 (Son)
16. Zatoh (more chips and salsa?)
17. DontTreadOnMeBro714 (coffee for the morning crowd)
18. Paltik
19. angytroll (ezup, cooler,grill and some protein )
20. angrytroll daughter
21. jeremyy (bring a few lbs of carne asada)
22. pappyb - I will bring sweets. Fiance is a chef so something desert like.
23. pappyb (guest).
24. Deadtargets (guest)
25. Kingazteca+1(ez-up/cooler and grub)
26. Propman07 + Mrs. Propman07 (EZ-Up, cooler, drinks, ice)
Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM

Add in: Teri-chicken legs, Elk Steak strips, Elk Sausage, Protein Bars!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM

Do we still have to pay the Burro shooting fee if we don't plan on shooting and just hanging out?
Old 03-21-2014, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoka View Post
Do we still have to pay the Burro shooting fee if we don't plan on shooting and just hanging out?
If you are not going to shoot you don't have to pay. But still check in with Burro's range office and let them know.

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Old 03-21-2014, 2:49 PM

Alright gangs..... I am ready!!!!!.....
Old 03-21-2014, 2:55 PM

Is it too late to get in on this? I can bring potluck and barter items! I've got DOD ivan targets as well.

-Brandon
Old 03-21-2014, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeysbandit View Post
Is it too late to get in on this? I can bring potluck and barter items! I've got DOD ivan targets as well.

-Brandon
No not too late...
Old 03-21-2014, 3:09 PM
Veteran Member

Everyone, please try to leave the middle area of East 1 open for me an Lex so we can set that area up as a "communial area" for classes and lunch.

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2014, 3:12 PM

Sweet!

Lex, are you going to bring the deuce and a half? I thought about bringing mine, but the CTIS has been acting up, so maybe another time. The last thing I want is a tow bill from Azusa.
Old 03-21-2014, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeysbandit View Post
Sweet!

Lex, are you going to bring the deuce and a half? I thought about bringing mine, but the CTIS has been acting up, so maybe another time. The last thing I want is a tow bill from Azusa.
Isn't that what AAA is for?
Old 03-21-2014, 3:50 PM

Yes I will be bringing my Deuce (M109A3).
Old 03-21-2014, 3:55 PM

Well unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I've been sick the past 2 days and it'd be kind of a richard move for me to try and show up sick and possibly get others sick as well lol.
Old 03-21-2014, 4:24 PM
CGSSA Board Secretary
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If anyone hasn't listed buffet/food items for lunch and is planning on attending, it looks like we still need:

COOKING GEAR - I only see two grills listed and unless one is large, that aint' gonna do it....

Not sure I saw paper towels, disposable plates, etc.
Cookies?
Chips, snacks, nuts
instant coffee for afternoon?
fruit for the healthy
etc.

Last edited by Moving Chicane; 03-21-2014 at 4:50 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 5:38 PM

If I have napkins or plates I'll bring them. Not getting off work till 3am so don't think I'll be swing by a store in the AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 6:21 PM

I'm bringing paper towels, two cases of water and a large side dish of beans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane View Post
If anyone hasn't listed buffet/food items for lunch and is planning on attending, it looks like we still need:

COOKING GEAR - I only see two grills listed and unless one is large, that aint' gonna do it....

Cookies?
Chips, snacks, nuts
fruit for the healthy
etc.
Old 03-21-2014, 6:23 PM

Ricky, I've never been to Burro, will we all meet up at the registration office or will there be a sign?

Quote:
Everyone, please try to leave the middle area of East 1 open for me an Lex so we can set that area up as a "communial area" for classes and lunch.

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 6:32 PM

Disregard last post, I went back and re-read information, sorry...I'm super excited

Quote:

Thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Chicane View Post

Cookies?
Chips, snacks, nuts
fruit for the healthy
etc.
Hmmm... all I have is charcoal. I'll look into buying a small one from Lowes. I won't be there until 11AM at the earliest though since I will be dropping off the kids at the in-laws. I'll bring some veggies to grill as well as the chips and salsa.

Old 03-22-2014, 2:44 AM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

- deleted -
-Ronald Reagan

*Disclaimer: I'm no lawyer. So don't take my advice as counsel.

Last edited by KingChiron; 03-22-2014 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: inappropriate
Old 03-22-2014, 5:26 AM

I'm bringing a small grill as well. See you guys soon.
Old 03-22-2014, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

Wife got pretty sick last night. I'm out. Moving Chicane will bring the raffle stuff. I was looking forward to seeing Lex's little truck. Take pics please.

Old 03-22-2014, 9:26 AM

I have never been to a shooting range in my life, especially outdoor, that doesn't let you step foot on the range with bi-metallic ammo. There is not one piece of information or fact that corrosive/mil surp ammo is unsafe for the shooter or range. These companies just want to resell your brass and make money. I've shot thousands of tula, wolf, comm bloc, etc through my rifles and they're flawless! They don't give a flying f*** about you or your weapons but rather to charge you your first born child to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. This state of communism will end very soon. And the sad thing is that people don't give a f*** and the state/county know that it's their way or the highway due to state laws. I will not spend one more penny on these communist establishments. Rather, go back to Arizona where some types of my freedom still exist. never again. And the range people could be a TAD bit nicer. Don't have to be a**holes.

You guys at Cal Guns are awesome and I'm sorry for missing this and not being allowed to fire with you all. Be safe and happy shooting fellas
Old 03-22-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menlo0590 View Post
I have never been to a shooting range in my life, especially outdoor, that doesn't let you step foot on the range with bi-metallic ammo. There is not one piece of information or fact that corrosive/mil surp ammo is unsafe for the shooter or range. These companies just want to resell your brass and make money. I've shot thousands of tula, wolf, comm bloc, etc through my rifles and they're flawless! They don't give a flying f*** about you or your weapons but rather to charge you your first born child to exercise your 2nd amendment rights. This state of communism will end very soon. And the sad thing is that people don't give a f*** and the state/county know that it's their way or the highway due to state laws. I will not spend one more penny on these communist establishments. Rather, go back to Arizona where some types of my freedom still exist. never again. And the range people could be a TAD bit nicer. Don't have to be a**holes.

You guys at Cal Guns are awesome and I'm sorry for missing this and not being allowed to fire with you all. Be safe and happy shooting fellas

I too want to echo that sentiment.

I spent a month salivating at the opportunity in wanting to hang out with the Calgunners, I had my car packed with yum yum beans along with two cases of water and chips, table and chairs, I am very sorry, I was turned away after Ammo inspection by the Nazi behind the counter, he blew me off as well when I begin asking questions and I asked him for my money back and gave him back his baby stickers. I had no magnetic ammo, this is an outdoor range is it not? It was my first time here to Burro Canyon, my guest and I were sent packing and NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO WHERE THE CALGUNNERS WERE, please forgive me, I owe you guys some killer Mexican fried beans con queso.

Perhaps (WE) Calgunners should commission a campaign to get these establishments to start supporting the Constitution instead allowing them to use the word "NO" as an aphrodisiac to get off on, but I understand, this is about money and not principals, I echo the sentiments of Menlo0590, soon everyone will have no choice but to either support the Constitution or stand against it, when the music starts I'll bet it will be these cowards behind the counter that side with the Stasi. At the Manteca Sportsmen in Northern Cali this would have never happened.

It was my first time to Burro....and my last.

Thank you Ricky Ray for organizing this shin dig, hopefully I will get to meet all of you awesome Calgunners at the North Orange County Shoot in Stanton, you folks are the best
Old 03-22-2014, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

Well that is sad. Just a month ago, they would let you check bi-metal at the desk, and go to the range. Pretty sad that two CGers got treated like this.

Point of clarification on this though. It is the forest service not the range forcing the no bi-metal issue. They claim it is a fire risk. I frankly don't buy it, but that is the claim.
Old 03-22-2014, 2:48 PM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

I apologize for not making it out today. I got a little carried away with good times last night. Woke up 7am this morning with a stabbing hangover and I just could not function. I'll make it up to you Ricky!

Quote:
Wife got pretty sick last night. I'm out. Moving Chicane will bring the raffle stuff. I was looking forward to seeing Lex's little truck. Take pics please.
Hope she gets well soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menlo0590 View Post

You must've had a really good reason to come to California from Arizona Evidence to the contrary, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwolf322 View Post
I too want to echo that sentiment.

I spent a month salivating at the opportunity in wanting to hang out with the Calgunners, I had my car packed with yum yum beans along with two cases of water and chips, table and chairs, I am very sorry, I was turned away after Ammo inspection by the Nazi behind the counter, he blew me off as well when I begin asking questions and I asked him for my money back and gave him back his baby stickers. I had no magnetic ammo, this is an outdoor range is it not? It was my first time here to Burro Canyon, my guest and I were sent packing and NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO WHERE THE CALGUNNERS WERE, please forgive me, I owe you guys some killer Mexican fried beans con queso.

Perhaps (WE) Calgunners should commission a campaign to get these establishments to start supporting the Constitution instead allowing them to use the word "NO" as an aphrodisiac to get off on, but I understand, this is about money and not principals, I echo the sentiments of Menlo0590, soon everyone will have no choice but to either support the Constitution or stand against it, when the music starts I'll bet it will be these cowards behind the counter that side with the Stasi. At the Manteca Sportsmen in Northern Cali this would have never happened.

It was my first time to Burro....and my last.

Thank you Ricky Ray for organizing this shin dig, hopefully I will get to meet all of you awesome Calgunners at the North Orange County Shoot in Stanton, you folks are the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Well that is sad. Just a month ago, they would let you check bi-metal at the desk, and go to the range. Pretty sad that two CGers got treated like this.

Point of clarification on this though. It is the forest service not the range forcing the no bi-metal issue. They claim it is a fire risk. I frankly don't buy it, but that is the claim.
We're in agreement. There is this one study that was done to determine the probability of a fire. Hitting steel dead on decreases the chance of setting a fire, but the danger is still there. Lead core copper jacket ammo is the least likely bullet to start a fire. Which is why the Forest Service is anal about it.
-Ronald Reagan

Last edited by KingChiron; 03-22-2014 at 3:00 PM..
Old 03-22-2014, 3:23 PM

Alex's truck is a Beast 4 Arnold's movies

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 5:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo4sale View Post
Alex's truck is a Beast 4 Arnold's movies

Agreed. Arnold might get envious!

Had a great time. Thanks lex for getting this going.

Old 03-22-2014, 6:55 PM

i am burnt like no other! ahhhhaha.
Old 03-22-2014, 7:00 PM

Ha now all you gun owners understand why a G27 & G26 is the perfect pocket guns, they shoot straight at 100 to 200 yards with almost no bullet drop!

Old 03-22-2014, 7:33 PM

Great meeting everyone out there today. Sorry to hear those of you got turned away. My buddy that came had his M1 Garand ammo confiscated/held and he was stuck without being able to shoot it.

I will upload those documents I made tomorrow so check back later. Take care everyone, thanks for a good time!

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-22-2014, 9:22 PM

That was a great get together I wish I could have stayed longer.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:15 PM

Thanks to the organizers of today's event. I had a great time and learned tons from the various sessions.

Also, great meeting everyone who was able to make it out and getting to climb Lex's beast was a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChiron View Post
We're in agreement. There is this one study that was done to determine the probability of a fire. Hitting steel dead on decreases the chance of setting a fire, but the danger is still there. Lead core copper jacket ammo is the least likely bullet to start a fire. Which is why the Forest Service is anal about it.
Between the lack of credible cases where steel jacket has caused a fire on a dirt range (find me a range that uses dried peat for ground cover) and the fact that the study primarily indicates that if anything should be banned it is solid copper, I still call BS on the forest service, but what can you expect from a government bureaucracy that knows nothing about forests to begin with. Those idiots are 99% to blame for the deforestation in CA yet they throw their weight around like they have the first clue how to prevent fires.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:33 AM

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the food was GREAT(i promise more gourmet burgers next time) and hope to see the pics soon, very informative all stations. I didn't shoot so sorry to hear all you that had trouble with range office.
If you like in the future I CAN INVITE some of you(4 max per visit) to my gun range thats private club and no questions asked except for a few exceptions.

Last edited by kingazteca; 03-23-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 2:50 AM
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Between the lack of credible cases where steel jacket has caused a fire on a dirt range (find me a range that uses dried peat for ground cover) and the fact that the study primarily indicates that if anything should be banned it is solid copper, I still call BS on the forest service, but what can you expect from a government bureaucracy that knows nothing about forests to begin with. Those idiots are 99% to blame for the deforestation in CA yet they throw their weight around like they have the first clue how to prevent fires.
Agreed. Not to mention all the gas emission pollution from the heavy machinery used in deforestation. Speaking of bans, what about that lead ban that passed for hunting? Since lead is the ammunition of choice to prevent fires, what are hunters supposed to use? The solid metal ammo that's more likely to cause fires if it hits a rock? Which btw solid copper/steel weighs less than lead so it has less range and wider pattern trajectory.

About the lack of credible cases, I remember Angeles Shooting Range caught fire on Thanksgiving last year. Someone was shooting Ruag MFS 7.62mm x 39mm at the steel plates over at the left side rifle range and it caught the surrounding dry brush and weeds on fire. (about cases like this everywhere, I bet reporting or recording incidents would be hard to find because well, why would someone endanger their business by admitting a fire risk?)
-Ronald Reagan